Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Am I the only one who was disappointed with the plot of this game? I just get dumped into a situation where I'm a nobody, and being bossed around by some triad leader I don't even like. Gameplay wise, it's great, but everything else was just so meh.

The walled city seemed like an interesting place that I wanted to investigate, and the focus of the game was about it, and you spend next to no time there at all, even though it's the main threat.

The runs themselves are fun and interesting, but they were unconnected to the main plot. I didn't ever feel like progress was being made. I'm just searching for a guy I'm not given much reason to care about, when I want to be researching the Yama King which is an actual threat instead. In Dragonfall, everything you do is connected to your main goal. I'm not saying everything has to be, but it just felt like in HK I was doing random runs until an event happened.

The city you're in isn't very engaging compared to the Flux State, which you actually had a reason to care about. I felt like I could actually affect and progress the flux state, whereas in Hong Kong, I was just sort of there. Even Shadowrun Return's hub is more engaging than Hong Kong's.

Also, what was up with being fucking broke the entire time? None of the spells I wanted were ever available and I could never afford them when they were. In DF I at least had enough money to use what I wanted, and it wasn't overpowered.

The characters are interesting, and I hear the epilogue is great, but I just have no motivation to finish the game. Anyone else have problems with this title?

All the reviews I've seen of it have also complained about the plot which was why I ended up getting Dragonfall instead of it.

Glory and Eiger are fucking A tier characters.

None of the characters in HK are worth giving a shit about.

Gaichu and Racter were actually interesting, the hooker trash and the Ethiopian were garbage though. Duncan was a cutout with nothing going on. TBH, the side missions were more interesting than the main quest.

You really need to be a fan of the HK movie tropes to appreciate it, but yeah it's a shame then didn't give you a looser leash.
You only need the ~350 bucks grenade launcher from the prologue and the auto reload arm to dominate the entire game. Getting the las rifle, some shaman walls or the cyberwhip is just plain OP. And the fucking cannon from the DC literally broke my game.

The side characters/merchants were also pretty good.

OK, apparently it's 500 in HK but still a bargain considering it will carry you most of the game. Also the taser is surprisingly nasty.

Seriously though the nig was actually one of the least likeable characters in any game I've ever played, could tolerate fucking Rosh more.

Yea but Gaichu isn't a chink, anyway I enjoyed the cast from HK way more than DF, although the dwarf was a complete affront to shortstacks.

Obligatory "I want to climb the Eiger" post.

Figures.

Not enough.

As for Honk Kong I liked the DLC, the hub was much worse than Dragonfall, the story was slightly worse, the new matrix was fucking terrible, I'd say there were an equal number of well written characters, missions had more skill checks.

It wasn't an outright improvement on Dragonfall by any measurement but It was enjoyable enough that I would definitely play another HBS Shadowrun.

I'd recommend finishing up the epilogue/dlc, it's combat heavy but the encounters are actually well designed and there is a character related ethics choice as opposed to a black & white plot choise.

please go away

Gee, i'm sorry, next time i hope the game makes you pick what dangerous and deadly triad leader you get to be threatened from.
That's how it works in real life, when you get involved in the mob they bring you into a white room and a row of mafia leaders walk up to you, shake your hands, and you get to press a button to choose who you're going to work for.

My bad user. Here, the full naked view.

Honest to god I liked the exact opposite of what you mentioned as bad. The simon says was kinda bullshitty towards the end but it was simple and engaging enough, and the matrix combat played a bit differently then the one in DF. For one I actually tried to maintain stealth as opposed to simply charging the countermeasures.

And I genuinely preferred the chink slum over the german slum. It had some local personality while the DF only had Altug and that one Metro2033 mission with the raider station.

And this was broken bullshit for me. Shit items, railroaded like it's not even funny and unbelievably buggy. I would've preffered if they did what they did for DF - make some more missions to pad out/fix the OC.

I generally like the characters since I'm also into HK movies.

I hate the new character models and portraits though. Also I can't fucking decide on a proper build, I keep restarting like a dumbass.
FFFFFFFFF

Let's not try to bait here Gobbet is waifu material Eiger is too they are both top tier for their respective games.

This is the correct approach. Shadowrun power rankings are, in order from best to worst:

Gobbet is hippy trash shit tier and if Dragon fall was real, she would have burned to death in that Oakland warehouse fire.

Only bad thing about Dragonfall is a problem that plagues the series; the horseshit cheaty RNG.

>get minigun

On Dragonfall my custom Elf gunner killed the end boss in one turn and broke the game he had like 16 ap from buffs and max quickness with an assault rifle.

Also Gobbet was soaking wet for my PC (pretty much JC Denton) so she'd take on good traits to get closer to him as seen in her side mission where she has some character development and becomes a better person also the rat spirt would tell her to GTFO the burning building just like she escaped her last crew getting wiped.

