Ace Combat General

EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT AC7 SO FAR
pastebin.com/k3AQQvEB

NEW TO ACE COMBAT?
Ace Combat is a series of arcade-y dogfighting sims where you pilot a multitude of fictional and real planes in various conflicts in the alternate world of Strangereal. This game isn't like other flight sims such as DCS world or EF2000, in that it doesn't strive for an absurd amount of realism in its flight model. Instead, Ace Combat is all about fun. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is the latest game in the series and will be releasing on the PS4 in 2017 with PSVR support.

If you want to try out the series, grab the latest PCSX2 build from here and use the settings pictured (or if you know what you're doing feel free to raise your graphics settings however you want): buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

or grab a PS2 and play Ace Combat 04, 5, and 0. Those are the best of the series and if you enjoy them you'll enjoy the rest. If you have an Xbox 360 then grab Ace Combat 6 (No idea whether it runs on Xenia). See the chart for any other games you may want to try.

DON'T HAVE ONE OF THE GAMES?
Well here you go:

Air Combat (Easily skippable but worth playing if you want to see where it all began):
mega.nz/#!hdNmFZDY!YpX7FmCVsIohCRz63Suc47Olo6iJ05YAouzHbaKBIZY

Ace Combat 2:
mega.nz/#!gclBRCoD!7qlCBsoq1GPWoD71j6dMYZ7W5J3CjgCSBAGMxDQpUac

Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere:
(Link will be added when proper english translation is finished)

Ace Combat 04 Shattered Skies:
mega.nz/#!NdVREDYJ!dyqiVVFiDkKgmPntWYgMBFpuTAPzr9vatDh5FVToJy4

Ace Combat 5 The Unsung War:
mega.nz/#!UNMmjL4A!LZZrDurory6YLs_6N7fWmj9XoAENrQboEJAtWeGe6rM

Ace Combat 0 The Belkan War:
mega.nz/#!cF1zRLiY!t1tVj7i3Oy9l9zirj40eUC-uqzRxNUj5RWrFpGixJ7k

EXTRA SHIT

Aces at War artbook:
mega.nz/#!j45AgabB!rCUE-drpxSpEO65gSfL_LR3Lk9MDRLzffMoeYAsujqs

Project Wingman (Fanmade game inspired by Ace Combat):
rb-d2.itch.io/wingman

Open Horizon (Open source implementation of Assault Horizon's renderer and physics with DFM removed, will eventually be able to play all earlier PS2/360 AC levels and custom maps):
zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Ace_Combat_5:_The_Unsung_War
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
theaviationist.com/2016/06/27/f-15e-strike-eagles-unable-to-shoot-down-the-f-35s-in-8-dogfights-during-simulated-deployment/
breakingdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/04/F-35-2013-SAR.pdf
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
useatoday.blogspot.com/2016/12/ac3-e-ie-discs-22-h-e-v-e-n-n-d-e-r-t-h.html
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7963279/AC3E IE (v2.0).rar
volafile.io/get/VSr8IV5lZBM/Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (Eng IE 2.0).7z
mega.nz/#!qhgWgaia!8AkoPpWaALmNEe62Ct73V7c98nCOrjhABtFVFXZcFxQ
volafile.io/get/YRh1ovXD_No/Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (Eng IE 2.0) fixed.7z
mega.nz/#!75IlHJ4a!329ckW93YlGhn9Bye7Q1lHyMNT7N78Cj6jFRbC_MUu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FUCK

it was either that or get a steam release with denuvo

Really? I thought it was considerably better than AC1

I suffer from motion sickness. Do you think I'll be able to play this using a VR headset?

Real life pilot girls imitate the frat boy attitude of male pilots but it's way more grating because of how artificial it is

nigga you gon die

just dont do loop de loops

I got myself a copy of AC4 coming in the mail, and I sent one out to a friend for christmas. Hopefully this game is as good as Holla Forums generally makes it out to be. Any advice for a fresh player?

Reiko>Kei

Don't lose sight of your wingman

And give it to the fourth mission before it really picks up

WHO'S FUCKING HYPED?!

Should I play the games in japanese? I was reading a light novel, and they were playing ace combat assault horizon.

Jap versions use English voices anyways for most games. it won't make a difference.

There better be a HOTAS special edition. Or at least let me be able to use my old Thrust-master Cougar.

But isn't that part of the whole experience?

I've waited 9 years for AC6 to be ported to fucking anything else. I've waited long enough. Time to get a used 360 off ebay.

CODEMONKEY LET ME POST

Is it out? How it was?

One of the Japanese articles that was translated mentioned that he was using the VR set and felt as though G-forces were acting on his body. His mind geared his body up for aerial maneuvers that weren't really happening.

Nigga, you gon die. But at least you will achieve FULL IMMERSION in death.

Only if they have a Hori HOTAS set like previous versions.

I'd even take it through the Windows/Xbox store if I had to.

In case anyone is wondering, there is a spam bot posting random bullshit into threads everywhere. Like >>11432405 and >>11432465

kek

Fuck this. I'm out.

I've never done assembly before, for any architecture, and I want to keep it that way after trying to help her out with a few things.

Why bother playing games? Just Watch tv if you want shit done already

You sub-plat shitters don't even know the half of it.

GM/Top 500 has become "play inside the meta or we're reporting you and throwing the match and we're doing this every time we see your battletag oh and we'll name and shame you on reddit too". It's pathetic.

user play the holy trinity first before considering buying AC7. You nuggests need a starter before you get the main course

Also AC4 runs like shit on PCSX2

You could try running it in hardware mode if you don't mind some artefacting

New revisions of PCSX2 let you play it in hardware mode without problems. Can attest that 5 runs beautifully, not sure about the others yet.

