Has Idea Factory / Compile Heart ever made an actual good game?

Has Idea Factory / Compile Heart ever made an actual good game?
They appear to release rubbish after rubbish, occasionally there's an interesting mechanic in one of their games, but it's always poorly implemented and doesn't make up for the fact that the rest is JPRG slop.

Other urls found in this thread:

cyberstep.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Isn't nepnep kingdom hearts on crack?

I like it, feels like a well done parody.
Nepnep nepnepnep.

Nepnepnepnepnep

Nepnepnepnepe

Nepnepnepneonep
Neppynepnepnep
Neppynepnepnep

it's the moeshit of weebshit vidya

Nep

nep thread post nep

I tried really hard to like these games. Got 2 of the main series, plus 3 of the other-dev spinoffs.
IT"S TOTAL SHIT
THEY ARE BAD GAMES
They're basically budget tier games from a single A developer who charges full price because of the voice actors and art. That's bascially what you buy in these titles, lots of voice acting and anime characters. The game play and story is trash, and the universe is confusing, and the characters aren't funny just nice to look at.

They're bad but I will pirate Cyber Dimension Neptunia when it comes to the PC because it's made on UE4 and and….I like the new artwork.

Nep games are the only JRPGs outside of Falcom stuff that have been worth playing for the past few years.

It depens how far back you want to go. Even in the past couple of years, Atlus, Gust and Nisa(sometimes) have published traditional JRPGS and they're always better than Idea Factory games.

Trillion god of destruction is good

Japs call them "Idea Fuck" for a reason, you know

Eh. I'm really enjoying Trillion God of Destruction, So much so that I bought for my vita after PC pirating it. Reminds me very much of Disgaea's (which shouldn't be surprising since freeter staff)

Don't forget its also about making "profitable" games. No Japanese company can keep making AAA titles at AAA prices for PS vita

Stella Glow and Dungeon Travelers 2 were very good games, I'll give you that.
I'm not a fan of Atelier games, but they aren't bad. Atelier and Nep are arguably the same shit, just one has alchemy and time management.
Nope. Even their good games come to the west with shitty localizations and censorship. Demon Gaze was pretty good though, and oddly enough it seems largely untouched by their faggotry. Their scripts for Dangitronpaul are pure fucking cringe though. I have no idea why people think Spike Chunsoft "keeps them on a leash" when they ended the first game with a fucking reference to Crazy Eddy electronics store ads in the 80s.

Wikipedia makes it sound pretty interesting, maybe this is a turn around.

I liked the first Record of Agarest War.

Pirate it first. It's more of a raising sim where you watch waifus die, rinse and repeat. I thought it was mediocre and repetitive, but people seem to love it. I don't care for the team Makai games, they also did MeiQ and that has to be the most mediocre dungeon crawler of all time.

I nepped really hard to nep these games. Got 2 of the main nep, plus 3 of the other nep spinoffs.
IT"S TOTAL NEP
THEY ARE NEP GAMES
They're basically nep tier games from a single NEP developer who charges full nep because of the nep actors and art. That's basically what you nep in these titles, lots of nep and anime characters. The nep and story is nep, and the nep is confusing, and the nep aren't funny just nice to nep.

They're nep but i will nep Cyber Dimension Neptunia when it comes to the PC because it's made on NEP and and… I like the nep.

FFF is a fun game.

I respect IF for having the devotion necessary to churn out decent games year after year without over-stretching themselves.

That doesn't mean the games are anything but mediocre though.

You have an excellent taste, brother.

Their mediocrity when it comes to gameplay has been a great source of annoyance for me, a nep game with actually outstanding gameplay would be basically my perfect game.

If you think their games are bad you probably dont play many gamesor played their old stuff
Everything they put out in recent years was mediocre at worst

Nope. They release weeb trash to make easy money. I love JRPGs, but fuck compile heart and their shit weeb games.

I don't think their games are necessarily bad so much as aggressively mediocre. Every system is so bog standard it hurts. Sometimes they'll have an interesting idea, but it's never more than icing on a cake that's otherwise nothing but flour and water. I'm not a fan of the style of plot or visual direction either, but I'm not bothered by those things, and I understand why some people do like it. Perhaps the inane gameplay is there to match the inane dialouge?

