Star Wars Galaxies

Lets play some SWG again, only not on SWGEMUs basilisk this time.
This is DoktorImp/slab'bulkhead from our previous go at SWG from almost a year ago.

""Features""
SWG project pheonix has the second highest population aside from SWGEMU and currently has jedi implemented.
Its keeping pre-CU combat but is adding post NGE cosmetics, weapons and vehicles+housing from the TCG including a planned mechanic class to make said cool vehicles and mounts.
Server population is steadily increasing to nearly 500 and the server is only started a few months ago. Lower pop means the admins have augmented the game for such by making player cities not need 10 players (I think) to maintain and buff terminals are around if you cant find a doctor which cleanse your wounds and diseases for free and for 10k credits will give you a mediocre buff (so doctors are still useful) to help you take on the world.

""Grind""
you earn experience at a much higher rate than vanilla SWGEMU, you faggots who are no longer blessed with NEETdom can fit grinding a skill to mastery or even getting to jedi within your work week. the only thing that remains x1 to my knowledge is the jedi grind.

To become a jedi you have to master almost every profession in the game, visit most of the galaxies Points of interest and finish some content. You will also become hunted by player Bounty Hunters and if you die you will loose a nice chunk of jedi EXP. meaning not everyone is running around as a super-jew with a plasma-bat.

PVP is a good time and if you can drop one of the jedi here the bounties ive seen have been up to 500 thousand credits a head.

""PVE content""
Project Pheonix has occasional admin events and numerous bosses who drop loot from both pre-CU and post NGE, the corellian corvette instance has been implemented as well.

"Misc info""
Server has decent admins from what i've seen so long as you don't go full 14/88 and the server even has its own autistic fuck that everyone enjoys picking on.
Server uptime has been better lately, hosted on east coast I believe but shouldn't be a problem for any burgers.
Every house can be built on any planet including that which you cannot build on in vanilla like Yavin IV

""Install and Login""
website is here, be sure to register, your login info for project pheonixes site will be what you use to login once you launch.
projectphoenix.com.shivtr.com/
SWGEMU launcher here
swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=179-Install-SWGEmu
Since the install video and instructions on the site are braindead retarded let me give you the easy way.
Own a legit disk copy or find a torrent of the full disk set, as with SWGEMU from last time don't admit to piracy it could bring legal trouble from the disney jew. this is the reason the SWGEMU site claims you cant use torrented versions, which work fine.

Install SWGEMUs launcher and install it into your SWG directory, run a check, then install the launcher on the project pheonix website and direct it to check your SWG folder, once the pheonix launcher finishes installing you are good to go.

if you decide to join send a /tell to "Top Kex", but you can /tell or send mail using simply "Top"
we can make our guild tag DOSE like last time. Ive also asked the admins if they can spawn a crashed ship for "my community which may be joining the server" so if that gets approved our town name will be something like "Wreckage Brothers Rest"

and yes our town will actually have a shuttleport this time. :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/r/HF33Go
mediafire.com/folder/camsksac4osia/SWG_CD
3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?q=tool cart&backendClass=entity
swgawakening.com/portal.php
stats.revelationonline.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember these threads, do you guy have other players in the group or is it only a few of you?

our original group had nearly 20 people if I recall, If we can get more people onboard it will be a great time.
server is so young we could actually make an impact on the server economy.
Also you can play as a hutt, I have a hutt alt named goldbergestein.

So how along are the Pre-CU professions, I remember starting up SWGEMU and realizing that Creature Handler was still mostly not working then quitting out of frustration. Also glad they are adding NGE items and such, adds more variety.

Can I play as a Dungeon♂Master and spawn minions named the Boys♂Next♂Door?

professions in this server are reworked, also the singing mountain clan race plus a +25 Creature level tape will allow you to tame baby canyon krayt dragons. creature handler seems to work just fine.

I was mostly pissed the guard function didn't work, if something just targeted me the pet would just sit there like a dumb fuck. So to use a pet it was just one more step of micro I didn't want to deal with.

There's too much timesink going on right now.

Any good torrents? The less legwork you have anons do the more might show up.