I'm playing around with AC4 right now. DX9 and DX11 hardware mode have black artifacts all over the player plane and clouds are missing, OGL hardware mode looks great but runs like absolute shit, software mode runs great but looks like absolute shit.

Yeah I heard that 5 an 0 runs well,I only got just 4 and it has a lot of artefacts everywhere, and if you run it in software mode it goes 15fps. Dowloading AC5 right now anyway

Gripen is mine. Only mine!

Playing through the series for the first time, just got past the stadium level in AC5 (embed related ;_;)

Goddam this is good shit. The story is simple as hell, but I am getting into it like nothing else I have played in the past few years. It may have plenty of cheese in it, but fuck it hits everything that nothing AAA has in so fucking long. I can't get the game out of my head, something I haven't felt in years.

Welcome to the skies, user.

Playing AC5 now in latest version of PCSX2 and in software mode the ground looks like shit. I don't really notice it much, but it's certainly a problem. At least all the aircraft look fine unlike AC4.

In both games, it works fine to run hardware mode when you can, then switch to software mode and deal with fucked up ground textures for missions that can't get 60 fps with software mode.

sage for double post.

Had this too, it's easily fixable

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Ace_Combat_5:_The_Unsung_War

The game runs good for me, but it's actually either 60 fps either 22 fps and I an't understand why.

I think you mixed up the word hardware and software a few times there, user.

Ace Combat just shows that even a little bit of cheese is alright so long as you have likable characters and an engaging world.

Don't worry user, it only gets better. The buildup to the final mission is well laid out, and you'll feel your dick harden when you play the conclusion.

Someone make more AC5 OC, I've only got AC0 pictures and oc

Dark souls 2 had the best story in tne series

It was a lot simpler and better executed then Gwyn's twisted boogaloo

Pre-Microsoft Rare.

Reminder Platinums last 4 games have been shit

Happy that you're enjoying the game and the high quality cheese user.

Some use aimbots yes

Yes they do. Its always been Trey (and sometimes Matt).

I only ever played the demo but I do want more

The who?

Yeah, you know what the problem with that is? No Man's Sky was shat on a whole fuckton because of that, because literally no other big game dev (Besides Peter Molyneux) has done that shit because it's flat out lying

Because Judy literary looks and acts like my older sister.

They added PayPal to jap psn?

I thought it didn't have that feature over there, not that I checked in a while.

The sand niggers and niggers will get to her first, due to Sweden.

It depends entirely. I get motions sickness if I look at something static while my body moves around a lot but I have no problem with VR telling me that I am moving all over the place while my body is stationary. Apparently it's only when my brains gets massive sets of signals from the inner ear that it can't make sense of that it tards out.

If you want to know you only option is to go to a mall or a friend and try it.

Are there any VR mods like the 3D in dolphin? Going through the entire series in VR with stick, throttle and rudder as a lead up to AC7 next year would be ? .

Ratbat go back to bed.

You don't even actually kill yourself, you just let your Pawn have your body
The previous Seneschal pulls the Godsbane out of his chest, implying he did the same fucking thing

first time posting here

yo

nice game boyos

The trailer makes me tear up like a motherfucker.

Give me a better multiplayer game to play then

Here's some news for all of you retards. It will be an actual spiritual successor to FFXII, which is the best way to go too. It will be set in Ivalice too, by the way. Bad thing is that it is going to be one of the worst FFs to date, due to shit action based gameplay mechanics and bad game design overall.

TO SEE IF I COULD FEEL.

AWAY AWAY

just pirate windows

Am I having a stroke or do nearly none of the past dozen responses make sense?

It is hitscan, it just has a charge time between pressing shift and actually hooking
It has been proven multiple times, you can do it yourself in practice

The Master of Death is the one who sends souls to their destination so they can be processed, stripped clean and sent back to the circle of life. Without a Master of Death, I imagine something like FFX is happening.

What the fuck is happening?

Bui's spamming the board again.

English is the language of pilots, so it is perfect for us.

Highly doubtful. PCSX2 emulation is a clusterfuck compared to Dolphin. I don't think interlaced video would be a good match for VR anyway.

The board is being spammed. Hence the stricter captcha.

Posting AC content.

Probably not, since VR mode forces you to use a first-person cockpit view. But you should try it for yourself when it comes out, if you can, either at a store or a friend's place.

Nice picture dump. You must habe of stonk Belkan ancestry

Best livery of all time.

My god, what kind of shitty plugin does this?

It's a 50/50 chance that either the PCSX2 devs were too incompetent to make all games render in progressive scan, or they chose to make them render as interlaced because it's accurate to how the real thing functions. I can appreciate accuracy in most scenarios, but interlacing is the one thing that at a minimum should be optional.

It's simply not possible to do that across all games, you'd basically need to rewrite a good part of the games renderer for every game that doesn't support progressive scan by default or with a generic patcher (and no AC doens't do progressive scan with generic patchers).
Interlacing is part of how the PS2 does things and some game heavily rely on it there's no going around it.

Fuck my wallet, I just bought both of these.

Impulsive or rich? Godspeed.

Impulsive. Also got them well below average asking price on eBay, so I'll keep them around.

Was going to buy a PVM, but the seller was being a royal fucking bait-and-switching jew. Is now asking $160 for a 13" screen.
Oh, and I'm planning to test the PC drivers for both, and will report the results when I can.

You're a real human bean.

I'm not so sure it's set in stone. PS1 games that ran at 480i can easily be played in progressive scan instead via emulator. For example, Mednafen in software mode will display interlacing, but in OpenGL or Vulkan it is progressive scan.

Why do you need two?

One is for Xbox 360, the other for PS2?

Ah that makes sense. I suppose the 360 one also works on PC, which means it works for emulators.

Who is the father?

Some Jap wrote drivers for the PS2 stick, as well, since it uses USB, and some badass recompiled them for x64

Nice.

