Dominions 4 and CoE General: Innovative Satyr Strategy Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a history teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

If you have a hard on for history, and mythology and want to pretend to be a god leading your followers into apocalyptic wars this is the game for you!

Join the steamgroup for multiplayer

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed)

jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.

larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

For testing battle formations and spells

dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

EVERYTHING ABOVE IS SHAMELESSLY PLAGIARIZED

CURRENT GAMES
That I'm aware of

DISCIPLES GAME

MA 8WIZARDS GENESIS
Team T.H.I.C.C vs The Aqua Reich
Ashdod, Pythium, Tein Chi, Xilbalba VS. Rlyeh, Shinu, Ys, and Eriu
Elves are on the defensive, Rlyeh went AI, but Xilbalba is under constant attack, will the Hungry Hungry Hebrews be able to rebuff their advances?

LASuccesorsOfAShitshow
Team Mooby vs Team Iron Pill
Gath, Ulm, Abysia, Marignon vs, Bogarus, Pangea, Midgard and Patala
Both sides have found each other, but peace is kept until end of year 2.

MiddleAgeM8s
Yomi has killed himself and gone AI, Ulm is near defeated, as well as Ctis, all that is left is Asphodel, Ashdod, Scelaria and Vanarus.
So far no aggressions just moping up AI Shinu however its turning to be quite the opponent for Vanarus.

EAItwillbefine
Our only EA game, wars breaking out everywhere, Ulm devoured by arco, who then went AI.
Whoever will come out on top only time will tell.

BLITZES
We had a blitz two weeks ago where everyone went AI.
We failed to have on in the last two weeks.
I suggest we have another one this saturday or friday and try to get as many people to join in.

If you are new to blitz its multiplayer but with hosted game on someone elses computer leading faster paced games.
CoE or also known as Conquest of Elysium is Dom4s little brother and quicker to play, but less people have it compared to Dom4.

We also have another EA game trying to get new players.
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EAThingsShouldBeFine

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MA8Ragnarok
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2927
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightScrubFight
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah. Just took another fort. Moving on another. Their cap is full of gobrins though, no telling which direction they'll go as they've been attacked by multiple nations. Their last thug died the turn after Shinu went AI.

Which is better?
Dominions or COE?
regardless is Ryleh

Dominions and COE are two very different games.
This question is like asking if FE is better than Civ, there really is no answer other than to follow your tastes.
I personally like Dominions better since it gives you at least some tactical control, COE doesn't even have unit scripting.

But doesn't COE allow more control of units during battles?
While it doesn't actually tell you which is better it is a pretty significant point when making comparisons

You can't place where your units are positioned, you can't choose what they do.
However you can give magic items to EVERY unit, commanders are even more important as you can only recruit them occasionally for some nations.

However Rlyeh in COE is the combination of Atlantis with Rlyeh, and is the only faction able to traverse into water reliably.

Sounds like something I really must try now.

They are even rarer too, as you cant reliably recruit them.
You do get cute squid hybrids for free though in coastal towns and villages.

As long as they have tentacles…

Warlocks can also get fairly easy access through the Warlock of Water. I think that Barbarians and Necromancers also have poor access through their various undead summons. For every other faction it's completely random.

That said, there's not much actually in the ocean worth bothering with.

Its mainly useful because you can circle the entire map without being bothered by indies and others.

Also some rare water locations.

Does this satisfy you Ikaposter?

True but you have to roll water and find a good amount of gems. I had a couple of champions of water running about underwater and I think the only things I found were some corals and pearl deposits that made like +2 gold a month. Not really worth going down there, much like the Void.

If it makes you feel better, void magic can roll the least restrictive of the enemy conversion spells, which you can use to get krakens.

You can also get the krakens through the 10 sacrifice summon spell.

sauce dispensers cannot into intelligence.

Eldritch Old gods are known to leak a variety of different substances
Also In japan anything can become a sauce

Finally got around to submitting a pretender for this:

Sent in mine too.

Seems like there is an update, nothing major really, a couple of generic fixes and modding variables, but remember to launch steam this time. Gamersgate installers are always behind so you probably want to activate it on steam to not fall back in updates so there is no problem with the PBEMs.

NEW TURNS FOR BOTH DISCIPLE GAMES

Also something I've noticed
DEEPEST LORE

What does it mean?
Which wishes got better?
WE MUST KNOW

Maybe you can wish for Grigori now.

Can I wish for gf

Theres a jpg of someone wishing for girls in game, however I cannot find it.

Need one more for this.

Just sent in Chyna

EATHINGSSHOULDBEFINE HAS STARTED

They can't remove Grigorius, he's too cool to get replaced by some Jewish edgelord.

If you wish for girls you get a couple of hundred virgins sent to your lab.

You can wish for friends too, which teleports all the inhabitants of a random province to the caster. I saw someone doing that as a water nation for laffs; it targets a land province so when they all go underwater, they drown.

MIDGARD DO NOT ATTACK THAT THRONE

Skinshifters are good, but they're not that good. A level 3 throne will fuck you up. Leave anything with a Neter, Annunaki, Titan or similar big badass alone for now. Small Thrones with wizards, you can probably beat those easy, but the big guys will drop army-wide buffs and army wiping spells like firestorm and shit. Leave them alone until you can do the same.

If I misread your moves, I apologize. Just wanted to make sure you got this message before your orders went in.

Aight. I was going to in a few turns, honestly, but I'll wait.

Fuck these guys so hard. I managed to wiped an entire MA Ulm army on these once, because of fucking Rain of Stones and all the fucking shit spells they're pulling out of their undead arse.

Ancient Greece never existed and the pyramids were built 300 years ago or something, same with stone henge. Bali's monuments were put up by freemasons too, probably Japs. Aztecs didn't exist. Every company that uses a logo with a combination of red and yellow is very likely part of this 'system'. Same with companies that use two M's and two C's, like uh, Cathedral Cheese for instance. If there's two L's in the name or a KL it means it might be a front. Sometimes a single M or 3 is all the sign they need. McDonalds uses a 'M' and the red and yellow colouring, but the 'M' or 'Golden Arches' as they call it, is a three. Just like C is the third letter and M is a three at a 90 degree angle, while 12 (L) is 3 when added together and 11 (K) times 3 (C) is 33. All these famous names like George Orwell' or politicians like Hill''ary Clinton are part of that. There's about a hundred variations of this code hidden into names and logos, using stuff like the so-called numerology. Red and yellow combines to make orange, which is their colour or something. It's worth nothing that it's all in your face, espescially if you play games. Dominions 4 for example has the 'Illuminated order' who wear orange, are masters of 'mental manipulation', are spies who infiltrate 'noble courts' and their higher level people know blood magic.

Also Hitler has extremely jewish eyes hehe.

I think was thinking a bit too hard and went off the deep end. Though speaking off deep end maybe it's some R'lyeh roleplay ?

MIDGARD DON'T LISTEN I AM THE REAL BOGARUS ATTACK THAT THRONE!

But user never said he was Bogarus

JUST DO IT
#YOLO

Will do eventually

NEW EAThingsShouldBeFine TURN

ALSO NEW DISCIPLE TURNS

smh fam

For the ShitShow game, what turn does the truce end? 24? So orders to attack can be given on turn 24, or do we wait until turn 25 to give orders?

Not that I'm particularly eager to attack anyone, just need to know what's what so I can prepare accordingly.

