Are there any modern fps with humans that match the SoF series in the gore department...

Are there any modern fps with humans that match the SoF series in the gore department? I'm not talking about shooting a corpse and seeing some blood spray out. I'm talking about disarming a guy by blowing his hand off, or disabling them by blowing both their legs out from under them.

There's a mod for Fo4 that lets you dismember enemies while they're still alive. If you take off someone's shooting arm they're fucked.
You can also dismember a melee guy's leg and have him just sit there being useless. Too bad Fo4 is shirt.

No. No one has that much dedication anymore. Look at the flesh and blood color and texture, there's still no game that has matched it's accuracy.

That's just extending the ghoul dismemberment mechanic to human targets.

cawadoody world at war did it alright, also postal 2

you can also hack away at different joints like knees and feet and elbows and hands. other game with dismemberment just make the whole limb fall off and dont model those pieces let alone being able to damage those specific pieces and have bone and muscle show on each one

They're nowhere at SOF's level.

Yeah, the cuts look too clean to. Have they even seen real forcefully amputated body part from bombing victims?

Left 4 Dead 2 has plenty of gore

The reason gore tends to go under the radar nowadays is because it is relatively unsettling to do to ordinary humans. That and it's really technologically taxing to do since you need to create an entire system for dismemberment. Like Raven Software did with GHOUL2

Still looks to fake to be a match for SoF 2. Looks like Fallout 3 dismemberment with more blood and skeleton model inside.

I think that's a really good thing to invest in. Definitely worth it for me.

Say what you will about the development of the game, but Killing Floor 2 has some pretty cool dismemberment/gore technology. Like liquid blood, and internal organs flying about the place after an explosion. Shame that the permanent (and the aforementioned liquid) blood looks like shit.

I know it isn't what OP asked about in terms of gore influencing gameplay in the sense of disarming someone. But it's pretty damn satisfying, and I thought it was worth a mention.

Nothing has come close to SOF levels of gore yet.
Fun trivia: the devs actually looked at snuff for inspiration. I don't think most devs will go to that effort.

Current? SE games have quite a lot of gore.

Say what you will about the game itself, but the gore in Shadow Warrior 2 is amazing.

Is there anywhere you can find the Soldier of Fortune games still?

came in here to post this. it's bizarre that tripjew insists on all their maps being poorly lit and ugly as fuck, because visually kf2 is actually pretty impressive

That annoys me as well. Because it only serves to annoy, rather than change gameplay in any meaningful way. What's really sad though is the loss of the atmosphere and banter from KF1.

Their obsession with futuristic glowing lights in weaponry and environment is eye cancer too.

i never get tired of that shit

is there really no shittalking in KF2 anymore from the characters?

untrue. i just played it last night and nothing has changed commentary-wise. the new characters aren't nearly as fun and interesting as the old ones but that's neither here nor there

The commentary was only half of the atmosphere if we're being generous. And truth be told, while it isn't the second holocaust, they still gimped it. Anyone who played the first one knows it. Hell one of the more famous lines has been censored in KF2. 'You're all fur-coat no knickers bitches', is now 'You're all fur-coat no knickers'.

Bulletstorm

This. Why the hell does the medic's scalpel have glowing lights on it?

the truly bizarre part is that anton strasser has a line where he says "stay dead, fotze". fotze means cunt in german, and not only that but it's like the most vulgar and hateful version of the word possible