Jap devs almost never go bankrupt. Unlike the West they know how to budget and they make games for their audience, not try to be kino or socially progressive.

oh theyre catching up

Idea Factory you can be a moe as you want but don't lie to my face.

Thank you for notifying me of this game's existence, even the trailer song sounded really Disgaea-esque. Definitely going to give it a try this weekend.

If you feel that way why not just play whatever

cyberstep.com/

produces?

Well, these games are pure escapism, and I admittedly need a lot of that in my life. There were times when my sanity depended on spending my weekends with nepping. So these games might not be the best thing ever, but they beat alcoholism for sure.

The CoD of JRPGs.

That's Final Fantasy.

I suppose since they have high budgets. Neptunia games are more akin to shovelware.

Actually thats Tales, or arguably Atelier

Will the next Persona have a fat pink haired transgender hacker girl instead of cute loli?

JRPGs or crystal meth.

One doesn't cause trouble for society and adds to the economy.

COD of JRPGs?

Pokémon or MH.

I forgot for a second why i left this place. You niggers will praise a fucking roasted turd just as long as it has chinese drawings on it.

What else is new?

Stop being so contrarian. Just give his comment a thumbs up already.

It's the same reason we'll never see AAA-caliber eroge, user. Nice things are prohibited to exist by the laws of the universe.

I like pic related

I'd be extremely impressed if this had any gameplay at all. You always see [cute girls + video game] but it's constantly boring trash.

I fucking swear a new Neptunia comes out every other month.

If you left this place then it cant be yours

Its a baby first dungeon crawler, I bought it because of that and I wanted some monstergirl lewds. Next in my list is stranger in sword city and dungeon traveler 2
If you only want cute/lewd stuff without gameplay just watch american anime

>on my Holla Forums/v/
Nice revisionism there

Yeah, go ahead and convince yourself as much as you can, while I'll actually have fun playing these.

I agree mostly, but let's not make this an "east vs west" thing.

Nep games are an easy nut to crack.
If you've ever tapped into your inner autist and *actually enjoyed grinding* then you'll probably like those games, because it's got the most linear, comfy grinding progress of any game I've liked the grinding in.

Of course, if you ever stop playing the game for more than 2 days, you have a high change of giving it up because you won't be in the groove anymore. Refer to the graph for details.

I own a Top Nep hate but have never played a Neptunia game.

Nepnepnepnepnepnepnep

Got any more buzzwords, retard?

This isn't about Japanese games, it's about JRPGs.

Some of the Nep games are pretty good (the three Rebirth games, V-II, arguably V)

Shovelware for the most tasteless of weebs

I thought we had a consensus on this

It's almost as if these people are new or something.

Let me guess… You were banned from Holla Forums for shitposting on the generals, didn't you ?

Try harder.

Try harder.

What kind of shit reply is that to a reasonable post?

You can like the games and dislike the generals as they're usually full of borderline avatarfags and people talking about how they want to imprugnuh muh rurunu

nothing about that assumption was logical.

If anything he'd be neutral judging by that.at least put a little effort into being contrarian.

You want a cancerous Nep thread? Go to the one on cuckchan, and you'll find that the general here is much better

He said the generals were cancerous, and indeed they are, and was then accused of just being "le salty XD" that he got banned.

Well, if you want a more logical assumption, it is the only general outside of gamergate that lasted more than two years here. If they were as cancerous as you said, they wouldn't have lasted said two years before some drama/shit/conflict erupted like it did with the other generals (Hello 4AM threads), leaving it dead like it was with the others. That, or they fap too much to the girls to take care about anything else.

Shut the fuck up, that's not a buzzword.

Pretty much that, from what I gather. It's hard to be annoyed by someone posting "I want to hold hands with nep" when that is seemingly all they post. And the splatoon threads lasted a long time before interest dwindled, and almost never devolved into cancer.

It's true for the Splatoon threads. Let's hope they come back with the Switch re-release.

Nigger they are basically the fucking waifu threads but instead focused on one game series instead of different series, some of which aren't even vidya. I fail to see how they are better especially when some of them admitted to being from the halfchan general a long time ago.

