SMASH 4 SWITCH new characters confirmed

Rev up those old pre-smash 4 roster pictures boys, it's time to guess which new characters are coming to smash 4 ultimate version for the switch

probably no more than five characters.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/rumour_fresh_sources_suggest_shovel_knight_is_indeed_digging_his_way_to_super_smash_bros
youtube.com/watch?v=K2Fo3Ip5Myc
my.mixtape.moe/usfdsi.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My guesses are:

Dixie Kong
Impa (SS/hyrule warriors)
Paper Mario
Splatoon inkling
wild card: Advanced Wars or Golden Sun rep

Took them long enough

Goku

always entertaining to watch smash autists throw shit at each other over which forgotten nintendo character totally deserves a slot.

NEVER EVER

THE DRAGONBORN hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAhAhaha

Well since someone on Twitter has said it that means it must be true.

But just in case, here's a preemptive response

RIDLEY

Smash 4 was fucking hot garbage. Never making the mistake of spending $60 on a Smash game ever again.

It's Liam robertson. It's pretty much an official confirmation.

IS TOO BIG

Honestly they're starting to run out of major characters to add to the roster that most people will actually care about.
Splatoon's Inklings seem like the most sensible choice.

But before even that…

This.
I bought every Smash game to date, but after Brawl and Sm4sh, Sakurai is going to have to stop being retarded for me to buy another Smash title.
I see little reason to buy Smash on Switch, even if it comes with some new characters.

Nah, Jewtendo actually managed to make me rather drink myself to death than to care about their newest jewish trick.

Ice Climbers
Wolf
K.Rool
Incineroar (Gen 7 support)
Geno

this is the longest edition of japan time ever
it never ends what the fuck

This. Over time Smash 4 went from being my second favourite in the series to what I think is the worst by a considerable margin as I played it more and more.

Are people still playing Smash 4?

What else is there to play?

I can't wait to see what uninteresting characters they add to the roster.

Nope, I picked up Melee after Smash 4 started feeling slow as molasses.
I may never go back, honestly, unless they make something that's faster-paced than Smash 4 or Brawl.

I agree but I still love the SHWING sound the smash logo makes and every time they reveal a character.

I can totally see ice climbers and wolf now that the switch can support the multiple ice climbers on screen

a wet dream. The kremlings are not current year but K.rool would be badass. I'd be fine with DKC2 dixie kong.

Inklings
Ice Climbers
Impa
Wild card: Banjo&Kazooie

also the multiple ice climbers on screen is something one just believes is possible. It could be that they just scrap them because although its possible in normal smash it could be an FPS drop in 8player smash. Then again they stated that the wiiU could handle the ice climbers already, and that the issue was the 3DS.

To be honest I don't miss the ice climbers, and I rather see newcomers.

Smash 4 is fun, and I play melee too.
Meleefags can be autistic about their game but they're just tsundere for japan time.

Oh to actually have Nintendo care again.

0/10; won’t bother

It's not a remake of smash 4, it's just an "ultimate" version, a la capcom, with more content.

Finally an excuse to dig up this gem from the depths of my meme archives

My guesses are:
- NuCrash Bandicoot
- The gayest sounding blonde fujobait from FF15, yet another clone of Marth
- A gen 23 Pokémon rep only young children and furries know of
- 'Sort-of-Cartoony'-Link from Skyward Sword fame
- Lightning, who stars as the main character of the "story mode", is on all promotional material, and hailed as the first female character in Smash Bros.
- The entire cast of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Waluigi, because we really don't have any worthwhile ideas anymore
- An actual pile of human shit

In my dreams.

mutliple characters on screen shouldn't be an issue
Also Ice Climbers were stated to be "pretty much ready to be added" in smash 4 beta but they didn't because of the 3DS limitations

Ice Climbers are in the "likely" category to be returning veterans
Inkling is a sensible option too, with Splatoon 2 being a switch launch title.

Did you just reply to yourself.

This better be one roster slot

I elaborated on what I posted, but yeah I guess I didn't need to.
You're the bigger faggot here user.

