What video game world would you want to live in? Life in the world of Monster Hunter seems so fun

What video game world would you want to live in? Life in the world of Monster Hunter seems so fun.
Is there anything more you could ask for?

Not having a job where there's high probability of getting killed, or wounded in a way that'd impede me from performing the job anymore, like getting a limb, hand or foot cut off, would be nice. Must be a nightmare even for people who don't hunt for a living since they can't go anywhere

What's life without a little challenge?

I guess my first criterion would be its having an afterlife or some other guaranteed form of immortality.

Technically you can't die from a hunt in monster hunter. You just get carted by cats and after 3 time you show up back in town.

Plus you can make a decent living hunting weak, low level monsters it seems.

Sounds good the way they portray it. Barely anyone gets killed, cept that story of fatalis and the castle. Seems most hunters retire when a monster is too hard to hunt.

Though makes me wonder what happened to moga woods after MH3, since its in ruins during the period of the other games. Or maybe that's just a w/e background.

The problem isn't the challenge, it's the consequences. In videogames, if you lose, you start over again like nothing happened. There's no real permanent loses in videogames whatsoever (aside from your time).
I don't think you live a life as risky as that videogame unless you're in the mafia or you're constantly going to war as an infantryman

Trails series is wall to wall comfy regardless of which country the game takes place in.

Animal Crossing so I can live a life of no real work and pure shitposting. Also because /kemono/

Yeah, but obviously it wouldn't translate like that to reality. Even Pokemon would be a shitshow if it happened in real life. Who the fuck though it was a good idea to send little 10 year olds on a trip by themselves through woods and shit where dangerous creatures that could easily kill them roam around freely?
Even without the creatures it would be pretty dangerous because not all kids will be good at survival skills or knowing what to eat, or how to eat it, etc, but the pokemon could easily kill them when they're caught off guard, or if they're so strong they beat all the pokemon they own.

The only meat you ever cook with is from small animals, never the boss monsters. Do you consider Popos and shit to be your enemy?

Man, this world was so comfy.
:^)

OP if I learned anything it seems like hunter 1 large monster might take a week or so.

You get to live in the vidya world of your choice and your waifu is there too

She dies 10 minutes after you get there

Any high fantasy game. Forgotten realms, TES, any jrpg, pokemon sort of counts

Gensokyo.
I'll break that barrier open one day!

Nah, that's not how the monkey's paw works. It's not a difficult choice you have to make, it just gives you exactly what you want but not in a way you'd want.

So more like: you get to go to a video game world and take your waifu with you, but when you get there she turns into a mindless NPC, and you can't go back.

C'mon user, you gotta put some thought into it.
Most people are peasants, same as in real life. You aren't guaranteed to get magic or whatever just being a rando human.
Same deal, plus disease and godawful wandering monsters depending where you end up.
So you'd be fine going into, say, Persona 4, which for you as a rando would just be real life with extra unexplained murders?
Well, at least nobody seems to be actually killed by Pokemon in that one, and it seems pretty cheap to get into the training game, so it mite b cool.

As for me, I think I'd say Rune Factory. Any random nobody can learn all kinds of cool things quickly, and there seems to be a shortage of humans in general judging from how enthusiastically new people are received. Also judging from the abundance of god-tier waifus everywhere you go.

Any world where you don't get physically tired from any sort of activity.
Otherwise it would end up the same shit with different decorations.
Fuck even souls/monhun stamina system would do, where you can rest really fucking quick without needing to sleep or eat.

Life in the Void as a Sister seems like the ultimate NEET experience.

Well if you want to put it like that, on almost any game you could end up being a no one. Also

Bruh in Forgotten Realms alone you have to be an apprentice for like ten years to be a wizard. What do you think, you're going to start your "living there" at a character creation screen?

On every game where humans aren't abnormal superbeings, this isn't "could," you WILL end up being a no one when you first arrive. Just because you played the game doesn't mean you know how to swing a sword or cast a spell when you're actually living it.

Zelda
So I can fuck link over and over.

Go with pic related because there's only one character so I HAVE to become him.

Become one of the biters, instead. Wake up as a newborn in a spawner, just in time to see the PC coming over the horizon with power armor and a flamethrower…

OK guys, let's not have our NEET fantasies destroyed by reality and go with the spirit of the thread.

WHAT VIDEO GAME WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO LIVE IN? YOUR LIFE IS THAT OF A PLAYABLE CHARACTER AND THE RULES OF THE GAME APPLY AT YOUR LEISURE

I'd have to go with OP and say Monster Hunter, although the nestalgia in me wants to say Zelda.

Even with the danger that a realistic pokemon world presents, I can't think of a video game realm I'd rather live in. The idea of wandering around with my team and surviving off the land and defeating trainers or whatever else comes in my path sounds so, so good.

Gee I thought this thread was about fantasizing about having some degree of power according to the game we choose, not being a peasant on a monster filled medieval world

What he said

Such is life in the Zone.

I'd go to nepland to nep all of nepnep's neps.

nice crossboard link fgt

There's no other answer than Gensokyo. Drinking all day, hanging with waifus, and starting incidents for shits and giggles would be the life.

trine 2

All part of the game fam. How can I go eat all her meager foodstore and drink with her if she doesn't beat the fuck out of me first? Tradition must be kept.

They beat the shit out of a highschool girl for trying to do that.
What the fuck do you think they're gonna do to a loser like you?

Probably the world of Harvest Moon or something.
I'm amazed no one has said pokemon though

They're not. They're diluted half-breed descendants of the Dragon Hunters which got fucking wiped out during the Dragon Wars.The world of Monster Hunter is in fact a post-apocalyptic setting. You wanna know why they don't have settlements bigger than a village aside from a couple of exceptions? Because it'd attract the attention of monsters or god forbid an Elder Dragon.

>>>Holla Forums

I dunnno user, Dundorma seemed pretty big. I mean I know all we see is a town square wherever we go but that place was pretty big, and that was after it got fucked hard by Kush before the game even happened.

Of coure you're right for the smaller places, but that's why you have people roaming around like the Master of Arms to design superweapons and arenas for the places that want to be bigger and stand a chance against monster incursions.
Honestly the world of MH really would be comfy, even if you're just a normal human you can still work with some of the smaller shit like Felynes and plenty of neat careers, as well as the possibility of being a settler and helping set up new places.
Honestly the cutscenes showing life in MH world are always comfy as hell.

There's always this one guy who compares videogame worlds to reality.

If you were to wake up in the universe of a certain videogame, the laws of reality do not apply, only the laws of the videogame universe.

In reality one can never pick up weapons hunters are wielding in the game, but in the game's universe, a human is strong enough to do so.

>>>/a/