As long as they have free updates, ranked, and splatfests I imagine they will, unless the switch bombs harder than the WiiU somehow.

There's a reason why we left, cause it went to absolute fucking dogshit. And it continues to be absolute dogshit

You got the wrong post friend. Yuri doesn't make you a cuck, but seemingly everyone who likes it are furry-tier obnoxious about their fetish

Retards are only to be dismissed. Learn to spot them like I just did. Why the fuck did I originally quote that other post when I explicitly clicked this shit? That pisses me off.

I know even though I literally did not click your post.

Any heterophobes I help stamp out and at most it's shutting down retarded shitposters spewing 3DPD memes, projections or buzzwords.

I never said that liking yuri itself makes you cuck, but the way they shitpost about it and say "NO THEY CAN ONLY LIKE GIRLS, NO MEN" is fucking stupid.Yuri is fine, but they are shoving it down your throat and are obnoxious as hell about it

Again, those are heterophobes and I will not tolerate the pathetic manhating retards that destroyed t/u/mblr. I've even spitefully spoken to the BO of /u/ about making sure that nonsense is zero tolerance.

I sincerely apologize for my insults.

Is it opposite day? And you're fine by me now.

/v belongs to everyone and noone. I'm getting sick of people getting triggered and asking for censorship.

Be a man and desensitise yourself or hide the thread.

It is ok as long as I don't like it.

No, that's just how I am. I don't want to condescendingly and hatefully argue with someone who isn't a retard.

I want to argue normally about specific things related to videogames and interests with someone who isn't one either.

It was pretty fun, yeah. Assassin Loli best party member. I remember the plot getting derailed halfway through and dropping nearly all pretenses of being funny or a parody of JRPGs, which disappointed me though. Haven't felt like going back to it after beating it once, either.

The nep threads are filled with shit. IF censored the latest nep game and those anons sucked IF's dick as hard as they could spouting the same censorship defence you always hear, like 'you just want to fap!'
I believe they are cuckchan, sure act like it. Which is a shame, the retranslation team did good work.

Give a little more detail?

In short they changed the ages of some of the cast.

Yeah, that's some bullshit. I couldn't care less what justification they use. Censorship is censorship.

"better fit the narrative." How about they fit my dick into their asses.

Yes, they did. Sega took it from them.

Published by Atlus (over here). Designed by Imageepoch and Aquaplus/St!ng, respectively.
Clearly you are not trying hard enough at Atelier. If you hate it, then you hate it. Nothing in the Neptune series can compare, as both are very much apples & oranges for what they tackle.
So did Tokyo Abyss. And the work they did on Atelier Ayesha. Spoiler alert: the localizers for the Atelier franchise from Dusk Trilogy & on are all ex-NISA employees. The shit contingent in the company just outwieghs the actual good of it now, that's all.
Because no one verifies shit and goes on heresay. Anons listen & believe far more than they attempt to verify.

Nah. The Nep General on 8/v/ is pretty damned bad, now. None of it talks about the game at large. Regularly, three-quarters of the posts therein are pure waifushit arguing, talking lucid dreaming with waifus, fantasy & fanfiction shit over waifus, who/what x waifu character would/would not approve of. I supposed that's to be expected when there's nothing particularly outstanding about the franchise's gameplay or story.

Atelier threads used to be nice. But then they stopped existing except to shitpost about impregnating Rorona.

8/v/ is pretty damned bad in general now.

Perhaps this is where the problem lies ?

This was one of the few good things about late 4chan. All generals were forced onto a containment board. AAA, mobas, flavor of the month, and never-ending threads about a single series (or game) were safely contained. It didn't help much, but it helped.

Then do your part and fucking hide containment threads instead of making new ones to complain about it.

The hide/ignore option is there for a reason.

We will never know

autism

To be fair, this was more about questioning the integrity of CH/IF's games. Which are actually not all that bad at all. Mindless fun at worst, a taste of challenge sometimes if you squint.

Of course, people associate bad with the familiar and immediate, and the Nep Gens are, of course, a natural target. For as bad as they are, though, they're also, as you said, a containment field.

All you have to do is to move your asses then. Of course, CH/IF aren't making anything more than decent. Of course, there actually are people that enjoy this. And then what ? For as bad as they are, they actually stay in their containment field, unlike many others.