(((thepiratebay))) has one since kickass is dead now.

I can throw the game discs on vola, unless someone wants to dig up a magnet link.

dew it

Ill be online for another hour or two yet so if any of you get in, do send me a message.

joinan soon

It'll probably be on vola in about half an hour because comcast a shit.
volafile.io/r/HF33Go

jtl when

GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER GAY NIGGER

that doesn't look like the TIE bomber at all.

dear God, somebody out there actually likes the idea of riding in a perilously slow and unshielded coffin

Whats the name going to be?

SWG (Original Discs+LPE)
About 15 more minutes.

You're a pretty cool guy user

feeling that X1 exp Jedi Grind

Oh fuck, we're back? I still have it installed and am still sitting at High Ground.

ow the edge

Still Sanic-

BEST KORELLIA

Also CDs for if anyone needs.
mediafire.com/folder/camsksac4osia/SWG_CD

Anyone on?

I'm currently on for a bit less than an hour before work, send a message to Top.

Will do when the fucking thing gets done checking.

downloading. Ill send a message after I jump through the hoops

I have returned from wageslavery so tonight I can get everyone situated

one minutes until the torrent finishes. Whats the highest pop you seen since you been playing, and is this a newish server?

server started on only about three or four months ago, highest population being about 300, you see a message each time someone joins the server as a new character and ive been seeing several a day, server pop steadily climbing.

Question. Do people look fondly upon the launch version of SWG? Because that's the only one I played and
GOD DAMN
It was a terrible game.

I only played the trail of this a few years back.

So is space combat in yet? Can you pilot AT-ATs/AT-STs? I remember someone talking about "Jedi ghosts" in a thread a while back. Is it possible o become one?

space combat is up on a single NGE server at the moment, basilisk devs and the PRE-CU branched servers are still a ways off, but jedi is trickling out into most of them, I think basi devs might hone in on JTL or atleast the groundwork for it once the jedi publish and fixes are out.

Getting it set up now and should log on soon. I don't know if your still on though

Help

What do female characters wear if you unequip their clothes?

I used my username and password for my login but it didn't seem to werk. Something about automatic registration disabled?

oh wait, maybe I need their custom launcher.

once you install the pheonix client into your SWG/SWGEMU install you need to launch it via the pheonix launcher.

That was it, I just pointed it to my STWEmu folder and its getting the shit it needs

So how alive is the server then?
Can I be a smuggler/drug pusher?

bumping for weekend fun.
Also yes you can be a smuggler. you can convert credits into favor with imps/rebs hack open locked containers, slice terminals for better mission payouts, slice armor and weapons for effectiveness and create a dozen or so different spices and drugs.

made a neuron emit an electronic pulse

I remember playing some of this game and liking it

Except

It was one of the few mmorpgs I actually started to like playing but I got so bored of it really fast. It's a shame since I did really like playing as a travelling musician playing music for other players but the shitty combat system really made me lose interest fast.

make a sketchup model
3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?q=tool cart&backendClass=entity

i simply cannot get phoenix to fucking work, and am reasonably sure i'm not retarded. i had a working install of swgemu, have installed phoenix, and no matter how i arrange my files, which resolution I run at or whether or not it's set to windowed mode i always get a "SWGclient_r has stopped working" error

It runs 30 but the frame timings are really off. Thats why it doesnt feel silky smooth

yeah thats a good point, that they're now looking to get the mo-cap and voice actors involved gives me a lot of hope. and well, there's no harm in me experiencing the game as it is now, and then looking forward down the line to playing with all the changes again.

SE and Tabata made it clear they intend to make this a game that fans can enjoy for a long while, so it's great to see they're still going to develop things for it.

3/4 of the posts in the thread are people correcting my analogy. Sorry op, you're thread sucks, I got all the (you)s. I'm 8 btw :D

Controls and camera are of their time, and even then II had much worse camera issues in its closing levels. The charm of the game is timeless, though.

so what? are you butthurt because someone called you a retard for being stupid? what are you even trying to prove? that you are retarded and proud about it?

See but nonlinear parts aren't that great either there's literally TWO cities in the entire game you get to go to and everything else is a little outpost on the side of the road. Every side quest is a fetch quest. The overworld itself is neat but traversing it is a pain.

