Action-adventure games with good combat

Put them in the fucking bag onii-chan, I need them.
Examples:
Darksiders
Kingdom Hearts series
Soulsborne series
Dragon's Dogma

How about Yakuza and Sleeping Dogs?

Does bayonetta, MGR, and DMC count? They are less adventure and more action.

So I guess in order to please you I need to reccomend some shit games. Q-Bert? Just kidding. Q-Bert is good.

Name some good combat then. Otherwise opinion discarded.

Also forgot God of War is supposed to be good, but I've never played it.

get a bit of taste

darksiders is barely good because you can cancel with the crossblade for infinite air attacks but that's about it

There has never been an action-adventure game with good combat.

Toilet bowl tier taste

It's not that great. The enemy variety is nice and they throw a fuckload at you so you learn how to prioritize but the actual combat is boring.

Wew, I'm pretty sure I'm being baited but fine then, name any game with good combat.

God of War is ok but not very changing. Emulate the first one and if you like then you know what to expect because every other game is exactly the same formula. The biggest flaws is its full of QTE's for finishers and its controller breaking a button masher. Seriously just opening a doors or a chest probably takes a mouth off the life of your controller.

You might enjoy this.
Pirate for gods sake

How about God Hand?

The first Devil May Cry is a good balance between action-adventure.

Doom

It was more of a suggestion to OP, I don't have any desire to play it because the creators themselves said they wanted to make a simpler more mashy version of DMC's combat, and I've played MGR, DMC, and Bayonetta so I think I've played the superior games.

Oh yeah, definitely God Hand. Would it be action adventure? I still need to finish emulating it.

what

I never owned a PS2, and tried emulating it but I really need a controller for it. I haven't played more than the first level.

his emulating isn't done yet user

Does KH really have good combat?

After the first few hours when you start getting dashes, long combo streaks and whatnot, yeah. But the first few hours are literal fuck. I never finished KH1 because it starts off terrible

dark souls is not an adventure game, its an action RPG.

in rpg you level up with experience points that are usually dropped from every monster, in an adventure game you "level up" by collecting items that allow you to advance or get something more out of while backtracking.
3d zelda are adventure games because you collect keys, items which really only act like keys, and hearts.
souls only offers this same style of gameplay with like 1 item, the abyss ring.

lmfao

A more suiting term to this specific genre of games is a Zeldoid, or Zelda-like, you get the idea.
Technically it could be an adventure without unlocking anything, and for me that's what Souls games have always been.

Those suck. You're a fag.

Lmfao, this thread just keeps delivering.

Oh boy, because that always goes well on Holla Forums. Either way, I think most people get the gist of what OP wants. inb4 cock

it almost has good combat with its timing system but since the enemy types are shit and its a glorified musou, its combat isn't actually that good at all

ninja gaiden and yakuza have my favorite combat

Absolutely amazing taste.

It's also worth mentioning that it has local co-op.
One of the most underrated games ever.

Your waffling doesn't actually detail why Souls in an ARPG and not an action-adventure game.

Character progression in action-adventure games is typically non-optional and varying choices in it don't have substantial impact on player's progress through the game.
The core of RPGs is that character progression is central to success for the player. It's only part RPG though because the combat interactions and their action mechanics play an also large part in success - that's where the "action" part comes from.

None of those are "action adventures".
Holy fuck.

Then tell us what is an action-adventure game.

Diablo 3.

lol

???
But its true OP is a fag for asking for something as vague as an "action adventure," since theoretically any game that has "action" and "adventure" qualifies.

lel

Not everyone is as bad at the game as you are, the "damage sponges" go down in seconds if you aren't incompetent

This is true. Even ogres

you're a faggotOgres are weak to sleep

DDfags are the funniest.

Purge everything, nothing is worth saving.

Because it's still true.

So it is the same guy every time? Kill yourself

kek

My nig. Still has better combat than Shadow Warrior despite coming out 3 years earlier.

Okay here's a counter argument.

Dragon's Dogma is not Skyrim

DD is worse than Skyrim in every regard, minus the combat.

This has to be one of the worst forced memes I've ever seen on an imageboard.

Notice one thing.

People who say Dragon's Dogma is bad probably played it with keyboard and mouse.

>mfw seamlessly moving from keyboard to controller when playing as an Assassin so I can dodge and aim

Stalker SOC
RPG
I don't hate it. I've played a ton of good games this year and I still have more to get through, and more to look forward to next year. To improve I want games to stop overusing the same tired tropes and ideas and be more creative in general, just like the rest of the thread, for good indies to be rewarded instead of drowned out in an over-saturated market, and to destroy geek and "gamer" culture.
Mommy incest

Yeah. Look for one with component inputs and get some component cables for your ps2. Will look much better. S video is the best you can do with n64 I believe.

That means I get to be a meme now?