I've been meaning to get into light gun games for some time now...

I've been meaning to get into light gun games for some time now, but my experience with them is very limited; I only played Silent Scope abroad many years ago, and that probably doesn't even qualify as one.

What are the must-plays? Which guns and systems are recommended? Any new things on the horizon, what with all the peripherals kickstarted recently. The most recent high-profile game seems to be Time Crisis 5, is a port likely. and if yes on which platform?
And preferably LCD-compatibly guns, I just don't have the space for a CRT in my room currently.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUeihTw8ijY&ab_channel=IGN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope. These games were developed for CRTs. Until you get one you're stuck with games made only in the last 10 years.

I hate how CRT lightgun games flash. Is there no motion control mouse or something I can buy for LCD?

mouse? you don't want a light gun?

Your only option is a wiimote, and it's slow as fuck compared to an actual light gun.

I made further research, and it seems the best "recent" options for the PC are the Ultimarc Aimtrak and the EMS Topgun III (both several years old). Anybody have experience with either?

Also, how is the PS3 as a light gun platform? As I discovered it got quite a few of these games, but I don't know how they are rated by experts.

PsMove?
Worse than wii.
It's slow like wiimote, but it also is stupid innacurate.
With PS Move, you will calibrate the aim and then when you start to play every movement you make will mismeasure until the aim is completely out of whack.

I actually like wii, honestly. As long as you stay in one spot, the calibration stays true, and I don't think it's too slow. I enjoy playing HOTD and Ghost Squad on wii.

wasnt there also a guncon 3 for the ps3? though it looks very imbalanced at first glance with that hand grip in the front.

you chose a bad time to get into light gun games.

if you don't want to invest into a new tv and hardware your best bet will be a wiimote or mouse on a emulator

if you want more "authentic" experience Time Crisis games are perfectly playable with a pad due to cover mechanic. or you know go to a real arcade

Yes, but I've never used it.

Going to take the occasion to shill that one PC only lightgun game nobody knows about.

what the fuck are you saying? don't speak in absolutes when you don't know shit. there are lightguns for LCD screens. AimTrak is just one of them. Weirdly enough there are almost as many different lightguns for PC that there flight sticks and racing wheels.

I played the Resident Evil ones on the Wii with my younger sister and we had tons of fun. The game looks surprisingly good and has some difficulty/teamwork to it.

what else is there aside from aimtrak and topgun for PC? ideally something with win10 compatibility

… isn't there anyone here using a light gun on a PC? h-help

YEAH, AND WE ALL HAVE OUR PC'S HOOKED UP TO OUR LIVING ROOM TV'S TOO.

THINK WITH THE BIG HEAD.
Nobody keeps their PC in a lightgun-worthy setup.

I want to setup that for Overkill.

The House of the Dead for Wii and Carnevil emulated the the only games you need in the whole genre. Carnevil is honeslty incredible.

wasnt the latter game ripped off recently?

I'm thinking of this: youtube.com/watch?v=NUeihTw8ijY&ab_channel=IGN

CarnEvil is the best lightgun game ever made. It's my dream to own a cabinet for it.

That looks nothing like Carnevil

THats probably the only game I would ever buy a cabinet for.

I love my dad.

You lucky nigger

before this thread dies, I'all ask one last question. should I "pull the trigger" (… heh) on this offer: play-asia.com/ems-topgun-iii/13/704e7s

I actually do still own an original Xbox in case it won't work with win10, but then I have no clue about how many light gun games are even available for the platform. the aimtrak gun is probably less of a hassle, but I also read it's not as accurate as this one, and it needs also some kind of extra "rumble pack" or something for recoil.

I never played dogma, but i felt its similar to Monster huhnter games

For all we know the DLC will make more of the map explorable, so we will have to wait and see

Just make an RPG again.

Breton
Morrowind
Shivering Isles

never fails.

Xbox has a better frame rate.

Give her this one and just make it a bit shorter for mobility It would also fit well with Gentiana's outfit if she's a party member in her DLC.

Nah you're about right there bud. Really great mechanics inside of a flat narrative and uninspired environmental design. Kind of hard to go from Human Revolution's globe trotting adventure to A Day In The Life Of Adam Jensen: Moody Cyber Cop.

Holy shit, he looks a lot more retarded than I remember.

swept back gray hair and beard

Holy shit, he looks a lot more retarded than I remember.