Well there is 3 turns in each season, its mid summer right now, so there is 8 more turns before the truce ends, you can move units to attack though in the 7th turn as it will be an attack on the 8th turn ya dig?

NEW EATHINGSSHOULDBEFINE
ALSO BOTH DISCIPLE GAMES AND THE EA GAME WE HAVE ARE WAITING ON ONE PERSON

Friendly reminder that Markata will come for these threads one day when he has another chimpout.

How do you mean?

FUCKING EAITWILLBEFINE NIGGERS YOU'RE ALWAYS THE LAST TO TAKE YOUR TURN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No he won't, this is nothing like the 4am situation.

I got the joke just didn't know if you were serious or not.

You're being too kind, was too much of a shit joke to be understood as such.

NEW EAITWILLBEFINE TURN

People are having fun ITT. It's only a matter of time before he decides to take action for the good of board culture.

For what purpose though? It's not like we're actively saging other threads off the board. It's slow moving enough as it is.

This kills the pretender.

Never ever, ever never send a sole unit out to deal with barbarians.
They are tear apart small elite groups, but get blown out by archers.

Same with Heavy Cav or knights however they can fuck up anything given good RNG.

Also treat Bone Barbarians like you would a difficult level 1 throne.
They occasionally have a 2 skill death mage and their units berserk and have two attacks, they have archers, units with javelin and two handed weapons, they all berserk.

Just don't do it bro.

I already knew bone tribe was mean, but I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for that lucky 42 damage, they'd have routed from fear checks.

Bogarus Waiting on you tough guy

I was asked to check the thread regarding Patala/Marignon. I assumed they both went for the same province at the same time, unfortunate, but not a truce-breaker as they did not order attacks on each other.

Did I misread the situation? If so, what action is proposed?

ahh fuck. not 100% sure I saved the middleagedm8s turn before I sent it out. I had it half done and saved already, but I forgot to End Turn before I copied the file and sent it out.

I have a somewhat related question. Does sending spies/priests to cause unrest count as breaking the truce? Because I've had a couple sent to my lands

Not sure what happened here. Ingame messages don't seem to indicate anything, so maybe it happened two(?) turns ago?

Seems so, but then again we never did properly work out what "truce" mean apart from no overt aggression.

I was going to bring it up but I figured everyone here would at least now its two provinces attacking at the same time.
Marignon actually took the province, as he was the one who killed the indies.

Marignon took the province the same turn Patala moved there to take it causing their armies to fight, Patala got got.
As far as priests they should be fine, its not actually taking provinces.>>11399631

I assumed attacks were out. That goes for assassinations too. Preaching and spies were not mentioned, so I guess they are fair game, same goes for anonymous spells, I suppose.

I wouldn't say anonymous spells are alright, as blood nations the access to those are pretty easy.
For example rain of toads could fuck up someones entire expansion or recruiting troops before the war began.

How are you going to know who cast an anonymous spell though?

If you want to use an honor system, that's fine. In a different game with more teams, or individual nations, it would be easier to get away with. Especially for those spells which mimic 'normal' events.

Take our LA disciple game, every nation on my side has access to blood.
If you randomly get an event repeatedly in your cap of falling frogs, death and cursed units I think it would be pretty easy to figure it was one of us.

Same with hurricane and other spells.
They are anonymous as far as you're not told who did it, but if you are in 3 person game 1 who is agartha and the other Lanka you probably safe on betting the hurricane which struck your province isn't Agartha.

Fair enough. Props if you have blood 5 already.

No bloodshed, no hostile remote magic during a truce. Easy to remember.

MACHAKA HAS BEEN DEFEATED SO I AM FORCE HOSTING EAITWILLBEFINE TO GET THE NEXT TURN AS HE IS THE ONLY ONE NOT SENT IN

Speaking of.

random user dropping in just to say that your pastepin is a pile of garbage

well, guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

We stole it from the half/vg/ dominions general so the quality isn't top tier.

EVERY TIME I MAKE A THREAD SOME FAGGOT CRITICIZES IT, WHO DO YOU WORK FOR, ARE YOU WHO THE ONE WHO KILLED ULM?

In other news, I have talked again to the guy that plays Y's subbing for Ulm.
He's not a SJW trigger kike, so you don't have to be super PC with him.
Still he's offered to play more games with us, and he is pretty experienced so I would like to have him play more games with us especially when we need an experienced player to lead a disciples game.

I want to have a disciple games of 4 teams, 12 player's total and he can be one of the leaders given his play time.

In which game ? Haven't seen anyone requesting a sub here and i stalled in EAThingsShouldBeFine but that was just random occurrence

I've been talking to him a bit but sidestepped asking him about the kikes or something like that. He seems like a reasonable enough guy

He is subbing for Y's in our disciple game "8WizardsGenesis".

Well I told him I named my Giant Heroes after Jewish Stereotypes, and 1 Hall of famer has Goy Eater for a name.
The other heroes that will probably be in there are Goldstien and Oven Tech

Seems like I have misunderstood, I thought you meant "i asked a guy subbing to Ys to also sub Ulm [in some other game]" and was wondering where.

Considering the faction is literally blood magic, man eating jewish giants it's kinda unavoidable

Whatever. I browse Holla Forums, I don't live Holla Forums…yet. More players is good.

I dont even think Holla Forums lives Holla Forums

NEW TURNS PICK UP THE ACTIVITY QUEERS
ASK QUESTIONS AND DISCUSS SHIT

ded thread
ded game
ded
e
d

at least its not as dead as RTSs

Eriu just had their fort locked down by an Imperial Consort. kek. How hard it it to put down minimal province defense?

The province had PD but it got killed when it was besieged by Pythium the turn before and he didn't rebuild it right away when he had the opportunity after chasing away the besieging forces.

Bats in EAWillBeFine here.

I feel like my bats will hit a brick wall as soon as they hit some heavily armoured foe. Is this truth?

Your standard troops are militia tier. Flying militia, which you can target soft spots with, but you're going to take heavy losses against, say, Abysia. You're pretty much relying on flying, sneaky zerg rushes in your early game.

Your summons are good, your sacreds are pretty good too, mainly because they fly.

Get used to taking losses. Most of your guys are cheap and easy to replace, with high strategic mobility and stealth, so it's not really a problem in most cases. Anything that is too tough, you can use magic to deal with.

Someone with more experience can probably give your specific tips for multiplayer.

If you have a decent bless you should always make as many sun guards as you can, from early as you can, as the holy point limits and you need to spam them.
If you get an global enchantment up to, called steal the sun, your bats get awe.

Okay I think I won that one by endurance.
I barely did anything anymore and imperials seem to have gone AI without me noticing. I wonder how long I have been sending in turns alone. If the host is still around you can close the game.

Lenin and his prophet Stalotsky have won.
if only because nobody else can be bothered to continue this game

Wrong pic, I actually made him the prophet.

I knew it. This gunna be a rough time. You're right though, they're incredibly cheap. Coming from one who loved EA Abysia, this can be one heck of an adjustment.

I went with some random minor bless, but heh, thanks for the Steal the Sun tip.

Wew, nigga the best strat for EA Xilbalba is getting Onaqui, for the Free spawn beast bats.

You get blood vengeance so the beast bats destroy enemy armies relying on evocation.

New ShitShow turn is in. Truce period has expired. All bets are off.

New 8Wizards turn as well.

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
by its kinetic energy and/or momentum?

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws

So you're retarded.

