What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=N_YmPkh68uY)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Cobain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

viral marketing on chans

They're nihilist aging Gen Xers.

They're nearly as cucked as the Boomers and their testosterone is waning.

Gen Xers are generally pretty redpilled.

Mike's relationship with alcohol.

They started going to shit around 2014, but the real nails in the coffin happened around late 2015/early 2016

1. Poor Half in the Bag TFA review where they gush over the movie undeservably.
2. Space Cop gets released and is pure shit, showing they don't still don't have any actual film making talent as they're in their 40s and are still making the same shit they were when they were teenagers, which is why they use irony as a veneer to hide their insecurities.
3. Plinkett TFA review spent over half the review backtracking to the prequels, and when it got to reviewing TFA, Mike obviously didn't have any interest and completely half assed it.
4. Pre Rec highlights how cancerous AIDS is (hooktube.com/watch?v=N_YmPkh68uY) and how Rich Evans is the embodiment of the whiny manchild stereotype.

What was wrong in 2014?

Space Cop. It showed they understand nothing about movies, despite presenting themselves as people with high acknowledge of moviemaking.

In 1999, a little impossible to satisfy faggot went to see The Phantom Menace. His assmad was so legendary it ruined Star Wars.

Pre Rec started and quality of analysis in HitB episodes started dipping.

RENT FREE

>>>/rentfree/

It baffles me that a person could literally think that a universal id linking your real life identity, could possibly be a good idea.

You can stop, we know you became a vol by sucking our BO's micropenis.

Christ, was is really that long ago?

In our BO’s defense, his penis was large enough to gag a boar of thirty stone.

One thing that doesn't get touched on is how they'll shift their opinions to be contrarian to fanbases. They almost twisted themselves into a pretzel reviewing TLJ to shit on people who loved the movie or hated it, to the point where no one could tell their thoughts on the movie by the end. It's the most bizarre thing to watch them shit on people being obsessed and fanboish, yet they were still mad enough to make 3 hours worth of criticism about the prequels a decade after release. Sure, writing a 108 page ring theory response is autistic, but the script for the Plinkett reviews is probably the same length or more.

Nothing.

That's more like early millennials.

They look more manchildish than Kevin Smith.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Cobain

Of course millennia cucks worship him to so to impress their do-nothing, retarded Gen X elders.

Historical revisionism. Gen Xers were too old for that shit.
My Gen X parents hate him

I'd say it started when they revealed their JJ Abrams fanboy levels and let it get in the way of their reviews to such an extent that they turned on their fans and starting giving zero fucks about any real quality.

20 years now.

I now understand why they hated The Phantom Menace so much.

Gen X was mostly on high school/uni when Nirvana was in its heyday. Nirvana was the shitty Gen X band, the millenials had Linkin Park and other earlier 2000s garbage.

So that's what Rich Evans looks like with hair.

Why do people hate Nirvana? I don't get it.

Gen X were the punks, metalheads, goths, etc. in the 80s. The 90s is when the pop music started imitating those cultures.

Looking at that, I think a big part of why their quality went down was due to splitting the older, weirder movies into Best of the Worst and re:View. Or maybe they just went on for too long.

This. I knew that their review of ST2009 was gonna be shit and biased from how much they crap talked Berman and seemed like they just wanted ANYTHING that wasn't his vision. Granted, Berman was a cuck but JJ was worse yet they sucked his schlong like the thirsty bitches they are. Seems like they gave honest reviews until they got popular enough for studios to take notice of them (prequel bash viral vids) then took the payoff for whatever they were gonna "review" next. That's their business model, get famous, then sellout and get paid.

They're whiny as fuck and inspired the worst generation of musicians ever

not enough racism tbqh

Spacecop is the RLM equivalent of Doug Walker's Demo Reel show, or Linkara's Lightbringer. These people talk about and indulge in these hobbies endlessly. It's their everyday life. It's their fucking job to understand a certain kind of media. Moreover, their shtick as reviewers is to point out all the stupid shit that other people do that make their movie or comic or show bad… And then they turn around and make awful shit that is every bit as as deserving of a 30-50 minute "review" video as any of the shitty easy targets that their fans recommend for them to review.

