Intel Kaby Lake CPU's early benchmark results

archive.is/ezz3x
archive.is/lSc8o

INTEL BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

please
8ch.net/tech/res/684673.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multinational_companies_with_research_and_development_centres_in_Israel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why?

Gaming benchmarks.

Because some people are too stupid and have money to waste.

Also jesus christ what the fuck is up with those temps that's just unacceptable

Singularity fags btfo.

They've adapted to AMD's space heater technology.

Will Zen be able to out blunder Intel?

I thought Kaby Lake was supposed to be slower than Skylake but optimize for power consumption?

2016 is a magical year. I am sure 2017 will be when AMD becomes great again.

I have faith in AMD's ability to fuck up anything and also their faith in the ability to eventually fix it to be only a little subpar.

The only reason to upgrade is Gen 6 emulation, which requires heavy STP performance. The 7700K, coincidentally, blows everything else the fuck out with STP, so if you're building a Gen 6 emulation box, 7700K is the way to go.

Trips confirm, Zen is this decades Athlon.

at least amd gives you good cooler in packaging, intel could improve there too

yeah I forget that its botcpu now with wifi radio inside
please use archive.is/2012/02/20/intel-puts-cpu-and-wifi-radio-on-same-chip/

I warned you about Intel bro I told you dog

This is a whole new level of jewish surveillance, ffs.

And still worse single thread performance than Haswell. My last hope is that IBM's Power takes off in the workstation market.

amd zens will have similiar thing just not on wifi, seems like its mandatory thing nowadays

Intel doesn't care about the consumer desktop space anymore.
All they care about is their mobile SoCs.

I would say I'm excited for Zen, simply because it's a real SMT 8C/16T CPU and I'm still lugging around my i7 3770K, but AMD is the master of fuck ups so I doubt it'll be anything more than a side grade in terms of game performance.

At least my .webms will encode fast as shit, I guess.

kys

Underage fag detected. All of this has already happened once before.

Back when you were still in diapers, Intel got lazy with the massive success of the Pentium 3, tried resting on their laurels with releasing the massively bloated and energy wasting Pentium 4 with the same type of over priced Intel tax that they use now. Then AMD packed their shit in with the Athlon 64. After which point Intel launched the core series processors, and adopted the tick tock development cycle to try and regain their footing.

only thing amd can do is catch up the question is how much

AMD also has its own equivalent of Intel AMT too. I can only assume that the CIA or the Chinese government or somebody else with a lot of power and an interest in surveillance is behind this.

Good job, goys.

(Phys.org)—Justin Rattner, Chief Technology Officer at Intel, got up on stage at a recent Developer Forum sponsored by the company and talked about some of the communications technology it's working on; chiefly a chip it calls Rosepoint, a System on a Chip (SoC) that has a dual core Atom processor along with a WiFi radio transceiver. It's the culmination of ten years of research he told the audience, in trying to integrate digital processing with analog radio signals.

Intel even claims it can fit the RF antenna onto a chip too, but it doesn't want to show that off just yet.

normalfagFag detected

The point of the Toc CPUs is not to improve performance, it is to reduce the die size and maybe introduce a new feature or two, which Kaby Lake does, even though it is jewish HDMI DRM shit.

2500k here too, I was going to upgrade this year and then I realized there was no point.

I missed the golden age of PC ugpradan, just the same stale parts for years now.

Yup, 4 more years.

Praise kek let it be true.

I guess all that additional processing power goes towards the built-in spyware.

didn't Intel mention they're not going to make the new chips faster than skylake at all?

Damn I thought it was just me.

It's been known for years that Intel has Intel Management Engine on its CPUs. To shorten it, IME is like a backdoor to your computer and it uses wifi.

Kek

Me too. Just overclocked it a month or two ago. Only could get 4.3 out of my chip though.

I don't feel like making a thread for this question, so this one is probably as good a thread as any to ask. What's the best version of the RX 480 to buy?

Anything that's not reference. Although I'd recommend Sapphire due to having the least shit coolers.

Yeah, I heard Intel CPUs have pretty shitty default coolers so you have to buy a bigger cooler just to use your goddamn CPU normally.

I was originally going to go that route, but then I saw some videos about the XFX cards and now I'm not sure which card would be better.

