Earth Defense Force General

Earth Defense Force General

Is it possible for me to copy my save data from a torrented version onto my steam version? They both have separate save data but seem to say they're in the same location.

Other urls found in this thread:

puu.sh/sCoY4/5b782597e3.zip
steamcommunity.com/groups/VDFInfinite
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I heard that an user was able to do it; but I wouldn't personally knpw since I bought the game at launch.

Every time I play fencer I take some slight variation of hand cannon/spear for dash extending + shield/minigun. Every single time I tried to deviate from this I had a bad time. Any fun loadouts ?

Are the DLC levels any good? And what of the DLC weapons?

Everytime I play fencer I double stack lock on missiles. Just stand back and watch the show like the bombing of Fallujah.

What other times did Holla Forums lie to you?

I dont have a pc good enough to run EDF. Should i get a ps4 copy?

fuck you carlos

I have been waiting for a good sale since it released so I can get my friends to play it with me. Why do jap games never have good sales?

You're supposed to shoot the bugs, dummy.

This might be a bit late but you have to hex edit your saves to transfer them. Your saves are marked with the steam64 ID your crack used. You will have to find your current steam64 ID and hex edit the saves to replace the ID currently in the save. Good luck

Get HxD or another hex editor, go to saveslot0x folders and replace 4 picrelated bytes of every file in your torrented save with same bytes from steam save you'll notice they are all same, then move it to steam save folder. It might bug and have something not restored, in that case copy modified files again till it works. As usual make backups before you do that shit.

Sell the PS4

I haven't seen on of these threads in over a fucking month what the fuck. Do we still have Holla Forums rooms? Did that one BR faggot with the traps fuck off forever?

YOU KNOW NOTHING OF FIREWORKS

Winter goyim sale when?

Pay full price, its worth every penny
get the mission packs on sale though

December 22nd usually. I know that's when I'll be picking it up.

Do all the versions of the game work off the same save data?

Thanks bud, you saved me 20 hours of game time effort

Any new news on EDF 5?

Nothing new Satan

How toaster friendly is this game?

I know it sometimes runs like shit and isn't graphically demanding, but I'm wondering if all the action on screen could cause CPU/GPU overload.

I can't join my bud's game, it either says "UNable to Join" or "Room is full" (its not)

I'm not Holla Forums by any means but I don't see how that's a toaster. I doubt EDF will give it trouble at any rate, there's a lot of shit onscreen for sure, but it's rather simple effects-wise.

Was this ever finished?

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

Dumb question, but does 4.1 include 4 as well or does it require base game?

4.1 is just the updated PS4 version and the one that found its way on PC. It's a full game, don't worry.

They're basically the same game so it depends on what you have available. But try to avoid 2025 on PS3. The framerate and loadtimes are horrible.

4.1 is just an expanded version of 4/2025 on PS3/360.

Yeah, I mean the IDs, this being Holla Forums and the post count should be enough.

The watermark is added when you use the screencap feature you giant insects.

Whats your point?

My point is you're an obvious newfag for taking issue with it months after its implementation.

Are you retarded?

It doesn't work anymore. At least not with images

I don't need to change IPs to call you a faggot or to call you out on being a retard who thinks complaining about a retarded decision by Jimbo and Codemonkey is being a newfag.

Thanks for shitting good game thread, retards.

My bad
Whats your favorite class user?

What about my post led you to believe I didn't know how it got there? It's a shit feature for shit people and we don't need to be advertising with our screencaps like fucking 9gag.

Try checking IDs next time, newfag.

Fencer, always fencer. I love WD movement and Ra CQC fighting but after having a taste of fencer weapons I can't go back. Mini nuke launcher, I mean two mini nuke launchers, minigun that spins miniguns, dual wielding tank cannons, massive missile barrages, pile driver, rocket hammers, back-in-your-face shield and b-but-my-mouse-sens-is-already-at-max flamethrower, no other class has shit like that, rapier is sweet and balaam is FUN but it's nearly not enough. Btw Leviathan is the best underground mission weapon, even better than C70 strapped bike.

wew lad

I really really hope fencers return

You shut damn month matey

Anyone up for some vdf?

Lets do it
I main Air Raider but I want some better weapons on the other classes

I'm still to baby for inferno.

Start grinding faggot
Better yet, git gud

I'm sure they will, who cares though, they're easily outclassed by a Velgata :^)

Room's name VDF, join in
We'll figure something out, even if we have to carry your shit, just join in insuferable faggots

It was fun being and onii-chan to a fencer, both of us laying down the hurt.

join in faggot and satan

This better be good faggot

had to recreate the room because limits
join in the new one i just made

what would you guys say to air and sea vehicles in EDF?

There's already choppers nigger
I wouldn't mind some vertical jets and bomber planes though

since the choppers handle like ass some jets would be great
although I always wanted them to do mega vehicles the size of alien crafts and have massive battles with them

What the fuck is the Javelin Catapult good for? How do you even aim it?