Well the Chinese seem to like it.

1. mike stocklasa is a kike
2. mike stocklasa is a cuck
3. they appeal to reddit
4. they live on patreonbux and disneybux so they deliver what is (((required)))

This is most visible in their Last Jedi review. You can see it particularly on Mike and Jay's faces. In the fact that all three keep saying "I like this… in theory." about every single element of the movie. It's all things they've specifically asked for over and over again, and it doesn't work. The result was a nightmare. Rich gives up the most by asserting this is the fault of the franchise itself, that there's just "not that much you can do" with a multi-billion dollar franchise spanning galaxies worth of planets, hundreds of species and cultures, and dozens of unique novels and video games.

There's plenty more to do here Rich, it just can't be done by progressives. Kennedy clearly just wants to turn the entire franchise into being about her politics. Men are bad, women are good. White men are villains, diversity is good. It's okay to kill bad people, but not to fight them. Men must be shirtless sex symbols, women need to be flat-chested, ugly and in charge.

The prequels went from "mediocre" "okay I guess" "kind of boring" "disappointing" before the Plinkett reviews to widely seen as the worst thing ever afterwards. They did a good job of destroying confidence in him, though in fairness he did the rest of the job himself.

Do they really have that much influence? I never heard of them until I started coming to Holla Forums

Even before RLM a big part of the Star Wars fanbase considered the prequels the worst thing ever. RLM just made this fanbase more vocal, and turned prequel hate into a meme. Coincidentally it was during the same time when the 'nerd culture' was turning mainstream, so normies started hating the prequels as well.

More like, what went right? These fucking faggots conjured up the most dishonest piece of shit review for faggots to latch onto, thinking it was legit when it was filled with outright lies, exaggerations, half-truths and strawman-arguments.

These bunch of faggots were whining about how the Star Wars-prequels raped their childhood or something. But if you actually compare them to the original trilogy they are not only above the originals in cinematographical standards, but also in storytelling. The prequels are one of the finest examples of space opera there has ever been released and the fact is, this group of plebs who only wanted "muh Luke, Han Solo, Darth Vader" didn't understand it. They only wanted the shallow things with Star Wars, the familiar stuff like the Millenium Falcon, which is why they couldn't see past how horrible of a movie The Force Awakens was, because all they saw was those nostalgia-bait stuff on the screen.

Finally it's fun to see them lose the respect they had on the internet. Finally it's nice to see people saying good stuff about what was a good set of movies. Finally it's nice to be able to discuss a fine piece of art without having some neckbeard with way too much confidence shoving those horrible "reviews" in my face for trying to teach all these normalfags something.

RLM is responsible for the current state of Star Wars, and you know what they did? They BRAGGED about that in their TFA review. Fuck these cucks.

How?

They revealed themselves to be unironic hacks and sort of just gave up.

They talked about how they had an influential review, how many views it got over the years, and alluded to them being the reason George sold the franchise. I think it's around the 50 minute mark though I'm not dedicated enough to make a clip at this point

I honestly don't get how they became more popular than the 10000s of other people doing this exact same thing. I mean I guess they have a set, are less spergy (barely) and it's called RLM instead of The Irritable Movie Men. People are not over this shit by now?

Not my experience tbh

No one watches internet personalities for their insight into things because as you say they are all plebs with the same uninteresting opinions of millions like them, they watch them because hearing people, even ones on a screen, banter about shit helps against crushing loneliness. They are just virtual friend simulators.

Making vids became their main source of income.
So they started to cater towards popular opinion to keep a constant flow of money.

That's why old people watch TV, too.

But he's completely accurate. The only thing Star Wars is good for is selling plastic shit and bad tie-in novels to fanboys, children, and fanboy manchildren.

Now this is goodposting

>>>/reddit/
>>>/rlm/
>>>/oven/

Harry Potter tier tbh

What generation of musicians would that be?