Holy shit fuck this per-post captcha.

Screencap because the site doesn't want to post my post.

Cloudflare things your post, because of the quotes, is an SQL conditional.
The post won't even reach Holla Forums because Cloudflare thinks you're trying an SQL injection.

That's interesting, but I still say there could be some clever hacky shit that could be done to always provide progressive scan while also retaining any post processing effects. I'm sure it would be no easy task though.

"Testing"

No, has to be a specific kind of quote.
Like "X is Y" but quote Y is not X quote.

What resolution and frame rate does Ace Combat 6 run at? 720p 60fps right?

Nevermind, everything I'm looking at on YouTube suggests it is only 30fps. That's a damn shame.

What about the remasters, it's been two years now and no news. Plus it will probably only be on PS4 now…

It's still worth a play. Even with the sub par framerate the game is very stable. And once you unlock the last plane, NG+ becomes incredibly fun

Only way that flat-chested girl would have anything close to a bust. I'd motorboat her anyday doe.

So Holla Forums, would you wife the Razgriz?

Honestly, I think it's a long shot. Even if Kono likes the idea, it has to be supported by people higher up than him. If they were planning on doing one, they probably would have announced it already, to tie in with the AC7 marketing. Maybe if AC7 does well they'd consider it.

Here's a webm of Project Wingman

This looks awesome.

I read on the AC wiki that flares will be a mechanic in the game. If so, that makes me happy.

Cheesiest trailer warning.

Never 5 get the Kestrel.
You were to good for this world ;_;7.

I would have a long, happy marriage with her and we would get a pet dog and name him Galm too.

Probably, at least it's better than being alone.

May plenty of noborders and flamenco come to the drawfag whom made this masterpiece

Hm, are you using latest stable version or a development version? I'm currently still using 1.4.0, should I use the new development ver?

Use the link in the OP to download the latest version of 1.5.0.

Is there or will there be a cockpit view?

They showed a cockpit view for like a second in that clip, near 2:00.

Oh, nice i missed that.

Cockpit view is still in. It's better then ever now since the game has VR support. Ace Combat might be the first real game to do VR right.

You mean the ones that were never announced and will never exist?

Embed to support the developer with views.

Good show. I only posted the webm as it has Ace Combat music

This would have been perfect with a bit better pacing and distortion of voices to sound like radio while flying.

I want to believe

ey fuk u mang

Truth hurts

Now I've seen everything.

Anyone else noticed Stonehenge at exactly the 1:00 mark? Still looks destroyed; guns are pointed everywhere but correctly.

There's a theory going around that the Eruseans are repairing stonehenge to attack Lighthouse, evidenced by the fact that in that shot, one of the guns looks like it's been repaired since Ace Combat 04.

absolutemadmen.jpg

I've been out of the loop for a little while. Will I need a shiny new PS4+1 in order to play this in VR?

I believe the PSVR works with normal PS4, but I'd imagine the experience would be inferior versus the Pro, which is already inferior versus Oculus or Vive.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We really need standardizations with these things. Didn't I hear that the Pro actually caused games' framerate to lower somehow?

The thing is, Stonehenge is located outside of Erusean borders. They seized it by force and this is what led to ISAF forming and the war occurring.

If they seized it again it would probably cause ISAF to attack them again. Even covertly repairing it would still be cause for war.

So yeah, will be curious to see how Stonehenge fits into this story.

Some games apparently do slow down yeah, but I haven't heard of any incompatibility with the baseline PS4 yet, so I'd just go with that if I were you.

I was given a PS4 about a year ago. The only thing I've played on it is MGSV and like 10 minutes of Arkham Knight, because it came with it. I've been waiting on AC7 and Kingdom Hearts III. Nier looks good, too.

I might go for it if I can find a good deal on trading my current system up for it. But that's an additional tax on top of whatever a PSVR costs. I love me some Ace Combat so dearly, but this is starting to become a dear investment indeed.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK

Christmas scalpers. The thing is supposed to be $400, still too much though.

I feel slightly better.

But only half as good as my purest and most powerful of Hitler… Man I can't even call that dubs. I got 1488 to the nth degree.

So, what are everyones' hopes for multiplayer? I know it'll never happen, but I've always dug two-seater co-op.

Überprüft, Diese Ziffern sind gut

Sony requires games to have identical feature sets across both the base PS4 and the PS4 Pro. So it will run in VR on both models. However, so far we've seen in practice that games running on the PS4 Pro often have worse framerates than those on the base model, presumably because they're trying so hard to render at a higher resolution. Since you already have a PS4, there's no reason to upgrade yet. Wait until AC7 comes out and people have tested it on both models before you consider upgrading.
That said, because PSVR games are all required to render at 1080p (no more, no less), there's a better chance that AC7 in PSVR will actually benefit from running on PS4 Pro, since there will be more powerful hardware without any more pixels to push.

Anyone know a way to obtain and play Ace Combat Xi? As far as I can tell they no longer sell it and probably wouldn't be compatible on modern versions of iOS. I only want it to record some footage of it, don't need very much.

Come on, I want to finally fly a Night Raven

Find a cracked .ipa of it then get a jailbroken iPhone / jailbreak yours.
Don't believe anything that pretends it can emulate iOS app on whatever other device.

Nigguh, did I just catch you talkin shit about Ratbat/Eden?

Thanks for saving that, I thought I lost it. also that's not the right version of HERE COMES THE SNOW

MY
NIGGA

Goddammit if only Mobius 1 was a guy in this pic, this would be hilarious if it weren't for how rapey it was.
i
what the fuck

How new are you to not consider that even just the start.

I imagine someone will make a firmware driver that fools the PS4 into believing a non-specific headset is a PSVR.

Not new at all, just never seen that specific combination before.