WHAT IS THIS?

spambot, degenerate or Holla Forums ruse. let the mods deal with it.

nigger please

OP here, checked the car out. The dude was retired mechanic pretty much rebuilt the car. Its still in rough shape. Needs a water pump and the a/c doesn't work. Got him down to 1100. The engine sounds great. Roars like lion when I slammed on the accelerator. Felt good since the only thing I have driven for my whole life has been 4 cylinders

Seems like the whole site is fucking up.
Either way, Fomoria do you regret what you've done?

Apparently it's some butthurt furry with a history of this sort of thing.

Also, I'm not Fomoria in the EA game. I'm Pan.

I'm not saying you were, I was just throwing out a argumentive statement hoping Fomoria would comment bumping the thread, keeping it alive in the flood of spam.

Also it seems to be more then spam but an outright hack as it seems conversation is being mixed up between threads and boards.
For example look at this.
Seems more like someone fucking with the site itself.

Also anyone got some suggestions to stop my games Turns from taking so long?
I was an idiot and decided to grab the largest map and filled up all the teams in defensive mode because defensive bots are easy amirite? and now the turns are taking a few minutes to complete
Games at the highest settings i think, is there some option to turn that down?
Or is it because my processor is a piece of shit?

Some autist is flooding the board with spam taken from another site. Go figure.

Don't play on a big map with all teams if you want to play a fast game. I have an average PC and turns slow to a crawl pretty quickly if I use a big map. Less than 500 provinces and it is tolerable. Any higher and it feels like I'm mining bitcoins.

Some nip faggot is paying real money on vpn's and poo-in-loo's to solve captchas, all because no one will engage in furry role-play. That's what I heard. >>>Holla Forums737648

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9bda01a1d058a88f6d2661f0c1dd59cc118fcfa9&dn=Mass+Effect
Soundtrack from the 3 games.

Can i get feedback if this is actually working? Kinda new to creating torrents.

The music was pretty fucking generic
I dont know who these faggots are but i wouldn't be surprised if they were biodrones

It's easy to screw up because devs seem to forgot that all open world games used to be called sandbox games because they didn't just give up a huge world, but gave you the tools and means to actually have fun in it

Well Fomoria I feel pretty confident in saying that neither one of us saw this outcome.

Atavi stealth armies are fucking great, I'm surprised you didn't pump up PD when it first started happening.

just use the touchscreen bro it's not any different

What a stupid thing to say. Surely you want more value from your money?

I'm not getting my turn for the 8wizards or shitshow game. Clicked resend a couple of times, still nothing. I did get a new turn earlier today for another game.

mind if i ask the source?

The who?

If I was from Cyrodiil I'd be ashamed. Guess saving humanity is up to High Rock now.

Got it, delaying shitshow hosting and going to re-send emails.

FUCKING SPAM BOTS

thanks, hopefully llamaserver will sort itself out in a couple of hours. if not, I'll send an email to llamabeast before the end of the day.

rape robutts

Never mind his English VA was the epitome of cringe

game with silly writing and misleading about the importance of choices

installing now

He's either lying (very likely) or just an idiot with spyware on his pc.

I bought a lot of games from it, only buy from trusted sellers and have never had a single issue nor me nor the other people I know that use the site.

my bad, I mistook shinobido for nightshade

git-gud roflmao xDDDD git-gud sould babby

Everyone who cares about Yakuza is already aware.

I need something to get me out of my slump too. I have a really shitty habit of binging on a game for a few weeks, playing that game and that game only until I'm fed up of it, then I will play nothing for about a month until I find something else to binge on. My Diablo 2 nostalgia binge is coming to an end.

I turned A.Pat into Yosuke from Persona 4 since they have the same VA. Can't find my pic

I am ready

It's such a beautiful day.

no u

Yeah the metal shit really does get old

I'm good with just smelli g and licking her armpits

It does sound pretty interesting. Always liked marble statues though not for lewd.

God damn thanks for sharing all this.

MIDGARD YOU NEED TO DELAY 8 WIZARDS
LLAMASERVER IS FUCKING UP

All good. Turns finally came in about an hour ago. Will be sending them out shortly. Thanks for putting the game on hold.

I still haven't gotten my turns

What the fuck is this?

I put the turn timer for 8wizards back by 24 hours. Resent turns. It took a while when I was having this problem, this morning, but they eventually found their way into my inbox.

Autistic japansese furry is holding the top 25 boards hostage with spam-bots that post half-chan archive posts, and the cheapest team of indian captcha-solvers that neet-bux can buy.

not even kidding. weaponized autism because no one wants to sex chat with him. fucking furries man, burn them all.

Pls give some time, I haven't recieved mine, Just need an 8-12 extension.

New EAWillBeFine turn.

Also, looks like the wars are starting in earnest in the LASuccesor game.

Gath looks fucking massive.

Yeah, I extended by 24 hours. If it appears anyone is behind before I go to work tomorrow, I'll resend the turns and extend it again. Llamaserver is probably a little laggy from holiday traffic.

checked

Pan declares war on everyone. Not far away from claiming the last Throne I need for victory. I can hold off if people want practice and to fuck around, but be warned: I'm 2 turns away from summoning Earth Kings, 3 or so turns from Father Illearth and have plans to fill up all the global slots with Nature and Blood magic. I'm sure some of you have your own plans, but my plans are all coming together in the next few turns, so I'll start fucking around and empower a Pan to cast AC if you take too long. He's already halfway there.

Giving you all a heads up so you have a chance to work together and fight back. Shame Arco went AI, as it skewed the game balance, having a dopey AI threat hogging a quarter of the map for a while.

Nah pan you're my bestie.
You go on do you, I'm going to kill Fomoria.

For a moment I was celebrating my victory over you Pythium, but then I saw there are a few more army stacks coming in.

Do you think Turks care about losing troops? You have a roach infestation; stepping on a few does nothing. Soldiers are for dying, after all.

I'm confident that this game is still fully winnable by team Azeorous so get fugged kike.

This expression indicates a goatnigger's confusion and lack of understanding mage support. When confronted with spells he can not understand or respond to, goatniggers mumble "muh maenads", or "muh maenads, smoothskin". This is usually followed by getting drunk and fucking forest animals.

Pretty cocky for someone who had their provinces taken by stealthy shit flinging monkeys, and undead chaff.

One battle is not a war. This is I'm the guy that owns half the map and you're the guy that has 2 provinces and a stack of troops he can't afford.

Game ends next turn.

I'm poor so I couldn't afford PD. You aren't using mages effectively and so your forces would melt like Pan's if they had met one of my actual armies, though unfortunately I don't have the time to deal with you right now as Pan's the bigger threat.

At this point you're essentially Pan with half as much chaff and much worse research.

Oh? I thought you were content to play around and delay claiming the last throne. Scared now?

Right, you blasted your load on ebin mages, which cut your war effectiveness to nearly nothing as you can only take on province a turn without breaking the bank.
Allowing someone who was making less then 100 g a turn to take 3 provinces on average from you.
Agartha witnessed it, you could take a province then immediately lose it from stealthy monkeys.
Then you wasted at least 500 gold with hawks that failed to 5 out of the six provinces they attacked.

Also you highly overestimate your lightning spam, as Lanka can use storm power, +mist and thunder strike.
On top of that every unit which counts towards army HP route checks has blood vengeance.
On top of that your druids have 3 T strikes before they need a break.

