What is going on in this modern gaming world?

What is going on in this modern gaming world?

Story fags? Yeah, give me more annoying unskippable dialogs, walks and cutscenes.

Gigaflops? Who cares when the game is shit optimized.

Give me more examples for bad modern gamers.

Every project is a unique standalone thing, which focuses on one or two key aspects.
The good game is the game with clearly defined goals and the one which uses the right tools to do what it's set out to do. The bad game is the one which doesn't properly utilize the elements it intented to.

So, it can only be argued on a case-by-case basis and whether the game achieved what it wanted or not.

Many 'movie-games' are shat upon not because they are story-heavy, or even movie-like, but because the only element the devs put all their soul into (the story/cinematics) is retarded and dull, most of the time.

If you decide to make a movie-game – it's perfectly fine. But if you want to do that the story better be pretty fucking phenomenal, with good camera work and acting.
That is the true reason why something like Bioshock Infinite or a David Cage game is shat upon – because it doesn't know what it wants to be, rather than because it's too 'cinematic'.
While games like Ghost Trick are just as story heavy, but still deliver.
So I feel like hating on cinematic games is a huge misconception a lot of people have, because the true reason they don't like them lies elsewhere.

Hey Pete Hines, feel free to fuck off anytime you hot plate of cowshit.

bump

Muh realism fags are the worst.

Storyfags and faggots who want their Hollywood wannabe shit to be "cinematic experiences".

Just do your part to make its name shit and eventually die out as something common.

this shit is so god damn cancerous and I will always somewhat blame half life for making in-game exposition so popular. some fucking twat thought dicking around in a room while some characters talk until a door opens was a marvel of fucking storytelling and not just incredibly awkward. it doesn't immerse the player especially in cases like half life 2 where the npcs constantly look at you for an answer you can't give them and fucking grin about their amazing fucking joke about silent protagonists.

then you start seeing story shit happening from behind some bullet proof glass, once again wait for some fucking dickhead to open a door for you, or 9 times out of 10 get killed dramatically behind the glass so you can get SO IMMERSED.

so maybe some people complained enough about being stuck in rooms that some one decided to listen and grant a fucked up monkeys paw wish where the talking room gets slowly phased out in favor of the WALKY TALKY EXPOSITION STROLL. so now not only does the NPCs dialogue dictate when you get to move to the next area, you also have to fucking CRAWL through the one you're in to listen to their awesome fucking dialogue. and sometimes it's not a gamebreaker, sometimes once you're done with the little stroll you do get back to the fun, but it still fucking hurts replay value. now the player CAN'T go back and play the fun bits they liked because there will be exposition that they already know the results of that they can not skip. i don't think developers even take fucking replay value into consideration anymore since they keep shoving garbage like that into their games.

i would rather watch a 2 hour long fucking cutscene than hold forward and listen, because at least i can skip a fucking cutscene if it sucks or i'm replaying a game, and hell if i can't skip the cutscene i can probably go pour a bowl of cereal and take a piss while its running, since you can't do that with walking exposition since you now have to FUCKING HOLD FORWARD to listen to this horrible dialogue

yeah i'm mad

Not every modern numale feminazi hipster agrees.
Jon Blow is universally hated on Holla Forums but even he always stressed the importance of gameplay over other aspects of a game.

You and everyone else lowered their standards, got lazy, wanted attention in the end. Not a challenging/hard game that makes them strive to be better at everything they do in life, even video games.
Throw kikes and their puppets into the mix and hey, you got yourself what you see today.

WATCH IT BURN

because the underage audience doesn't understand the plot.
AAA movie games are made for a mature demography of people older than 30, because that age group is where most of the spending power is and where most video game purchasers (by numbers) are.
While most imageboard dwellers are Nintentoddlers playing Pokemon on their 3DS. When this audience tries to play a narrative-based video game, they usually ignore story and then get bored quickly by the "gameplay". Because it's like watching a movie without the audio track.
So the fallacy is underage people believing, that every single video game has to be made for children, aka for them.
But compared to the main audience, kids are pretty irrelevant for video game publishers now. They don't buy games (beside Minecraft) and complain about everything.

If you're so confident with your asinine point, why do you keep posting it over and over ? You're just a faggot who only likes one type of game to the point of genuinely believing it's the only valid type.

bump

Wow we have a fucking comedian here.

Haha what a fag
I'd rather play a game with good gameplay, graphics, but shit story rather than one with good gameplay, story, but shit graphics

>not Gameplay=Content>Art Style=Sound Design>Story>Music>Graphics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Voice Acting

Why do you keep bumping day old threads? Just to start another shitfest?

Games are like homosex. There's tops and bottoms, subs and doms. Some people prefer to be in the receiving end. Being the passive absorber of story and atmosphere without putting too much effort into playing the game actively. Some, on the other hand, prefers to take the active role and to be in control and to improve their own skills in the game. Passive anime games like Life is Strange are dildos, active skill-based games like Quake are fleshlights.