This suffered from a lot of the same problems MGSV did for me in that it didn't do anything to warrant having an open world and it feels like it could have been broken down into more focused and detailed segments to create a better game.

have you tried using the SWGEMU launchers CHECK button on your pheonix install? something might be awry

You can drop and change classes at will (though you have to grind xp again when you do). so it is not a huge deal, especially for the first tier professions

i played years as a tkm/master rifleman and it was pretty cheesy if that is what you are looking for. assuming the classes play the same as they did in 2005

Holy fucking shit, does this game attract people who can't write instructions worth of a shit?

I managed to get it working, but jesus Christ these constant disconnects are getting annoying. is there anywhere that I can get a starter kit of gear for my class? or am I relegated to just grinding naked until I can get some gear?

It says the server is down for me everytime I try to log in. Phoenix server status is always down

jej
swgawakening.com/portal.php

Server is being DDOSed today for some reason,for some reason multiple servers for SWG are getting DDOSed.
Basilisk devs getting angry people are jumping ship?

Lad ive seen the server population charts, awakening is one of the lower pop servers.

Project pheonix launcher sometimes incorrectly displays server downtimes, often I can log in when it says its down, so always try it first. but the server has been shitting itself today as well.

wait pardon my doublepost but I see they seem to actually be very active, is awakening mote active even than basilisk?
the peak forum activity even has been almost 600 users which is promising but what concerns me more is that they dont list actual population.

I don't know man, I play and people play with me, cnet is always packed, mos eisley is too.

I didn't even know you could check populations yourself

this website here has graphs of every server that will actually reveal its population
stats.revelationonline.net/

So what's the deal with the rebel NPCs in theed?
Having a couple of imperial recruiters and terminals being watched by a rebel trooper is pretty bizarre

World 3 was on 6th gen consoles, too.
Probably so bad that it was more obscure.

WHIP

This constant serb crashing is pretty annoying

I'm currently online, if any of you need some newbro gear, crafting tools, a little bit of resources to craft something, etc. message Top as always.

for FUCK'S SAKE

Any images of this? Is there hutt clothes?

What ever happened to our old town?

top, get back online you turbokike. i want to help set up our settlement

On Basilisk? It's still there. Rotting away, but it's there.

Every fucking day something new.

This is art

tonight at 11: when womp rats bullseye YOU

good thing you circled the text in the middle of the motherfucking screenshot, we might have missed it otherwise

with bustas like you up in this piece i gotta make sure to make it real obvious

How long does it take to log in? It just hovers at connecting to log in server

Server May have frozen or something. But rather than going into stasis it should reboot in a moment of two. Make sure you are launching via the pheonix launched and not swgemu.

Also slab I might be down and out for a week. Ancient power supply started giving an acrid smell so I shut it down in a hurry. Will try to see if I can boot and play for a while without it bursting tomorrow or in an hour. Currently so much as flipping on the manual power so current can go through is causing it to heat.

no worries, i'm sure we can live without your kikery for a week or so

ita werkin now, where can I find you fags?

also where do I get a fancy speeder?

whats your ingame?

you still around? i just logged off, but could log back on long enough to get you into the guild

well, gimme a sec to reroll. I forgot to change my name so I figured while I wait for the hour cooldown I could learn how to play. I should be good in another 10 minutes, what Planet are you on?

Tatooine. /tell slab when you get ingame, i'll get you in the guild and send you waypoints to our rape bunker

kk, shank man
do I just type /tell in the chatbox?

yes so /tell slab or /tell goldbergestein
me and slab have both made jewish Hutt alts as crafters now

kk, one last question, is there a way to adjust the graphics? I hate how the world loads in 10 feet infront of you.

the wrench icon bottom right, turn off character LOD manager if you see it as well.