You're a nigger if you end this now.

Forgot dank memetic image

Mages win wars, chaff doesn't.

What are SCs, were it not for Pan my Fomorian Kangs would have secured your provinces a long time ago. And without mage support and research, all your spooky chaff stacks wouldn't be able to scratch them.

You imply taking those individual provinces matter. Forts and mage recruitment are what's important right now, and you were reduced to only your capital (which you would have shortly lost) before Pan attacked me.

Hawks cost gems, not gold, mate. I was swimming in air gems and decided to test your PD.

And yet you didn't. You have few mages and your research is garbage.

Nowhere near the majority or even a large amount of your troops. Most are undead that do nothing at all, really.

Which is why I have SCs mixed in. Honestly those are more effective than the evospammers, but Pan had demon knights that kept fear-routing the Kangs before they could tear into his chaff.

Don't kid yourself, were it not for Pan's intervention you'd have been dead several turns ago.

Are you the Lanka autist from 8EAforbigguysonly as well?
If so CHING CHONG MONKEY WEAK AND PITIABLE HO HO HO

Get a load of these faggots, begging me not to win.

Low Energy.

I would like to point out this sick rebuttal is from someone who has only two province left.

When used properly, you can only use t strike 3 times, you lack blood so you can't reinvig, meaning after round 3-4 you've blaster your load.
I think your overestimating T strikes effectiveness especially with low perc units, with storm and mist on the field.

THE DELUSION
Pan didn't attack you until I already took your provinces quicker then you could take mine.

Are you forgetting about your bane that died to machakas?
Those chaff stacks took provinces and got back palisades you took.
Well glad to see I wasted something even more valuable then gold, you could of gone for World Enchantments but went for failed province grabs instead.
Because I have the spells I need and a very strong blood economy, its like you don't even know how Lanka works.
Mindless Undead do not count towards morale checks, you need to kill every one.
So your mages have two choices, destroy flack I replace every turn, or kill themselves on sacred demons who have enough health to survive most of T shock and regen.
MIXING IN SC WITH ARMIES
Top kek.
You never mix in SC with armies, because a single SC will usually always stay to fight if alone or with one other.
But the minute you put it in an army, it will route before it can be effective.
Everything auto routes after so much percentage of an army dies.

Are you the ten chinks from L8Abortion?
Also you lost this game, so I guess its 2/1, me.

In longer battles they recover from fatigue multiple times. The battle I just had with Pan wasn't even particularly long and my druids got off at least 6 or 7 thunderstrikes each.

Which is why I had Fir Bolg druids casting Aim on my Fomorian druids.

No you didn't. The majority of my provinces were on the northern continent, and went untouched the entire time. You managed to take a few provinces back that I had taken from you in the first place, while I was busy capturing all your forts.

It died to barbarian PD, not markatas. And so? It was just a temporary measure while I was waiting for my Kings to finish recruiting.

You took back one fort, after which I split my army and retook it. When Pan attacked you had only your capital.

Not really, I had a lot of air gems but didn't have high air casters. There also aren't many air globals worth casting aside from Gale Gate, which requires more research and air paths than I have right now.

Blood's real strength is in its ability to mass summon good troops. Looking at your army comp you clearly weren't doing that. Further, it also requires mages to actually blood hunt, something you couldn't do much of without blood-hunting your capital as you had only one fort.

Killing souless isn't hard.

My mages are giants with a N9 bless, blood vengeance isn't going to kill them. Also no, thunderstrike will kill your sacred demons on hit from the main 1 area spell will kill most anything in one hit. They'd survive the larger, weaker secondary shock but I had enough mages to where that wouldn't matter.

I know as a smelly monkey you lack reading comprehension, but it was said that I mixed the two because Pan's demon knights were routing my solo Kings with their fear auras.

If I had a smaller army, maybe. But it would take a long time for your undead chaff to route 500 troops.

Nah, I was China in 8EAforbigguysonly, where I also argued over walls of text with a Lanka autist.

Are you implying you've won?

Against an army of SOLELY chaff, but when there are quality units mixed in doesn't work that way.
Which is a 3, prec spell, you get -3 with storm, and -4 with mist.
You should of been making eyes of precision, with druids armed with dwarven hammers.

Be a better use then black hawks.
What are you smoking?
I already took two of your provinces in the north before Pan got involved, he then took them from me as our agreement.
You had no PD, meanwhile I had several thugs flying around taking provinces.
Like the one I took with Skele spam, or the one I took with my hero thug.
It died only taking one-two provinces, you lost so many gems which could of been spent elsewhere.
And regardless of Pan taking your provinces I got them back a turn or two later.
You didn't have the armies to hold them.

SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT
Wew, lad.
How do you think I have all these souless, I've been blood harvesting from turn 3, I have an abundance of demons of every type, which you know, your just trying to put on airs, to make yourself feel better about a resounding loss.
I am bringing in at least 50-100+ a turn from just two provinces.

You're seeming to completely miss the point.

This has already been tested remember?

With a handful of Palankshas and Rakshasha, I killed 4 of your druids, which is why you went back to your palisade and recruited more for a few turns while I took your provinces.

You sound mad.

You have two provinces left, unless your telling me that after losing three palisades, all your southern provinces and hundreds of gems, that you failing to beat some poo in the loo monkeys fighting with chaff and budget thugs is a victory?

You sound almost as conceited as Ulm.

Hey Fomoria

All you need is 1 King casting winds of death with some body guards and you can instantly defeat any army that isn't undead.

Also your e1a1 druids with a pair of boots can cast rain of stones

t. Fomorian god king

Its too late for him now, he made a T strike army, then stagnated as it was the only thing he could make and afford.

Here's how it's going to go. This turn I'm flying someone to the Throne of Air. Next turn I'm claiming it.

You can attack that Throne, if you're able, but I have close to a thousand scrubs there. You're better off going for one of the other, un-forted Thrones if you can teleport an army there somehow.

Fomoria lost half their Air gems in their last battle against Pan, when a wolf killed the sorceress holding them. The King holding the rest of them has around a dozen left, but doesn't have native a4, so that's 6 turns of Storm max, unless he can find a lab. The fort he's on does not have a lab any more, which means he'll have to move that army to find a lab, because he can't afford to build one.

Fomoria is now in my dominion, so can expect multiple Wild Hunt visits per turn. His army can move toward the closest fort with a lab, but I'll Fairy Trod a real army from across the map to slow him down if he goes toward his former territory, will reinforce from my cap if he goes any other way. I'm forging a booster this turn to summon an Air Queen next turn, so we'll see how his 'Supercombatant' Kings and Thunderspammers stand up to a real SC if this game drags on. If he splits his forces to cover more ground, he'll do slightly better, at least until I start flying Royalty in. That will halve his remaining Storm time though.

I'm not discussing my plans for Pelagia, because they're an actual threat to Pangaea, despite the slight advances I've made underwater and over land. Unlike Fomoria, they're keeping their cards close to their chest and they are an Astral power, so they have the potential to stop me from stealing this game and could possibly turn this game around rapidly. Potential, perhaps not the means at this moment. We shall soon find out.

I just want to say as the nigger who has extended games to the point of losing you're a double nigger for ending the game so soon.

Why not wait for Agartha to enter the field.
Who knows maybe I will even attack you but seeing as the assistance with Fomoria, my heart wouldn't be in it.

