How the fuck did this become a franchise?

how the fuck did this become a franchise?
the first game is a huge piece of trash

Other urls found in this thread:

fair.org/take-action/media-advisories/iraq-and-the-media/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

casual pls go home

no u

HEY. Maybe It's fun
I know having fun is such a foreign concept to you, but give me a fucking break.

kill yourself

Because it's fun, you faggot.

Honestly, I just think its the simple character design

you know a lot about buttplugs don't you lad

First game was decently interesting as the hero of a world of legitimate cartoons, second game was bizarre and completely disjointed from the first one but was and is a pretty goddamn good game entirely on its own merits. Was never too fond of 3, Origins was great and had some nice (and pants-tightening) designs for the fairies, Legends was reused assets/10.

Back in my day people actually were invested in their trolling attempts.

Which leads to some deep autism among the fanbase. But it's the good kind of autism. The kind that gets old games running on more recent systems.

I don't cry reddit often, but seriously, get the hell out.

What did you not like about it?

Leave

neo/v/ at its finest

Rayman 1 was amazing get the hell out loser

You shut your whore mouth, the first game is the best one, even better than 2.

quality of games aside Rayman has always been a weak IP, and a poor man's mario.
Rayman 2 was the only solid game.

The only similarity is that you can jump.
Now you're just shitting the bed. Put some effort into it.

Rayman 2 is a masterpiece, you fucking n*gger

I don't think you guys have played Rayman 1 in a long time

You're a huge piece of trash.
The first game is the best one.

Aside from having to grind chests in an autistic way to finish the game, what's wrong with it?

Kill yourself. I'm serious.

Rayman 2 is the best 3D platforming game ever made. Rayman 1 is an amazing, colourful experience with great game-play.

I meant cages.

It's okay, user, it's been like 22 years or something.

Last time I played it was a few years ago.
Not twenty.

Oh, I see. I thought the last time you played it was n '96 or '97 or something. I remember playing it in '96 myself.

the first game was the fucking best rayman game. kill yourself

Christ user. Rayman is pretty cool, but it's not that good. Banjo-kazooie, Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, and a slew of others are all better. Rayman 1 is still on my to-do list though. Benn putting it off getting a copy for the longest time.

Maybe I'm just a huge faggot, but I hate Banjo-Kazooie and Super Wop 64. Of course Crash Bandicoot 1 is arguably the best 3D/2D platformer of all time, I'll give you that. I've played through Rayman 2 to 100% about 18 times since it released, and I still love the charm it has. I guess the only game that has as much charm is Super Wop 64, but I hate Jap shit. Being chased in the Cave of Bad Dreams, riding the walking shells, and even fighting bosses is still so satisfying to me. It was never about collecting shit like the other ones, but about enjoying the experience of platforming through the level. You barely even ever run into any enemies, they are very rare, it's more about enjoying the scenery and having pure fun.

you sage for off topic post. you dumb nigger. I am not going to bump a thread to shitpost.

Ends justify means, fag. Those were great.

let me stick my foot in your ass for shitting out a shit opinion

No fucking shit.

First game is great. Series didn't shit the bed until rabids cancer and even then recovered pretty well with Origins and Legends.

/thread

I've only played Origins, but if the other games are the same then the whole series is Meat Boy-tier trash.

How are Super Meat Boy and Rayman Origins similar beyond the 2D platformer genre?

They are worlds apart. Until you have played the first three you haven't played Rayman.

Shallow frustration platformers with no penalty for failure where you simply retry infinitely until you win.

That is, assuming the full game of Origins is the same as its demo.

Considering he got frustrated with Origins he might actually kill himself with Rayman 1 and 2.

Or you could get good and not fail as much as you do?
Clearing levels is not even the hard part in Origins.

But that's how all platformers work. Hell that's how all vidya works.
In any case, if you want a challenge you can't go wrong with the first one.

Rayman 1 is the most needlessly hard game I've ever played.

Sorry, perhaps that was confusing. Frustration platformer doesn't necessarily imply hard. Most are in fact easy as fuck because of the infinite retries and checkpoints. Frustration platforming is more about being incredibly shallow with little risk-reward dynamics going on where the only point is to test your patience. That's the vibe I got from the demo anyway. Felt just like any other shitty indie flash platformer. Perhaps other games in the series are more inspired, though.