This might take a bit longer, I was pretty sure an hour was up but I guess not. If I don't message you tonight then I will tomorrow. No need to wait up though.

if you can't get ahold of us don't panic, you're not really missing much yet. we have the beginnings of a small settlement set up with a few crafting stations but other than that you'd be on your own.

frankly here's my advice: you wanna go a combat class? start on dantooine, go to stone haven or whatever the lower right town is called and stack up missions. you can have ten at a time, so if you make sure each one is in the same compass direction you can save a lot of time and make anywhere from 30-70k credits per set of missions to begin with. make sure to get buffs from the "buff house" and, after choosing your missions, stay in that dancer's group - you'll get bonuses to xp and gathering for it

if you want a gatherer or artisan, i don't really know, i've only ever made crafter alts when i'm rich enough with a main character to power that fucker through the ranks by throwing money at it, so be aware

Downloading the client from vola now, and aslong as the file expiring before the download is finished doesn't fuck with the download I'll be on in two to three hours. I'm fairly new to SWG I tried it on a private server awhile back but without a group to play with I didn't get very far.

Finally made it in, Im Biff, looks like you are off now so hopefully I can get you tomorrow.

anyone on today?

I'll be on shortly.
Message too or goldbergestein and I'll send you the coordinates to the bunker.

goddammit i am so sick of this shit

Server stability is going to be like this for a bit due to engine upgrade.
however since its crashing and not just locking up the servers auto restart kicks in and it doesn't need 6 hours like basi, probably like 5 minutes.

Also solo groups like the one that entertainer gave you allow you to take higher paying missions. that solo group can get you 30k+enraged bull rancor mission on dath

and its already back up.

Yeah those are the ones you should refresh constantly for.

Alright nigger, how well does it run on a toaster? Are the discs still on Vola?

So do I torrent the complete version? Is that what it's called? I bought it years ago but threw it away after Sony destroyed the game. I just remember the box had angry wookies on it.

Damnit! Go back to your containment board, Holla Forums!

Issat a blue human or did they add custom Chiss?

oy vey

The game is from pre 2005 how do you think it runs on a 2016 toaster.

Torrent the full disk set. Three disks in all.

Chiss are in-game, as are hutts, playable nightsisters/singing mountain clan, devornians, bith, and several other races.

where is eeryone, is there a way to see if members are online?

/addfriend

I asked one of the CSRs if our city could get either the crashed starship wreck in eisley or the mos espa crashed ship cantina, it would be a nice addition when we found "wreckage brothers rest"

We will get a green or red light on that when the new engine shit is sorted.

Why not wait to start up threads for this game on Holla Forums until its developed a little more? People are going to burn out on an unfinished game.

That being said I'll join then. I never got to play it and it was supposedly the best most unique mmo ever.

It's pretty ugly tbh

Wreckage Brothers rest is now active on tatooine, we have our own city with shuttleport now.

Poeple are also gonna use our shuttle frequently to get at the krayt dragon graveyard. Taxation is heaven.

group photo, minus two members

Jesus fuck I forgot how ass-backwards the control scheme was.

try setting your keymap to the first person shooter preset

You can change keymaps. The FPS one is the best imo, just make sure to untick "chase camera" in the keymap menu.

anyone on?

I can't seem to install the phoenix one. It keeps on using the swgemu client even if i launched phoenix.

I'll be on in an hour or so.
Name's Deendu Nuffin, if anybody wants to invite me to the guild or whatever you guys have going.

Phoenix is an assache to install.

We have basic skill trainers and a vendor with survey tools and crafting kits up of anyone needs them while I'm away. I will be around most of this week from here own out.

CRASH LIFE 4 LIFE

I'm going to be in most of the day if any of you need into the guild.
Our city is wreckage brothers rest on tatooine.

OP! WHEN YOU WILL RELEASE LINUX FOSS VERSION OF SOFTWARE?

just crash my shit up fam

This fucking server

Im still prowling around, any of you who needed in around tonight? Ive added deendu and isaw waiting for them to log in.

Is the player count accurate? 44 people online? Kek

Hey fags get in here were doing deathwatch bunker

So, is there a trick to making the graphics not ass? The in-game settings seem to reset themselves. I remember the live SWG back in the day didn't look that shitty.

Live SWG post NGE actually had minor graphical improvements, but not much.

