Anyone still playing this?

Anyone still playing this?
And are there chances they'll make a second one?

I ran into a weird bug where it wouldn't count one of my quests as complete (upgrading a room with some specific accessories) and because I hadn't done that, it wasn't giving me other quests to do.. so I just kind of stopped.

It sold pretty well and japan treats dragon quest like a more addictive version of heroine so chances are good.

so, how is it exploring-wise?
Minecraft killer?
What happened to the LEGO Worlds one?

Got sidetracked by Bloodborne, but DQB was the final straw that made me get a PS4, so I'm gonna come back to it before long. Definitely hoping for a sequel that deals with some of the issues with the game, like the combat being kind of stiff.

The game's got some exploration but it isn't designed around huge open worlds, just big ones. It's less of a Minecraft clone and more of a quest-driven game using Minecraft gameplay.

Like…100%?
It sold well, predictably, so it'll have a sequel.

No, but I've seen this PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE™ shilled repeatedly.

I'd personally prefer a 3D mainline DQ game

That's what XI is you nignog

I ran into something similar on my second playthrough. What happens is that if you end up upgrading a room BEYOND what the quest is asking for before you fulfill the quest the NPC won't count it.
In my case I upgraded my Stonemason’s workstation into a Stonemason’s smithy before I improved into a Stonemason’s studio. This happens because there is a hierarchy for room types. No matter how many leather sacks or Shops signs you add the smithy is always higher than the studio. Just remove the offending furniture (in my case the forge) and the quest should complete.

is there any way to pirate this shit?

Beat it a few days ago, and blew my eyes out accomplishing it. So many years of looking at smaller screens like computer monitors, when I finally had to spend any serious amount of time in front of a 60" HDTV, my eyes ended up feeling like someone was rubbing sand in them. Probably doesn't help that the TV is a piece of shit anyhow.

So… I guess that's a recommendation? Haven't touched it since though or fucked around at all with Terra Incognita. Will probably go back to it later to get some of challenges that I missed the first time around.

I do wish the city boundaries were larger though. Would have been nice to actually create a town, rather than force you into vertical development like someone just plopped down a block of Kowloon Town in the middle of the wilderness. The ability to create fortifications (moats, walls, pit-traps, etc) outside of the town boundaries - would be great as well. Which I guess you can already do, but anything outside of the highlighted area disappears during boss fights.

Though to be fair, only one boss really attacks your city and does any major damage.

For me, yeah, but I don't like Minecraft. The concept is good, but I don't really consider it much of a game. It's just playing with Legos and building shit for the sake of building shit. I wanted to play a game, with a goal to achieve and a loss-state. That's what DQB is.

Is it worth a used buy on ps4?

there was already talks about a sequel before the english version even coming out
with the talk of mutiplayer and other shit

If this thread is really going to live then people need to post codes for comfy builds.

If you already have a PS4, absolutely.

Used, yeah, I'd say it's worth it. The game will be just as good a year from now at $20, and unless you're an impatient prick, the wait won't kill you. It's a decent game, but nothing worth blowing 60 bones on if you don't really want to.

If you can find a place that carries it, then rent it.

I don't think it needs a sequel. It's good for what it is, and what bits really NEED improvement, could easily be handled through patches or expansions.

Also, fuck multiplayer.

Maybe i'll pick it up for ~40 dollars.

it's on Vita as well (presuming it's the same game not some watered down mobileshit)

Dont have a vita anymore.

my point was that an emulator and/or piracy are closer for that then on the ps4

There's also a PS3 version if you speak moon.

Honestly, the import costs+game might be more than a new game. Even if it is cheaper it will still take forever for it to get here. I might just wait a while and get it for about 30-20.

Yes, do you have a vita or pstv on firmware 3.60 or earlier?

I have that slidey sony handheld but i think its a PSP

I played the demo and really, really enjoyed it,,
But £40 is a bitsteep for a game with little replay value but still a surprisingly good game.

It's really easy to get a uses psvita under 3.61
If it's the psv 1000 it's guaranteed to be under it.

Well you have a lot of space in Terra Incognita so it might be worth a try.
I started fucking around there just recently when I got a bit bored with the third chapter and got unnecessarily autistic about building a large fortified town with nice looking buildings. Obviously it's missing quests and direction though.

I'd like a sequel because of the areas I'd like to see some improvements in. Like some more multiplayer aspects and maybe some Harvest Moon like NPC interaction with giving presents to make them like you more.

Pirated the vita version and played it for like 2 dozen hours, only made it to the desert world. Spent 2/3 of that time tearing down that giant abandoned castle that you meet the ghost at and rebuilding my own base into a fortress with all of the bricks. I ran out of roof shingles for the shops and got bored. I might go back to it, but there's a ton of other stuff I could be playing instead.

I did the same thing.
In the second chapter you get to make roof tiles yourself to make proper houses.

>tfw when i made a shared room with Barbella

One aspect of building I didn't like was the tiny size the towns took up. Destroying rooms to put a mcguffin in the right place, to kill a boss and fuck off to the next town forever, is annoying.

Worst part of DQ:B was that there were no cutie Dancers to romance, or at least to have put on private shows in your personal castle.

heheheh you said pot

reported

why dont you like go chop down a forest and kick a puppy you fascist

I have a friend who never played Minecraft and then started playing this. Completely addicted.

You can build a sexy lamp though.

I didn't like that part either. I hope the sequel is has a continuous world.

You've no idea what you're talking about

Fuck, I forgot all about Terra Incognita.

G-GET OUT Holla Forums! D-DRUMPF! HAH! DRUMPF! U-U MAD Holla Forums? U MAD????

The mid-century fascists were environmentalists, though.

Shitposting aside, the game is pretty cute. I've only played Terraria, not autismblox proper, so I can't judge it vs. Minecraft. Controls are fluid, graphics are decent, sound quality is good. Pirate it if you want I guess. Square should get no money.

I didn't mind starting over each time so much as losing most of my crafting recipes at the start of each new chapter. You'd get some really nice recipes for rooms and items that only have one use and then are never used again - or you don't have the materials to make again. For armor and weapons, this makes sense,.. and it was pretty fun starting from scratch in a new environment especially later ones where there's NO real resources to start with and it forces a kind of survival mode but it really restricts what and how you can build. There should have been a "memory stone" or something at least at the end of each chapter so that you can go back and have access to all the stuff you learned in other chapters. Maybe have some post-chapter content in each area to encourage you to go back and put it to use.

The Lyre of Slime Immemorial was a nice touch, which, since it's a direct sequel to DQ 1, let you turn the entire soundtrack back into 8-bit renditions.