Anyone played this...

Anyone played this? I just got it and my characters have no skills at all even though the guard before the forest says to spend my 3 skill points for each character.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/B2hZl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're probably looking under the wrong menu option.

I dunno about EO4, but in the earlier fames you could find skills under the 'custom' option.

That game is great and you are fucking retarded.

What he said.

Can this be a general EO thread? I only recently got into the games and one thing I was really surprised by was how good the music is.

thanks!

Time for a general EO thread it is.
Out of all games, which party member has been your absolute MVP?

Yuzo Koshiro is a wizard.

Is this the best EO game to get?

4 is best to get into the series.

Don't get Untold.

IV is a good starting point. It has a lot of quality-of-life features that earlier iterations don't, though they were later added in the Untold remakes of the first and second games. IV also a bit easier overall, so it's less likely to turn off new players.

Nice, I need more 3ds games to justify the system. All I have is MH3U, MH4U, and Bravely Default, which I haven't even finished. The only other game I'm planning on getting in the future for it is Ever Oasis.

Definitely my Hexer in EO2. Fear and suicide carried me through random encounters and dampen made bosses go down really fast.
But this landsknekt portrait is my favourite becuase she's so adorable.

3 or 4.

NO, BITCH! RUN THE OTHA WAY! HE GON GET YOU!

3 or 4 are the best places to start, yeah.

Even in your imageboards, F.O.E.!

Motherfuckers still fill me with dread.

At least I got a lot of money to upgrade stuff.

If you like to emulate or have a flashcart play 3
if you have a 3ds but no flashcart play 4
EOU is EO1 with a story mode and updated with more QoL stuff
EOU2 is EO2 with a story mode and also brought up to date but also shit since the game is balanced around the use of story exclusive & dlc characters, and everything is turned into an hp sponge. as a whole its a huge step down as a dungeoncrawler
Really just don't play EOU2

My Hoplite in EO3, especially when I got the Ninja subclass then I got double the defense power

Etrian Odyssey V when?

If you like VNs, Phoenix Wright exists. Also Senran Kagura 1 and 2 are on it for beat em ups. If you enjoy easier roguelikes, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and Etrian Mystery Dungeon are good.

With the way Atlus is going?

God only knows. I had hoped we would have gotten a confirmation by now.

I think it was nominated for GOTY in nipland. I'm sure they'll localize it by first quarter 2017.
If not, might be time to learn japanese.

The DLC strategy for EOV is much more reasonable than EO2U. If anything they're learning from their mistakes. archive.fo/B2hZl

So no class locking or anything like that?

Nope, just some skins.

None of that, no locked bosses, no paywalled map sections. Just character skins, ezmode grinding quests, and the FM soundtrack. The latter would be a black mark, but when you consider that the FM soundtrack for 4 got canned, it at least ensures it won't this time, so I see it as a net gain.

My Nigger

You dont really need to know that much nip to play EO5
the quests are translated, as are the skills

It's the usual atlus shit, all of their titles play the same with no character

Glad to hear this.

I played the Japanese version up to 12F. I want to experience those mini-episodes in English where my party experiences various events.

Nah, EO is one of the few remaining JRPG series that hasn't been completely botched. Untolds not withstanding. PQ was really good.

Wow, you really have some shit taste

EVEN IN RECURSIVE POSTS

F.O.E.

F.O.E.! F.O.E.! F.O.E.! F.O.E.!

Yeah, no. EO's battle system doesn't magically becomes bad when you use premade characters, and the dungeons were better than any post EO4. Game was too easy though.

Bumping with music.

No. Track down EO1. EO2 if you can't get a hold of EO1. Run with the game at its rawest and get a feel for it. If you hate it, put it away.

Reviving thread with some tunes.

EO1 really dosen't hold up that well, QoL stuff aside, the game is buggy, slow, and poorly balanced. EOU is an allround better version if you ignore story mode.
The only reason not to start with a 3DS EO is that the engine is such a massive improvment that it can be hard to go back and play 3. which is unfortunate, since it's easily one of the best.

Or you could play one of the games that properly translate the skills and have QoL adjustments. I say start with 3, that way you won't be "downgrading" if you decide to go to 1 and play it linearly but will get most of the additions of 4.

EOV Western release when?

what the fuck, I understand the series' tradition for lolis but they're expanding into pro ana shit now?

Why doesn't Holla Forums talk about actually good dungeon crawlers instead of this babby shit?

EO3 Beast Tamer. Binding, poisoning, confusing, sleeping, and sometimes even tanking. Once she gets up to speed she can fuck every random encounter with the elephant or tiger. Cripple bosses with the poison butterfly or owl. And bind FOEs with the snake. Subclass with farmer and she can bind enemies with seeds while summoning stronger animals for huge damage or full screen status effects.

My suggestion would be 7th Dragon III VFD, Stella Glow, Rune Factor 4, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Rhythm Heaven Plus (forgot if it was localized or not). The 3DS library is a joke compared to the DS. Everyone who made great games either moved to the Vita or died transitioning to the latest gen.

I miss when they were giant orange balls. I think they should stay that way until you fight them.

They're focusing everything of Persona 5 and most likely wouldn't want this game to compete with it. They extended the release date for that game to "localize" it better. I hope you like FE:Fates tier translations.