Least concise art direction for any game ever made.

i saw dunkey video on this, game sucks shit

Doesnt matter if someone still gets made about it.

yes, TF 2 and Battlefront 2
you guys are alright

Put your dick in it

PS1 versions of 1 and 2 are amazing, great atmosphere

GBC version of 2 is a fun RPG

3 is great overall, not on PC though

4 is trash don't bother

5 is really good, can explore all of Hogwarts, heaps of fun.

Haven't played 6 or 7pt1/p2

Poor Jeffrey.

So according to an interview posted in last thread we have 5 types of weapons (with each category having around 10 weapons), so do we knoe them all already, i remember

What am i missing? Or they havent revealed them all yet?

where did things go wrong for him?

Any news on the update thats going to fix the stability? Also I feel like Im missing something while playing this game, what else should I be doing?

the hole you feel is the lack of JTL or players to run raids with, it really is a damn shame. Stability should be improving over the next week or so since the engine update, if you want some companions to do shit with send top a message. Ill get you fixed with armor and put you in the right direction.

Geo raid when.

death watch bunker finally is fixed, me and slab are in it, if any of you are on get in here its time for fun

I'll be on in a bit. They expect the player count to upswing?. I see the other sever has like 800 0lus. Whats the deal with the other one that folks don't like?

player count will upswing more as server stability increases, as it stands it seems active with real players while basilisk seems to just be a towns of AFK alts, the server is so young though that we have an opportunity to make a very heavy impact in the economy and claim the land that we want rather than being nobodies.

Invite Jagger, I think goldberg is afk

Jagger still needs permisson to open shit, How will I build a sexbot if I can get muh metals?

AFK sampling will gather you a shitload, and if you're buffed you'll have enough action points to do it basically indefinitely. or just buy some you cheap fucking scab

Excuse me? Do I look like an animal, do you expect me to prostrate myself in the wastes and gather these materials with my artisans hands?
I WILL BE THE BUILDER OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY SEX BOTS
HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST I LABOR LIKE A COMMON ANIMAL

fine

there's a 1 credit per unit vendor in Stone Haven on Dantooine who sells basic steel, aluminum etc

Also I'm not sure how you even get minerals and metals

if you need it on a small scale, buy a surveying tool from our small guy vendor in the bunker. remember that if you're looking for minerals to get a mineral detector and so on. then, use the survey tool and it's pretty self-explanatory from there on how to find the resource you're looking for. once at the deposit you want to exploit, if you only need a small amount of materials (a couple hundred steel, for example, just to get to the next tier of crafting) then just sample the area and you'll grab some of whatever resource is highest concentration there. if you want to go large scale it's a whole different ball game.

large scale resource harvesting requires a harvester deed, which follows the same rules as a survey tool insofar as a mineral harvester will only pull up minerals. when you get to where you want it, you just use the deed for it and bam presto. it then requires money - yes, you literally need to cram money into the machine to pay its maintenance costs, and cannot as far as i know pay from your bank - and it also requires power, which can only be gathered through a power generator - a wind turbine etc. if you have one, you then take power out of the turbine's hopper like any other resource, load it into whatever harvester you want to power, and flip the switch

tl;dr i do not know how i got here i am not good with computer

another thing worth mentioning is that each planet has specific resources, which doesn't mean anything to you right now but will in the near future. also remember that each type of resource has different quality levels - the steel from tatooine, for example, is pretty low quality as far as i've seen.

this is why SWG's crafting system is so unique and highly-rated and for my money is the best that was ever put into a videogame. if you make a blaster out of tatooine steel, for example it will be objectively worse and have worse stats than the exact same type/class of blaster made with Corellian steel

uuugghhh crafting sounds hard. I just wanted to be the weridd guy in the basement that made seexxboottssss.

Also this is a bit confusing. for the earlry stuff it says metal, and chemical. So does that mean ANY chemical and metal?

if it just wants metal then yes throw whatever of good quality in there. more complex stuff will want specific things from "non-ferrous metal" to straight "Whateverthefuck-class-copper"

also

Oh shit son, could we ever help you if you got ganked? How does pvp even work in this game?

this is a KOTOR meme only, resources across all worlds are randomly generated with no evidence of any sort of value range-bias for planets