This shit is fucking great

This shit is fucking great
Why does nobody talk about it?

Are the sequels even better?

It's older and not very popular.

I've only played the first one and Lunar Knights, clunky controls but they're pretty good

I haven't played any of the games in a long time, but I can at least say they have different focuses when it comes to combat. Boktai 2 drops the Gun Del Sol for most of the game so you can focus on having a bunch of different weapons and melee everything to death, and Boktai 3 tries to balance the gun and melee out by giving you actual Gun Del Sol frames again and making you stick with just swords. 3's probably my favorite of the games.

And then there's Lunar Knights where you can forget about the Django wannabe and use not-Sabata to kill everything.

so much yiff, so little time

In the Japanese version he actually is Sabata, the localization fucktards changed it along with every other explicit reference to the other games.

They're interesting games but Kojima insisting on the light source gimmick fucking KILLED THEM and i mean DESTROYED THEM, in the west.
Nobody liked the gimmick.
Or rather, they liked the gimmick, but they didn't like actually playing using the goddamn gimmick.
The ROMs floating around have manually controlled solar levels, honestly it should've been purely virtual and not tied to real life weather/light condition.
Basically Kojima killed his own series by sticking to a retarded gimmick.

Because it sucks.

Wrong. It just simply sucks.

They actually suck.

You replay old games? Ewwwwww.

Nobody in that picture is sexy.

Japan sucks

They're not interesting. It's just another gimmick that's rightfully forgotten.

Actually one of my favorite series, music is really good in the games too. I have a love/hate relationship with the solar sensor though, it definitely makes the titles stand out but it can get annoying having to go outside/not playing at night :^)

damn dude you're fucking edgy as FUCK

It doesn't emulate very well because of its gimmick, the UV sensor that was a part of the original cartridge. I suppose if you were able to get a UV sensor on your smartphone or something you could relive it, but I don't think those are standard hardware attachments.

I'm currently playing with a fan made patch on 3DS that lets you control how much light it gets
Works flawlessly

Its just not the same experience, is what I'm saying.

I like the games
I HATE the sensor

I got the first two back in the day and used the light sensor for real but I didn't play them after I beat them because of how annoying that was.

sounds about right, it's a shame too. Oh well, at least Konami won't rape it like MGS or Castlevania.

Because this board has become trash in 2 years time.

I'm sure your idea of an optimal handheld experience is sitting at your desk or on your bed inside your room?

I used to play my GBA outside because at the time there was no backlight. Sensor worked great then, and it was basically a way to bring real-world time and weather as a mechanic.

OP is his own problem, he is his own cancer and this boards cancer. I recommend suicide

This. Holla Forums isn't a place to go and talk about games you like anymore. The only opinion you're allowed to have on games here now is dissenting.
Boktai was cash tho, so was lunar knights.

If you're so autistic to think that you can't talk about it in this thread then I don't know how to help you

Yeah I live in the states and if you wanted an easy way to lose all your friends and get beat up you'd play videogames outside.

I wouldn't exactly say that, but for games or series that are now dead and really don't have much hope for revival (which lets face it, chances are it wouldn't be good) and there's no news on them, it makes reason to make threads rather few and far between; even more-so for niche series that Holla Forums may have traditionally liked but have still gone underplayed, even here.

I really liked these games. Not many games try to do some sort of fantasy western setting.
The Metal Gear elements like the flattening against the wall and knocking on walls made for some interesting puzzles.

Also the music is pretty good.

Especially with Kojima gone and Komani with what it is.