Welp, after 95 hours i beat FFXV, doing literally everything, maxing everything, getting every recipe...

Welp, after 95 hours i beat FFXV, doing literally everything, maxing everything, getting every recipe, item and maxing the AP grid before doing so and just have the post game dungeons now.

It wasn't bad. But jesus christ is there not enough of it.

You wander through the first half, which honestly could be done in maybe 4 hours and it feels like 'watch kingsglaive' can solve most issues. Then you get to 9 onwards where it railroads you into a massive storydump that only opens up more questions. A plague is turning the empires people into demons who produce a smog that blacks out the sky. The empire steals the crystal but dont get it back in time and by the time you get there the city has been long dead and infested with demons. Then you find out Ardyn is your ancient ancestor who stopped a demon plague before and it made him immortal and he was outcast and became kefka. so killing yourself kills him and clears the smog restoring the light to the world and the demon plague is again undone. Thats the plot all of a sudden. From "going to get waifu in political situation that escalates to war" it becomes a somewhat clever "you never saw big bads because most were already dead and the empire is wiped out by chapter 3 and you dont find out till chapter 13" hook.

But this means Luna barely shows up only to die, her brother is in like 3 scenes and becomes a corrupted demon in a random asspull worthy of chris metzen and the rest of the cast including "demon hunter iris" spent ten years while noctis slept fighting demons in a world now perma night with only two settlements left with light and power protecting them. Why didn't we see this? it looked rad as fuck from what little you see and god it leaves you wanting more.

Personally i believe the rumours it had no gameplay till 2013 and was a rush job. Its not a bad game but i imagine a lot of scenes were not finished and will be season pass content.
Which is a shame because there are genuinely good ideas here in a world i wanted to know more about. Its a solid 7/10 better than 13 but worse than the best stuff in the series. I just feel like some of the best events were missed while Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatelo and Raphael went on their boyband adventure.

Anyone else finished it and know what i mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tGcFn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody cares

Those DLC campaigns will be coming out soon goy. 1 for each of Noctis' fag bros.

I dont think greed is why, greedy opprtunism will see that after the fact but i dont think it was intentionally cut, i think they scrapped it mid development to restart on ps4, couldnt finish in the fiscal year and were told "put out what you can, make the rest later" which means if you could not get the season pass, or simply dont have a way to download even the free updates because lets be real some people wont have wifi and a console far away from their router and that means it remains absent.

I really hope theres some big thing set in the world of ruin down the line, hell i wouldn't be surprised to see a XV-2 about it, but it just feels missing.

It sounds like there's plenty, it's just fucking trash. I spent 100+ hours on Star Ocean 2, but that was a good game. Sage for shitty blogpost and shitty game.

I'm serious, they've already been announced. Look up "Episode Prompto/Ignis/Gladiolus."

I also saw some gamerrr gurlll bragging about getting plat like a week after release. I'm debating even picking this up when it's in the bargain bin if it's that easy to see everything. I could NEET it up and be totally done without a guide in under a week from the sound of it.

Congrats, your reward are autism and AIDS.

No i didn't play dragon age, this has human women in it.

Really makes you think

I beat the main story in 30 hours and can't seem to find any motivation to complete the remaining side quests. I tried to do the level 45 Regalia quest for Cindy but I couldn't find the headlights in the sewers and the snake at the bottom just rapes me.

There's a good game in here somewhere. But the mood whiplash, the sudden railroading and the inconsistent combat makes it hard to find.

The only time in the game I felt the combat WORKED was the fight against Aranea. It comes closest to working when you're fighting single enemies and just falls apart completely against more than two. Chapter 13 being just a series of empty hallways was unforgivable (though I've heard they're pushing an update to completely redo it.)

By the end, while I enjoyed what I played, I feel like I missed maybe 20% of the story.

What do you think is a fair price to pay for it?