How and where do I get PSX emulator in preparation to AC3?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

You're welcome.
Looks like it started out forced and ended up consensual which is the hottest shit.

Easier said than done.

RIP F-35

Wait another 9 years for 360 emulation to be good enough to have Ace Combat 6 play perfectly.

Lockheed Shill BTFO

I don't know how they did it, but I'm sure it's made some people very rich. Fuck that turd.

ISAF dogs trying to destroy Erusea again, but by causing war against Osea

preparation for what?
big things happening?

It's even better when you think that a Man who can make a company lose billions of dollars with a single tweet has the power to to text message every single phone in the US at once.

Is that why Lockheed shills have been quiet in this thread? They can no longer afford them?

In two days, Project Nemo gets released. It's the translation for the Nip version of AC3 since the western version got gimped to hell.

wow, sorry for not being aware, but that's good news
glad there are people out there wanting to work on stuff like that

Can't say I mind. The amount of dicksucking they do for the F-35 belongs in >>>/furry/ at this rate.

We were all nuggests once, user. Now is probably the best time to get into Ace Combat since you have the holy trinity, plus another game coming out soon

I've learned that there's no point even trying to discuss it. You guys are so set on circlejerking your hate for this plane that it's impossible to have a legitimate discussion without a torrent of shitposts. The plane's not dead, it won't die. At this point the worst that can happen to it (if anything actually happens) is the fleet getting cut back like the F-22, and then we'll be stuck with a fleet of outdated planes for at least another decade.

Poor F-35. Too expensive and yet too inferior to bad boys like the F(A)-22 and F-15.

>it isn't
mfw pic(s) related
To think not too long ago it almost felt like a pipe dream

Wew. What fleet? They aren't battle ready.

There's no point trying to discuss it cause whenever it is discussed you come in and treat it like "Teh best plane evur!" and dismiss real rational and legitimate criticism of it. Face it, you're the real insufferable cancer.

Anyway, how's it like being on suicide watch?

The F-35 fleet has nearly (if not already) reached 200 planes. There are currently around the same number of combat-coded F-35s as there are F-22s and once the LRIP-10 batch is completed this year there will be at least 235 combat-coded F-35As being flown by the US and her allies. That's more than the F-22.

That just demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of what the F-35 is meant to do. It's a light multirole fighter, not a dedicated air-superiority fighter. The F-22 and F-15 are fundamentally different planes.

Either way though, there are documented cases of the F-35 easily beating the F-15 during simulated deployments. Can't beat what you can't see in the first place: theaviationist.com/2016/06/27/f-15e-strike-eagles-unable-to-shoot-down-the-f-35s-in-8-dogfights-during-simulated-deployment/

Except most of them AREN'T legitimate criticisms. Shit like "it's costed TAXPAYERS over 1 trillion dollars" aren't legitimate criticisms because they aren't fucking true. I'm all for criticizing the way the program was handled, cause that deserves criticism, but the aircraft itself is a solid combat aircraft.

I don't personally have anything against the F-35.
I wish F-22 production hadn't been halted; there aren't enough of them. We aren't going to be fighting niggers with AKs forever, we need a large fleet of air superiority fighters.
Also, will we ever have another carrier-ready air superiority fighter again?

Odd question, with the announcement of seven, how has Infinity been holding up recently?

You are kind of contradicting yourself in your post when you proceed to compare the F-35 to F-22 and then say it's not important.

You also made a big deal about 200 planes as if it's a big deal for what is meant to be a standard fleet fighter when it's not. 200, out of what? 2,000? The F-35 operational costs are projected between anywhere between $30,000-60,000 per flight hour, which is far too expensive. To put it in perspective a brand new F-16, Gripen and F-18 are between the $5,000-12,000 per flight hour. Now I know the US needs it's inventory replaced badly cause their aircraft are on average 30 years old which does drastically increase the operational costs since the airframes are so old The 30 year old F-16's are now $20,000 per flight hour But trying to replace them with something that's costing more to operate than what they've got already? Not going to happen, not without heavily reducing the size of their airfleet and not by a small amount, you are talking by at least half. That's just the US by the way, that's before you get to the rest of the customers who are stuck with it. The F-35 will not last 10 years before it's replaced, as soon as that airframe starts to get old costs are just going to spiral insanely out of control.

That pretty much is the real reason the F-35 is bad plain and simple, the operational costs are too damned high and any airforce folish enough trying to equip it as a mainstay fighter is just going to cripple their own capabilities.

F-22 production was halted cause like the F-35, it was just far too expensive. The F-22 is around $60,000 per flight hour to operate compared to the F-15E which is below $30,000. F-15C's and D's are around $40,000 per flight hour. It doesn't seem like much of a difference at first till you realize that the F-15C's and D's are over 30 years old and the F-15E's are getting close to 25, when planes get old their operational costs skyrocket. To replace all F-15's in USAF inventory and just to add in all F-16's with F-35's you would need to double the entire budget of the USAF, and then tripple it 10 years down the line. Which would pretty much bankrupt the entire US. At current the USAF is set to lose about half of it's aircraft in the next 10 years without any real replacements, so the USAF will lose about 600 aircraft.

The more I think about it the F-22 and F-35 programs has seemed like a Chinese ploy to severely weaken the overall strength of the armed forces of the US.

Right now I recommend Mednafen, via RetroArch. They've been adding features to it at a rapid pace lately such as OpenGL rendering, Vulkan rendering, and PGXP (polygon stabilization). The guy who did the OpenGL renderer has his own board at >>>/psx/ where you can get in touch with him if needed.

Trump's tweet should surprise absolutely no one. He constantly talked about getting the things the military wants and needs instead of shit they don't. I'm fairly on the fence on the matter, as I've seen plenty of good counter-arguments to the typical criticisms (and misconceptions) but I also know what it looks like when my tax payer dollars are being spent inefficiently.