Before I forget, generating >50 temple checks per turn, before blood sac. Not enough to dom kill anyone yet, but soon. That's my end game if I can't take Thrones. Dominion based globals, demonic locusts and harpies with Stone Idols to snuff out candles.

Conquest victories are for 2d chess players.

I can be nice, but then someone will take advantage of my altruism and I'll probably feel like a cuck. I don't want to learn how that feels.

Would the God Emperor extend the game? I don't think he would. I owe it to myself to try and live up to his example.

mindless bump

Sauromatia

Sauro a shit!

Wew pan a gay.

My Uncle is Trump, I told him about it and he said you're a gay for ending the game so soon.

He said Pence has plans for you.

Seeing as how Pan ended the game so soon I took the liberty of making a new one.
please join

Sent in a Hinnom Pretender

RedRob, is the Pearl citadel spell for MA Pelagia supposed to not give any "Pearl armoury" site like in EA? Also with regards to the EA site, it seems weird that you get Pelagian explorers as a regular recruitable unit as in addition to the mage explorer, why is that unit even there? It seems worse than just buying a random indie militia or naked merman.

turn off score charts

This question haunts veteran players, there are quite a few useless units which are absolutely useless mechanically or theoretically.

Thought they were off by default, my bad.

If you don't want throne victories, don't have it as a setting, unless you need like 75% to win, in which case you were on track to win anyway.

Thinking about Ermor. Never played them in mp. Don't hold me to it, not sure I can spare the time for another game at the moment.

Quiet thread these days. How are you guys doing?

LA Goteman struggling with faggoty events.

EA bats doing surprisingly well, though still trying to come to grips with a blood economy.

Yeah we seem to experience slow times once in a while as some people get burned out.

Glad to hear your getting a hang of Xilbalba, flying mages are great, especially for strong early game gem economy, earlier you get it more gems overall.

last I checked MA weaboo gobbos were holding their own against the turkroaches
FUCKING BARBARIANS REEEE
LA Bogarus' slow turn-taking is contagious

Also, I'm the same person as 1e2707, ID changed because I'm visiting with family for Christmas, and am using a different computer.

It sure does, that was a goof. They are supposed to be commanders, this will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting.

At least he takes his turns consistently.

I have had a lot of extra work the last couple of weeks. It doesn't help that I signed up for a bunch of games at once and most of them got to mid-game.

I got one out of the way a couple of days ago, losing handily in another (all forts under siege, one indie druid left). That leaves 4 games at turn 30+ to 60. Takes me about an hour and a half to do them. About an hour of that is autistic fiddling and trying to plan ahead.

Doesn't help that some of you scrubs are picking up skills. More rewarding challenge, but I have to think more about what I'm doing.

Once these games are done, I'll try not to play more than 2 or 3 at a time. Should leave me time for other things.

Ah, well it happens. Just thought I'd say something, I doubt very many people tell you anything about Pelagia, as they aren't really a good nation in terms of powerleverls or whatever.

I try to get good user, hopefully one day I'll win a game that had more than 4 people in to begin with.

So is VR mode only out in asia? No, right?

I wonder how people end up with pawns that don't help. I've played DD on consoles and PC, and on both of them my pawn has been very helpful. On the consoles my sorcerer pawn made BB a cakewalk.

The Dreamcast was way ahead of its time.

you think you ni hao but you gwalei

Spambots strike again ?

Also rerequesting closing thedankestbattle if the admin is around, nobody is playing that one anymore so i guess Lenin won by endurance and i don't wast to get more emails than necessary in my dom4 mail.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Are pokefags the mlp of videogames?

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

That cat is getting fucking wrecked

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

What hopes?
What dreams?

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I tried playing Rule of Rose but I can't stand the gameplay

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I could but not going to buy 4th bad expansion in row.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

struggle

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I wanna hear your cute voice!

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

hoowoohoowoohoo

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

As someone who did all those bullshit predator maps, I agree. I don't know how, but I only figured out you can select which explosive you want to trigger by looking at it zoomed in after beating all them.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

He destroyed Ganondorfs starship in one hit.
Kirby : 1
Kratos : 0

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Gameplay>Graphics/Frame Rate>Story

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

no, people should fund Dies Irae instead

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

How is your post related to Overwatch.

You can't even pirate Overwatch.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Game designers today don't understand pacing or how to build atmosphere. Whether you think OoT is the greatest or not, you can't deny that no modern game has the impact of the scene where Ganondorf wins and Link wakes up 7 years later.

I would delete it but I forgot the password.
Will try again later.

Weird bug in ShitShow. Paid for mercs, but got a message saying they left my service because someone else bought them.

Now they're independent and up for hire again. Pretty sure I got my money back, but still, weird.

There are a few of those, one of the longest running bugs that has existed since the dom3, was a random commander turning into grigorius, because their unit ID gets set to 1.

I got my turn sent back for wrong turn number for ShitShow but when I looked it still registered and I got my turn without stalling.

Something weird is happening with LLamaserver.

I hope you have some none skeletons units there.
There are quite a few hard counters for undead.
Though in those numbers it may not matter.

EQ will kill 20000 skeles as well as 2.
But that's okay. Because 20000 skeletons are cheaper than two earthquake casts.

interested in CoE 4 but the price is a bit steep for me, is there a working torrent I could use to try it out before buying?

Some orders did not appear to go through, looks like forging, though I could have mis-remembered.

I think the mercs left because the contract had to be paid and I moved them into an allied province. I'm pretty sure you can't hire mercs in an allied province, apparently you can't extend their contract there, either. Annoying, but I can at least understand why it happened. Units changing to other units and losing turns is way more serious.

Post stories, faggots.

Fucking Jew giants having such a massive territory. I don't know how they managed so many troops.
Raiding Abysia from air was a laugh. Too bad harpies have such low leadership. Though there are ways to fix that, apparently…
I like how no one cares about Patala. Yet.

My Sirins red-pilled some Abyssian priests. They go in the oven last. Gonna have to build a better oven first though. Also scored a werewolf from those throne events that spammed everyone for a while.

Seducing/Assasinating Abyssia's commanders is easier than taking them on on a straight fight. They're the niggiest fucking steel-plated niggers outside of Gath. Oh, they're backed up by even niggier undead freespawn from a throne. I'm still at -2 provinces from my war with them. I'm going to have to spend a shitload to get back to 0, even more to start taking clay.

Got a Lumber Construct mage and Stymphalan Wings from events on the same turn. A flying, mindless, self-buffing commander came in handy in my last fight, even with his attack/def score of 2. Pretty shit thug, but I can't complain about the price.

11 pd took out a Vampire Count event. Some heroic crossbowman hit the count and made him flee. Lucky me, because otherwise I'd have a dozen vampires plus chaff blocking my reinforcements.

Got Ulm on the ropes, I think. Will find out soon enough. Maybe Marignon will try and white knight his Vamp Queen. Race traitors will hang. Illuminati Germanistan will be purged of poz. We're inventing lamp posts, just for Ulm. Or maybe I'll get smacked for talking shit, we'll have to wait and see.

Otherwise, just slowly filling my cap up with firebirds…for reasons. Already paid off a couple of times I think.

I am lord of expansion, also I'm producing a fully functional army every turn, never underestimate production 3 scales and mountains.

Yomi in EAThingsShouldBeFine and Marignon in LASuccessors here, not sure if I well get around to play my turns Thursday evening (yurop time). Probably could though but I'll have things to do and I'd rather not rush my turns if that's alright with you lads. 24 hours delay would be appreciated. Just giving you a heads up early, will still play my turns tomorrow.