All individual roster slots, all clones of Sonic (even Eggman) except for Big the Cat who is a clone of Captain Falcon.

you're the bigger faggot here user

I don't know why you're assuming it's just a Super Ultimate Edition of Smash 4 instead of a new Smash game. Unless you're trying to make a "every Nintendo game is a rehash" joke, in which case carry on, I'm retarded.

I thought of the same thing with Zoroark back pre-smash 4 where he just transformed into shit for every different attack, like Double from Skullgirls, back when he was Gen 5's Lucario.

here's your (you).

I already got the one character I really wanted guess which one but inkling would be pretty cool.

you seem to like loli catgirls so probably a waifu of some sort.

8 player smash is comfy with friends, so I still play it. The best thing Sm4sh did was add support for a fuckton of controllers.
The gameplay is slow, but that isn't it's main issue. The pacing is fine but the game needs rebalancing to reward playing aggressively. Right now you can park yourself by the edge of FD and counter anything the other guys throw at you, because approaching the enemy puts you at a disadvantage. You can airdodge and roll repeatedly and end up really hard to hit, and in a multi battle other people can't time their hits to stop a rollspammer because then someone else hits them.
Custom moves were a neat idea but were halfassed. DLC characters don't have them, and any character that isn't Palutena just has "slower but harder hitting" and "weaker but faster" as alternatives. Palutena is great with customs on, because as Sakurai's waifu they actually put effort into giving her different moves. The downside is that her attacks are really fucking slow and she's worse in the air than fucking Pit. Maining Paly is suffering
Equipment is fucking stupid. They give you stat boosts and bonuses. Imagine TF2 but where every weapon adds a random +20% to something randomly, and you have to ban them in competitive because some guy can stack +80% on move speed as Heavy or something. If they just gave bonuses like less lag on hitting the ground they would be great. Or they could just have them as modifiers for the match, I could see the landing lag canceller thing forming it's own competitive scene.

Even if custom moves and equipment weren't shit the menus are. Street Fighter 4 is just
and Sm4sh is
And hope that nobody changes their mind in the process.
The menus in general are shit. There's no "single player", "multi player" and options, there's "Smash", "Smash Tour" which is it's own breed of shit I won't mention and everything else is lumped in "Games and More" Also the touchscreen doesn't work.

tldr great game but needs massive unfucking. A little rebalancing and fixing the new stuff would make for the best thing ever, but Sakurai drops balls like a paraplegic basketball player covered in lube. Mods will fix it if Switch doesn't.

I like all Smash games but Brawl unless it's Project M and makes the game remotely playable. The absolute asston of mods helps out a bit too
Also
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE SMASH 4 NUDE MODS

They already confirmed its Smash 4 being ported to the switch.
in order to sell, it will be most likely an "ultimate" edition.
Tweet confirms this notion and confirms new characters.

Might be someone's waifu but not mine, although you're in the right track.

He'll probably get sued.

SOME STAGES ARE SO BIG THEY CAN EVEN FIT RIDLEY.
RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY
I'M REALLY RIDLEY
METAKNIGHT CAN KO KING KROOL WHEN HE'S REALLY RIDLEY.
I would like chibi robo to be playable all things consider. I think it would make a nice character.

I really wish dreamworks would meet up with nintendo so they release Shrek as a character.

Chibi Robo and Ray 01 will never be in a Smash game.

But he can use the toothbrush as a sword
Sammerguy loves swordfighters.

Who confirmed it, anyway? I've been ignoring the Switch because Wonderful 201 and/or Pikmin 4 haven't been announced and I can't pirate anything on it.

who even is that?

It was confirmed like 2 years ago and most likely will be an NX title.

That isnt even a thing. The Switch trailer was all bullshots. None of the games shown, besides BotW, are in dev.

Why is he leaking stuff anyways? Plus how much of it is real or bullshit?

>Sm4sh switch releases with jumps carrying momentum from dashes, and no end-lag on aerials, on par with l-canceling, without the need to autistically press L or R every time you land after an aerial with precise timing.

>YFW one of the newcomers is another FE character
>one of the newcomers is a Metroid character, and its Federation Force mecha

After Corrin as the last DLC character I'm expecting nothing but dissapointment.

