AHAHAHAHA...

AHAHAHAHA, THIS IS RANDYS PLAN TO SAVE GEARBOX FROM THE CATASTROPHIC STILLBIRTH OF BLUNDERBORN: BULLET STORM FOR PS4 STARRING DUKE NUKEM

This is fucking rock bottom. THIS is his backup plan?

I have not laughed so hard at anothers misfortunes, what a fucking idiot.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/804539291590279168
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Their plan is a pack of niggers making faces? Sounds like typical Gearbox alright

Are they're going to do an advertising piece mocking every modern fps trope again, only to do every single one of them on their game?

They arent even making anything. Its not a sequel, its a upscale rerelease of a previous blunder with duke nukem forever sprinkled on top.

Think about that. He thinks this is the ace in the hole to save his company and bar.

Source these claims so I may harvest salt from geardrones

Sonys currently shilling it on their twitter.

I don't know why and frankly i dont want to know.

They're still planning another Borderlands. They'll continue surviving so long as casual continue buying their games. We won't be seeing the last of Gearbox for a long time to come.

???

Wait, I thought EA owned Bulletstorm.

they do, but apparently they feel like throwing in with a bunch of irredeemable failures

People Can Fly owns the intellectual property rights to Bulletstorm. They co-developed the game with Epic, and published it via EA.
EA has no involvement other than possible funding, and publishing.

So, we are getting a good Duke Nukem game then?

Barely survive.

Randy sure did almost completely screwed Gearbox over by betting on Stillborn.
The development and advertising cost from that piece of shit was more than the Borderlands series combined, Randy said in an interview that the second game cost around 30-40 million in development and estimates on the others in the series is at least 20 million.

Most likely this is a move to extract quick shekels using the Douk IP.

Well at least I hear Bulletstorm is alright.

I still wonder though, why is Gearbox publishing it? The two franchises seem so far unrelated.

I'm pretty happy with this tbh, Bulletstorm was already just a next gen Duke game anyway.

Too bad it's not a PC thing to be honest. I mean say what you want but that shit was definitely worth the pirate.

Isn't it obvious?

EA isn't going to just let another studio publish it. Gearbox bought the rights to it. And it's probably going to be a better deal for EA since it sold like shit and they didn't even bother to remaster it.

Most likely Gearbox wants to get into the publishing business because they think it'll be more profitable than developing shit games nobody plays.

What are the chances of Gearbox going under from this?
Honestly looks like it's imminent, this is an idiotic move.

I'm actually excited over this, can't wait to see it bomb.

user they're not being bankrupted from buying a failing IP and remastering a video game.

Most likely this is all just P/R for an upcoming Duke Nukem game. It makes sense given they did a remaster of 3D recently

Where does Blunderborn fit in there? Those cosplayers weren't cheap.

Hate me and it all you want, i actualy enjoyed that game. Im pumped for this, though wtf is with duke?

What is actually different about the game? A fucking remaster? It looked fine on PC. Will it be full price? I heard that the duke thing was preorder only too.

They aren't that desperate, right?

But why this sudden change in business now?

It looks to be a remastered with some stuff added in, new maps, levels, etc. Duke is a reskin for the main character with voice lines.

>CLIP

It ran on GFWL

probably Battleborn's failure. It cost them a lot. They probably want a secondary source of revenue. It's not a bad idea and they'd probably be more successful publishing video games than developing bad ones.

The hell is up with that faggoty music?

Oh right I forgot GFWL the game engine, right? Because last time I checked, GFWL has shit to do with graphics.

I'm referring to why the remaster is a good thing. Since it means people won't have to put up with it.

According to the Steam page it lists multiplayer shit as well so that means that could also come back. Since afaik with GFWL going down it took down the multiplayer as well

It's worse than I could have possibly imagined.

Fuck off GearBox

The song fits the tone they're going for very well.
Also
Just admit you're a fan of cock user.