There's just more submissive bottoms playing games these days. Women fall naturally into that category, unless they're some sort of perverted dominatrixes

bump

idk man Patrick Stewart in Oblivion was pretty fucking cool

Underail

We're talking about video games here, user. Not RPG's

As a man over 30 I feel that movie games are a waste of goddamn time and money.
Movie games cater to people that dont actually like interaction in their games. VNs get a pass on that since its slightly more active since it involves reading and not just consuming media like a peice of shit sponge.

Not trying to be a contrarian, but Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a bad modern game.
Sure the gameplay is nice and enjoyable with the new features. But then you've got the massive size of the game, the long load times and then having certain cinematics being unskippable and the story that feels so unsatisfying. Once I finished that game, I instantly uninstalled it in anger.

Don't buy it at full price. The game still suffers these issues since being updated. Never mind that you're forced to download 1.2GB updates.
Hell, after not playing it for a week. I come back and one of the updates corrupts the game data, causing me unable to go to the Red Light District for a side quest without my game crashing. Fuck the developers and their goddamn unskippable credits of seeing pictures of their nu-male staff in stupid hats too.

I'm enjoying MD a lot as well but the problems are glaring.

"man, modern mainstream games suck, retro games are so better, that's why I like retro styled games like undertale"

I agree 100%

My ideal game for instance would be one in which it was all a cutscene but you interact with the game by reacting to what you see. Perhaps as a social experience the game could feature it's multiplayer (which has unlimited players) in some form of darkened room where players could sit and play together all whilst eating sweets, popcorn and drinking diet sodas.

This is the only way to play games, but people just don't GET video games.

Good game that feels like it was screwed by publishers.
The story ends so terribly as if Jensen hasn't even finished his quest. Prague and Golem City are superbly designed, full of content and feel very alive, shame Squeenix probably fucked them over and had the game unfinished. Gameplay is good, too.

Some people just like a good story op you faggot

This is below reddit and 4cuck you morons. Gameplay is not just the basic rules of the game.

If this is the mentality behind the playerbase of games like Uncharted, that explains why you can convince yourself you made a good choice.

Movie-games use story as a crutch so they don't need to make good and chalenging gameplay, everyone will be too busy fapping over the characters to realize how unfun the game is.
They present to you over the top scenes where it seems like a lot of action is happening when it's nothing but explosions all around you while you keep holding W. Every steep fall and precipice will be automatically cleared by your character, every climbing section will be impossible to fail, even under pressure and everytime there's some tension and limited time, either it's just a timer ticking down or not even that and it just fakes urgence.

Uncharted for instance is never gonna see a PC port because everyone would notice just how unengaging the gameplay really is and the story wouldn't be enough to make up for it. There's a story surrounding the combat, explaining why you're shooting at the bad guys that's more or less okay but doesn't make the shooting sections good at all, it's still unoriginal badly done weapons with no depth and terrible AI just so there's some action in it.
The climbing sections always have the camera pointing out where to go next and you're still just holding W but in a different plane, that's all.

There are some good story-heavy games like Arcanum, Fallout 1&2, the Thief series and others but they either focus very well on the story and have the gameplay actually support it or they try to at least have good gameplay to go along side the story.

Just don't play games you don't like and play games you like.
Stop being little kid, there are games for every kind of taste out there.

Daily reminder that this faggot was right and that the people that pretend that story matters in videogames are literal niggers who can't read a book to understand how mediocre narrative focused games are. If you gonna tell a story, you have to do it with gameplay, otherwise is shit.

Last of Us. Only normalfags enjoy this garbage tier shitfest.
Cutscenes literally every 5 minutes and hardly any gameplay at all.

Overwatch. Shittiest fps game right now.
Jewing with lootbox cosmetics and retarded balance & nerfing decisions.

Dishonored2. Shitty pc port, boring story & gameplay. Also Denuvo shit.

That's a wrong opinion to have around here.

Explain how it is wrong, and what is right about not having fun playing something you know you don't like and then complaining about it on the internet?

what if immersion, engagement and interactivity aren't the same thing?

if humor is a play on logic and ideas, is a game a play on systems and mechanics?

Where do you think you are? You have to play games older than twenty years or you're a casual faggot who needs to kill himself.

holy fucking shit.
get the fuck back to where you came from wether it be
>>>/9gag/
>>>/reddit/

also, check my dubs

As much as people like you cite it as an example of a game where story>rest, you all forget that Ghost Trick also has very unique gameplay mechanics as well as top tier graphics (dat sweet roctoscoping)

it depends on the gerne,

you cant do horro movie with disney: FACT!

Better challenge name 3 good modern games. (No, not your niche weeb/russian dance rpgs)

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

check
check
check
we found a game for you . now fuck off

Adventure games where you achieve goals by making random objects move is nothing new user. Neither are adventure games with a real time element to them.