I thought that was that crappy 3DS platformer

Actually I assume that Mario game was in dev. 2platoon might be a bullshot, the original Splatoon trailer was complete bullshit too but at least they delivered. None of them were played on the consoles you saw in the video because it's hard to record a screen, ask anyone. Not saying they were played on actual Switch hardware, just that I'm not sure if they are.

AT LEAST ADD RUNDAS
YOU FUCKS

I wouldn't mind if it was Hector

FUCK YOU MIKE JONES WILL BE IN SMASH SWITCH

I'm ok with everything here except no end-lag on aerials. That seems kinda OP. I hope you meant landing lag on aerials.

A faggot who always leaks nintendo-related shit and is always correct because he has inside sources. He hasn't been wrong of a single whistleblow. You're completely in your own right to dismiss him, but every single smash autist who leaks is also stating the same, so smashboards and samsh e-celebfags are taking it as a 99% likely and already concocting japan time.

Spongebob is facebook/9gag memes tier. Worse than reddit. It will be inevitably taken away like Troll face by the normalfags. If you are still using spongebob le epic funny faces it is highly likely that you're a goybook user normalfag

Dead on arrival.

It's also a chance for alt-costumes like Proto Man or Bass for Mega Man, user. Considering Megs' up-tilt is the Rock Upper from MvC1 if Zero gets in he'll have X as an alt-costume.

Never ever-tier along with Issac and Advance War rep.

The most likely choices are Zelda/DK/Mario secondary characters or the new hot current year IPs currently being encouraged.

Also take into consideration returning veterans with a chance, like wolf and ice climbers, the latter already done in smash 4 beta.

but this is sakurai so don't be surprised we get a random wild card or a shit marketing-purposes charcater like Corrin. Don't be surprised we get not-greninja owl to market Sun & Moon Anime either.

Ports of games barely anyone outside of die hard fanboys played.

I would be perfectly fine with Decidueye in Smash 4 Switch

Nah it'll be Incineroar if any gen 7 starter

He'll make a fine assist trophy.

That's exactly what I meant, actually.

To this day, I still don't understand how "Ridley is too big" counts as an argument. Sentinel in the Marvel vs Capcom games is bigger than the entire roster, and he still made it.

Oh, allright. No problem. Carry on, fellow patriot.

cannot wait for all those Mii costumes, you goys

What attacks would he have? I mean Charizard is already in the roster, and we already have two Flamethrower characters

Look at this fag

Go back to r/smashbros.

Literally nobody buys mii costumes The Geno costume would be the only thing I'd even consider maybe purchasing on a sale but I wouldn't give my shekels to mii costumes ever

What pic is that a parody of?

It's falseflagging Meleefag and he executed it perfectly, you're falling for the meleefag falseflagging.

Smash games generally don't care for scale. If they did Dedede would be tiny. I think it's just that if you shrunk Ridley down he'd look really thin and weird.

I'd be happy to see a Melee HD, but reworking Sm4sh to play like Melee is stupid. Sm4sh needs some tweaks to be better but it should be it's own thing.

That seems too retarded for a Smash Bros. thread

Wasn't being serious

Never ever ;_;

More like wanting a wrestler in a """fighting"""

>or Furby Ridley from Other M

Wrestler in smash translates to "chain grabs" or "good grab" hitbox and dash-grab. As a person who likes grabbing Id be ok with it, but "wrestlers" in smash in sakurai's mind are big heavies with long range hitbox and slow.

On an unrelated subject, I'd be ok with Jack Frost as a wild card third party character for the newcomer batch. And that is Perfectly possible, much more than Golden Sun/ Advanced Wars or any other dead IP, and more possible than Ridley that's for sure.

I hope cloud and the FF characters fuck off.

Well, instead of a flamethrower he could instead have a charge beam that he fires from his mouth. It does 2x the damage of Samus', has a longer charge time, and a slightly slower travel speed. He should probably be a quicker rush down oriented character that hits hard, but has trouble actually killing in contrast to other villains like ganondorf or bowser. I imagine that he'd launch opponents diagonally toward the blast zone, similar to how Dark Pit rarely kills with his attacks for the same reason. Considering that Ridley is an intelligent being, he should rely more on good placement and hard reads to lead into good combos that lead into that last charge shot kill, similar to Samus, in some ways.