I tried mednafen in retroarch and while the normal core works fine, the HW (which I'm guessing is the one that renders via hardware and not software) crashes for me before even starting a game. Any idea why? I'm guessing it's not a BIOS problem since the normal version of the core works perfectly and I can even upscale it to 2 times the resolution. I looked online but found nothing, I'm wondering if it's just AMD's crappy openGL support or my 5770 showing its age.

Yeah AMD being AMD, a recent PR got rid of the OGL4 dependencies so you might be able to use it soonish.

(ID change because I'm posting from my phone.)
The "driver" setting in RetroArch needs to match the "renderer" setting in the core:
Driver = "gl" for renderer = "OpenGL"
Driver = "vulkan" for renderer = "Vulkan"

Both of them should be compatible with your card, just make sure you have the latest drivers.

So I'm probably gonna buy a PS4 just so I can play this. I haven't paid attention to current-gen consoles since release. Are there any other gaems worth owning on it?

Bloodborne + DLC
Infamous: Second Son?
Nioh in early 2017

All the other exclusives I can think of are shit.

Thanks, but I can't change the renderer since I can only change options when I have a game running, which I can't do since it crashes instantly. I'll try updating my drivers if I can't find a way to change the settings (I tried changing it in the core_options.cfg file, under bettle_psx_renderer to "opengl" instead of "software" but it still crashed)

Is your "driver" setting in the GENERIC RETROARCH SETTINGS set to "gl"? If it is set to something else it will cause a crash.

Also, absolutely update you drivers, especially if you don't have any from 2016 installed.

Bloodborne
Maybe Infamous: Second Son if that's your bag
Final Fantasy XV, assuming you don't have an Xbone
Yakuza 6, I guess
I heard the new Ratchet & Clank is pretty good

That's all I can think of.

A bunch of trash, and you give fucking Yakuza an "I guess"? God I want to slap you.

At least I suggested a game coming out somewhat soon, user.

Considering gl is default and he couldn't use vulkan even if he wanted to I doubt that's the issue here.

He might have changed it at some point and not known. His card supports Vulkan, as long as he has up to date drivers.

I haven't changed it, I checked both config files and everything's in order. I'm assuming it's a driver issue at this point, might try redownloading retroarch into a new directory to wipe the slate clean if that doesn't work.

Pre-GCN cards don't support vulkan.

Shit you are right, I had a moment of dislexia and thought he had a 7000 series card. On the GitHub simias says that he reduced the dependencies for his OpenGL renderer so I'd think it should work for him, but Vulkan I was definitely wrong about.

PR has been up for a day and the buildbot has been shitting itself for 4, so it's gonna be available through the core downloader whenever the buildbot comes back up.

Cry me a river, nigger.

I thought it was out already.

No it fucking isn't, lesbians are filth who just want men like you and me dead.

Wait. I just remembered.
FUCK, is AC7 gonna get pozzed by the lesbian propagandists of Bamco?

You poor fool.

It clearly worked on you, since you want to give women up to the rapists.

It's lewd 2D drawn to please dudes who don't like seeing dicks, you nutjob.

No, you piece of shit, it's drawn to make men hate their fellow men and give up their women to the lesbians.

If dicks are a problem, then here, allow me to knock you the fuck out: Solo female exists. Point of view exists. Straight with no visible dick exists. So on and so on. Besides, if dicks are so bad, explain why you're a futafag. Thought so, you piece of shit.

My insults need work.

I'm not one.
Anyway, your tinfoil-hat pseudo-political bullshit does not belong in a proper vidya thread. Filtered.

Only in glorious Nippon.

I don't think there will be a problem.

Reiko=Kei
Best threesome.

English dub in AC5 is Okay. AC4 is the Same.

Yep. AC5 is my favorite, but it has it's moments.

Maybe. I consider her to be more of a motherly figure.

TIME TO DROP THE SOLG

This is Ace Combat general, not /a/ or /d/. Take that shit elsewhere.

Me? What shit?

Way to ejaculate buzzwords. Too bad that ain't an argument, kiddo.

also Razgriz is for adventuring with
Well remember to buy used, either way.

Your autistic imagedump that belongs in Holla Forums, for one.

I meant you and the guy you were arguing with.

Sorta Offtopic, but I have a Razgriz Follower in Skyrim, so yeah, I know the adventurin' feeling.

It's like getting pure (You)s straight into my veins.

I ain't the faggot he filtered, I just entered the fucking thread.

Also, Post numbers. Use em.

Wasn't talking about you, retard. Learn to ID.

Good to see that not only (You)fags are attention seekers that want to destroy any possibility of discussion, but they're also yuricucks. Adios you damned fool and all that.

I wonder how long he can go.

I'll learn to ID when you stop being a faggot.

So did you come from halfchan or from plebbit?

It seems we have strayed from the topic of discourse, and entered the realm of ferociously felating each others' cocks.

From this post on, discourse will be restricted to Ace Combat.

wud u a nagase

Good luck.

Neither, you half-dick easy-bake nigger, filtered.

yes. I would.

Hey, I just like bullying people by sucking their dicks without covering my teeth.

Anyway, Su-37 > F22.

You just replied to the guy you filtered, you dip

Like a legitimate Razgriz? Or is she like a valkyrie with black and red?

We get enough discourse over irl F-35s (not even invovled with the games themselves for the most part) and the age old debate of F-22 vs Su-47 as is, so no thank you.
Su-47 is sexier of course

Does anyone have IRL Ace Combat patches?

Oh wait my bad, I suck cocks. I'm for keeping discourse related to strictly Ace Combat rather.

THE 8492ND SQUADRON DOESN'T HOPE YOU GUYS DO THIS!

I have a Belka flask.