You have no understanding of business at all do you? If they make it 50% better than the best CPU which they also make all they are doing is making it impossible to market 10 CPUs each with a 5% gain.
The only way to stop intel doing this is for them to have competition that actually makes the fastest CPU on the market and AMD is not that competition.

I agree with as I used Sapphires in a crypto mining rig, they were worked at 100% load 24/7 for over a year without any issues. The cards are still good now, I just got tired of running the rig.

Meanwhile I'm still rocking a Core 2 Quad q9450. Still see no reason to upgrade.

Those graphs you posted first make it look great if you don't read the x-axis labels.

Anyway, it's all a sham. Intel needs AMD to stay in business to avoid getting broken up as a monopoly, so they minimized investments into R&D improvements and/or held back actual improvements so that Zen can be more competitive when it launches. This will depress Intel's profits in the short term, but their future products will probably embarrass AMD in performance again and we'll return to the status quo, with AMD having received just enough of a cash infusion to avoid bankruptcy for another few years, but not enough to actually pay thousands of R&D engineers to keep pace with Intel. Next time AMD is on the ropes, this will happen again.

not wifi but 3G.

I see XFX being recommended a lot but I buy Saphires

To play crypto DRM'd games that look and run worse than those released a decade ago.

I wanna eat pussy too

Gotta compile fast

(Checked)

May kek be with us

Someone found an exploit to disable it.

8ch.net/tech/res/684673.html

This is an outright fucking lie, there has not been a clock per clock increase in performance outside of AES of more than 5% since fucking Sandy Bridge or games that require high speed ram access such as GTA5 etc

Unless you render/stream video all day long there is no reason to upgrade from whatever X600-X700 4/8 intel CPU you've bought since the 2600K as there has been less than 5% improvement since then

Just wait for the skylake-E 6 cores that will cost the same as 7700K's like everyone else and will as always blow them out of the fucking water because paying 30% more for 2 less cores and a built in GPU is not fucking worth it

Are we reaching the end of Moore's law?

I'm using a I5-750 ,I need an upgrade. I'm waiting for 8 zen which I need for virtualization.

No, it's just that Greed's law is too powerful.

Check if your mobo can run a Xeon x5660

My Intel CPU doesn't even have a fourth digit in it's model number. Don't even notice.

Intel already stated numerous times Kaby Lake will only be a modest upgrade from Skylake. They aren't even trying to hide this fact, they state outright it uses the same 14nm process as Kaby Lake. Hell, they're planning on sticking to the 14nm process as late as 2018 with Coffee Lake. And Intel is usually at the forefront of process change

Ever consider that maybe modern microprocessors are reaching the end of incremental improvement AKA Moore's Law? Intel might not even be able to get down to 10nm with Silicon and they may have to use exotic materials like Gallium-Arsenide?

How does this even stack against Zen anyways? Do we even know?

OP, I believe you're trying to start a flamewar

AMD's always said that Zen is targeting Haswell's IPC.

Here comes the shills.

And AMD fanboys will praise them because their chips are cheaper than Intels. Has there been any better case of when fanboys literally ruined a company? People could've been pushing for AMD to reach for higher performance with their wallets but they dug themselves into this hole. Now they're cornered into a niche market. Even Intel Atoms are beating their E-series at IPC

AMD used to be fucking great, they used to be an actual alternative. But whoever doesn't see they've royally fucked up in the past 10 years is delusional. Even the Opteron line is dead

Everyone sees that. It had nothing to do with fanboys and everything to do with shitty leadership and engineering. That's not a hole you dig yourself out of quickly, but Lisa Su's been doing a good job so far.

A jump from Bulldozer's grave up to Haswell in one generation is significant, especially if they deliver twice the cores at the same speed for a good price like they're promising.

One thing I think everyone can agree on is that we NEED competition. I really hope AMD delivers
AMD has no engineering at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if the design phase was outsourced along with their chip fabrication after they sold it off.

Moore's Law was already dead. The trend now is multi-core processors and specialized processors. The problem is that writing programs that utilize these new paradigms to the limits of Amdahl's Law is notoriously difficult where even the most skilled computer scientists make the most subtlest of mistakes.

Serves them right, they trusted the Jews.

As opposed to what exactly?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multinational_companies_with_research_and_development_centres_in_Israel

AMD, Intel, doesn't matter, its all Jews
Ironically Nvidia isn't on this list. Not even mentioning Intels CEO is a white Trump supporter but whatever

Hi, Unix.