It's mostly in travel time, not 95 hours of doing anything. It isn't that bad because it gives brevity to the game, but when you play it feels like it needs more content or was intended to be the first 1/3 of a game. Like the old era games it feels like insert disk 2 should pop up.

The snake isn't the boss, theres something worse.

probably 15 or 20.

MGSV all over again
gameplay >>>>> narrative
not enough content overall

Pretty much.

Has Square confirmed that they will be using the XV battle system for the VII remake?
All the content needed is already written and established, so they wont need to worry about coming up with enough shit.
I really didn't like how every town was a pit stop.
And Lestallum is a degenerate libcuck hellhole.

No 7 remake has a new ATB where it fills up and you spend it to do moves. Like melee takes a little but summon takes it all.

Isn't the first half the open world part? Please don't tell me it's that short. At this point though I'm not shocked by the mixed reception because it's been in development hell for 10 years.

the open world was like 65 hours of that. Chapter 9 sends you on a boat to a giant not-italy city then 10-12 is a trainride with stops before neo midger and Insomnia for the finale.

You know what pisses me off about Altissia?
like 75% of it, including the land masses, are unexplorable.
You get a few fucking gondola trips through selected city blocks and that's it.
oh, and a fucking monster battle arena.
THAT'S IT.
most of it on the world map is still greyed out, but I can't get to it.
Why, Square?

I was more annoyed that assholes keep yelling about Gondolas and i keep thinking of the fucking spurdo offshot.

Wait for the pc port next year, every gondola man will be a gondolaman, Ramuh will be a giant loli and noctis will be big boss.

Well i just got the flying car, fuck this is pretty cool.

I wish the combat was more DmC like. O as the only combat button got boring after awhile.

I beat the story and never got the flying car. How please

You never get an airship? Can you take it to altissia?

I'd rather just turn Prompto into Zell

I was heading to the desert to kill the second Zu and on the way another fortress ship landed, went in to clear the fortress, two mecha bosses spawned and i got parts to give to cindys delicious tanned booty to make the batmobile regalia.

aw shit what level is that quest

55 i think.

Also it gives infinite fuel and unlocks the secret dungeon.

it wasnt the magitek core was it? I sold that

this is starting to sound like FF7 "bring aeris back" shitposting

FUCK I finished the game sub 50

Nigga every FF has a secret dungeon.

Fuck, I haven't even done all the regular dungeons.
I still have 3 more tombs to find.

Provided that Square gets none of that money.

what outpost were you closest to when the mobile fortress came down?

top of desert by keytarch ruins.

That already happened but it was a level 45 quest and I already cleared it.
didn't get any parts.
just a magitek core which was in the vendor trash/treasure.

Did you fight waves culminating in two bosses with dialogue?

Loqi came back

Ignis said 'the two empire generals' before the fight.

I can't buy 80$ games anymore knowing they have single passes as well. I haven't bought anything like that in a few years now. I didn't even upgrade my video card. I'm sick and tired or the nickle and diming. I'm thrilled to hear companies like Ubisoft having employees recently state how shit the season pass model is working out for them. They'll still find other ways but dammit this season pass stuff really raped gaming and it might not be reversible.

Just about nobody has the season pass.
It would just be dumb for content that hasn't even been hinted at yet.

Sell me the complete product or there will be no sale at all.

some free, some season pass but the updates ive seen include:

Basically they want people playing this for a long time like hitman, only its weebshit this time.

But i cringe thinking of the co-op because you know /cuteboys/ will show up to cyber as prompto and his "daddy" gladiolus who cucked Cindy from him.

I figured it out.
I have to get to chapter 15 before I can give the parts to cindy.
I did get them though.
It is the "strange engine"
and it is a reward for a quest so there's no way anyone who's done it can miss it.
all's good.

wew.

Okay then

Trying to generate hype? Too bad, post more Cup Noodles, shill.

>>>Holla Forums

Star Ocean 2 was shit and you only liked it for the creepy lesbian.

Don't get intimidated, leftypol.