FUCKING ISAAC!

I rather the Space Marine or MASTERMA but lets be real, if any SMT gets in, it would be Flynn or the faggot from Apocalyse or the worst case Scenario, someone from persona. I would be okay with the Demi-Fiend or Aleph

Same guy swore by shovel knight in smash.

He's full of shit.

That wasn't that guy

Nice misinformation Jeb!

nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/rumour_fresh_sources_suggest_shovel_knight_is_indeed_digging_his_way_to_super_smash_bros

well just fuck my shit up fam you're right
but he's not the only one stating the rumor.
What now, phoenix wright?

Welp, pack it up everybody. OP is a dud.
See you in the next Smash thread or when someone spergs out over Smash in a fightan thread.

Laura Kate, another journo with 5guysburgersandfries at Nintendo also said the same thing.

Were there nude mods for Melee and Brawl?

I just realized that if Snake returns, I won’t even care that they will obviously be adding more faggot emblem characters and swordsmen from other games (Lloyd or Vyse would be fine). Then again, they’ll need to improve Snake’s moveset a bit.

To be fair here, anyone could say it and you'd probably be right anyway. No previous smash 4 player would want to get the new one if it didn't have any new characters.

There are nude mods for every female character in Brawl , except regular Samus.

I feel like the opposite would be true, honestly. They'd feel cheated for having supported the inferior earlier version only for it to be dropped in favor of an enhanced update made less than 3 years later.

It's not as bad as what Capcom has pulled with its SF udates but it's pretty damn close, and at least those didn't require you to get a new console.

Shantae. That's all I want.

whats the linux counterpart to photoshop, i'd get on it

Krita to draw, GIMP to edit.
GIMP has a shit interface but there's a single window mode that fixes that kinda.

gimp

GIMP is a horrible piece of shit. Even most GIMP developers hate it

Just use Krita for everything. Its not exclusively a drawing program

Emily Rodgers also claimed Mother 3 was coming stateside this in November, and Laura Kate is a known liar.

Don't believe the lies Jeb!

Damn, they're making it much harder for me to not want it.

I think most of this is simply happening due to the Wii u's failures, it does suck though. I remember reading that Nintendo was looking into making more Mario Kart 8 DLC. Which I guess just evolved into whatever is going to be on the switch now.

On the other hand though… we were told that Bayonetta and (who gives a shit) would be the last DLC characters a while back. Unless they purposely held back someone who was ready for the switch version, it's more along the lines of simply taking an opportunity than cheating.

it's the same game as 4 but with a few new additions, same with Mario Kart 9 or whatever the fuck they'll call it

I still go back to Splatoon but I haven't played Sm4sh in six months. That game has gotta be abandoned by anyone but the most serious autists by now.

It wasn't, you dumbass

L-cancelling is actually a very elegant mechanic. I'd miss it if they took it out.

I still just want a Black Mage.

As much as I enjoy l-canceling, I find that having a sort of auto l-cancel recovery allows weaker players accessibility, while being able to focus instead of reads and mindgames.

Did you just say Cloud Strife?

Would you like Dante and Adol Christian while we're at it? How about War, Crash and Halo while we're at it?

NINTENDRONES WILL
BUY THE SAME GAME
THREE TIMES

Don't talk shit about Spongebob

Smash Flash 2 has Black Mage.

I'm a good enough goy to buy the Switch on release as long as the price isn't ridiculous and I won't be buying it again. Smash 4 just lacks the magic.

basicaly this guy in a sanda hat

TOOBIG or Quote.
might as well hope

Can they remove Takamaru as an Assist Trophy and add it to the roster please?