I thought it was pretty fun. But this is a weird ass announcement. Shit's from 2011 and sold pretty awful.

There has to be a GFWL removal patch somewhere. But as far as MP goes….yeah it's a great idea but it's not worth a full price game. BF Revive brought BF2 and 2142 back completely independently.

Yeah but it's not a vacation. It's more like the MCs dumb ass getting 2 of his buddies killed and the last surviving one stranded on a hostile planet but alive just enough to shit talk him endlessly.

$10 says that next up is Homefront 1: Remastered.

Which means this time next year, EA will own Gearbox.

It's most likely just p/r for an upcoming Duke Nukem game.

It makes sense given how much of a p/r nightmare Duke Nukem Forever was and how much of a shitstorm there'll likely be over a new game.

The amount of salt lobbied towards Gearbox from both fans and sjws over a new Dook game is what I'm excited for. It's going to be glorious

Might as well be considering it's a score based video game that doesn't take that aforementioned story seriously in the slightest.

Gearbox probably isn't doing so well financially but if I was EA it wouldn't be the first developer I'd pick to buy out. They tend to only buy financially successful devs.

Alright folks, take your bets. How is Bitchford going to fuck this one up?

So far he seems to be doing the swearing excessively thing the characters in bulletstorm already do.

Of course they're desperate. They can see their sales figures, and the sounds they'll make on wall street will serve as a warning to the rest.

You're shitting me, right? A literal "fan of cock" would make a better soundtrack then this shit they're going for.

You can be gay if you want, it's current year after all, but there's no need to keep telling everyone how much you love chodes.

OK, what's with the bait almost as shit as their soundtrack? And you'd use shit with tempo like related for a FPS.

RANDY THINKS THIS FUCKING BOWEL MOVEMENT IS OLDSCHOOL
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, THIS GUY

It's a trailer user. Do you think Mad World was part of the Gears of War soundtrack?

It's not part of the game's soundtrack, it's just a silly thing they're doing for the trailer. Have you never seen an advertisement before?

Bulletstorms main problem was that it had incredibly boring enemies.

And I don't see how this will fix it.

LEAVE BULLETSTORM ALOOOOONEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wonder what other hilarious memes they will come up with in that game.

None idiot, unless they added some cuck lines for Cuck Nukum. They are just re-publishing the game with a gay ass subtitle

Soooo…. Gearbox (supposedly a video game development company) is going to yet again re-release a game they had nothing to do with instead of… I don't know… developing some video game? Color me fucking surprised.
I'm eagerly waiting for the day they'll announce the re-release of Colonial Marines with Duke Nukem.

They don't have any money left to make another game.
And they're not talented enough to pull out a Final Fantasy.

Jesus.

I mean they added Duke saying Bazinga for the trash edition of nukem so I wouldn't put it past them

Most here were watching the Game Awards at the time

Not even Gears of war 3 beta could sale bulletstorm back in the day. what were they thinking?

I doubt that

That actually sounds believable. I'm waiting for them to remaster brothers in arms with gay romance DLC.

Technically, this is what happened. But it was in 1933.

>>>/oven/

what in the living fuck are they doing

I actually really liked the origional bulletstorm, why do they have to do this to me?

Gearbox just have to kill everything you love

bewp

I liked the concept of it.

They poorly ported their 3D model of Duke from DNF, and forgot to add the alpha map into the model.

2nd pic related, it's how Duke was supposed to look on the final build of Duke Nukem Forever before Gearbox douchefied him.

How well did that last duke nukem game sold? Because even the biggest Duke cocksuckers had a pretty tepid reaction to "Duke 3D, but with an extra campaign and commentary from some random cocksucker"

Also, apparently the Duke DLC is only free with preorder, so i guess you're gonna have to pay extra shekels if you don't preorder goys~

It's already happening. Gearsbox is screwing gamers who already bought the game on steam.

twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/804539291590279168

Oh it's much worse than that, user. They made the sound worse in most places, broke modding and removed the superior version from the store.

original had multiplayer shit too,
survive waves and regular shoot each other

I want to fuck that jewish rabbit.