As I understand it takes 13 hours to do everything in first chapter, and you don't get to understand everything unless you watch the chinese children cartoon show and movie

It's true, I watched Kingsglaive after playing the game and I understood the story better.

It just left a really bad taste in my mouth to have to consume other media while the game itself should be self-contained.

Yeah, not sure what they were thinking. As far as I know it cost a shitload to make so it needs to sell well outside of japan too.

Then again guess they could just pay professional reviewers and sell lots of copies the first few weeks before word of mouth gets out.

Is the FF story still yafshit?

Could just crafted Level 96/99 Expericast, eaten exp Bonus food at Altissa and then slept., You basically go from 70-99 with like 10 Casts if you have the Moogle Accessoary.

The game REALLY could have used the "Sleep Deprivation" and "Starvation" debuffs they were talking about before release since once you hit level 10 food buffs are basically useless aside from Mother and Child Eggs (Due drop rate+) which makes camping subsequently useless (Even without it you get enough Elemental energy to use magic when it counts)

Meaning you just goo for like 7 days in a row and then sleep at Galdin/Altissa.

And Daemons and Imperials are so fucking slow you can basically just outrun them with such ease it is silly, meaning the "bad" thing about the night is just that you "pals" whine about it and that you don't get the scenery, you still see treasure spots and enemies easily, it is literally just the scenery.

I enjoyed the game but I wouldn't recommend it to FF, or even JRPG lovers in general. Not even if they like Tales combat. It's just clunky all around.

The game overall made me really excited for Zodiac Age though.

I think Square Enix could have at least tripled their sales if they would have released it on pc with mod support, since it's more or less an open world game. The whole game looks so damn fixable, it's a shame really.

They spent more money on making Kingsglaive, the Brotherhood anime, the marketing, than on the game itself.

All the game needed was a little more effort and money. Kingsglaive stole a chunk of the story and budget from the game. And then there were other parts that were just left out entirely (such as Luna's death and Ignis losing his eyesight) presumably because they ran out of time. And it shows during the final chapters. They become literally linear after Chapter 10.

There was wasted and untapped potential everywhere.

But it's not trying to be Souls Gaiden, it's inspirations combine to make it something different, Nioh. Have you played it?

It's a pretty solid game in my opinion. I'm starting my second run of the game since I fucked up the first one because of how I distributed APs. Anywho, they're coming out with a bunch of DLC and expansions for it.

B-b-bump

Nah you're about right there bud. Really great mechanics inside of a flat narrative and uninspired environmental design. Kind of hard to go from Human Revolution's globe trotting adventure to A Day In The Life Of Adam Jensen: Moody Cyber Cop.

magic is completely broken, just use whatever you want

I cry thinking it would never happen, sony has the monopoly on the weeaboo shit that I like

damn i'm so excited for a ps2 game !

He is neither

Don't forget
Randy should be forcibly removed from his position so someone competent can take his place

Claiming A1

What? No

play Silent Hill 3

Patagod must live so he can replay the game and save everyone some other way

Mario Kart DS is the best, but this is second

if MK8 Switch Boogaloo pans out with an actual good battle mode and some additional not-shit characters it could be first

it used to be.

What the fuck is with these bots?

No. The Battle Mode is absolute trash and automatically disqualifies it from that position.

See no reply because he doesn't have any card and is probably just shitposting

Gear is quite expensive.

I bought 9 physical games since October and don't have to give a fuck about Denuvo anymore.
Not a single one from Nintendo.

it's just a way to artificially drag out the garbage gameplay and hook retards into playing longer

They are too busy fucking each other in the butt to enjoy the rich cup noodles flavor.

Which is the best FFXV girl?