Also, my guesses are Ice Climbers, Dixie Kong, K. Rool and Terra

I think 3 is a reasonable, likely amount of newcommers we can expect, and 5 isnt too far out but dont get your hopes up.
Personally I feel a Sun/Moon poke (likely Decidueye or hoever you spell it), Paper Mario, and Inklings are all the likely contenders with their recent games (Inklings less so recent, but their rise to popularity combined with how they werent able to get in already)
I also feel we are guarenteed one last 'Wildcard' Character, like how Ryu and Cloud were. Maybe they already blew their load but I feel like because those characters set a bar they need someone really special to keep it going (Personally I am hoping for Banjo-Kazooie in this category)

Personally, other than the ones I mentioned, I am hoping for a Golden Sun rep, and (while very unlikely) I would love Shovel Knight or Shantae as an Indie rep

When will you niggers learn

They made a lot of Wii U games after Sm4sh, I wouldn't be surprised if we got someone from those. Elma, Paper Mario and Ivan from Devil's Third could work.
Smash is their advertising platform for their other games, so expect to see a character from a game that's close to release. Splatoon makes sense in this case. Then again with the amount of times they shit out FE characters you'd think there would be more FE games.

Oh I almost forgot one thing
Seeing as how Mario Kart 8.5 (at least thats what it looks like) is adding double items, I would say its not unreasonable for the 'upgraded' Wii U ports to have real game-changers with what they add.
New characters are all fine and dandy, but maybe some new game modes? Or even a Story-Mode? I could really get into stuff like that instead of the bullshit mario party port we got.
Didnt sakurai even say he was planning new game modes a while ago (that we never got)?

Simon fucking Belmont better be one of them.

If Donald Trump doesn't become a character this is fucking dropped

Not gonna happen my man, as much as it pains me to say it.
My childhood dreams of getting Bomberman also died with Simon. It hurts

The same guy who was swearing up and down for months, up until Bayonetta's reveal, that the fan picked DLC character would be Shovel Knight?

If the dragonborn makes it, hopefully Doomguy does as well.

Shovel Knight actually might of been fun though that said Bayonetta was easily the best choice

I agree, it would have been a fun choice.

But that doesn't change the fact that Tamaki lied.

Think realistically guys, this is Sakurai you're on about. Easier to make, easier to add.

It's weird how Shantae is so adorable I can barely even have lewd thoughts about her.

Are meleefags happy now? they got HD melee. Now everybody can be happy.

They won't be happy because VC titles don't have online, and they want Melee+online.

there you go.

You can be your sweet boypussy we will get Smash Run and he will fuse the modes of the 3DS with the WiiU's for the Switch Smash 4

If it is the same guy then there is no way this information is coming form a reliable source
That being said, even if theres no solid confirmation, I would say that its very likely that at the end of the direct we will hear that long awaited Heartbeat and Swish at the end of January diect

Nah nigger I'd sooner prefer something more generally-iconic to Final Fantasy. My choices would be a Black Mage or Dragoon, I'd say Dark Knight but chances are it'd just be a self-harming Ganondorf with a sword. Knowing Nintendo they'd eschew all those choices and use a Chocobo

It is the same guy. You can look it up for yourself. He makes up Nintendo related rumors all the time.

I'd rather they add an Adventure mode like in Melee then new characters.

Where? From the same source that had it's credibility challenged in this very thread?
I mean it's better than nothing.

Now there's a good, nonrosterfaggy idea.

I live for the fucking Swish man.
and the fucking fire sound effects afterwards. Holy shit it hypes me up so much when the swish happens after directs.

Ah I didn't think of that, but thats very likely.
Smash run was fun from what I remember (WAY better than the shitty Mario party rip-off)
I could enjoy some couch multiplayer of that.

I see no reason why they cant do both
Adventure mode would be rad though

Its really gets me going too
The second I hear the heartbeat I know I am in store for a treat.

You're too positive /vr/ user
you're too radical for Holla Forums

I think we will definitely see some wild card third party character to catch everyone's attention and buy/repurchase the game. For sure it won't be another FF character.

You know, if this is real and they're remaking Smash Bros Wii U for the Switch… That means it's not backwards compatible with the Wii U.

