Doom no longer uses Denuvo in the latest update. Completely removed

Doom no longer uses Denuvo in the latest update. Completely removed.

Thanks CPY

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/news/bethesda-has-removed-the-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech-from-doom/
steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
mediafire.com/file/4r6fe1sbxhw2gbe/Moon_Man_v1_1.pk3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh shit! Does this mean it'll FINALLY run on WINE now? The BETA ran beautifully.

The game is pretty fun. It's like the Shadow Warrior reboot but more to the point.
Have fun!
Foundery best level

Its tempting, it really is, but
makes it really hard to justify

Why would I care when I'm already playing much better Doom games?

I've seen people saying it's over 80GB now.

They can get rid of denuvo but 60 gigs is too much I'm willing to download for AAA trash. With that space I can actually fit like 5 good games.

Proof

ENTERING A GOLDEN AGE

It's still Steam DRM and it's still proprietary. One thing at a time I guess.

Does the latest update make the game good and also add full on modding support instead of the limited as fuck level editor?

If Denuvo really is gone, you can start rooting around in the files and trying to unfuck this mess. Idtech mark whatever with it's megatextures is probably balls to work with, but still, this is good news. If CPY keeps this up I'll be able to play Deus Ex MD and experience how shit it is firsthand.

I'll take SteamDRM over Denuvo any day.

Deus Ex MD is already DRM free on Linux.

I'll stay the fuck away from that game, thank you. But seriously, the most important aspect of Doom was the maze-like level design, how does DOOD® compare?

This, and literally anyone can crack it.

Seconding this question, are the levels interesting? That might motivate me to pirate it

If Denuvo is gone that means a solid crack is just around the corner, that is if there wasn't one already, so give it a bit then you can try it out at your leisure.

Yeah, it's huge due to a giant MP patch. Did nothing to fix the shitty MP. It's a good SP game though, best AAA shooter in a decade. Needs to be played on nightmare though as there's a lot of casual bullshit that needs countered. Maybe now it can be modded, getting rid of the glory kills and tweaking pickups to match is all it really needs.

no. there are times you can't progress until you listen to some fag talk. and there can't be more than a certain amount of enemies on screen at a time, I think it;s 10

DOOD

Most are. The later levels are much better in those respects. The first level is linear as fuck. They're more maze-like than modern FPS games but they're not like Doom 1 & 2.

Can you tell everyone here how to create a crack for steam DRM then? Create, not copy an existing crack

okay

Game dev here, I work for a large studio that started using Denuvo recently. I'm neutral on piracy and pirate TV shows a lot, so don't give me a hard time, certainly not here to judge.
I do want to explain what happened here, Denuvo Software Solutions offers a guarantee, if your Denuvo game is cracked within a certain time (3 months is normal), you do not have to pay for Denuvo. Part of claiming the refund is you must remove Denuvo from your game.
One of the reasons why the management of my company used it, they think it is a no lose situation. I personally think it is more nuanced, Denuvo is expensive and my management think we lose a fortune to piracy because the industry inflates the figures as I think most of you all know. My management buy in to the inflated figures and Denuvo Software Solutions of course uses them also.
Obviously I'm just a developer so not aware of the numbers but eventually I'll find out if Denuvo helped, my educated guess is that it won't help improve sales figures as much as the management hope. To protect a AAA game, Denuvo charge high 7 figure sums.

Guaranteed to work for every single game with steam DRM?

If that is the case then when is it getting released on GoG?

If true that explains why no western scene touches Denuvo releases.

You sound like a hypocrite.

Denton.png

every single one

Well I've picked up the habit of auto pirating any steam exclusive instead of buying, but I'll try it some time.

Word by word, you that redditor?

Hes fisihing for replies

Of course, he's full of shit.

There is no way that is true. Would any dev really shell out 1 million+ dollars for DRM?

Guess they figure its not worth paying out the nose for protection that has already been cracked. Its a business decision, not a gesture made out of good will to the consumer. Still, a game this past release in today's environment getting any developer attention at all is something I can appreciate.

I'm under no delusion that this is better than the original Doom games, but now its on my list of "maybe get games."

Fellow industry fag here

Actually working DRM - as in 100% blocks pirates - does help sales. There are more people who are willing to pay for something which they cannot pirate than people who refuse to support DRM for ethical reasons. There are many people who pirate anything they can, and pay for the rest. Example would be games like Dota2 or League of Legends. People who play these might pirate every other games, but pay for cosmetics in Dota/LoL.

If your DRM doesn't actually work then the value for using it goes way down. DRM that works is currently important up to the big yearly sales. First release, and then the biggest sale. If you have working DRM and hit both of those then your game will make more than without DRM for sure.

Hits will be hits. They do not follow the logic of other games as much, although with DRM they would certainly make more sales the truth is that hits make so many sales to normalfags that the pirate communities who refuse to pay for the games don't matter as much. But getting those extra sales from normal pirates is still better.

For most smaller devs, every sale matters, but odds are not that a pirated copy is a lost sale as there are also a large number of people who only pirate tons of games from the sites they follow and barely play the games they pirate.