Randy is such a fucking piece of shit that he could be the CEO of Zenimax.

This is just bad comedy, no way it is real?

You know Duke's brand is tarnished when his presence in the trailer only makes this game less appealing. And I quite liked Bulletstorm back then.

The only reason Pitchford bought out douk is because he wanted to destroy what in his eyes is an icon of masculinity.

all they have to do is not charge full AAA price for their games. their judiasm is literally killing them, they are not as big as they think.

Sadly Duke is the Family Guy of videogames now. Take it from a Silent Hill fan, sometimes dead is better.

This makes sense

CLIP

Man, it's painfully clear they're doing this to try and scrape some money together without spending any. Attaching one of the most failed characters in his recent years to a game that didn't really garner much attention just because they own the rights. It'll be fun seeing how they manage to completely fuck up while doing so little, though.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty fun. Regardless, I still think this is outright disrespectful for both IPs. Pitchford needs to be laughed out of the industry already.

To hell with Biodrones, Geardrones are just outright subhuman.

insulting people has proven to be great for publicity the last decade or so

Most of those were cheeky, Randy does that shit out of outright contempt.

I actually kinda liked bulletstorm, could've done a let better by it but for what it was it was a decent buy if you got it cheap and just wanted to play it once

Um, did they get a new guy to voice Duke?

No John Saint John has just gotten old.

And grown a bit of a vagina.

And has obviously been infected with Gearbox-itis, where anyone affected by it feels no need to actually give a shit about their work.

do i detect a hint of jealousy

I juat realised this but the one made by 3D realms looks nicely grizzled, like Big Boss or Sean Connery.
I hate cucks

It sold like shit, the Megaton Edition sold a lot more on it's first week.

Well, AA publishing is coming back

I think this was partially because one of their original plans for DNF was to make Duke much older. Like in his 50s.

I wish they would've gone with this since it would've hammered in the idea of resurrecting an aging franchise really nicely. MGS4 tried to do something similar with how it had a theme of the main character being past his prime in a new era.

It hurts how the end result was basically gutted and released and still was a fun game. Just knowing how much better it was and how the devs worked on the game out of their homes after 3DR shut down shows that it was one of the last great works of passion

This.
Jon is actully pretty good in Rad Rodgers

Jon is a total cuck now.

Duke Nukem Forever was a Frankenstein passion project of George Broussard who seemingly kept it going based entirely on pride and ego.

Bare in mind that at the time when the 2001 trailer was made. They had already scrapped that build of the game because another game had come out that made it look worse in comparison. And they felt like they had to start over development rather than just finish what they had. They were so obsessed with making Duke Nukem Forever the definitive game of a generation that they seemingly didn't care about anything else.

Like they even shat on their fanbase. Bare in mind at one point DNF was going to be built for the PS3 and not the PC because they saw dollar signs, during that time period when devs were fighting for PS3 dev kits due to how well the PS2 sold and how later devs like John Carmack called the cell processor a disaster. It delayed the game even further. This was also fueled by how Prey apparently sold somewhat decently on the 360 so they thought consoles were the way of the future and not PC. This also was the reason why DNF did not include an SDK like 3D. Despite a lot of it's devs originally being modders of 3D, and several of the game's levels being based on fanmade 3D levels. (The most prominent one being Hoover Dam)

Speaking of which the Hoover Dam level in Forever also lead to the game being delayed because in the 90s 3D engines couldn't render an actual Dam to a sufficient scale and framerate. So they had to switch engines for that reason. And the only reason it was being included was because George wanted it.

They eventually got to the point where they started doing something EA is well known for now. They started hiring students with no experience and started working them ragged on the game. Most didn't even know if it would get released and they couldn't quit and have an unreleased game on their resume. And most were laid off anyway well before the game released because of the lawsuit and Gearbox taking over the project.

