I am Setsuna English Vita translated version leaked

Pretty interested in this game as the world is starved of JRPGs. Apparently it's so-so, but whatever, free.
mega:///#!DUkDVBba!UTw94aRyHh2q2qgoASkQB7uhY-cebSUfTqYhWy-p3-U

So, did someone just rip and insert the existing English script from the the PS4 version, or did someone get ahold of some existing English versions for the Vita before Square opted against it?

Ripped and inserted.

With good reason. Worst genre that has ever been.

Cinematic action platformer.

I hope these sorts of hackjobs keep happening. With the recent godawful practice of never bringing the vita version of a anticipated game over to the West in favor of the PS4 one, releases like this will have some demand.

Even really shitty games like Limbo destroy JRPGs. Thats how bad JRPGs are. Easily beaten by even the bargain bin western trash. Sad.

That is never going to happen. Thankfully the genre is dying and won't last much longer. Good riddance.

I have to wonder if it's the publishers making the decision to avoid western Vita releases for certain games (admittedly there's times where the Vita versions handle far worse), or Sony enticing them to do PS4 only out here, as some sort of twisted self-fulfilling prophecy ("we believe the Vita is dead, so we'll do our best to kill off releases for it here").

It's definitely gotta be Sony. It's happened to so many different titles, by different publishers, that it couldn't possibly be anything but.

I just installed it and it caused my vita to crash. Wait for the official release.

But it's shit.

Got a real intellectual heavyweight here.

If so, I'm surprised they haven't tried to push Atlus, XSEED, and other smaller publishers to ignore releasing for the system. I mean, if they are able to convince bigger companies like Namco and Square to avoid it, it seems strange that the smaller ones would have enough sway to ignore that, though I suppose it could be more that companies focusing on niche games need all the sales they can get and aren't so keen to ignore a fraction of the platforms a game they're brining west is on.

Do wish more companies were willing to do physical releases though. Fucking TK.

I always assumed it was a money issue. Perhaps Sony is persuading them to release their titles PS4-only for a set amount of cash. I mean really, realistically, what else could they do?

If this is the case, smaller niche publishers could ignore it and go for their stable guaranteed sales with the established market, whereas faggots who are looking to 'reach a wider audience' like Squeenix and Scamco can take the deal and hope for the best.

Reinstalled it and it works fine. Good job to the translators.

Outright block games from coming over for the system in the first place if the publisher doesn't comply? Sony (SCEA, anyhow) used to have some really fucking stupid rules in place about what was allowed to come over stuff from what I've heard, such as barring particular PSP ports of PS1 games from coming to North America if they didn't have enough changed/new content compared to the original (SCEE seemed more alright with that, and thus PAL got Tales of Eternia PSP and Breath of Fire III PSP, which NA never saw at the time). In particular though, I remember reading that SCEA forced Agetec to cancel their localization of Shadow Tower Abyss when it was near to completion, citing that the graphics were too poor for what they wanted to come west for the PS2, as well as there being "no audience" for those games here. Just strikes me that if it came to it they could choose to just block a particular company from bringing games over for a given system if they found them non-compliant enough with their "Vita is dead, don't bother bringing games over for it" idea.

Yes, of course, but realistically, what could they block these games for? They have English for the dubs-only retards, the graphics are standardly superb, they get rated tamely by the ESRB, they have the complimentary censorship from the usual gaggle of mouth-breather publishers, etc etc. What could it possibly be, besides Sony 'incentivizing' the publishers to release only on the PS4.

I really think they're just trying to strike while the iron is hot on (Western) PS4 sales and capitalize to keep interest and furor up. Nothing else makes sense.

I fucking wish, companies like bamco were too jewish to even bother giving their shovelware an english track, which might explain why most of their vita crap never got a physical release outside of china/europe

Justification of their belief that the system isn't worth bringing stuff over for? I mean, I'm just speculating if there's perhaps another excuse that merely trying to push the PS4. I swear, some companies get a stupid idea in their mind, and then go out of their way to try to create proof to validate the belief. Like, if a company really doesn't like to bring a particular series/type of game west, they may make a cursory effort, horrendously fail to market and/or underprint the game, and then use the resultantly low sales as an excuse for why they shouldn't bother anymore (basically letting them say "well, we tried it before, but…" while not having done their part to let the game succeed).

This must the incomplete version of the patch, it doesn't translate skill names and has a lot of errors.

I have no doubt you've only played the most barebones shovelware shit.

They aren't the ones bringing it over though. The publishers are doing that part. The lion share of Sony's part of the work is just sitting back and allowing things to happen.

I can't see why they would turn down what is essentially free money, other then trying to promote the PS4.

CS:GO and Overwatch though they're both irredeemable crap with retarded community.