My player character would make her wear a sundress and then make her lift it up and expose her very hairy orc slit to him and she'd be blushing and turning her head away slightly while doing so.

That's some autistic larping. But I can dig it.

What don't you think about what your character will do after the game ends?

Also Orcs only live until they are like 40 so her biological clock would be going insane around a cybernetically enhanced alpha male who has a mini gun she'd be begging him to breed her and make her his Orc breeding sow.

The fucked up part is that my character is immortal whereas an Orc druid pretty much has to die because of the 'nature' and 'life cycle' bullshit.

The what now?

He means orcruid.

Goblinoid non-Hermetic Gifted Individual

That makes even less fucking sense but ork shamans are a thing in sr and their life-expectancy is about 35 to 45 years. So, there's no reason why they can't survive longer then that with magic, medicine, strong survival instincts and a milspec gatling chad in front of them.

They just gotta turn into trees.
They're already green, shouldn't be hard

>>>/420/

I can dig it.

Shaman…

I always get these two mixed up.

I liked the muscular ogres over the ones from the previous games. The portraits were pretty ass for anyone who didn't play as one of the canonically uglier races, though.

Use a custom portrait.

Imho the entire Yama King drama felt too forced. It would have fully sufficed if the main antagonist would have been the corrupt police official (though to be entirely fair, they let you kill her in the director's cut version of the game).

That being said, I liked the overall team from Hong Kong better, especially Gobbet and Racter (and naturally everyone's favorite, Koischei).

What idiot came up with the idea of not allowing easy custom portraits in the first place? Or did they fix that with HK? I remember having to replace one of the existing images for it to work.

Disgusting tbh. Besides, Eiger's a dyke and, even if she wasn't, she'd break your pelvis

Faggy elf boy detected.

I sort of wish at some point more characters could have come back, for example having lucky strike becoming a team mate in the HK dlc could have led to some great moments with Racter, and having former Dragonfall or DMS characters appear as competing runners or quest NPC's could have been cool if handled well.

Still gotta replace I'm afraid. Everything about the custom content in the Shadowrun games is unfortunately bad; people expected it to be like NWN for Shadowrun but the engine has no persistence, no model import and nowhere near the level of content customisation.

I still hope they'll work on another one and fix these issues but considering they didn't in two sequels and managed to make the matrix worse I somehow doubt it.

She's the epitome of Biowarean character design: a bisexual former cult member and stronk independant womnyan who was abused by her evil white pro-human dad and who fucked anything with a pulse 'cos that's what freedom means to women but who is now traumatised 'cos reasons and has nothing but darkness in her heart so you have to suck up to her and feel nothing but sympathy for her retarded life choices in order to complete her cookie cut sidequest in which you play sidekick-in-chief because this is HER STORY.

Eiger flipped the bioware dialogue on its head: instead of telling her what you think she wants to hear you have to man the fuck up and stand your ground, she goes from adversarial bitch to begrudging ally to quiet respect and finally total bro, drinking beers and fuckin' shit up. I wanted to climb that mountain but cared too much for her by the end to want to risk losing that bro-ship. Who knows maybe one day.

I couldn't agree more user, what's more the game FORCES you to adhere to this underworld grandma. The changes to the hacking were awesome, but the story made me feel like my character was dragging their feet wherever they went – only felt truly connected to the orc dude and can't even remember his name which is a bad start.

Dragonfall is definitely the greater of the 3, but everyone who played Dragonfall knew HK had some big shoes to fill to avoid becoming a disappointment. I couldn't even bring myself to complete the game; I just started to lose interest which I hadn't even done for Dead man's switch and we all know that was as bare-bones as they come. HK make me feel like nothing I could do really had any real consequence anyway. I might give it the benefit of the doubt soon, but for the most part it just feels quite empty.

HBS is literal SJW white genocide marxist bullshit.

Biggest problem I have with shadowrun is how useless it feels like to go anything besides but combat skills and charisma. There never seems to be anything that really involves decking or makes it worthwhile.

are they the only fuck pockets you can schmooze in SR:DF?

nigga, nearly every mission has opportunities for decking, it's almost mandatory to have Blitz on your team at all times or be a Decker yourself
SMGs and Rigging only became truly useful in HK, however

Why did you post them all separately like that? You can post multiple webms into a single post.

It wouldn't let me post them all together, or split into 2 per post.

There'd be just too much used up whore per post otherwise. :^)

no shit, first webm had to be posted by itself because 10mb
the rest you could have tho

What are you a fucking baby? Get some bone lacing you fucking faggot.

I think Dietrich politely turns you down if you make any advances, so yeah. But it's not like you'd even want anything else except Eiger anyway.

Not even the notturk loli?

I never tried to get anywhere with Kami, but I don't think you can get much beyond trying to compliment her. Don't think she's a loli either, and if she was I'd be even less interested.

She was 14 or something so borderline loli, maybe? And her last talk was something along the lines of you're kinda cute, for an older brother type.