It is really hard to call DNF a "passion project" as much as an ego trip and one that should be studied as to how not to make a sequel to a game people like.

It's weird looking back on DNF since there were Duke games released in between 3D and Forever that were made purely to keep fans interested in a sequel. And most of them ended up being way better than Forever was.

I only got it for some Gears of War promotion they were bundling it with, but I actually liked it quite a bit and I'm usually not even interested in the FPS genre.

THE FUCKING IRONY

Manhattan Project was great.

I was mostly referring to Time to Kill. Hence the embedded video. Since that game was such a surprise that it was so good.

I remember being so excited that Interceptor had apparently found it's source code but it seems highly unlikely it'll ever be released given the franchise now belongs to Gearbox and they probably don't give a fuck about re-releasing it.

Zero hour and land of the babes were pretty sweet as well, in fact, at the time they were the best 3d action/adventure games that even blew Tomb Raider out of the water, especially in the technical department.

I skipped Bulletstorm the first time because of EA and their online pass bullshit.

Now I can skip it again due to Gearbox.

The demo was fun though.

Might be better this way. Duke has come to a point where he has to prostitute himself into other licenses, just like Sonic did with Mario and his Olympic games. At this point, there might be a Cooking Mama feat. Duke Nukem. A fate worse than death, and Gearbox keeps going with it.
Let the poor duke die already.

At least Sonic picked himself up in the past five years and those two new games look great.
Duke on the other hand.

Honestly how soon until a brothers in arms reboot happens?

Don't you mean, Sisters in arms, operation - privilege checking.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't go for a crossover with Serious Sam or nuDoom.

Who let this low-testosterone retard buy the Duke Nukem IP?

hahaha, you fuckers seriously thinking Battleborn is going to kill the company?

I'm in the fucking Fortnite Alpha and its a flat out fucking train wreck

Its Tower Defense + RUST + MICROTRANSACTION HELL = FUCK YOU

It's a mobile phone FTP game design as a PC game, its so fucking bad that the ALPHA has microtransactions in order to proceed

Let me lay out how this shit works

-Traps, weapons and base materials require resources
-Resources you get from mining shit
-Mining shit gives ASTRONOMICALLY LOW payouts
-The only way to proceed smoothly is to bow to Jewford and pay FUCKING INSANE amounts just to get enough base resources to proceed

Did I mention your weapons take fucking massive resources? AND THEY BRAKE?

So you're trying to earn resources to make better weapons, but your current weapons keep breaking, and so you have to keep replacing your weapons as well as trying to get resources to get materials to build traps and base parts

DID I MENTION THAT YOUR BASE PARTS DON'T CARRY OVER BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO START THE FUCK OVER EVERY NEW MAP?

DID I MENTION THAT A SHITLOAD OF THESE MATERIALS ARE CLASSIFIED AS RARE, AND THE ONLY RELIABLE WAY TO GET THEM IS TO PAY FOR THEM?

Battleborn may have been the gaping wound to the company, but Fortnite is going to fucking destroy it

Proof I am not talking out of my ass

I literally did not hear about this new Queerbox game until now.

Same. Looks like they put all their budget into trying to make waifus.

It was mega hyped and announced five fucking years ago, since then nothing as they attempt to make the most jewish F2P game ever

And Tara Strong or somebody that sounds mega similar is the opening female protagonist you have to help out or some shit, I honestly forget who was playing it

This game is made by Epic. Not gearbox. How can you be in the Alpha and not know that?

It's also being developed by what used to be developers of Painkiller and Bulletstorm

So Gearbox is dead? Excellent news. 2016 cannot ever end.

Wait wat. When the fuck did gearbox buy Bulletstorm?

Fucking hell, now I know why it didn't have a fucking sequel after that semi-cliffhanger the ending had.
I hope Gear box HQ explodes. Bankruptcy isn't enough for them.