On a sidenote, I don't know how that guy still manages to throw Javelins.

with his loin cloth or loin cloth apparatus

This made me laugh more than it should

Hey, i have a crazy idea and would like some advice.

So if i craft the war of bows, i basicly shoot out a mass stream of arrows that block out the sky for one person. Has anybody gone this route and made a shit ton of war of bows and basicly made an army that can shoot a shit ton of arrows? Is the only thing stopping arrows air magic?

Has this strat been done before, i'm curious if i could make bows and shit.

everyone who can make warbows does that already.

especially for regular non magic commanders.

Fuck, thanks tho.

remember a war bow only has a limited amount of shots it's something like 7 shots of 13 arrows at a time.

that means 7 rounds of shooting, consider that you'll also be fielding fields of crossbows and regular archers which usually have 30 shots a piece.

you can't do what you're suggesting and win because arrows don't hit that hard, and your archers will get killed before they run out of ammo.

they're meant to soften up the enemy, unless you're using arbalests or crossbows, which deal real damage but are only shot once every two rounds.

Abysia, communion, flame arrows, use war bows with all commanders.

non native air magic.

you'd be better off doing it with something like hot ragha who can still get the a2 to make the bows and definitely can get a1 if you play summod.

I got btfo last night by a dwarf queen with 17 ballistae and 29 crossbowmen
came back later with 60+ units, a bunch of dark wizards with shades and my ascended emperor, didn't have much trouble but still lost half the army

I really want in to this game but after 20-30 turns i lose interest. May be i play it wrong or game AI is to strong?

The AI is pretty basic, you have to play with real people and lose a lot to get a hang of things really.

also we should start doing blitz games instead of just email, especially for new people, it's harder to stale out of that as well

I play only singleplayer to figure out about different Gods and nations. I really dont understand how work half of spells or how to bust research without spending all money and time on mages. And still cant figure out about forging items

Well magic is a central part of the game but you gotta strike a balance when it comes to having battle mages and lab rats for sure.

You have to identify what spells to research first, that work for the nation in particular you're playing. Like someone like Abysia really wants to get Evocation 3 as fast as possible so they get Fire Ball, and Fires from a far since they have no native ranged attacks.

As far as forging goes, it is tiered specific items become unlockable when the appropriate level of construction is researched. It just depends on what you need at the time, or maybe bartering goods with other players.

as far as recruitment goes you should focus on making mages as much as possible except with a few exceptions such as needing a commander to lead your armies, or using that gold for constructing new forts/temples/labs, or more soldiers.

You'll also want to have mages to go out into your conquered territory to site search which give you all sort of benefits, but you mainly do it for more gem income.

another thing you can do is take high magic scales so your few mages you have researching do better.

Ulm does this well. Forge bonus and hammers means they can make bows for 1 or 2 gems.

Doubling up on Fire Bola is a neat trick, even if it has a short range. Give it to a high strength commander and they will break up formations with fire bonds. Vine bows are similar, but require 2 hands, entangling enemies instead. Fire bolas can do more potential damage because they're strength based. Good for Agarthans, Giants, Abyssians and summoned commanders, like Devils.

Banefire crossbows have an aoe decay effect, so massing them is nasty, though a lot of the stuff you can spend Death gems on is nasty. Thunder bows are good, especially on high strength units, expensive to mass though. A few crossbows can be used underwater, so are worth forging for that purpose. Give it to an Illithid commander and it will fire off the Mind Blast and Crossbow at the same time.

Ivory Bows look good on paper, but at 20 gems each, you're probably not going to be massing them. If you get free ones from events, great. You're not going to see them much outside of a meme game.

The war bow is good if you have a fire/death bless, as the bless effect will work with the bow. Hand them out to priests, druids or tribal shamans, the guys with Nature magic cast Eagle Eyes, get blessed, then fire off accurate shots. Anything strength based works well with minor fire/blood blesses.

postponed 8wizards game due to Shinuyama.

Speaking of postponing might just need a 12h delay but maybe 24h, really depends on when I'll get home.

Delayed both for 12 hrs.

Definitely will make it for SuccessorsOfAShitshow, not sure about things should be fine.

Shinuyama/ulm/niefelheim here, came down with the flu or something yesterday and am still feeling kinda shit today.
Between that and christmas being right around the corner, I might just go ai.

Shinuyama/ulm/niefelheim here, came down with the flu or something yesterday, and am still feeling kinda shit today.
Between that and christmas being right around the corner, i'll probably jist go ai.
CODENIGGER LET ME POST

Speaking of Christmas, it might be wise to actually extend all games by 48 hours or something, since people might or might not be around.

Shinu, ulm, niefel of what age?

8wizards shinu, ea niefel, successors ulm

damn nigga

Sorry, had to work late. Postponed 8wizards by 48 hours over Christmas.

If you can't or won't continue to play, then it's on you to find a substitute player or set your nation to AI. That's the courteous thing to do, anyway. I can't stop you from dropping the game like a nigger that got a girl pregnant.

I wouldn't be against that myself, even if I m not doing anything for the holidays.

I'll be at home, got some time off over the holidays. I understand that other people might have commitments though.

I vote for extending the timer of ongoing games. If people can get their turns in, the game will progress as usual. If people have other shit they need to do, they won't be penalized.

Requesting L8successors to be postponed for 24/48 hours. May or may not be able to send in turns otherwise but I figure it's prudent to ask rather than risk staling my turn.

Same, came down with a cold and a fever. Still gonna play things should be fine since it doesn't look it will get postponed in time.

I stalled the ones I'm hosting, LaSuccessors, and Eathingsshouldbefine.

You're bluffing.

The game is already over so I guess he wasn't

I wasn't bluffing. I got lucky and Machaka attacked me before they had Flaming Arrows researched. I was able to beat them through attrition, because I had freespawn from Pans, thrones and werewolves. So I had the thrones around my cap, the thrones near Machaka, then I was able to steamroll Formoria's undefended territory and take their thrones, because they picked a fight with Lanka and moved everything to the front line.

I had shitty income scales (t3/s3/heat 3) but good magic scales, so even though most of my forts could not afford to build mages, my research was high, especially after I started summoning researchers.

Don't know if I could have won a conquest victory. Maybe I would have, I had done so before with a similar Pan strat in dom 3. Was on my way to summoning all of the big uniques, plus I had temples everywhere, so some of the smaller nations were at risk of having their candles blown out, even before my armies hit them.

Moral of the story is: Don't add Thrones if you want to play conquest.

Slightly belated but merry christmas ya nigs. Normal operations with games should resume tonight.

Yeah, happy Christmas everyone. I captured Ulm for Christmas. Best present ever. You shouldn't have gone to all that trouble.

What did you guys get?

The flue, I got the fucking flue.

Poor Ulm got sandwiched between Bogarus and Midgard.

It was his own fault to a degree he chose not to expand

Guys, I keep getting my ass kicked by normal AI. How do I get good? What's a good nation/age for someone just starting out? What about a good map?

Bought too many labs early on. Good for research, but he could have had another fort instead. Better defense, more expansion. Even if he decide not to be aggressive, there was unclaimed territory up near Marignon he could have moved into. Being close to the front line did not help, but at least he didn't start in the corner, like Abyssia. Who knows, hindsight is 20/20, after all.