I now just realized that. Kill me m8.

It's actually that Randgriz Follower mod, I renamed her to Razgriz because I can't be arsed to pick up the Creation Kit and Familiar Faces doesn't fucking work.

The fuck you on about fool, Grabacr (8492) squadron flies Su-47s.

There's a handegg stadium you might be able to land in, my dude.

I'm sorry, what?

I was making a shitty attempt to combine ISHYGDDT into AC, sorry.

But for real. Su-37 > Su-47, you homogays. Sage for doublepost.

I'm gonna go land in that handegg stadium Chopper-style, now.

;_;7

I still get chills from watching that.

You had one to many cup of noodles to think that game is worth owning.

Yakuza 0, 6, and Kiwami. There is also P5 that'll have the JP audio as a free dlc, but there's a chance that the translations may have been tampered.

Vid related.

Look Buddy, trying to claim the Su-37 is superior to the Su-47 just ain't gonna fly.

I think everyone wishes that F-22 production hadn't been halted. I highly doubt the F-15 will be able to survive properly in a large, modern war (though to be fair that's extremely unlikely). When it comes to carrier-capable air superiority fighters, we were going to get one (F-22N Sea Raptor, see pictures) but it got axed in favor of a larger fleet of F/A-18E/F Super Hornets. We probably won't be seeing a dedicated Naval air superiority fighter for a long time.

I really hope that we'll get to see the Sea Raptor in AC7

I am comparing the F-22 and F-35 as 5th gen fighters, not as competitive fighters. While 200 isn't a big deal for a main fleet fighter, it is a big deal for the F-35. It means that the F-35 is by far the most numerous 5th gen fighter, and for a fighter that has so many naysayers that is a big deal.

As for the cost per flying hour, those numbers are a bit off. According to the DoD, the F-16C/D costs around $25,541 per flying hour to operate and the F-35A costs around $32,554 per flying hour. However, it's predicted that they will have the same yearly operating costs, as the F-35 is expected to fly less than the F-16 does (as it doesn't need to). The US is predicted to see its GDP reach 40 trillion (2.5 times the current GDP) by the time the F-35 is retired, so we are certainly in a position where we can afford them, especially with how much of our budget is dedicated to our military.

Source:
breakingdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/04/F-35-2013-SAR.pdf

DOAX3 is pretty fun if you like ass and titties. It doesn't have as much as previous games but volleyball is fun.

Destiny can be fun if you play it like a MMO.

In the future, we'll be getting HD versions of all the KH games plus KH3 if you're into fun ARPGs.

That thing has too much sodium user.

This too, especially if you need a game to relax too.

What an embarrassing guy.

Didn't want to get (27), yuricuck?

WOULD BOTH OF YOU FAGGOTS JUST FUCK OFF. THIS IS AN ACE COMBAT THREAD.
BOTH OF YOU ARE DEGENERATE FUCKWITS ON OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE SAME FUCKING AUTISTIC SPECTRUM

I want to fly an SR-71 and outrun missiles for fun.

Also, I've heard some reports that VR will be limited to its own set of missions, separate from the main campaign. Not sure how I feel about that.

They've justified more absurd things.

VR is overrated shit anyways. Motion sickness and relies too much on gimmicks.

No. I demand FULL IMMERSION.

you want to shit out your guts doing 20g before burning alive everytime you crash?

I don't get motion sick easily, so yeah. Bring it on.

Explain this so a retard like me can understand it.

the old splash and dash
ask your mom

That's not about fleeing… This seems to be about using the SR-71 as an AGM-69 Tactical Nuclear delivery system?

The AGM-69 was a nuclear-capable air to ground missile carried by the B-52 and B-1B. The range of the missile launched by a B-52 at 200ft is indicated by the black circle, the range of the missile launched by a B-1B at 50k feet is indicated by the blue circle, and the range of the missile launched by a hypothetical S/A-71 flying at mach 3 and 80k feet is indicated by the yellow circle.

Post sources.

Basically this is outlining theoretical battle tactics for nuclear air to ground weapons deployment from a F-12B. My guess is that this was an attempt to keep the program alive as the F-12 was never meant for any kind of air-to-ground combat (the SR-71 wasn't meant for combat at all). It was a dedicated interceptor.

I'm not a Final Fantasy guy. What in the actual fuck am I looking at in that webm?

PA does localization in house. As is the script is also done in english by them since it's the language used by pilots.

See, this is the sort of thinking that Bethesdrones have. You have no way to know that Namco won't invade the development, it's exactly what happened with The Evil Within.

As I said, buy used. Neo-Namco is not to be trusted or paid. I know we're fucking over Project ACES but this is the only thing we can do.

user even fucking infinity had PA localize it. And that thing is tainted by a shit F2P system.

No, I'd like to see many more Ace Combat games in the future thank you very much. In this world of shitty AAA garbage, titles like these will need all the support they can get.

If they're going to be like Ace Combat 4, 5, 0, or even AH Legacy, sure. I'd like to see them too.

If they're going to be like Infinity, 6, or Assault Horizon, or even worse, then it's best to let it end peacefully. It's already going to be on a platform with paid online, and will likely have a ton of DLC, so why exactly does this deserve any kind of support?

Because you clearly haven't been paying attention to the confirmed details in previous threads, like having the same writers, mission designers, and art directors as the holy Trinity.

In famitsu interviews Kono stated that people that like 4/5 will like 7.

So Ace Combat 7 will have no paid DLC?

probably extra planes or VR missions. But that's par for the course for any game now bad as that is, anything story related is a big no.

I'm hype for AC7, bring it baby

Exactly. Some of us still have standards as consumers and aren't willing to make excuses for publishers, though. I'm sure it's difficult to appreciate my contempt for anyone who supports those things, sadly.

Yet you probably bought expansion packs for games before internet connections for games was a thing. And they're just DLC.