GATSU YOU NIGGER STOP SUCKING DICK AND GET BACK HERE

any more space in the room?

For going fast.

You mickey?

no I was about to boot up the game if there was a space

I just had to leave because reasons so yeah, there's a slot

You see ranger, when robot get close, every vehicle is air vehicle

nevermind I forget this shit is regionlocked online and I cant be bothered to switch right now

They unlocked the regionlock ages ago

The second patch removed it

Any room in the server? What's the name you use?

I can make another if anons want

What's the procedure for joining up with Holla Forums? You can't password protect the servers can you?

Fuck yes please

I probably wouldn't be able to play that level

I just deleted my save data by accident. help

Did you empty it out of your recycle bin, retard?

I did it from the selection screen. I kept kitting the button that would close the game but I guess it was delete you data button on that. I'm scared

Javelin and jackhammer for even more speed and close-range brawling.
Double blast spear (the one with the jets) plus cannon for being able to just jet constantly and never slow down.

double light mortars is a pretty formidable set

Well seeing as how I have to get all of my shit again, anyone have the auto pickup script?

I ran it on Medium with worse specs than yours, you'll be fine

There's programs you can download that might be able to help. "Pandora Recovery" came up in my google searches.

Just beat the game as Ranger

also spoilers because I glad I didn't know THERE WAS GOING TO BE FUCKING DRAGONS HELL YEAH

I think its gone.
God dammit, I'm upset.
I'll google around for the auto pick up shit so its less of a pain in the ass this time.

actually I can't find it, someone pls dump

while this isn't the code that I think people here are thinking of, this script should help. it changes the values of the boxes you pick up, so you can make the game think you picked up 10,000 armor boxes

puu.sh/sCoY4/5b782597e3.zip
hopefully I did that correctly

I don't wanna cheat outright, collecting boxes sucks though.

well, you can set the value to a fairly reasonable amount, like 20 or so, and just play through missions like normal. you don't have to use it to break the game, but how much do you enjoy grinding vs how much do you enjoy high level play?

Does Holla Forums play together regularly? I want to get it but I'd rather not get it if the MP is dead.

We sort of have a group of regulars, but it's completely disorganized and we have no meeting places outside these threads as it should be, fuck discordfags

EDF is perfectly fun solo, with the possible exception of air raider, although it might just be because I'm shit at the class.

Are they mostly Yuropoors or Burgers?

It just seems it's meant to be played as a CO-OP game. Some videos I've seen of the AI just shooting walls is retarded.

That said it's probably only a problem on harder difficulties.

No idea but this game has remarkable netcode and lag isn't an issue. I've played with a jap, aussie and burger in the same room and did not see a speck of lag

Could it be you were the connection host?

Nop

why is every class except wing diver so agonizingly slow?

Because you don't know how to fencer. Also WD literally trades firepower for mobility while Ra can move, shoot and dodge at the same time.

probably because its not a pvp game

Anyone wants a VDF, like right now?

I'm up for removing giant incests.

Yeah, lets do it

I need 5 minutes, but yeah let's do it then.

ready?

I'm so fucking sorry.
VDF's up

remade the room for limits, get in

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fucking thing only showing me two lobbies.
Showed me more for a fraction of a second

Having some difficulty on Preventing Landfall, anyone want to help me out?

just post a room

Made one with the comment VDF

I hate to be "that guy" but perhaps we should make a steam group so we can organize rooms?

There already is one. Never gets used though.
steamcommunity.com/groups/VDFInfinite

Pretty much this
You can hit shit with it but it's most common use is to cancel/reset dashes so you can chain them. Makes fencer actually move fast.

anyone wants vdf

Maybe, what difficulty?

limitless-hardest/inferno, as always

Ill play, I need equipment and shit after nuking my save. Thats if you feel like carrying me.

Git on VDF

so tell me this game defaults to esdf movement

Thanks for the gunz, drop the script when you geta sec.

anyone wants some vdf

sure, I need to be carried though.

Does anyone know of any other EDF clones out there besides DynaMarisa?

Too bad that that tank cannon bigger than the fencer is no stronger than the rangers sniper rifle

I was playing 2025 on PS3 and the framerate is fucking terrible. It looks like a neat game, though. Any tips for a newcomer with split screen?

The watermark is out of the way and easily cropped out. I don't see the issue here.

How do you use that file?

Play it however you want, but try to keep in mind that Normal and Easy are for babies. Hard is the normal of this game. Hardest and Inferno are where things start to get tough.

Heck, I forgot to create the room that day.
Anyone wants some VDF in 15-30 mins?

SON OF A BITCH WHERES THE EDF5 NEWS?
FUCKING MONTHS WITHOUT A PEEP WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

They're making it, you dumbass. Their budget is probably like, 100k, they can't go around showing every single small update

ROOM UP
Name's VDF, time to play the waiting game now

Its dead, Jim.

yeah it's been like 4 hours, what do you expect

FUK U PLAY AGAIN