You know, there's nothing wrong with enjoying video games. It's a perfectly fine hobby...

You know, there's nothing wrong with enjoying video games. It's a perfectly fine hobby. I'm getting into them more than ever lately. But then I see people like this and I just don't know how to feel.

There's something so off-putting about an adult man who talks video games all day long. I'm 20, I play during my free evenings a lot. But I have never called myself a gamer. I don't discuss this sort of thing with my friends. Around girls I don't even talk about playing video games. It's often seen as a very immature hobby, and I don't blame anybody for thinking that when I see people like this fat guy with his headset sperging out about games he doesn't like.

How do you play video games and still feel like a mature adult?

If I stopped doing things I like because idiots also like doing it I would have nothing to do and would either commit suicide or go on a killing spree. Just because literal children play video games doesn't make video games have any less merit as a thing to waste your life doing. It's how you interact with them and what you get out of it that matters. Adults are just old children, maturity is a meme.

I feel the same way about movie critics, sports commentators, reporters in general, etc.. It's the mark of a person who has no creativity or skill whatsoever, whose only use is to summarize the world's events into cliff-notes version,s for people too lazy or busy to bother watching it all themselves. "Here, let me tell you the entire fucking life story of this random linebacker while we wait to see if that touchdown was good, because its my job to research these kinds of things for you!"

For the most part, that's what a professional LPer does. Oh sure, there's those out there that just play video games and have fun with them and also post them online, but that's not the same. People like this, people whose JOB is video games? They're there to play games you don't have time to play, talk about games you didn't want to play, summarize and review games you might consider playing. They don't even have to be good at the games (and often times, they aren't because they play a huge variety and so can never improve) so their only use is a mouthpiece. It's pathetic.

I play games with complexity and difficulty high enough that every member of my family, were they to put their minds together, could barely figure out. They're the ones playing kid's games; they play Hearthstone while I build giant monuments to my own autism.

Oh, and here's a little secret, from an actual adult (which doesn't really hit until age 30ish): there's no such thing as growing up. You know how, when you were a little kid, you'd "play house" and go around pretending as if you knew what the fuck you were doing? Being an adult is like that; nobody knows what the fuck we're doing. We're all just stupid little kids that have suddenly been given dominion over others and a sincere hope that we won't screw it all up. There's no magical point in life where you wake up one morning, stop watching Disney movies, and become mature. Adults don't exist. There's just children, and slightly-aged children with a job and a driver's license. You'll realize that, some day.

and maturity isn't a meme. you're the person op is describing

You mean a person who found a way to get paid lots of money to sit at home and fuck around with what is often considered a child's hobby? Oh yes. It would be SO much more mature to work in a cubicle or a factory making slave wages and go home drowning your sorrows in lite beer and a recording of the evening's football game.

It used to be called the "American Dream" to find something you enjoy and get paid for it. Now it's called being a child. Pass the salt, big man. I got a big pile of "winning at life" over here, that could use some.

Why do you care about what other people think?

What is your favorite video game and why do you hate the Jews, Holla Forums?

By not being insecure about it. If you're still fretting that someone might think you're a nerd for liking video games, then yes, you might not be a mature adult but it's on you, not on the games.

Honestly, you and everyone else would probably hate the guy whose pic you posted no matter what he was about, simply because he is a colossal faggot.
You can actually talk about a ton of shit with "mature adults" if you can just manage to not be a colossal faggot.

Quads of truth!

i fuking hate reviewtech so much holy shit

This, don't be so insecure.

checked

It's pretty typical that the only people who obsess over maturity, tend to be very childish in nature. While they may not like 'childish' things, they often exude behavior we would associte with children, just at a higher functioning level.

Honestly, adults couldn't give a shit anymore if you play vidya, since it's been around for so long and nowadays almost everyone under the age of 50 plays them in some form or another. Most people would probably judge you more for watching cartoons then they would playing videogames

You know, there's nothing wrong with enjoying football. It's a perfectly fine hobby. I'm getting into them more than ever lately. But then I see people like this and I just don't know how to feel.

There's something so off-putting about an adult man who talks football all day long. I'm 20, I play during my free evenings a lot. But I have never called myself a footballer. I don't discuss this sort of thing with my friends. Around girls I don't even talk about football games. It's often seen as a very immature hobby, and I don't blame anybody for thinking that when I see people like this fat guy with his headset sperging out about footballers he doesn't like.

How do you play football and still feel like a mature adult?

OP is a faggot and the sky is blue. What's new except those sick ass quads?

Seventy years ago, model trains where a thing kids wanted and loved, but adults would be mortified to play with them. As the years went on, those kids turned into adults who collected and played with trains in their off-hours, as it's a hobby they could finally indulge in without concern of the standards of society. Those standards shifted along with the years, and now model trains are things only weird men do in backrooms as an esoteric hobby, rather than as a luxury for spoiled children. I highly doubt video games will ever hit the point of over-saturation where kids stop bothering with them and they become the unpopular medium of hobbyists, but i certainly hope.

To answer your question: i just play shit and enjoy it. Don't be such a douche and fuck what other people think.

a better question would be:
how do you go through life without enjoying simple childish pleasures, constantly wrestling with the burdens of adulthood?

For me it's kind of worse. I actually want to work for and design video games, yet I don't want to associate myself with any of the autism included. It's why whenever someone asks me what I want to do in life, I lie and just say some trade job. Thing is, the medium of video games itself isn't an immature thing to take part in, it's the community of easily excited, autistic, manchildren that gives video games the bad reputation. If they're not that, then they're either suits or Youtubers who exploit the living hell out of the industry for
money and boost their egos to retarded levels, which end up working almost every time because the majority of gamers have the mental capacity of a child. That's not even counting the SJW's who have also fucked up the industry beyond belief.