See how GGers feel the need to sperg out in many SJW/feminazi related threads, or to complain about many changes in games. See how people need to talk about how the AAA of the month is gonna be awesome because they saw their favorite Youtuber endorse it. And see how, instead of actually criticizing this, you let it happen and you're joining "the fun" because it has become what is Holla Forums now.

Complain about the pole in your ass before complaining about the finger in your neighbor's eye.

Except we talk about the game to death and we have discussions and theories. In fact we talk about the new game coming out next year and translating the emails and the trailers that come with it. We're just waiting for the game itself to drop so we can have a more in depth disscusion about it
It's pretty comfy with little to no arguing. There might be the occasional shitpost, but that's about it. But shitposting is to be expected considering the state 8/v/is in right now
And what's wrong with having waifu disscusion and making fan content like stories and translating content?
Oh there's plenty there, especially if you read in between the lines. You have to look deeper than what just on the surface. There's a lot more content than just the games

That's good and all, but you certainly do not make up the bulk of the thread, which leads off with waifushit & delves hard into specific fantasies. Lucid dreamer user will speak up, someone will derail a full 50 comments or more about a Nep character being awful or someone coming from outside the thread-group to shit up the gen and draw a fight. Or the fight will be about what Nepgear would/would not put up with in a boyfriend/husband.

Then seque into 3D lewd models, lewd doujin for a little bit, then the lottery comes around to kill the threads after bump. Peppered throughout is image posting of favorite Neps. I know this because I've gone from lurking, to participation, back to lurking, and just check in occassionally to nab an image or two that seems rare and see if the flow of conversation has changed.

By & large, it hasn't. What you're speaking of fits into productivity, which has always been something of a staple, either through helping translatorfag with the patches for the Rebirth trilogy, the mod manips for OC generate scenes, or the occasional new kid that comes in to ask why x or y fight in the series is so damned hard (typical response: usebuffs.jpg).

Mileage seldom varies.

Absolutely nothing…in moderation. Don't get me wrong as I'm not screaming for mods to nuke the Nep Gen from space or anything. I say it's gotten bad because I have a solid example of how GOOD it used to be. Fuck, they've almost gotten me to blow the dust off my pen and try a few things, myself.
I understand that well. But you realize that's the difference between a fan and a casual onlooker who knows fuck-all about the series in question. Compile Heart has a way of pulling punches with its characters and stories. They're warm, they're fun, and the characters can be complex or deep. But then, that's never a factor that's subtly sewn into the titles I've tested so far (allowing I know fuck-all about Fairy Fencer F, Omega Quartet, or Trillion at the moment—have them, haven't played them yet).

I'm pressed at the moment to cook up game counters that does the depth and complexity better without relying on a shit/imitation Hollywood budget format (spoilers: AAA does not automatically mean DEEP, just to head that off). I have my fun with CH/IF games. If I'm to compare, though, there's LEAGUES of rpgs that does character depth and complexity more seamlessly, even with lighthearted tones. And gameplay-wise, I'd prefer the customization system of an Atelier to the fetch-fill nature of the Rebirth franchise. And this is knowing ex Flight-Plan devs put that system together (I prefer their Summon Night work, truth be told).

I do love the series, though. It has its place in my collection and in my fun things.

You're preaching to choir about most this stuff. I've been around since the threads started. Yes, while there was less "waifuism", but that doesn't detract from the games or discussion to me. Cause that's part of the discussion, and a lot of people have waifus and play these games for escapism, and I've met some good people through these threads because of the waifu discussions and even joined a comfy discord to talk with thread regulars there. Even if it is only a little bit of discussion we still discuss it, we just have a lot of waifu posting during downtimes between games. Discussion on the games will pick up more once the next game drops. And we repeat ourselves a bit for new people cause they ask the same questions. Why change up simple answers or advice? And while other rpgs might have more character "depth", there is no denying that they did a good job with the characters. And I'm not saying it's the most deep or complex thing ever, far from it in fact. I just want you to know why I still enjoy the threads and the discussion even after all these years, even if the shitposting is getting a bit bad. But like I said; that's to be expected these days