The Art World on Trump:

ctheory.net/ctheory_wp/portrait-of-the-45th-president-of-the-united-states/

"Michelle Kuo, editor of Artforum, writes in the January 2017 issue that with Donald Trump as the next president of the United States “Art must counter image with image—constructing pictures but also precipitating their undoing, their disruption, their unmooring.” I fully agree. Just after his election, I took official Wikipedia photo portraits of The Donald and with the acidity of a golden shower buried these images in gilded visual noise: denying (to some degree) Trumplethinskin’s recognizable presence in the resulting series of computer-robotic assisted paintings and animations called Portrait of the 45th President of the United States. The idea of this series is to symbolically refuse to acknowledge Trump. To stop reproducing him and his brand. To bury him in a shower of visual noise."

Attached: Portrait-of-the-45th-President-of-the-United-States.jpg (440x288, 47.52K)

😂👌

Like this kinda shit?

Attached: ioph9997l.png (495x640 1014.53 KB, 919.56K)

Eww, I actually managed to forget about these. Those paintings are worse than our gore threads to look at in my opinion, of course.

This
But you forgot the pretends PS is a robot aspect, you know computers and shit.

Life imitates art.

Attached: losdostrump.jpg (2202x842, 307.6K)

Nikolai Shmatko: "I just looked at his face, and the heavenly powers told me that he – Donald Trump – would become the President of the USA"

Attached: Nikolai Shmatko.jpeg (667x1000, 514.81K)

speaking of the art world, can we do something about bullshit funding?

Attached: OpenTheBooks_Oversight_Report_-_National_Foundation_on_the_Arts_and_Humanities_FINAL.pdf.png (1407x1438 921.83 KB, 574.02K)

checked

What a fucking asshole.

what's the matter, nigger artist so jealous of white beauty and history that he had to use old white clothes instead of african ones?

Attached: 08ca3f7df0e2bbfe08919cc863279e4b6374c715d6331effcf0685650bf49ff3.png (750x750, 487.46K)

Yes please, let’s.

Not just old whitey clothes, but also floral patterns ripped right off of whiteys old-fashioned wall papering. These are literally paintings in which an apefrican killed the original white subject of the painting and took her place. It's so salty and so envious of white people I can't believe the artist was capable of showing it to the world. Shits just embarrassing. Look up this artist and see if they have done any new or innovative techniques. I guarantee the artist is just using all the methods given by ol racis why-t/

Wiley often references Old Masters paintings for the pose of the figure.[11] Wiley's paintings often blur the boundaries between traditional and contemporary modes of representation. Rendered in a realistic mode—while making references to specific Old Master paintings—Wiley creates a fusion of period styles, ranging from French Rococo, Religion of Cuck™ic architecture and West African textile design to urban hip hop and the "Sea Foam Green" of a Martha Stewart Interiors color swatch. Wiley's slightly larger than life-size figures are depicted in a heroic manner, as their poses connote power and spiritual awakening. Wiley's portrayal of masculinity is filtered through these poses of power and spirituality.

Wiley's Napoleon Leading the Army Over the Alps (2005) is based on Napoleon Crossing the Alps (1800) by Jacques-Louis David, often regarded as a "masterpiece", now restaged by Wiley with an African rider wearing modern army fatigues and a bandanna. Wiley "investigates the perception of blackness and creates a contemporary hybrid Olympus in which tradition is invested with a new street credibility".[12]

His portraits are based on photographs of young men whom Wiley sees on the street. He has painted men from Harlem's 125th Street, as well as the South Central Los Angeles neighborhood where he was born. Dressed in street clothes, his models were asked to assume poses from the paintings of Renaissance masters, such as Tiziano Vecellio and Giovanni Battista Tiepolo. Wiley describes his approach as "interrogating the notion of the master painter, at once critical and complicit." His figurative paintings "quote historical sources and position young black men within that field of power". In this manner, his paintings fuse history and style in a unique and contemporary manner. His art has been described as having homoerotic qualities.[13] Wiley has used a sperm motif as symbolic of masculinity and gender.[14][15][16]

Holy shit it's even worse than I thought. This loser just copies the poses and layouts of all the old masters. This freak must fucking hate himself. All he can do is symbolically graffiti the work of superior artists. HOLY SHIT.

The "artist" just takes European art and paints nigger faces on them.

I think that's actually supposed to be the message of the painting. Sort of a "Your time is up, cracker. WE'RE the kangz now." Of course, you and I can recognize how cringey and embarrassing it is, but to the negro mind, it's not embarrassing at all, but rather something to be proud of.

No, it's better than that. From a 2012 article about Kehinde Wiley, the Obama portrait artist:

That's so fucked up. Why even call yourself an artist at this point? He's just a wealthy commissioner.

Because he's being paid to demoralize whitey, not create beauty.