WHO GIVES A FUCK, NIGGER?

GO DANCE WITH THE ANGELS.

Cup Noodle (and some other companies' products) are in FFXV. I guess this was an advertisement making fun of how out-of-place it seemed in the game. Except they made it into a legit ad, so it's like post-ironic or something.

Oi, that game was fucking good, even if it was cheesy as balls.

Hey shitfags. Last AC I've played was 3….who have a infopic about the lore to catch up or what game should if play to have a overall?

Read the thread.

If you played a western release of Ace Combat 3, you got a shitty tripped down gimped version. Only the Japanese version is good.

You should at least play Ace Combat 4, and if it doesn't strike your fancy then you can bother with reading lore for the whole thing.

Yes. Expansion packs are just DLC, copy protection is all DRM, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

Ace Combat 6 as a game was good, but buying it is one of my bigger regrets, as I purchased it back in my naive "I just won't buy the DLC so it's okay!" days. It's embarrassing, but I just hadn't figured out that no, you can't even give publishers that inch.

The international version? The JP version is getting a fan translation that's coming out in TWO DAYS so get excited.

Not having the self-control to not buy DLC isn't Namco's fault, dude. That sounds like a personal problem.

Just tested the Xbox 360 flight stick since it arrived.

Ugh, it's probably the fact that you have to use the Xbox 360 controller drivers since no actual drivers exist for it, despite Windows being able to read its ID as "Ace Edge" Good thing I have the PS2 version on the way which has much better drivers.

I hope the other one works out better for you.

Everything is Belka's fault.

long live Belka

You can already do that with most top-tier fighters, you just need to maintain a speed of at least ~2000km/h.

Will we get more of these moments? Please tell me so.

Gravity Rush 1 and 2 seems pretty nice.

two more days until AC3, lads

Gravity Rush isn't for everyone. Realistically, it's probably a 7/10. It's fun but only if you can get into it. If you can't get into it or hate the combat, it's a slog. I really enjoyed the setting, music, and gameplay though. Hoping that Gravity Rush 2 is a 8+/10 since it offers a few more features and improvements.

I also wish you could play the entire game in first person, and in VR because that would be an amazing experience.

Honestly the only things I didn't like about Gravity Rush was how short its story is.

You could say they rushed the story and left us all in a daze. But hopefully we'll finally understand the gravity of the situation with GR2.

Seriously, I can see where they had a grand idea for a game and Sony said "But it's shipping in a month! Wrap it up!" So we got an ending of some kind and no plot threads resolved.

user who was having trouble running the mednafen hardware mode properly, I downloaded the nightly build of retroarch, it worked so I pasted it over my regular folder minus the config files and it works now, sadly the screen looks like this when I up the resolution in opengl and vulkan crashes retroarch (no surprise there). It works fine in software mode though. Any idea of any settings I can use to fix it? It seems to be related to how much I upscale the internal resolution and openGL.

The build of the core is more important than the build of RetroArch. For me on OpenGL the opening cutscene doesn't render correctly but everything in the main menu after that works fine (at 2x internal resolution). On Vulkan everything works flawlessly so it's a shame your card is too old to use that. Anyway, hopefully when the buildbot gets running again, the reduced OpenGL dependencies will be available to you and maybe it will fix it.

Also, I should have mentioned earlier that the easiest way to deal with changing renderer/driver is to change the game first, then change the driver second. So for example you are on gl/OpenGL, you launch the game, you change the renderer to Vulkan, you close the game, you change the driver to vulkan, you close RetroArch, then launch RetroArch and your game. Easier than going through config files.

2x internal resolution works fine for me too, thanks! Now to wait for the translation patch for AC3, I can't wait.

Just so you know, you can use software mode as long as you don't mind interlacing on the menu screens. The regular gameplay is progressive scan. And as long as you have a good enough CPU to keep up performance too, of course.

I never understood how to get the new versions. There's no new official version right?
Anyone mind explaining how to update?

buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Anyone else think it would be cool to have an Ace Combat spinoff that takes place during some Strangereal equivalent of World War 2 and focuses on jet fighters overwhelming older prop fighters? It'd be cool to see older jets like the Me-262, Meteor, and P-80 in an Ace Combat game. Maybe they could tweak the flight model a bit for prop fighters to highlight the contrast in handling (can't make aggressive vertical maneuvers, etc).

It's literally in the OP dude

Not the link. Explaining how. I don't want to los my saves in the process.

Transfer the memory card and save state folders, duh. Did you grow up playing with iToys?

Lad, I've never done this before. It was always fresh install on new PC up until now and, I think understandably, I don't want to mess it up.

i remember the great emulator wars of 2003
when i got molested by a misconfigured install of Visual Boy Advance, it hurt so much. i just wanted to play sonic advance for free

people were captured and sold into slavery by installs of ePSXe with missing plugins

corrupt zSNES installs would pick up children and squeeze them like berries, drinking their filthy juice

Emulators are a lot more chill now. you'll be fine

also we are t minus 5 hours until electrosphere release, get hype

I don't know if I should hype myself up or just wait and experience the full glory. I haven't played 3 before at all, and I only kind of know the gist, so it's going to be fun running through it. Is there any redeeming quality to the non-JP version of 3?

the western version had all of the story cut out - cutscenes, voice acting, mission briefings. they even cut out the wingmen during missions. they even cut some missions entirely. the original JP release came on two discs, the western version just one

reason why is because they couldn't afford to localise any of it, and they thought it wouldn't sell well anyway as PS2 was releasing soon.

Yeah, I knew that–
Okay, irredeemably shit. Thanks!

AC3 has some of the comfiest music I swear

This is what happens when I try playing AC5 using the OpenGL renderer on PCSX2 using an AMD card.

