So I found my 3DS after a year and turns out it still works...

So I found my 3DS after a year and turns out it still works. I had started SMT: Strange Journey before I lost it and I am totally at lost on how to proceed in the game. Any tips?

Hack your 3ds, but odds are you already updated it.

nah I just know it still works. I haven't touched it since Monday. Too many exams to prepare. Why should I hack it?

You can download games directly from Nintendo's servers for free and there is nothing they can do about it.

Tell me more

They have full online functionality and it's region free. Also, you can patch titties back into censored games.

Alrighty then, I'll try it it as soon as I get home tonight.

Any good games you suggest?

Etrian Odyssey 4, 7th Dragon Code VFD, Gotta Protectors, Hyrule Heroes, Crimson Shroud, Soul Hackers, the Bravely Series if you can deal with the LOOOOOOOPS

I tried it once. It seems difficult How do I git gud?

Learn which skills proc each other and start stacking status buffs, ailments and debuffs.

Funny thing too, I already have Soul Hackers but I didn't go too far in. The SMT games are pretty fun. I hope Atlus starts making them again

SMT 4: Apocalypse doesn't count

I don't even care that it's generic future city of the 90s, that's probably my favorite setting and SMT game. Strange Journey is still really good.

Oh boy, you're in for one hell of a ride OP.

Demons: always register them to benchmark their progress in the compendium. Raising gets progressively harder, the higher the base level of the demon. Only neglect to register a demon IF you screwed up and have one with a skill you don't want.

Compendium prices to re-summon (a) demon(s) are the fairest in SJ (compared to SMT on the whole) IMO, so don't be afraid to fuse. Use what you like and recruit often for fusion fodder. Gotta fuse 'em all.

Forma: scan 'em and bring 'em into the lab ASAP. You only need them in your possession to "develop" any given item. The item does not need to be purchased to be "developed". This is important if you're going for 100%.

Certain forma can only be found on certain floors of different areas. I learned this the hard way after driving myself crazy looking for one towards the endgame.

Equipment: less important in SMT than you might think, but still a strong factor in how you fare in battle. Common sense, just upgrade whenever needed and sell old equipment if necessary. Buffs and debuffs matter waaay more.

If you get stuck in an area, don't be afraid to use the maps on GameFAQs (fusion chart there is bretty useful too). There's a difference between difficulty and being cheap. Most boss weaknesses are easy enough to figure out on your own.

Alignment choices are also pretty black-and-white. Certain quests are alignment-exclusive, and the game can't be 100%'d without at least 3 successive playthroughs on the same file. If you want to change your alignment for whatever reason before the end of the game, you'll have to do so before entering the final area. There's a trick you can do to accomplish this.

Have fun.

t. sperg who 100%'d SJ last month

More like certain quests are fucking impossible. I swear these Japs are fucking with the player

I hope we get a SMT game now that we have the demo models in 3d in Persona 5

Why?
The MC looks edgy, but the game improves IV´s flaws.
I just started it, and Im having fun.

fuse your fucking demons
that's it, you'll go far

What quests are you having trouble with.

Don't grind with demons in your party. Instead, grind with MC only to raise his level quicker (the XP gets split otherwise) in order to fuse higher level demons. This only really matters later on, there is a huge leap in difficulty on the neutral path.
You shouldn't keep the same demons forever, try to fuse something better. It's not your typical JRPG.
Talk to every new demon you see to gain maximum fusion fodder. Some of the better late-game demons can only be fused using demons that are exclusive to fusions and alignment-locked quests.
There is an exploit before the final area that you can choose to change your alignment. Also, a dialogue right before the final area also decides what ending you will have, so make a spare save then and there.
Always try to keep your party full of demons of your alignment. Trust me.
Have fun fucker, and remember to buff/debuff every boss battle. Matters more than in persona, pokemon, etc. for reference.

I got an R4 for the DS Lite and actually stopped playing games on it. I had the choice of everything, and that choice led to choice stasis. Spock said it best. It's actually better to buy one or two games a year that you know you will play the shit out of.

My advice to you OP is when you are fusing demons, always try to get a demon source too to add extra abilities to the fusion. When you see that you have a crap set of abilities you dont want, you could back out and go back in to see the abilities in a different order or set. Rearrange them to your liking for the most kickass demons OP.

And also if you are fighting against tough opponents, have demons in the same alignment as you. Their names will be the same color as yours If you manage to find the enemies weakness and hit them with it you will perform a combination attack that does a shitton of damage. Later on in the game i managed to absolutely RAPE bosses by first debuffing them, buffing my party, then spamming their weakness at them.

Jimenez did nothing wrong

What?

Author was the hero we needed but didn't deserve.

**Human Jimemez did nothing wrong, his Demon form was just another demon*

It totally shits the bed at the end.

Really? I played a shitload of games on mine. Hacked my 3DS and I've played all the new Phoenix Wright games and got Pokemon before the initial release. I'm also running through Super Mystery Dungeon and going to play Persona Q and possibly Dragon Quest and Etrian Odyssey. And there's Etrian Mystery Dungeon, and I can do another run of Tales of the Abyss on 3DS instead of PS2. And now I can also try Ace Combat Cross Rumble+ and see what's different from the original.

You only succumb to Buridan's Ass if you're weak.

Q is better than 3 and 4
Zen did nothing wrong
Rei is shit thought

It's not hard to be better than 4, but 3 at least has interesting side characters. I'm more concerned with what every one else has said: the characters are flanderized to fuck.

Does someone have that Commander Gore image where he says "Failure as a human"?

It's good, but it takes a dive after sector 5. Still worth a playthrough but the final sector was disappointing.

The dungeons are far better. THat is all that I care. Plus, it is retarded fanservise

PQ is just a worse EO. I don't know why anyone would bother when there are already 3 EO games on the 3DS.

That's stating the obvious.
Anything is better than P3 and P4.

OP here, I meant 3D models of the demons in persona 5

It's a comedy game.

2 Untold is a DLC fest along with the cancerous story-mode, although to be fair PQ has DLC too..

I foresee Switch Megami Tensei coming soon. Probably by the end of 2017 if they're aiming for a 30th anniversary release.

PQ dlc is just voice packs and both Untold are absolute shit and it has important thing behind dlc. EO4 is pretty good though.

Well out of the EO games only 2 Untold and 5 have DLC. 5 doesn't have classes, areas and bosses locked behind a paywall though.

I forgot about 5. You are right, I haven't really touched that one. I know that 5's dlc is music and cosmetics

It has uber-personae as well.

HAHAHAHAPHAHA
how fucking bad are you?

build up exe on his shield and time your ultimates when it ruptures
ur bad lol

No, the 1070 is overkill for 1080p/60fps.