I would say Cindy but I ended up choosing Gentiana

This looks like a poor mans star citizen

Made it to act 2 and then I built my new rig, didn't transfer the files
Honestly it was a pretty charming game. Apart from the story being so predictable it became unpredictable

I also fucked up badly by playing Ranger

Iris is the real winner

Good choice. Iris is a qt.
But my dick got diamond hard when Gentiana turned into Shiva

OP IS A FAGGOT

Because its just a shitty tablet

no, but thank you for confirming the mediocrity a bulk of us already knew was coming

Question!

Can you ride the trains in this game whenever you want?

I'm guessing no one has really played this game.

So it's basically the MGSV of FF.

what is this picture implying? where is dewey?

Not really. This game is genuinely bad at some points, like towards the end where you lose all your weapons, then have to use some shitty ring to kill enemies, and a hallway where you have to play hide and seek with some of the most rudimentary and forced stealth mechanics you'll ever see in a game. That particular segment drags on far too long, much more so than most dungeons you'll visit. It's really fucking jarring.

More importantly, the combat is extremely casual, and there's not enough room for self-imposed challenges. Even if you ignore the easily exploitable healing/revival system in this game, you'll still be faced with bad hitboxes, poor AI from enemies or allies (which you have very little control over), simplistic controls that lack precision, and so on and so forth.

I just can't wait for some critique videos to roll in, and so far I only know of one youtuber that's planning it. FFXV essentially represents everything that's wrong with modern gaming as a whole, so it surprises me to see people here going so easy on this game. I expected everyone to mercilessly shit on it because of the innumerous flaws.

Sullivan probably wasn't able to make it, either that or he didn't care. He stopped acting around 2010, he's hard to track down now.

But dude its got a flying cart and it was most definetly worth the wait!

Ugh… these days you could grab most JRPGs and put Final Fantasy on the title and it wouldn't change anything.

I knew dewey was redpilled

this is actually the first somewhat positive thread I've seen for FFXV on this board.

No. The trains are on another continent, in the railroad-y (heh) half of the story.

Personally I liked the game as a whole, but I definitely agree the last several chapters need a lot of polishing up. Leviathan stops showing up at all after the relevant cutscene before Tenebrae. Gentiana secretly being Shiva I really liked, that caught me off guard and gave a reason for the weird mystical voice-of-the-gods character to be there. Luna I couldn't care about at all because she shows up just to die. Chapter 13's stealth wasn't as bad as some will make it out to be, but definitely went on for two or three times longer than it needed to. (I might also not have the most valid opinion on the stealth, since I was level 75 at the point I went into the final railroad segment.)

In a lot of cases I can see what emotions the dev team were going for, but they went off the mark or went anti-fun to make that happen. Removing your allies and weapons is a good way to show the player how reliant they are on them for help, but it's just tedious after the first fifteen minutes or so. The time skip to the shitty world is a good way to add a lot of gravity to the situation, but it feels contrived that everyone just waits around in an eternal night scenario for the prince to show up before heading over to take on the big bad, with no real attempts in ten years to try and put up new lights, push back the dark, et cetera. The Hunters have some documentation in Hammerhead that shows they managed to figure out the cause, but that's it. It's just a big dramatic change for the sake of one final fight.

That said, I did think the ending was pretty good. It relies very, very heavily on how much attachment you feel to your friends to really carry its weight, but if there's one thing the game definitely did right, it's making the main four characters likable. I just wish I could have seen more of the world actually getting rebuilt by the remaining three.

A razor blade would be quicker, and less painful.

Lame as fuck. I expect at LEAST 20 hours per year of development. They could have at least thrown in some quick time-waste dungeons or something. Christ.

someone gave me FF XIII (the one with the pink hair girl)on steam, should i play it ?

never played FF before

Reminder that all kind of shit was cut thanks to our always friend:

FEMINISM

archive.is/tGcFn

Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.

/commiepol/ has no identity without Holla Forums

how many years of dev time did they have?

why live

You know squeenix is in financial danger when they opened up the FF7 remake. FF15 is likely the cause.

Given enough time even the most retarded people get tired of JRPG tripe.

It happens when you make nothing but garbage for two decades.

kek