Got the CD for EO5 and the FM soundtrack is fantastic. Yuzo Koshiro is still one of my favorite composers in general. My only complaint is that I wish he would go back to the way he used to do boss themes. His orchestrated normal boss themes are not as great as the older ones yet the final and post game boss themes are great. It's like he's want to make the boss theme grand but knows he can't make it as overwhelming as the final boss theme so they end up feeling pretty forgettable. It doesn't hold weight like the boss themes from 2 or 3.

You're a part of Holla Forums. Make a thread then.

I actually picked up this game about 4 days ago, and it's pretty great, but it has some flaws. Some anons are probably going to call me a casual for that, but shit, this game can be be frustrating, you can progress just fine and then hit a stop where you are going to have to grind no matter what and dying over and over again on the same monster because you can't escape or just loose everything you did because you randomly stumbled upon a foe that kill your entire party in one hit is not that fun.

Those aren't flaws. You are being a turbo casual and this is one of the easier games in the series. No where near as hard as Dungeon Travelers 2 either. Instead of explaining why the game is impossible, ask for advice.

For one, you never need to grind for the main story. Grinding is for people who refuse to learn how to play the game properly or don't use all their tools when needed. RPGs since the SNES age have been designed to where you never need to grind for the main story, as long as you understand where you went wrong.

For one, FOEs don't randomly pop out. There is a indicator at the bottom of your screen that tells you how close an FOE is. And if you're about to enter a battle while in the path of an FOE, try to run out of the path of the FOE or escape from the battle as fast as possible. Battling FOEs isn't about level, leveling comes naturally from just exploring, completing quests, and battling. You need good equipment to beat an FOE and most of the time, you're not supposed to fight the FOE the first time you meet them. Maybe later, once you get to the next floor and get some weapons and armor from the monsters there. Now you may be able to take on the FOE, assuming you can come up with a good strategy.

Post your team setup and their formation. Tell us how much armor they have on, if any. What skills are you investing into? Do you have a general idea of how your team synergy will work? Or you dying because the tank isn't tanking, the enemy not dying fast enough, or is your formation full of holes?

Understanding these things will help you pick up the game faster and continuously win. I'll explain game mechanics and strategies if you need some help.

The first stratum tends to be a bit rocky. Once you're progressed a bit and your characters have had time to develop into their niches things go much more smoothly.
Either that or you've completely fucked up your builds.

I think this applies to all EO games, first stratum tends to be the hardest as your party doesn't have enough skill points to consistently perform well.

I ordered EMD yesterday. It's going to be my first roguelike that I payed money for. (another may be Caves of Qud once it's out of early access) May I ask a few questions? Do you think you generally have enough time to prepare for DOEs when they start coming to you base? Does diagonal movement cause trouble?

I tried getting into EO3, but I just couldn't come up with a decent party comp. My landsknecht did garbage damage, prince wasn't nearly as tanky as I had hoped, etc, etc.

Also what's the deal with people talking about buying 3DS games? Is there something they don't know?

Fatlus isn't a cucked studio (yet) and I don't mind others supporting them for the moment.

Grinding should always be done on the over-world map, as you can force the foes into shining golden rarity by feeding them the appropriate foods.

You're right that part doesn't, at the same time time you don't throw a story based franchise into the mix then do jack shit with it while hoping the battle system holds it up for you.
And compared to 5 and U1 its dungeons arent as good. It only beats U2
Being too easy is also a terrible thing.

If I hadn't gotten the PC versions I would count Shovel Knight and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for the 3DS library.

Those are multiplats though, they don't really matter.

And the 3DS just can't compete with being able to use computer peripherals for the games.

The 3DS can compete with PC by using Shantae's 3D titties, and also being super portable compared to even a laptop.

I was referring to the fact that all the games are free.

I always play my 3DS in the comfort of my room though, I couldn't imagine being able to enjoy it in public.

I move my 3DS all over my house and when I visit friends I bring it with me just in case we all fall to our own devices while talking. I do the same with a chromebook running a normal Linux distro but the 3DS also fits in my pocket and gets better battery life when playing games. Also doesn't require a seperate controller for playing.

Why are mages so shit.

I like how they did them in 4 with the Ice/Fire/Lightning fields so they're important to your team's defense as well. Also they're meant to be tied with linking with the landshark.

When building them, I think it's best to focus on one element for every type. Like Fire single target, Ice AOE, and lightning full screen. That way you can cover every element but not waste points trying to be a jack of all trades. Also you can give them one of those status effect weapons that deal shit damage but have a high chance to inflict something. Giving them even less armor will make them move faster too.

They've always been glass cannons. Their damage is only shit if you don't beef out one element quickly.

It's percentage based you dingus. I think when it's maxed out it gives something like +50%.

Do you ever try to design your EO3 and EO4 parties around not having a single subclass combination overlap?
Not the most optimal party, but the variety's fun. I just wish this game had EO5's summon system so there wouldn't be any conflict between Ninja clones and Wildling Summons.

There could be an EO3U with EO5's mechanics but after how EO2U turned out then I don't want anymore Untold shit.

You playing 1 or something? 3 and on has pretty competent mages.

The Zodiac's Meteor is so good.

There's almost no grinding in EO so long as you don't go too crazy with respecs. Make sure you're carrying threads of Ariadne at all times.