Nirvana definitely didn't invent the grunge genre if thats what you mean. The Seattle grunge scene had been developing since like the late 80s

Is this an epic new meme all the 12 year olds are throwing around these days?

only the most pleb normalfags cared about the prequels after watching aotc. yes tpm was popular the moment people were actually watching it.
the rest of what you said is just you admitting you hang out with faggots

Search your feelings, RLMdrone.
You know i am right.

EVERYONE SHUT UP AND TURN OFF YOUR PESKY ADBLOCK, NEW VIDEO

He cited in his example scenes from AotC and RotS dummie

guess which band was part of that scene

Whatever happened to that redheaded girl who wanted to fuck Jay?

blacks don‘t count

I was there day one as well. Went to TMP at Downtown Disney. Took the GF. Was super pumped, everyone else was too at first. As the show went on, that died down until it was just a regular crowd. When it was over and we were leaving, the GF asked "so did you like it"? I was very mixed. I had a pretty good time at the show, but still felt like it wasn't a SW movie. Thats the prevailing thought process about the prequels, they are fun, but they aren't SW. They miss that kino on so many levels, you could rename each movie something else and nobody would care, just another generic Sci-fi show.

Plebs.

She's getting married very soon.

Rich fucked her.

You mean raped? Shouldn't he be in prison then?

aaaaaaannnd dropped

aaaaaaannnd reported

They went full e-celeb shill appealing to the reddit audience whilst trying to reference le funny internet culture.

Now their just some 40-year-olds who make their money criticizing capeshit and marketing for Disney. The passion is gone; they don't give a fuck about what they watch anymore and desperately hope Google won't pull the plug.

blocks your path

kek

Unironically agree

I think it's just an argument proposed by people butthurt about internet trolls.

This is your average Star Wars fan.

Mike should lose weight and dye his hair green again.

When will Mike disavow his alt-right white nationalist fans?

Their re:View of Pink Flamingos removed any remaining ambiguity – Jay praised a movie where a drag queen gleefully ate dog shit while staring at the camera.

Sauce?

no one even knows who they are, even me. seriously, who the fuck are these cucks?

oh shit a soy/pol/ meeeeeme

oh shit a butthurt traaaaanny

heh, so fucking soy

goy

Holy fuck Mike looks like a punkrocker

Yeah, instead we got emo Vader and "midichlorians"

MFW people think that was a good trade.

lose weight, go outside and have sex

I'm already severely underweight and I'm posting from my phone.
Will you have sex with me, user-kun?

no I won't. but ask original star wars fans. they're all homosexuals.

You've broken my heart, user-kun. I'm going to commit suicide.

Just watch TFA or TLJ, you'll be dead inside.

go outside, lose weight and have sex

serious question - if youtube and patreon went bankrupt tomorrow, and video hosting website fees increased 1000% - what would the RLM crew do?

Beg disney for jobs or go back to collecting wealth-fare….

anyone has the webm where rich and jack talk about

They started out wrong tbh. They were a bunch of man-children who made Z movies in their spare time and got very jealous of how amazing The Phantom Menace was and made an autistic video rant about it. Since Star Wars is one of the most iconic series of films to have come out of Weimerica they became the most well known of the autistic e-celeb faggots.

Somehow they've become even worse with time. Although it's acceptable for a bunch of young adult losers to make garbage flicks and produce retarded criticism it becomes more pathetic with age. Space Cop is the absolutely worst film to have ever been released. They've also since become Disney shills. It's just like that one user predicted, they keep doing this thing where they pretend being surrounded with Disney Star Wars products and talking about an upcoming film is ironic but if it was a joke they wouldn't have done it like ten times or however many they have made so far.

They aren't the original trilogy (no shit), but I find them to be very much Star Wars. Disney Star Wars on the other hand feels like any modern Disney movie wearing a Star Wars coat of paint. It has more in common tonally with Pirates of the Caribbean or the Marvel movies.