So does Dark Souls II take place before or after Dark Souls III?

So does Dark Souls II take place before or after Dark Souls III?

What part of time not realling did you miss.

before, mainly because items from Dark Souls 2 2 are in Dark Souls 3 referencing the events of Dark Souls 2 like the Shield of Lust for instance. Or Hollowslayer, etc.

What's so bad about letting the Age of Fire end?

You mean Shield of Want, which came from Nashandra's soul. Though even that brings up questions like are the events of DS2 shortly before the events of DS3?

shit gets completely dark and corrupts the living

It's actually from Vendrick's soul if you manage to kill him, but most items with "Want" included in them are supposed to be Nashandra's

Does DS2 even take place in the same location as DS1/3? The souls of Nito, Seath, etc exist there but there's no implications geographically that Drangleic was once Lordran aside from the Sunlight Altar's statue

Apparently Drangleic is just a nearby place but not the same as Lordran, the souls of the old ones are basically reincarnations or something, we know that Nashandra may have come from Lordran or whatever was left of Oolacile, if VaatiVidya is right apparently several fragments of Manus became queens and ended up fucking up the other monarchs (Sunken King, Old Iron King and Ivory King), can't remember Aldia's involvement.

Yes, miles and miles above it though.
II is set in an age of deep seas that will come again after III

It's really confusing how the great lords of DS2 came into possession of these remnants. I mean they could be shards of those souls when the chosen undead obtained them and scattered across the world when the chosen undead linked the first flame. I would even argue that DS is a multiverse and the events of DS2 and DS3 are different branches. Even reality is questionable considering the area at the start of the game is called Things Betwix (between) which hints this is all purgatory, or memories as I like to call it especially when you consider that memories come from souls which are made of fire that is all part of the first flame. This could also hint at the world being created in the image of the last person to link the first flame.

That's not really relevant to what I'm saying and anyway Vaati's speculation in that video is out of date now that we have DS3.

It takes place during DaS1.

if you close your hand then roll out one finger everytime you say a title, it should be pretty obvious what the answer is

Yes.

DS2 is basically alpha version of ds3. All you did in ds2 is learn whole process of linking the fire, and cured curse part of Curse of the undead. We visited some random kings, but that was just preview for ds3/scrapped plot of ds2. DS3 didnt refer to events of ds2, but things changed like ds2 happened. We no longer need to go hollow, we need trones to link the flame, we need to gather kings. Same thing with demons souls really. They dont refer to demons souls, but all the fucking characters are come from demons souls, firekeepers are now blind, a whole lot of maidens in black are in the tower…
Look at it this way.
Witch of Izalith tries to reignite the 1st flame but fails.
Gwyn reignites 1st flame and succeeded.
Chosen Undead copies Gwyn method.
Vendrick refuses to light the flame but his brother researches whole deal with curse of the undead. They introduce concept of thrones.
Player collects heads of kings/their crowns and part of putting them on thrones is either scrapped or not revealed yet.
Thus Bearer of the Curse uses improved method of lighting the 1st flame using thrones with crowns/kings on them, but that was scrapped for ds3, so we only collect them and see trones. Plus he beaten curse part of the curse of the undead and he may remain sane while burning for eternity.
And choice to link or not to link the flame is irrelevant because sooner or later someone will refuse and someone will accept to link the flame.
In ds3 everyone uses same method introduced in ds2 to light the fire.
Except now player have more choices (directly linked to demons souls).

I fucking loved the fact that hollowing is optional in DaS3,
Looking like a zombie is cancer.

"Time is convoluted in Lordran." There is no distinct timeline, and we have no concrete evidence to suggest that these kingdoms are even within the same realm of existence, aside from Lothric and some instance of Lordran. There are a number of other places that are mentioned but that are never shown from any perspective - Carim, Vinheim, Catarina, The Great Swamp, etc - so it's sort of difficult to build a cohesive geographical understanding of the world. Are these foreign fantasy lands even located on planet earth? For all we know, the whole fucking universe is located inside a speck of artificial snow that is itself located inside one of Tony Hawk's snowglobes.
Doesn't matter. Their inclusion, and this pretty much goes for any other character, location, or element otherwise plucked from the previous games, could be written off as some inter dimensional fuckery or magic. Do you really think that the Moonlight Greatsword that you acquire in all of these games is meant to be the same weapon each time? It's just a little self referential easter egg, and nothing more. Quite a bit of DaSIII is build is around this, sadly. I'd honestly rather them go the Final Fantasy route and have these games disconnected from one another while also bringing back familiar elements (Patches is effectively Cid for, example, and the MLGS is like the Ultima Weapon/Masamune/and all the other recurring weapons and spells and such).

Sorry for shitting on your parade. Also, VaatiVidya is a ball licking faggot.

I liked Dark Souls 3
I thought it was fun

I think it's the best in the franchise, and no afraid to speak it out each fucking time.
It DOES feel like an expansion to the first one though.

I have a feeling if I were to replay it I'd be able to better spot the flaws but I really enjoyed it. My jaw dropped upon seeing Irythill for the first time. I have such a raging hard on for snowy levels and the fucking moon tied it all together.

I'm waiting out on buying DaS3 until that inevitable full DLC pack comes around. Fuck I want to play it.

I replayed both 1 and 3 a whole bunch of times. They ARE flawed as shit. It doesn't stop me for putting hundreds of hours into them.
I only finished DS2 once, what a piece of shit dear god.

