Why is this film so massively underrated? It’s one of McTiernan’s best

Why is this film so massively underrated? It’s one of McTiernan’s best.

It softens up the image of cumskins so people arne't shocked by their absolute barbarity.

i agree.

i got palindrome digits, what does it mean?

oh shit giga nigga's omega beam just activated it's over

The adventures of achmed ficki ficki in Scandanavia.

they dont like it that the random foreigner doesnt get to be in charge of everything, thus they think its thin plot

Nigger wat. Also you know it’s based on real history right.

isn't it based on a novel which is sort of a retelling of beowulf?

Yup, by Michael Crichton. Top 5 best adaptive writer of the 80’s/late 90’s and hands down goat action director. Movie has no fat + eminently rewatchable yet not even considered a cult classic.

13th Warrior is one of my favorite movies

Omar Sharif hated the film, but that can be understandable considering the great works he was involved in beforehand. It doesn't stack up to Lawrence of Arabia but it's still a very enjoyable film.

Definitely watch pic related then if you haven’t already.

Why did he hate it? Only reason can think he would is because his part was so small.

From Kikepedia:
"The outcome of the film's production disappointed Omar Sharif so much that he temporarily retired from film acting, not taking a role in another major film until 2003's Monsieur Ibrahim

"After my small role in The 13th Warrior, I said to myself, 'Let us stop this nonsense, these meal tickets that we do because it pays well.' I thought, 'Unless I find a stupendous film that I love and that makes me want to leave home to do, I will stop.' Bad pictures are very humiliating, I was really sick. It is terrifying to have to do the dialogue from bad scripts, to face a director who does not know what he is doing, in a film so bad that it is not even worth exploring."

Obviously just butthurt because of his screen time. Just lost all respect for him.
:^/

they drink out of a snot bowl and a manlet beheads a perfectly nice guy just to be a dick, 0/10

but still better than the other Beowulf by far

I own them both. Ironclad gets my dick hard, but to anybody else in this thread, watch this movie. Medieval Kino

I like the part where the big guy punches a horse

This movie used to be one of the only movies i'd watch on dvd when i was too poor to afford cable. I really enjoyed it personally. I guess movies mean a lot more when you're forced to only watch a few over and over again. Fucking rich film critics will never understand scarcity.

The based on real thing is about a 10th century mudslime who travelled with a bunch of vikings and wrote about it.

And that's the story of how the Vikings left runestones engraved with "Allah" on the East coast of the US