Try the Silent Seas Map or another small map, 2 players, make the other AI player a land nation. Play middle age Man or Marignon. Both are human nations with a good variety of troops. Get used to pushing armies around with a variety of troops and commanders with different orders. Put your infantry in front of your archers, your cavalry on the flanks, give your units orders to focus on specific targets, such as cavalry to focus on archers.

Once you're comfortable with that, play around with your mages and magic. No point going into more advanced shit until you have the basics down. I think there might even be a tutorial in the manual you might want to play through or read.

Once you get that done, then experiment with awake Monster pretenders that can act as a one man army, or dormant/imprisoned pretenders with powerful magic that can offer your sacred units bonuses when blessed.

After you're comfortable with the basics and can beat the AI, find a multiplayer game and join it. Then you'll git gud.

Speaking of. I'd really love to see the graphs/maps(?) for this game once it is over. I bet it'll yield some very interesting statistics on how well each nation did.

long way to go. appears Abyssia is faltering, but they're hard to kill. looks like they got fucked over by some random events, which is the last thing they needed in the middle of a war. Marignon and Gath can easily turn the game around, both are yuge, have multiple armies and plenty of cash flow.

should be some cool fights coming up.

Yeh. Between the both of them they own like half the map.

I don't know about that, there is some pretty hard counters to Marignon in that game and the sleeping ape is waking up.

DON'T DO SILENT SEAS AGAINST AI UNDERWATER
Talk about a fucking headache, dom monitoring, coastal patrols on a map that is 50% coastal provinces.

Yeah Marignon is the real MVP, he was so tiny in the beginning then blew up growth hormone big.

What archers? They are regular human troops with two handed weapons, they are easier to counter in the beginning not later.
Then they have blood, fire and other magic paths.
Its not like they are Ermor, Ea Niefel, or EA Abysia where all their troops and mages can be killed with one spell.

I'd like to propose that the clown mod be made mandatory in all future games on Holla Forums.

The clown mod really is a work of art, too bad they cause a lot of compatibility issues.

Muh rain, muh fucking rain

Mages are sacred and our bless has +5 revig

I wonder if Ancient Clowns are just basically walking, talking imageboards.

Yeah sounds like one.

It's literally meme magic.

I am interested in jumping into a game or replacing a player that quit mid-game. It will be my first multiplayer game of Dominions so don't expect signs and wonders from me but I will play

Well Shinuyama which is MA japan has the flu so I dont know if he wants to go AI yet, as for the EA game he is EA Niefel who has also not gone AI yet.

In the meantime we do have a game up waiting for new players, scrubs welcome.

GET IN HERE YOU DOUBLE SATYRS

WELCOME MIDGARD TO THE IRONIC JEWISH FURNACE

After repeatedly trying to win against even easy AI I've determined that I'm a permabad at this game. What do I do if my dominion is waning even in controlled provinces?

First never play with less then 6 max dom, second always try to have more then 6, every 5 temples increases max dom by 1, Mictlan can only spread dom through blood sacrifice.

Preaching is only good for idle priests, it doesn't push dom that much, but temples on borders does wonders.

Understand how stats work, understand how demons, undead and morale works.

I was playing Yomi. Does this factor in any? I still held territory and had okay sized forces, but I guess my dominion waned because my god poofed.

No, you just have to keep an eye out for dom kill, its something the AI does well.
Especially on small maps, think of dom as water and the map the glass.
It starts filling up quicker when it reaches the edges.

How do i into pbem?

how long is a game? how long for turn?

Its easier then you think, get an email, use it to send in pretenders from your newlords file where your saves are located.

Games last usually months, with a turn or two a day, three if you're really lucky.
Early game's turns last only 10 minutes at most where later game turns can take an hour plus.

Build temples, especially in border provinces that have your dom or provinces with max dom.
It's easier to up friendly dom than to drain enemy dom, unless you have inquisitors.
More temples also improve your temple check rate, aside from just adding one more temple check/turn.
Blood sacrifices give another check for every slave, so a high-level blood priest kills more slaves to make more checks, and if your base dom is high it makes domkilling easy.

can i pbem with you fags with pirated version?

Don't think so. The yohoho version is usually a few version behind the buyfag one.

no, the game devs put a lot of anti-piracy shit in place, so even if you get an up-to-date version, there is a high chance you'll join a game and be unable to complete it.

wait until it is on special, you can pick it up for the cost of a hungry man's dinner.

The game is cheap as fug if you don't mind buying from keysellers. G2a has it for 7$

I'm clearly missing something; what's the downside of the ethereal crossbow?

Its -60% on Steam.

Why the FUCK does this keep happening. I just can't win. Even with easy AI. THIS ISN'T EVEN THEIR FRONT LINE!

I'd like to join this game as C'Tis. With respect to the mods, can I install and play on those mods in one game without it cocking up other games?

Numbers are only useful for either missiles or putting bodies between your mages and theirs, all you need is a couple flame spirits spamming falling fires or something like that and they'll fuck right off.

MR negates, poor accuracy. Good for underwater guys, good for one-shotting elephants or other massed beasts. Not so good against anything with decent MR.

Recruit about a dozen mages with elemental paths. Research conjuration 3. Give your mages gems. Spam elementals. Earth and Air are good, fire is ok, water is good in cold scales. Using Death mages to spam undead is also a viable tactic. You still need an army to act as a screen though, preferably something that won't rout, like mindless.

mix in a few evocation casters.

Use ethereal units.

Want to make someone feel dumb? Play Lanka, get horn of heroes, summon 24 ganas which are ethereal, destroy armies 100+ that don't have mage support.

FUCKING LLAMASERVER
I am so fucking sick of this shitty server not taking turns, fucking shit up, ruining games with its fucking settings.

There isn't shit I can do, I'm not going to stop playing, can't have alternatives, but for as much as this game fucking costs including COE you would think problems with the server which date back to Dominions 3, would be fucking fixed.

I just had a collosal fuck up in the EA game because the turn was never registered and I stalled, what the honest fuck.

mod's are turned on on a game by game basis user, so you wont have any troubles.

Just noticed this. Wew.

'oh yhea g ghuehg uh gh ohgod i just love suckign fucking penis' -you

Magic Enhanced is updated to 1.3:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2927

how do I learn this game without having to read the manual or watch hours of youtube videos

You will need to learn the manual to at least understand the basics. Other than that jump into a game and get destroyed until you git gud

I hear if you put a bullet into your head you'll be awarded all knowledge in the cosmos upon death. Go try it and report back, user.

This is the best way to learn, FORGE YOUR PATH IN THE BODY OF YOUR PEOPLE.

For this game in particular, reading the manual would actually help immensely, as a lot of useful interactions are not explained either ingame or in the tutorial.

add this to the ragnarok game instead of 1.2 and summod?

TWO GAMES NEED PEOPLE

A NEW MA GAME, FUN MAP

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightScrubFight
NEW LA GAME AS THE ONLY OTHER ONE WE HAVE IS DISCIPLE, SCRUB FRIENDLY, LARGE MAP, THRONES AND 2 PROVINCES TO START

Putting this in advance again. Requesting 24 hours delay for L8succesor and EAWillBeFine for the New Year.

Sure but only if you send in a pretender for the new games.
New games need to start or we WILL DIE

I'll see what I can do, but frankly two games are already pushing it for my limited time.

Sent in a pretender for the MA game.