Great games, but, really weak IP though, not much on an autistic fanbase that lures normalfags to it.

But there are no cheap deaths in the game. You seem to be averse to the whole concept of dying instead of anything specific to the game.

Maybe a better way to describe Origins would be "Adventure Island envisioned as a shitty flash game". Adventure Island is a very linear and simple platformer but it's a fun challenge that requires you to master its mechanics and seek to increase your very limited extra lives stock. I couldn't get into Rayman Origins on the other hand because the punishment for failure felt nonexistent and the success was unrewarding.

The game literally tells you about the continue item in the first level in the manual.
Not only that the average human is not going to beat that game in less than 5 hours. You are using a game with one of the most obnoxious design methods and levels as a metric of good difficulty. What the fuck m8?

In Adventure Island you play as a fat-ass asian game developer while you play as a limbless asian with a head that looks like a shoe in Rayman, they are pretty similar.

Your shitposting gets a pass from me because of that filename, I hadn't laughed as hard as I did when I heard that in years

These games here, at least, are top notch, truly masterpieces on their genres and completely underappreciated.

I recommend everyone here on Holla Forums to play then, starting with Origins and then Legends. Jungle and Fiesta are cellphone games, so, whatever.

Seriously, learn to recognize what's is good when it deserves.

Nobody in the thread ever mentioned it being hard

This is engrained into my being.

Simple the ultra comfy music. This music is so comfy it could calm a raging autist.

Bubsy got a sequel, I don't think anyone knows.

Play the playstation or dos version nigger.

It's the most fairy-tale-like game I've ever played, while also being kinda dark without being too edgy.

It's also one of the most atmospheriic ones (on par with Oddworld).

The OST reflects everything just perfectly.

I was so disappointed by Rayman 3 even as a kid when it finally came out.

So sad we'll never get Rayman 4, though…

The advanced version is special to me since it was the first game I got with my GBA. It was the only game I had for like 4 months so I played it to death.

when I was a 5-8yo kid I had a crush on Ly. Probably the first crush I've had

user, it's okay. Your mom is too busy sucking my dick to see you using bad words.

It's a great series of games with a good mix of comfy exploration and mechanical variety, but the wacky character designs and lack of complex lore keep normalfags and autists at bay so ut doesn't get all the attention it deserves. On the other hand that mostly prevents it from getting equivalents to Sonic Boom or Rockman Mobile so I'm sure it's for the best. The Rabbids games don't count, right? Do they even say Rayman in the title or are they their own thing now?

Fucking love the music in the original game. Level design was comfy but now I wanna play it just to hear those sweet, sweet tunes wash over me.

To be fair, Rayman 2 did try to have deepestlore and even had a sort of mental diary you had to fill out by collecting lumz.
In the end it's implied that Rayman is the only creature there not created by Gods and that no one knows how and why he came to be, so he's speshul
And, frankly, I'd love Rayman to have a bit more lore if it was based specifically on the world and feeling of Rayman 2.

I first played Rayman 2 when I was about 20 and still wanted to do immoral things to her.

Rayman looks objectively worse than Mario, given his model is so easily doable due to overly simple design. Even kirby has more effort with great detail on kirby's expressions.

Rayman is a poor man's mario because its 3d platforming (and 2d) is inferior to the mario platforming.

Only game which had higher level of gameplay quality was 2.

Comparing Rayman to Mario isn't quite an apt comparison.
When it comes to 2D platformers, there are three main types:
Acceleration platformers: Mario, Meat Boy
Physics platformers: Sonic
Direct platformers: Mega Man

Rayman does not have a large focus on acceleration in its movement mechanics, and is largely more vertically-based than most Mario games, so it would be better compared to a game like Mega Man.

Just saying.

That's not how this works.

Don't know much about Legends, but if it's anything like Origins, then it's fucking great.
>tfw got it for free on Uplay
>tfw getting Assassin's Creed III free on Uplay right now

Legends is much better + it includes ALL levels from Origins (except for the secret one), despite itself being just as large of a game if not bigger (and you actually gotta clear everything for 100%).
So it's kinda like Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

You best be joking nigger.

Also, Rayman 2 in 1080p (like the GOG version) still looks great.

Rayman is one of the most cozy 2D platformer, kill yourself my man.
Only thing about the franchise I don't get is how Origins and Legends are considered so good when they're so easy and narrow.

assassins creed 3 is horrible.