Hey Holla Forums anons, how often should I change thermal paste? After 9 years my CPU and only my CPU is starting to heat up a lot, like everything else is in the 30-36 range while it goes to the 40s just for opening a browser and up to the 60s and 70s while playing vidya, and not even resource demanding vidya.

You should change it whenever your CPU starts running unusually hot and note when the last time it was you changed it

Make sure after applying thermal paste you apply the heat sink tight, not too tight that you risk cracking the CPU mind you, but tight enough to give good thermal compression. That is to say, more compression means better heat transfer from the IHS to the heat sink

What's the specs on that thing.

Literal toaster.
AMD phenom II
ati 6670
5 whole gigs of RAM POWER
500 gig HD
Anything I'm missing?
before you say anything I didn't buy it. I found it in a junkyard and literally only dusted it off and replaced a defective ram that would cause blue screens

Get some new thermal paste. I usually go for Arctic Silver but the brand doesn't matter that much
Take the heatsink off the CPU. Older boards have annoying clasps, but it shouldn't be too hard to remove. Make sure to do it gently or the CPU will stick to the heatsink.
Scrape the dry paste off the heatsink and processor. Get some isopropyl alcohol or specialized thermal paste cleaner and polish them clean
Add a tiny bit of thermal paste to the centre of the processor and stick the heatsink on top. Some people like to spread it with a credit card but putting the heatsink on does that anyway. You want something about the size of a grain of rice.
Attach the heatsink and turn the PC on

If you're on Windows use speccy to find the temps before and after, if you want.
I still have my original gaming PC somewhere. Pentium 4 processor, 256MB RAM, integrated ATI graphics. It could play GTA San Andreas and emulate the N64

Sounds like the future of gaming

and the future is now

depends on the thermal paste as some last longer than others but anything over 4 years is pushing it in my opinion.

I run a custom water cooled rig so I do full maintenance annually but it's not necessary to do it that ofter for air cooling. I would change the thermal paste on both the CPU and GPU as by now since it sounds like they have both never been serviced, I recommend Arctic MX-4 since it's cheap, gives good temps, and lasts a few years before it starts degrading.

That is a medium powered toaster \ fair jewel find among junkbin IMO. For me a toaster would be something below 1 or 2 gigs RAM (256-512 megs), pentium 3-4 CPU, 80 gig IDE HD. Cheapest I've found near my area for a toaster that is still below the spec of your 9 year old toaster is approx 20$.

I had an old off lease refurb optiplex intel p3 cpu, otherwise similar specs. Ran Lubuntu on it for a bit just for shits and giggles, surprised it still functioned for that long, when I dismantled it for recycling turns out the some of psu capacitor had leaked out sometime ago, but the thing still ran.

Is this bait or just legit stupidity?

No, it's true. The coolers that come with i5's and i7's are small and low quality so they don't sufficiently cool the chips which results in thermal throttling and performance loss.

My 2500k with the stock cooler never came close to dangerously high temperatures under load. I can't remember exactly what the temperature was but it wasn't much higher than 60. On top of that my case is 10 years old and the air flow is less than ideal.

trump is neocon so it doesnt matter one bit if someone supports him

meanwhile amd made their own hyperevo as stock cooler

XFX GTR. It uses max 100w, quiet and OCs pretty well.

What should I buy

AMD Zen will fuck InTelAviv in the ass.

Schlomo on suicide watch.

here's to (you)

I mean you gotta have a decent cooler when your cpu puts out the sun when idle

Why are we mostly stuck on quad cores?
Went from single to dual to quad now it's quad with some hex & even fewer octo.
Why don't they stick with making mostly hex at least?
If you're trying to implement "muh moore's law" you'd have tossed quad by now.

On a 2500k too, miss the good old days when there was a point in upgrading.

It's a pain in the ass for program developers, dealing with cpus with all different number of cores.

It's also bad for backwards compatibility.

Is this Intel fanboyism butthurt or a shill?

Because people should totally stick to their old Apple IIs. Last batch of hardware worth upgrading to happened back in about '09-'12. I'm sticking with my i5 3570k until it flat out burns out.

Because they make these to make money, not push the envelope of performance.