It had a good year, and as soon as Iwata was assassinated they decided to ditch it. Mark my words, the stuff added into New Leaf was meant for a Wii U title ans BotW was delayed for the Switch and will get dumbed down for the Wii U so the Switch doesn't look like too much of crap in comparison.

never ever unless nintendo is investing in a continuation to Dark Dawn

I still think it would be Jack Frost, just like Pikuachu he's the IP's mascot. Although Flynn would be much more unique with different summon for every attack, or something like that.

Are you just figuring this out now?

You all know who you want to see in this game.

Is it confirmed for cartridges? I missed that.
Either way their dropping of the Wii U is Jewish and I can't wait for it to be a piece of crap that no one will buy, or buys and immediately returns.

plz no
Id be ok if she plays with Tricky and the staff and is unique, but plz no

Its always good to be positive
I am really hoping they bring back the full on animated trailers for these newcomers. It was a bit disappointing getting weird machinima trailers for the DLC characters, especially when the animated trailers were so much fun to watch.

No Backward compatibility was very much implied when we saw it used DS-esq Carts and with the lack of some form of touch screen (granted that's more of implied)
You might have something going on with that New Leaf theory, I was wondering why they added a bunch of stuff at seemingly random, and everyone knows BotW was delayed for the switch like how Twilight was for the Wii.
I cant reasonably see why a tablet will change how the game plays that much

It's in the reveal trailer.

>Overwatch's Tracer blinks to battle!

Also, EBgames fucked up and posted some switch accessories early, showing cartridge holders. Kek there aren't even going to be enough games out at launch to fill that case.

For what it matters I enjoyed Bayonetta's and cloud's, but mewtwo's and corrin's were shit.

Barry B. Benson confirmed for Smash!
Do ya like jazz?

I enjoyed clouds a lot, but mostly for sheer surprise factor
Bayo's was nice for the build-up to it (It was great hearing Sakurai say ''Finally, the Climax!')
Still I can only imagine how much nicer they would have been with the fully animated trailers the likes of Little Mac, Mega Man, and the like got.

EB is shit tbh

Well yeah. That just goes without saying.

Reminder that if one isn't announced this E3 DD will have gone longer without a sequel announcement than TLA did.

The funny thing is that would practically guarantee increased sales, at least to a small extent. But Sakurai is obsessed with problems that don't actually exist, so I doubt it'll happen.

Dude, if you keep this meme up it'll eventually become reality.

don't fuck around with meme magic
dubs for meme magic being real

you can't force dubs retard

ALL RIDLEYFAGS ON DECK

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

If they could make Wolf not a clone of Fox they can make Ridley not a clone of Charizard.

Modders did it, and with the Other M Ridley no less. They also fixed his Other M design too.

If they can, I'm sure paid professionals can do it easily.

Thread theme

Not likely, but I'd want to see Chibi-Robo, Shantae, Travis Touchdown, the Madworld guy

that would mean dlc. assuming this is real

He looks 2small

Will it finally happen?

Maybe if one of them was Tharja.

1. Goku
2. Inkling
3. Dragonborn
4. Rabbid

Dubs will come and bless posts if they see fit. I see.

Only if Tricky is part of her moveset

that's outdated considering she became ballot winner

Ridleyfags are dellusional if they think he'll be playable
Now K.rool on the other hand, has a legit chance

Won't they just add whoever was the runner-up from the previous ballot?

who's second place on the ballot? do we even know the official ballot results?

I don't play Smash but I want some literally-who Waifus to get added to the roster just so they can get more porn.

the question is, will squids be able to wear different clothes and accessories? looking fresh is a big part of the actual splatoon game. then again, jumping on heads is a big part of mario, and aside from footstool jumps its completely absent from his abilities.

youre alright, user.
after all, it used to be a thing for smash bros to include relatively obscure characters. id bet you a lot of people only heard of earthbound and ice climbers from smash bros. i certainly never heard of fire emblem until melee.

Yeah sure m8

No 3rd party characters.

Seriously, there are enough unused characters within Nintendo's licenses that they don't need MUH MEMEGAN.

Also you have shit fucking taste.

And first-up, the only recurring antag from Wario's games.