From what I was told its PCF, Epic, Gearbox all working together on this

A bunch of random nonsesne. Just because nuDoom is shit doesn't mean my old Doom and all the .wads I have have turned to shit. The cunts at "Everything is Terrible" need to kill themselves.

I doubt the people who made that video even care about anything in that.

Those poor bastards, they didn't deserve this fate.

atleast fortnite has waifus.

don't worry the important parts of PCF are now developing super cool and graphically impressive walking simulators

you should post some pics of them

THICC

lol.

Please tell me her arm tattoo says "Build A Wall".

I'd like to say "Remember when Jon St John used to be cool?" but then I remember, I never liked JSJ in the first place.

Trump should have gotten Serious Sam's VA.
Or Postal Dude.

I thought it was fun too. However, couldn't play it on PC due to GFWL, so a remaster is actually brilliant on their part.

Still, Pitchford is a fucking faggot, so I'll wait for the crack if it comes out.

So is this Gearbox now? Since Blunderborn was such a failure they're just going back to rereleasing old games? How about they make Half Life: Opposing Force 2 while they're at it since it's the only good game they ever made.

Yeah, fine, alright. No sin.

Roll my eyes.

Okay, I chuckled.

Apparently you get that line after you kill a bunch of female characters. There could've been some potential giggles there if anyone had given even one shit about that game.
> Gearbox's game Battleborn endorses killing feminists!

Yeah, no.
Too bad BiA was taken out to the mobile games barn to die.

This is why Gearbox's freefall in quality upsets me. brothers in arms is still one of my favorite shooters, definitely my favorite WWII shooter. DNF, Colonial Marines, Borderlands, on top of Gearbox mocking and insulting anyone that sees they're constantly doing a terrible job, everything about Gearbox is a disaster. It's a shame, but no surprise so many people are championing for the death of Gearbox. They provide nothing adequate, they lie constantly, and have the gall to act like they're better than everyone else.

Gearbox may be the first example for the industry to show why it isn't a good idea to hire SJWs.

Didn't they announce Fornight like six years ago? I figured that shit would have been released by now.

why
bulletstorm had a good MC there is no reason to replace him with this edgy tryhard shit
what the fuck

To be fair, Randy Pitchford has always been a douchebag, even during the brief period of time he worked at 3D Realms before founding Gearbox people thought he was an asshole, i think back then there were enough people on Gearbox able to tolerate him and not use his terrible ideas.

i want to spend a fortnite in her ass

There's like 5 of them though

Why can't they give duke his own game, and maybe make a bulletstorm 2 and fire anthony burch.

I thought that was Bioware.

1. That would take money
2. They can't steal money from Sega this time
3. They are beyond desperate for quick cash that they can funnel into the next Borderlands so they can stay afloat

They don't want to do any real games, just rerelease old ones.

What about, and this is a little crazy here but bare with me, they DON'T make another bordomlands?

the only good one was the first and that was only after you got all the DLCs for it.

I thoguht this was fake. Even after reading it on the PSN blog, I still think it's fake.

There's nothing in the world that can convince me that this isn't some sort of elaborate troll.

I know Gearbox is full of shit but I refuse to believe that they're –this– full of shit.

I used to love Cuck Suckem when I was a kid, had Duke3D, Duke it out in DC, played the 64 version of Duke, I spent countless hours in the build editor making my own maps (which I think I was decent at)…

And in the end, Duke is dead. Duke is done. It's over, the franchise is fucking dead, Gearcux and 3D Fails managed to destroy a potentially priceless IP and series with too much time spent on a bad idea, an aging voice actor who clearly is the polar opposite of the character he voices, and shitty re-releases that lacked the expansions of previous re-releases with god awful tacky memes tucked in for good measure.

Congratufuckinglations, Gearcux, you've successfully neutered Duke Nukem. Not that id Software is doing any better…