A E S T H E T I C

I played ace combat assault horizon and i want to play all the ace combat games. Can someone tell me if there are remakes or multiplat ver. and which one is the best? (so i don't play the same game twice and get confused)
Also what's the best approach for the story? i always get confused with fake nations and stuff like that. I have the same problem with dinasty warriors games

*assault horizon legacy for 3ds

When will the PCSX2 community fix this. Are they just Nvidia shills.

Honestly, Cross Rumble (Assault Horizon Legacy) is the only remake in the series. As far as I'm aware, the only multiplatform title is Assault Horizon, which you shouldn't play, anyway. Now, 3 was cut down for the western release, so you'll want to wait a few days until the translation of the JP version comes out.

There are none.
The only multiplat is Assault Horizon.
You don't need to do any outside research or view any tie-in media, if that's what you mean. The games are very good at presenting the story.

Fixing shitty AMD drivers is not the PCSX2 devs job.

user, when I try using OpenGL hardware on my AMD card all it does is perform like shit. In order for THAT to happen, your GPU must be faulty.

I play in Software mode anyway, but still.

Nah it works fine outside of that, even threw 8+ hours of LP2 benchmark at it just to be sure.
Although I admit that this rarely (mostly the first time I try to run PCSX2 after a reboot), most of the time it just crashes the drivers outright, sometimes it goes ingame too but crashes at some point later.
Not a temp issues since it does that at fixed points.
Not a PSU issues either since I'm using a totally overkill platinum PSU.

Probably just because I'm using the latest drivers on an older GPU.

Did you try the DX9 or 11 mode? Those run at full speed on my AMD card (but I still play software because it's more accurate and my CPU is fast enough).

Yeah those works (not fullspeed but close enough), I was just mostly dicking around on a build I grabbed trying to see how bad the OGL experience was on AMD hardware, it didn't disappoint.

I still think there is a fault in your GPU, or your drivers got corrupted somehow (multiple overlapping installs instead of clean wipes between can do stuff like that). It should only make it go horribly slow, not horribly corrupted.

Actually I found the problem, that shit will happen regardless if you set blending unit accuracy to none, once you put it on basic it works "fine"

AC3 IS OUT YOU NIGGERS

useatoday.blogspot.com/2016/12/ac3-e-ie-discs-22-h-e-v-e-n-n-d-e-r-t-h.html

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7963279/AC3E IE (v2.0).rar

GET THIS SHIT BEFORE IT GETS DMCA'D

I'll be honest, I never really got the hype behind AC3. What about it makes it notable? It seems like an alright game, but I'm not a fan of the aircraft. As an aerospace engineering student, some of the aircraft designs make me want to tear my hair out. Aircraft designs like the X-49, UI-4054, and XR-900 are all completely impractical designs for the supposed "advanced fighter" role they're supposed to fill. The X-49, for example, uses a tailless joined wing configuration which should make it completely incapable of breaking the sound barrier (let alone mach fucking 4) due to the sheer amount of drag that wing would cause. That's the kind of design you give to a bomber, not a fighter. The XR-900 has the exact same problem. While there have been fighters that had joined wings in real life (Coléoptère, Aerodyne, Lerche), the design was rare and none ever entered production for a good reason. If you want a good fighter, go for a monoplane config.

It's a fictional world where they build giant laser towers and flying fortresses. You carry like 50 missiles at once on every plane. Realism is something they aren't going for.

I get that realism isn't the thing that they're going for, but it's just jarring to me because many of the other fictional designs are solid designs. It just doesn't feel like designs like the Night Raven fit in with that. While designs like the X-02 or Delphinus aren't exactly realistic, they at least look like capable fighter designs. I was shocked to find out that the X-49 was a fighter when I first saw it in Infinity.

There's an ingame technical justification to this, has to do with the colored trail they leave when you see them iirc

MY DICK

Here's a prepatched version. Nigger.

volafile.io/get/VSr8IV5lZBM/Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (Eng IE 2.0).7z

is it dolphin porn?
its dolphin porn isnt it?

Vid related.

Oh baby, Christmas came early.

Fan translations won't get DCMA unless they include the actual game with them, and even in that case a PS1 game is a low priority target.

In Japan there is a 1.0 and a 1.1 version of AC3. Anyone know what the differences between them are, and if the patch will work on both?

I thought the patch only applied to the international version.

user, "International Edition" is the name they have given their fan translation of the two-disc Japanese version. The NA and EU versions are gimped and shitty.

Also I just tested with the 1.1 version of the game, seems to work fine though I did notice a bit of Japanese text on the main menu when you first boot up that maybe didn't get patched over because of the version difference. Everything else seems to be good.

Oh. Sorry. Feel free to bully me.

*bullies*

I keep getting this error
Help a retard out please.

wrong rom. consider suicide.

mega.nz/#!qhgWgaia!8AkoPpWaALmNEe62Ct73V7c98nCOrjhABtFVFXZcFxQ

here's a mega for the prepatched version

Is it just for me the control feel stiff as fuck?
Or is it just emulator shenanigans.

Word of warning you need to correct the .cue in that upload if you're gonna play it in mednafen or similar else it will crash at launch.

volafile.io/get/YRh1ovXD_No/Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (Eng IE 2.0) fixed.7z

mega.nz/#!75IlHJ4a!329ckW93YlGhn9Bye7Q1lHyMNT7N78Cj6jFRbC_MUu4

here's ddls for the prepatched version with fixed CUE files

Not just you, the controls are very stiff compared to other games in the series, at least with that first plane. There are bound to be better planes further into the game.

Ace Combat 6 apparently boots and renders properly on Xenia, however the menus are fucked. The intro plays, but it spazzes out when you reach the main menu.

The intro is in-engine right?
Because it looks like playable status might not be very far away if that's the case.

I don't think so.