>Knowing Nintendo they'd eschew all those choices and use a Chocobo

Moogle Knight riding a Chocobo
You know you'd play it

They're just gonna add someone from Tokyo Mirage sessions.

considering that game bombed, I don't think so.

Why do faggots act like Melee is the best Smash Bros game? It's obviously not.

muh 20xx
muh fox vs fox
muh wavedashing
muh fast pace
muh long hitstun for epic combos

I agreed Melee was the more hype game before, but Melee meta has devolved into the dumbest shit when its fox vs fox vs fox vs fox vs one guy who plays jigglypuff

Fuck me, this is actually a very real possibility now.

Let us all wait patiently for january's Nintendo Direct

muh speed because the devs sped up the game for debugging and then forgot to revert it before it went gold
muh engine glitches because the game was rushed and none of the devs could have predicted some autists would still be playing it 15 years later
muh eight two viable characters because the game wasn't made with a balanced cast in mind

If it hadn't been for all-star Nintendo cast, the game being a sequel to the original Smash Bros and launch title for the GC, it would have never achieved the status it has now.
Ok, the speed thing is one thing Nintendo should have kept. Brawl felt supper fucking floaty and slow even for a casul like myself.

VOTING ANYONE BUT SNAKE

Chibi samus from federation force

yes it is. 64 is good, but Melee is fucking legendary. It took traditional fighting games and simplified the mechanics while evolving it at the same time. Melee is by far the best smash bros game, it was so good that Sakurai doesn't even add new mechanics or gameplay styles due to the fact that Melee pissed him off for having a remote skill sealing.

Now before you cry tourneyfag, I play these games casually and I don't even know how to wavedash. I do however have a love for Nintendo properties and good gameplay. The fact is that both Brawl and Smash 4 are just half assed Melee clones. They don't do anything new with their mechanics, nor do they dare switch up the control scheme a bit. Now I'm not saying make smash into a full fledged fightan game, but I am saying is that the ZL button can be turned into a utility button of sorts, where characters can have transformations, secondary attacks or trigger an event under a certain circumstance, not to mention that they should remove the end lag on aerials and make the game flow more seamlessly from land to air combat.

Also Nintendo needs to stop the assist trophy bullshit and just put in interesting characters regardless of popularity.

Ray 01 needs to be in a smash game.

Sakurai has recently complimented Persona 5 for its "monster designs" among other things.
I hope that means we'll see Jack Frost in the next Smash.

ENOUGH MARIOS ALREADY

honestly, I hope they don't put in 5 characters. That'll make the roster a tad bit too big.

2/3 would be decent enough imo, with a good balance patch to bump up some lower tiers

don't you mean Teddie?

God, I hope so. I want her so bad.

So how likely are we going to see the ff characters?:
Doomguy
Adam Jensen
Banjo and Kazooie
Duke Nukem
Rayman
Conker
Joanna Dark
Sam Fisher
Batman
Death or War from Darksiders
Some guy from CoD

forgot to mention Male/FemShep from Ass Effect just in case EA wants to put Assdromeda on the NS

That's why I want it in the game, or at least something like it. It's a nice entry-level tech skill for newer players looking to git gud, and casual players won't notice either way. Although, frankly, I'd be happy if Sma5h brings back any two of the following:

I don't mind if they want to make non-Melee games into a slower, more read-based game like Pokken, but there is a certain base level of platformer competency I would expect from a company like Nintendo. Tr4sh feels so sluggish and bad to play that even though I would love to play as fucking Pac-Man and Mega Man, I just can't bring myself to play the game as anything other than a casual time waster. The reward for precise tech like perfect pivots and bidou is the privilege of being able to move left and right with decent control over your character, which is almost insulting; I don't expect them to provide Melee movement, but I do want SOMETHING.

Don't even joke about such a thing

In what ways?
64 is good but lacks content and some mechanics in later games (more throws, side-specials, etc).
Melee built upon its mechanics and added a lot more content with great variety and replayability.
Brawl cut back on several mechanics, added some pretty bad ones, and while it was stuffed with new content much of it was rather lacking in quality.
Smash 4 removed one bad mechanic from Brawl, kept the rest, then said "fuck it" when it came to designing content.