Just pirate it? Or what, wanna some multiplayer going on?

It isn't really bad.

It just that is causes a climate ofkill or be killed due to the horrid things that like to crawl out the abyss.

Anyhow, Gwyn linked the fire and comitted the first sin, and basically fucked up the natural progression of nature in the process, screwing things over to the sacrificial linking process, where humans are food for the flames.

It's a rather long explanation but the Dark Path is the correct one because the point of it is that you break Gwyn's Cycle so things can progress from the age of fire and dark to a potential age of man past the age of hollows.

Additionally by DS3 Kaathe is FUCKING DEAD and we would have never have known this if we didn't translate the japanese death text for Yuria if you kill her.

Additionally, back during the age of Fire Gwyn did everything in his power to ensure revernance from the undead, they whole firekeeping crap is literlaly ritualistic mutilation designed to prevent firekeeper's draw to humanity showing them the natural state of the world, they're all saddingly brainwashed. Those Firekeepers eyes are in effect you're way of telling your firekeeper you plan to fix things, but she doesn't really get it outright.

The negative fact to an age of Dark is the abyss, though natural, isn't exactly going to be 100% safe place until the thing that wakes it an all consuming depth is drawn out into mankind after it prospers, nevermind whatever the fuck Aldritch did with it.

The theory of interconnected games that aren't directly related is also my favourite theory for The Legend of Zelda and negates the need for a timeline at all. Instead, each retelling of the basic "trinity" story (Link rescues Zelda and defeats Ganon) is just a different telling of the same basic myth, while the sequel games (Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass) are considered canon only as offshoots from that specific title.
This autistic need to catalogue and stack and organise everything is honestly fucking annoying.

Everything that Kaathe said is lies, while everything that Frampt said is the half-truth.
And in ds3 you dont have binary choice and world is different than before. Basically world is twisted and fucked beyond repair, everything is brought together into a fucking giant ball.
But in ds3 you have 4 endings and only one of them is exactly the same as before.
And darkness is not something opposite of fire, its opposite of light. However life and death is also opposing each other but they opposing to undead state. All these elements, life-death, light-dark was created by the flame. And undead existence is opposing both lifde and death, however Kaathe imply that humanity must pick darkness over light and end the flame, while darkness is created by the flame. Basically what I am trying to say, that Usurpation Of Fire ending is basically brings us to the start of dark souls series, but this time humanity lead By the lord in a state of amalgamation of all elements(life/death/light/dark(but more influenced by the dark soul)). Humanity is basically will become new dragons and world will be the same as it was before Gwyn fucked the dragons but with you in charge.
Siding with firekeeper with basically hibernate world until fire is restored again, fire still will be in a world but in hands of firekeeper.
If you wreck firekeeper fire will be in a world but in your hands instead of hands of firekeepers, therefore whole little Gwyn plan will be fucked. And world will lose souls arts. And sun is in place of the Old One.

What I don't get is how anyone can defend the piece of shit game that is DS2.

Stockholm syndrome.
Shit taste.
Hipster mentality.
Actually never playing good action game before.

2 takes place after the Link the Fire ending of 1, 3 takes place after the Dark Lord ending.

I don't get how anyone can unironically shit on 2 but even remotely enjoy 3.

There we go.

3 is shit, but I can at least play through it without wanting to quit after 5 minutes due to how everything is animated. Granted, I want to quit 3 after 5 minutes because how bland it is.

Dark Souls II was a big fat mistake

I liked 3 because the mechanics were alright the world building and level design were good even if the enemies and bosses were mostly trash.

After. You find the corpse of Laddersmith Gilligan in DS3.

just fucking end yourself

Where is that? Is it just before Yhorm?

It's the corpse you get the stretch out gesture from.

I looked it up anyway and I was right, it's just before Yhorm near the bonfire with all the debris on the ground.

Dark Souls remaster when?

Dark souls runs pretty alright on modern pc with graphic mods(except framerate over 30 mods) so I dont see a reason to remaster it. Better release demons souls to pc, but sony will never agree to it. And its better to make some new games instead of fucking releasing same old ones. Chalice dungeons was okay idea, why not make try it again?

Because most people never played them

chalice dungeons were a terrible idea. I never wanna do that shit again

you were a terrible idea.

Kaathe isn't a liar.
Though the Dark's methods are ridiculously cruel, and it's not like everyone is capable of handling Humanity, nevermind the whole need of shock troops thing.

What was great about them, exactly? Most of them use the same exact terrain in different order and have same enemy types and many have reskinned bosses or normal enemy bosses with higher health.

I only played three or four of them and had enough.

Chalice dungeons was gay idea

Oh and not to mention the abundance of save points. I especially didn't understand the whole "light checkpoint, open door, light another checkpoint" shit.

The idea is to explore generated dungeons like in a real rougelike.

Chalice dungeons are an infinite source of insight, gives players access to the higher blood gems and the alternative trick weapons with different gemslots, and has several unique bosses inside them.

But for what gain? The main game is short as hell and not too interesting on subsequent playthroughs due to the linearity of the world.

aand that's a bad idea, I've always hated boring RNG dungeons, even in the pen & paper RPGs

To carry over and use them for NG+? I would say to build for multiplayer but bloodborne's online is barely active these days.

Have you tried advanced rougelikes? You know there is a different between random tunnels and advanced generation?

other than to carry over*

No one knows what will happen if you do that, and the unknown is scary.