Unless you're referring to mainstream, commercial critics, critics and theorists at least contribute by defining and analyzing movies, and outlining what makes them so good in an academic sense. It's something that I wish the game industry would pick up, but so far I've only seen a few barley known theorists. Even then, whenever someone would hear game theory, they'd probably think instantly of MatPat and his retarded fan fiction.

I would fuck chicks.

I think model train sets are pretty fucking comfy and watching one run is like the most serene thing you could ever do.

Are those dance suppose to be from something?

Get over yourself.
Being an adult means doing whatever the fuck you enjoy without approval of others having any bearing on your enjoyment of it.
I'm too lazy to look up the C.S. Lewis quote.
This isn't the 90's anymore, OP.

iunno lol

the bane of anonymous nazi forums. why can't anons be friends?

if you're looking for purpose and meaning in your life through your hobby, and it doesn't, try out other hobbies

That's because its a thousandth Movie Blob clone babbling about his area of """"""expertise"""""". Those kinds of people ruin everything. I dunno what spawns these cretins but it seems like they're a permanent feature of the landscape. That doesn't mean there can't still be respectable deliberation on games. Just not from those people. And btw consuming shouldn't be considered a hobby IMO. You just consume a product, its a pastime.

because strafing allows you to not have to flick the stick at your target every time you want to attack it. it allows you to move and attack at the same time, which is useful for a whole lot more than just combat against another human-shaped opponent

Grow up and take it easy, man. It's just video games.

OoT had first person. Checkmate, deists

True. But the worse kinds of people are the people that hate a person so much that they follow that persons every move that they make videos about them. You can just look at DSP and hate on him without knowing his background but some of these people who make compilation videos really have no life.

You have to be watching his streams, watching the whole video or collaborating with other autists to filter hours of gameplay videos to make a video that can be over an hour long about a guy you supposedly hate. Unless your one of those Arabian oil barons that has money to spend on tubers, you really have no excuse to waste your own time like that.

Slightly related, since Reviewtech USA was brought up by OP, he did have that tweet convo with DSP about calling his fans lazy being the reason his business is failing. The funny thing is that he made that a public tweet instead of having a private conversation about it. Being that such people should be big on using social media, he showed a lack of common sense in the exchange. Nobody should ever have a conversation through twitter and I don't know why people still do it. It's a platform made to be misunderstood.

shadow of mordor goty unlock (requires base game) 8FYQH-OPRI4-EDWVZ

plz take it its in like 3 threads and somehow no one has

Nobody really hates DSP, user. People laugh at how bad he is at video games and his completely unlikable personality. One of DSP's forum mods even confirmed that this is how he acts when he's not streaming, as well.
Like Kojima World Order or Son of Kojima, anyone who seriously hates DSP is a retard.
People can spend their time how they want, and they don't need to justify it to you.

Frank West was always overrated. What's the appeal?
Oh right, he was in the Japanese one, coincidentally also the only DR game that Holla Forums likes. Fucking weebs.

No, people also liked Chuck Greene. Dead Rising 3 and 4 just fucking sucked.

Surprise, surprise, OP doesn't bother to post in his own thread.

You've brought smiles with those quads.

You shut your whore mouth, Chuck Greene was also good.

im pretty sure op just wanted people to help him win an argument with his mom

Easy. Two things: one, every hobby has its autists. There's a balance to everything and of course you're going to look like a retard if you obsess about something. Which leads me to two: don't obsess about your hobby and maintain the other adult aspects of your life. If you're leading a productive and happy life first, and game second, you'll never go wrong. I can look on my week and confidently say I'm satisfied with it, before I flip on the TV.

Remember, being an adult means managing stress from work, family, and obligations. You're gonna go fucking nuts if you don't. As long as your distraction from life doesn't become your life, it's fine.

I agree with this, football commentators are as much of a joke as all the video game E-Celebs

LOL
O
L

Fixed for more Melee accuracy

Videogames aren't talked about in academia at all (except in retarded degrees that no one actually cares about)
There's no Videogame Theory classes for example

Youre never gonna get good critical reviewers until it enters academia and even then it's unlikely that those people will even have good taste

DSP is annoying, ungrateful & fat retard who is trying to live his life as a successful gamer even though he has no talent to do so.

You just helped me realize that Policenauts and Ace Combat 3 take place in the same year.

For you.

yeah, i like it

The only things you can outgrow are clothes. My dad is in his 50s and he still quotes Johnny Bravo and Ed, Edd n Eddy mainly Rolf on occasion.

The problem is people acting like they should receive praise and recognition for liking 'geeky' things, which apparently can now be anything from a word search to fucking Disney!

Aren't a lot of sports commentators ex-athletes anyway?

By asking this question, you have proven that you are not a mature adult. Just an insecure child.

Film didn't really start getting taken seriously as art until the 60's. Maybe it will happen with games and there will be a New Hollywood sort of thing in the video game industry. We're still a ways off though.

Does the term "Sprites" refer to pixel art only? Or does it include traditional 2d animation?
Either way, in the western world, drawing is for faggots and 3d puppets are socially acceptable. 3d models will stay popular for a while longer and illustrations will come back hopefully.

it was gearboxed and lacked polish to begin with

Threads over everybody, bumping for quads of truth.