Well, he's been on Nintendo once, I suppose. But nobody used him.

equipment is lame. i wish you could play custom move sets without equipment.

After the shit they've been pulling with recent titles (shitty localizations and cutting/censoring content, digital only versions, and STILL region locking their systems), I have no interest in getting the game let alone the system.

They'd never add a custom robo character in the game anyways (they didn't even acknowledge it's existence at all. No trophy, no items, no assist trophy, nothing).

and have euromuslims buy up all the american versions of games they'll never get? Nah fuck that.

Target Test and Adventure Mode

oh yes, they are going to buy all the digital games and we won't have any left
EU version is usually superior anyway

Dude! I am like the only other person here who thinks thats cool

Fixed.

The goodest of goys

They're going to add Sephiroth. Believe me, I'm a lawyer.

Abuse, not neglect.

One has to wonder why there are so many goddamn deranged (most likely self-diagnosed CURRENT YEAR) trannies in videogame "journalism".

My bet would be that they basically cannot function in society and this is the only "job" easy enough to do for them. And then they still fuck that up.

They've neglected F-Zero, haven't even bothered with Metroid since Other M, and have actively fucked up Paper Mario.
I forgot to mention Treehouse, and by slight extension, their refusal to fire a marketer who actively antagonized their fanbase until it was revealed she was a call girl for what I can only assume to be a market of closeted/repressed paedophiles.

I'm surprised his real name is nowhere to be seen, even in the ED article on him or on Jim Sterling and the "wife" he dresses up as

Still after 10 years of autism rage. Never fucking ever.

Look out, they're going to cry because you didn't mention marth.

I consider Fast Racing NEO to be the kind of middle finger to F-Zero that constitutes abuse, but yeah.
You didn't forget about Federation Farce, did you? That is one of the most effective ways I've ever seen to piss off a fanbase.
Like I said, abuse, not neglect. The reason I bother with the distinction is because neglect at least allows the previous games to be what they were. Everybody knows the Mega Man games are very solid platformers (with a few exceptions), and that library of games is still there if you want to play it. Abusing a series or IP (Metroid, Paper Mario) has to effects which are worse than simple isolation: the first is poisoning the well for any potential future installments due to publishers et al. not understanding enough about video games to know why people liked a given game or series in the first place. The second effect is, without fail, raising some tidal wave of ironic normalfags who will claim "the originals were never very good, aren't you glad the series grew up/evolved/buzzword of the week?"

I'd rather have nothing, personally. Halo is a prime example of the second point - the original Halo games were good for what they were, and solid shooters in spite of being hampered by a gamepad. Now that Halo 4 and Halo 5 exist, any unfavourable comparisons to the earlier games in the series are deflected by apologists as invalid since the previous games "weren't any good in the first place."

It's better to be left wanting more dessert than to have the waiter refill your pudding dish with diarrhea.

Does "Laura" even have an ED entry?

I'd like to elaborate that all three of the console makers have their shitty insiders. For example, last week, one of the first YouTubers who got to play the Crash remaster was spinning away lines of fruit and had painful traversing the first flight of steps in the first level.

I'll take the retard over the crazy tranny, though. I believe it was around this time last year he and Jim sicced their twitter followers on a developer for titling their game "Tranny Gladiators".

What? Fix your grammar, dude.

Link plz

I want to see this in action.

youtube.com/watch?v=K2Fo3Ip5Myc
WEBM coming right up

I'm two minutes in, and his retarded voice is already driving me nuts.

I think he might really have some kind of brain damage.

It was a 72MB MPEG, so I had to leave it at my.mixtape.moe/usfdsi.mp4

He slurs his words like an autist. I think he actually has aspergers.

and holy shit what did they do to crash's death noise? It sounds nothing like it should

It could also be tourette's or some other kind of disorder where the voice is moving faster than the brain can keep up.

Some easy fixes include slowing down enough to enunciate and keeping a rough outline of what you intend to say. Even autists like him can sound professional if they put the necessary effort into it.

Meme magic will ensure that Goku will eventually be playable, but Ridley will always be too big.