Console games are a form of DRM too you know which encourages console exclusives, and helps sales for as long as the console isn't broken. Once the DRM is broken, sales plummet for bad games and good games alike.

Man, if you really are with the industry, this post is a perfect insight into how out-of-touch you people are with your consumers

I feel that but I bit the bullet for science
unless you have an nVidia gameworks enabled card, don't even bother.
thanks to that anti-consumer crap, it runs like shit at low settings on a card that gets 60 fps from GTA5 on high (and you just know if Carmack were involved you would be able to get it running on a pentium 3)

the game itself is passable but higher difficulties just turn enemies into hit sponges. I'd like to see a doom 2 conversion for it instead of this resource hog

The fuck are you smoking? AMD cards run that shit fine.

Do you think this is Reddit where you can just spread misinfo everywhere?

Vulkan in particular gives AMD cards and older Nvidia cards a large performance boost.
I'm curious how the game performs on Wine, since the multiplayer demo supposedly ran fine but denuvo broke the full release.

If someone can share a copy of the game with the latest patch, I can check to see how it runs on my R9 290 under WINE.

60 gigs can get you like 20 good games.

Developers shouldn't worry about textures bigger than 512 or 1024 at most. The true aesthetics go into the normal maps and how natural the reflections are.

The highest any game should be until 2026 is 5GB for a smaller scale get and 15 gb for a large-scale game.

What to heck

a solid crack came out like a month ago.

okay buddy

Go look up D4D.

Level design always boils down to arenas. With very weak enemies in-between these arenas, seldom using level design in any intricate or interesting way and rarely throwing the player into complete chaos. The lack of monster closets or traps — along with scripted infighting don't lead to very interesting comabt — after the introduction of every enemy. A fact not helped by how the game-design doles health and ammunition in ubiquity, always leaving this sort of safe cushion for being a god damn idiot.

Enemies are only bullet sponges in the first level, which is utter fucking garbage anyway. Game is piss easy even on Nightmare.

It's a mix. There's a lot of room-hallway-arena room-hallway unfortunately, but there's a few really standout areas of the game that really embrace the non-linear philosophy of the old levels. At the very least they're always fairly visually interesting.

Still ain't gonna play it

ANYBODY GOING TO MAKE MODS THAT DELETE GLORY KILLS AND CHANGE LEVELS?

This means next TES won't have denuvo.

I think it's more likely that they got rid of denuvo because it was already cracked so they can just get the good PR without losing any sales than it is because they realized how bad of an idea it is to use. I would expect future Bethesda games to have Denuvo.

i wanna fuck that

fuck off back to reddit larper

I have an AMD card, yet I couldn't get Vulkan running on it, so I had to run DOOM at the absolute lowest settings to get a decent framerate which still regularly dipped during heavier encounters

Does Vulkan only work on newer AMD cards? I have no trouble running games like Serious Sam 3 and Payday 2, so I wonder what the deal is

Thanks CPY

My computer's AMD and it ran the demo just fine.

I can see it happening if they believe that it's made up by people buying it instead of pirating. It's not as if they don't have lots of money to throw around.

so?

they would probably earn that much instead if people who pirated it decided to buy it

Denuvo was already cracked for nuDoom. No-one cares, except for the ethics people who will now buy the game despite the fact it's shit.

I'm not buying it because I still have DOOM 1995 and mods, but at the very least it's off my DO NOT BUY list. Maybe someday I'll pick it up for 5 quid on a reseller site if I ever give enough shits.

You do realise that lots of steam games don't have steamworks, right? Steamworks is Valve's DRM. If it doesn't have that and nothing else is listed, it's DRM-free. steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

CPY announced their victory over Denuvo

Damn user, can you upload moon doom wads on mega and share it! Can't find it anywhere

Posting obligatory threadcap

Dude Sex: MD is already cracked for windows as well. Runs like ass, but it a decent enough game. Reeks of being a "second in a trilogy".

Who cares? Shit game anyway.

Zenimax don't know how to make anything but arena-corridor-arena and they still felt like they had to put in the compass from Skyrim to stop players from getting lost.

Please do not peddle this meme

No, you see, my delusional reality where you let people steal your game at will actually increases sales. Don't ask me for any data haha because I don't have any, but I can confirm that literally all pirates throw money to the dev if they like the game (this literally never happens).

shit they really are the only group working on Denuvo it seems, and they could really use help, there are still over twenty games left uncracked.
What the fuck are other scene groups doing ? are they lazy or just stupid like 3DM ?

proofs ?

I can't speak for the unwashed masses but I don't buy games without pirating them first so DRM that works = no sale in my case.

I believe this and it makes me sad.

mediafire.com/file/4r6fe1sbxhw2gbe/Moon_Man_v1_1.pk3

It doesn't even support mods.

Nobody cares about the shitty game, the point is that Denuvo has been blown the fuck out so hard that even games that already had it are abandoning it. I still remember all the "PIRATEFAGS BTFO xDDDDD" Denuvo shills when it first came out. I've got a feeling they're all gonna be unemployed pretty soon.

