What are some good PC flight sticks for me to look at? I was thinking about getting one for flight games and mech sims...

What are some good PC flight sticks for me to look at? I was thinking about getting one for flight games and mech sims, but I'm completely ignorant on anything about them.

I like my Qanba, but they're a bit overpriced.

Elaborate, please.

Well I'm pretty sure there isn't such a thing as mech sticks.

There's the steel batallion controller but it's gay

There is the virtual on sticks.

I looked that up, but all I could find were arcade sticks.

How much are you looking to spend and do you have any idea what your preference is in terms of heavy vs light resistance?

How much can a good stick go for? As for resistance, I really don't know.

A setup with modules for Scam Citizen.

This joke writes itself.

Fucking mad catz

Anything less than $30 is almost certainly trash, and even the $35 to $60 range tends to lack consistent build quality. My standard recommendation for an entry level "heavy stick" used to be the Thrustmaster t16000m, but we're at a weird place timewise where they've discontinued the old model and the new one isn't widely available yet, so I'm not sure where prices are going to settle. The old model ran $40 but punched well above its weight in terms of response and build quality, I'm not surprised it's been a success for Thrustmaster.
The standard entry level light resistance joystick is the Logitech 3D extreme pro, which runs under $40, but you'll almost inevitably need to replace it within a few years. The high end light stick would be one of the CH products fightersticks, which will probably last you forever.
There's also the Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X if you want to try an inexpensive Hotas system for around $40. Again. it definitely won't last forever at this price point.

If that's all, then I can go the more expensive route. Hotas is definitely what I'm looking for.

I hear good things about the X56 Rhino, but cor blimey that price tag. I also find it a bit of a pain in the taint to aim with a joystick. I'd be happy with a stand alone HOTAS and my mouse, personally.

Then I'd recommend either going with the t16000m Hotas at $130 or a CH throttle (at $120 by itself) and whatever stick you find you like, especially if the t16m is too heavy for you. Personally I like the heavy pull.
I'd really try to find time to go into a Fry's or whatever and waggle a few sticks just to get a feel for what seems natural to you, as there's a pretty extreme spread in terms of resistance. If it helps, heavy sticks are generally considered to be more dogfighting oriented, and are frequently used in the lap, where light sticks tend to be more oriented towards general flight sims, and are oriented towards leaving on the desk and being used with a light touch.

How's this thing (Logitech G Saitek X52)? It was "top rated" on Amazon, but I don't really trust that.

If I were to buy my first HOTAS now I would buy the Thrustmaster T1600M. I already own the X52 and as soon as I have a lot of disposable income I'll buy the TM Warthog.

flight stick user

The X52 is plastic plastic plastic. It's the standard beginner HOTAS because it's cheap and it shows but it has enough buttons to be useable. Typically the X52 doesn't look like in that picture but is silver/blue.

hue

I got one of those as a gift
I don't know jack shit about flight sticks and I hardly play games with mine but from what I can tell it works well and feels good to use
The little guard over the missile button is incredibly satisfying to switch up and down

If you want something on the cheaper end of the scale, Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X is pretty good. I ran through Mechwarrior 4 with it a while ago and had no trouble.

Personally, I'm torn between my actual HOTAS and my dual-stick setup.

Are there any throttles on the market that support more than one engine and don't look like shit?