I own it. I've never played it.

Old Job Tron did a video on it, a lot of people know my boy.

I seriously can't tell who's trolling who here.

Bubsy is a series 4 games long. The one people forget is the Atart Jaguar one, which is rare and, judging by youtube vids/reviews, the worst 2D one

(checked as fuck)
They foresaw the coming of ulillillia

Ubisoft is part of a publicly funded conglomerate in France. They don't have to make good game, they just made them. Prince of Persia and Asscreed are the same. They make a shit game and nothing matters, they'll just remake it to spend some money to show public officials they're working. Then they just sit back and suck up the cash unknowingly sending all jobs to eastern Europe and India.

I hope you were thinking of the last two PoP games that came out when you said that.

I want to fuck Barbara.

if you're gonna compare rayman to megaman x then we can be very sure Rayman is just a poor man's megaman.

Ubisoft has never, ever, EVER made a good game. In comparison to other IPs ubisoft is stale.

life is a piece of trash but we carry on anyways

but does it have fairy tits?

_no

All the nymphs are superior

My niggers.

Which Rayman was the one with all the learning games? I remember that one from my childhood.

shit b8 m8 i am not at all ir8. i r8 0/8.

Rayman has always just been that weird European attempt at making a video game mascot. It was always just slightly off. The poor man's Mario or Sonic. It's the video game equivalent of Turkish Star Wars.

That said, as a big fan of platformers, I've beaten 1, 2, and Origins. 3 never hooked me even though I tried to get into it. The three I did beat are purely mediocre. I see no reason why they are considered above the likes of other forgotten platformers like Croc or Gex. In fact, I'd say Gex is a better series in general. The first one is 2D and better than Rayman 1, and the second and third are 3D and better than Rayman 2 and 3, despite Rayman 3 being a whole generation later.

It's neither like Mario nor Sonic. If for you a game is to be judged based on its popularity or how much it sold, then you're a normalfag and belong on reddit. You're also using "poor man's [insert title here]" incorrectly you faggot.

Origins I can't get into. Rayman 2 is just fun and endearing but it's not particularly challenging. As for the first one it cannot possibly be called "mediocre".

They're not. I don't know where you got that idea from. Rayman simply has a stronger following due to its style and the autism factor. As I said it's endearing. It's vastly different in its tone and atmosphere from anything out there, there's a charm to it. Also the music is fucking gorgeous. That's it.

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
why would you want to?

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws

t. man from irrelevant family

Oh fuck. It's Bui's spam. What the fuck, man?

What the fuck is the purpose of this shit

Maybe he's upset over those Holla Forums threads laughing at the furfag.

Yeah, I'd bet this is someone trying to get revenge cuz /furry/ got spammed the other day.

tl;dr - faggot got angry that no one on /erp/ wanted to typefuck him, so he set up this script that spams random posts from cuckchan onto a board from random proxies so they can't be banned or deleted all at once.

He did this to /erp/ and /furry/ and now he's doing it to Holla Forums and /a/

Where have you been for more than a month
/furry/ is dead.

Furfags truly are the scum of the Earth.

t. someone who is to young to remember the Bush administration

fair.org/take-action/media-advisories/iraq-and-the-media/

I have a strange relationship with the game. I don't really like it for what it is, but for what it tried to be. It's rich with neat gameplay mechanics that were half-assed. Unfortunately, the only good mechanic Ubisoft took away from the game was sailing.

Was this really needed?

Now PETA is going to break into the friend's house, steal the dog, then euthanize it.

Good job fag.

I can't say anything for Croc, as I haven't played it, but Gex as a character is nothing but unfunny pop-culture jokes repeated ad-nauseam. The 3D games in particular have bad cameras and controls. Gex is barely above the likes of Bubsy and the only reason I can fathom anyone likes him is through heavy nostalgia.

Rayman at least has good controls and doesn't constantly talk like he's starving for attention. Rayman's world is also imaginative and charming instead of just being a cheap parody of various kinds of TV shows. And the boobs aren't 3dpd.

The first game was great. It was like a French Earthworm Jim.

So why does he have no arms and legs?

It's been on my wishlist at Amazon for a few months. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Probably gonna toss it on while I'm doing x-mas shopping.

You really need this explained to you?

Sambo is a joke