I have to ask for proofs again

Impossible sadly.
This game wouldn't be such a fucking mess and be decent if you could mod out three simple things.
There might be more for others but those are the complaints that keep me from playing it.

Denuvo developer here, the software has protected first-week sales every single time and the smears about damaging SSDs didn't get enough traction.

Be as smug as you like, but the truth is that we are winning. The only thing preventing Denuvo from protecting every PC game is that not everyone is willing to pay for it, but we have appropriate pricing plans for different publishers and developers. Word is spreading and soon pirates will no longer be able to ruin studios anymore.

Yep marketing did a great job at selling the ˡᵉ ˢᵗʳᵘᵍᵍˡⁱⁿᵍ ʰᵃʳᵈ ʷᵒʳᵏⁱⁿᵍ developer meme and that normalfag fans need to be a god goy and
(((support the developer ))
When in reality the publishers take the lions share. There are even people here on neo/v/ that believe that bullshit.

solid bait but I think you could do a little better next time

THICC

truth is not even developers give a fuck about your, the customer. there are few exceptions of course

Too lazy to bother, prefer to crack much simpler stuff or bought. By bought I mean they have either been paid by Denuvo not to, or all their people with a shred of talent have been bought by DRM companies to work with them or to quit the scene.

Either way, thank fuck for CPY.

I really REALLY like this image!

nuDoom is still shit. As are all games that have ever used denuvo.

In what way has Denuvo been completely removed? Why is there no technical details or any source of information? I don't trust it.

even my grandma figured it out. come on user. literally anyone.

i think the joke is that the pirate version bypasses it with the whole "thanks CPY" in OP

Look at

Bethesda completely removed Doom in their latest update

This image is more relevant than ever

I'm like 90% they're just joking. Right?

this is really funny because you can't see the filenames on reddit. It has always been a chan thing

One of the things I'll never understand about reddit is why they have a subject for 4chan. Why not go to 4chan and circlejerk in 4chan?

Also wasn't /vg/ just a containment board that ultimately turned into a shill fest for the most part?

Go back to >>>/reddit/

Theres a couple of retards/shills here, likely rapefugees who have never played Doom or Painkiller in their life.

Only GCN GPUs are capable of properly supporting Vulkan on the AMD side. So basically HD 77xx and higher/newer.

Which is why they'd come here and do it you dolt.

Your faith in humanity is misguided.

If you can launch the game without the steam client, login credentials and it has no 'activation' limit or requirement on hardware change or any other kind of DRM practice then it simply doesn't have any DRM. Get that through your thick skull. You might as well say all games have DRM.

Who?
meh

/vg/ has always been dead on Holla Forums. I don't know about shilling but a lot of 4chan /vg/ threads back in the day before the exodus were circlejerks, mostly populated by the same few posters per thread, often going as far as avatarfagging.

titus_get_the_cross.jpg

After playing the demo, I don't think I'll get the full version, even for free. It's somewhat fun, but the music is unbearable. If you can call it music at all, that shit is more like a bunch of random notes and weird distortion to give a horror feel. It's more like a bad imitation of Quake than anything else. Except Quake was actually a great game.

fucking this. the game itself actually isn't terrible - the singleplayer at least, the multiplayer is unbearable - but the "music" is just unbelievably terrible. it's fucking noise and nothing else. it's like trent reznor ate a couple of heavy metal albums and recorded himself taking a shit

Console pleb here.

What exactly is denuvo?

denuvo is a form of copy protection that is really, really hard to crack. it's also extremely taxing on hard drives since it's constantly rewriting information to your drive

76 or so gb on my disk.
why are all modern games so stupidly big?

Because it's a piracy deterrent on slow/poor/limited connections

It also sells hardware. You have a nice 500 gb drive? Well it's gonna fill up fast, better get another one

If someone were to purchase a physical copy of nuDoom to avoid the download time, they would still be shit out of luck because the physical copy only has the first 7GB of the game on the DVD.

Couple of things wrong with that post.
First off, he brushes off the argument of morality with the notion that developers don't care about you. Non-sequitur. The fact that developers don't care about you has nothing to do with allowing you to get their products for free.
Secondly, the example he gave about the online was simply terrible. That is exactly the exception to the rule. Developers can and do monitor the amount of people who get online and actually use that function of the game. If nobody uses the online and everybody just plays the single player campaign, that sends a message.
The cases where you can't do this are when you don't like things that can't be individually monitored in a game, like a certain feature of the offline single player campaign.

This nuDoom hate boner is so tremendous you're not even careful with your arguments.

Still not going to play it.

My Arma install is only 40GB, CUP and all. What the fuck are they doing?

Elder Scrolls wont have denuvo for the same reason fallout 4 didnt. Denuvo prevents exe tampering, which a lot of mods need to do, alongside script extenders. Denuvo would fuck over the modding community which is bethesdas bread and butter, and if they keep console mods up, the gateway to more bread and butter as modders make mods for the console audience.

RAGE

user that's bait or shilling. You can recognize the stale "feeling" from those posts which come off as emotionless and the poster lacking sincerity.