Also for the guy hosting MA8Ragnarok
Summod .72 and ME barely work together and have lots of bugs, I would either go with just summod or ME 1.31

I'll join the l8 game if you set events to common.

Haven't played la Pythium or Agartha before, so I'll try one of those.

The default is rare, and should stay that way, on common misfortune and luck become make or break.

Try having 5 labs being destroyed on 2-3 turns even with +1 luck, it sucks and makes the game even closer to RNG centric game.

it cheapens misfortune scales, penalizes luck scales. there is still a maximum of 4 events per nation, per turn, outside of magic, global and story events, I think.

it keeps the game dynamic and interesting. in any case, if you need an extra player, set events to common and i'll join.

I didn't think there was an upper limit on events. if you do a luck based build with firebirds on the rus nations I'm pretty sure you can run the chance of getting a lot of good events on your capital each turn.

they're bonus events spawned by the unit, nothing to do with scales. I think the asian nations get a pretender that does the same thing, but with something like a 20% chance of getting an extra good event. the fat, laughing buddha guy. there are a couple of units with the opposite ability; a chance of spawning an extra bad event.

I remember reading the events list in dom3, there is a big list of generic 'good' and 'bad' events, some are locked behind specific scales, units, turn number or nation, such as a holy knight and retinue only showing up for land nations with high dominion, high order and luck, or your gem stash getting completely wiped out by high misfortune and drain.

sure, getting your cap stomped by random troglodytes is a pain, but that's Dominions. it's part of the fun.

Dom4 reminds me of hom4 my childhood game, and I already see one friend playing.

Should I get this while its not too late in sale?

I mean homm4 and ouch I almost had quad letters

Yes, if you like strat games you will like this.
Especially if you like variety as the game has nearly a hundred different nations and the list keeps growing as the devs still update new stuff.

GATH TOO STRONK

Also if you need more convincing, as I really want to get some new blood into the group.
The lore, setting and mechanics are A1.
Take for example the Malik, which are gods, that are summoned by your mages that serve the pretender god.

So in essence, you're a wannabe god, summoning actual undead gods, to serve you and make you an actual god.
Also you can make shit for them, like plaster a metal arm on their body to swing fire and ice swords, with boots that give them x2 attacks, with a shield that vinewraps anything that can't get by its defense, which is furthered enhanced by armor.

I'm playing early age mictlan and struggling to keep up number wise as usual. SO far I've learned that you need to sacrifice in every province that you own. Should I have an equal split between research mages and battle ones? It seems a waste to leave a Sun priest sitting researching. I'm not even sure what to do with my immobile Pretender.

I was able to expand but by this turn everyone had way larger forces than I could muster. Summoning one unit at a time is extremely slow.

Several things.
Are you against AI? If your unfamiliar with Mictlan I would guess so but then again I've never seen the AI make a commander so potent like that slave Prince.

I don't know why your dom is so low, are you using higher level priests for sacrificing? Are you using jade knives? Blood sacrifice is like preaching on crack and able to push dom higher then priest level, I used it with LA Gath to kill of china in one of our multi games.

What is your blood economy like? You can summon demons and promote and use them for summoning or research, which can be used to make a assembly line of summoners.
Make sure all blood hunters have dowsing rods.
Do you have growth scales? That greatly decreases the late game hit for loss population from blood hunting. Also allows other provinces to grow in population to allow better blood hunting.

Research is never wasted especially for Mictlan as you will need to advance through the blood research path quickly.
Often early game through late you will have mages researching, don't find things for them to do that you don't need them for.
Take some mages aside of course plan out what you want them to do so they can cast the spells you need them too, but if after your work them have no need for them at the present time, research, craft, summon or whatever you need most at the moment.

I didn't figure out sacrificing for the entire early game, so i got a late start. I didn't know priest level factored into the sacrificing . I've got my lowest priests doing it.

are these found under the blood tree or a mix of lines? The blood summons seem to be single units and I'm not sure what promoting is?

Looks like I need to read up on constructing items and getting gems. Thanks for the info.

beast bats and jaguar fiends come in 3's. they're sacred, so you can bless them, buy it appears you don't have a major bless with your pretender, unless that fountain has blood 9.

Mictlan is a bless nation. The idea is to take powerful paths on your pretender in order to bless small numbers (at first) of elite, sacred troops, building numbers over time in multiple forts, adding to those numbers with summoned sacred demons. Your doomstacks are backed up by blood mages. Popular blesses are nature 9, for regenerating troops, nature 9 and blood 9 for regenerating troops that hurt people who hurt them, nature 9 and fire 9, for regenerating troops that have boosted attacks and flaming weapons, nature 9 and Death 9, for regenerating troops that can fight past death and get extra magical damage. Some people try for 3 or 4 major blesses by tanking their scales, but you'll probably just want one or 2.

Research tends to be Blood focused, in order to summon more sacred units and commanders, in addition to getting some battle magic. Conjuration allows you to summon some sacred animals and special commanders as well. Branch out magic into other paths like alteration or enchantment for buff spells, construction for magical items.

Doesn't help your current situation.

Blood is all under one single research tree.
The spell is called infernal promotion, which promotes a regular demon into a commander and depending on what demon you promote it will have different magic scales.

What I usually do is summon a devil which is 7 blood slaves, then promote which is 30, for a commander with 1-2 blood and 1-2 fire.
Fiends of darkness are 1 blood and 1 death, of course it depends but with a strong blood economy you can cast this a few times a turn.

Also the Civateteo has blood paths as well as death and I think nature.
Horde from hell can give you a guaranteed devil commander with imps, but I don't think he has magic scales.

Also when it comes to blood sacrifice the higher the priest level the more slaves sacrificed, also very important.

MAKE JADE KNIVES
They increase the efficiency for sacrificing.

you're using a mod to do that

I think i'm starting to get it now, I didnt understand the whole blessing interaction, I just need to find higher sacred troops,thanks

thats a bummer

Really? I thought infernal promotion was vanilla. Too bad.

Jade Knives are vanilla, so you still need to make them its vital.
Also they are quite useful for trade to other blood sacrificing nations, hinnom for example.

Gift of Reason and Divine Name do the same thing, promoting a unit to commander status. Needs nature or astral magic. Thaumaturgy, I think.

Also without the Mod those devils wont gain magic innately, the only way for devils to gain magic is if they're summoned from events via blood vortex.

Because the event gives them random magic levels some times, the mod instead has them innately.

did not know that Blood Vortex did that.

opened up the ME mod and took a look. a lot of units are modified to have magical paths which you will only see if they're a commander. Explains the n1 Lumber Construc I got from an event in ShitShow. drakes get their element, a lot of constructs and elementals do too. most demon units get either 1 blood, or 1 in a related element. some units like ghosts get special abilities like assassin.

I suppose if you have Drakes you could convert 1n mages into Drake commanders using the transfer mind spell. convert n1 indie shamans into e1 or 2 Fall Bears for a mindless, regenerating 'thug' that can lead the rest of the bears you summoned around.

Dominions is complicated enough without modding in a bunch of hidden paths on certain summons. Not nub friendly.

Very badly needed though. For example if you promote a Danava it SHOULD have magic scales.

It can give everyone though demons with magic paths, Ulm cast it in the LAteTermAbortion game and I think every player got devils.
Shit I got devils with imps or more devils and used those to patrol for blood summon.

Blood vortex in my opinion is a pretty mediocre spell mods or no.
Gives very little blood slaves compared to the population it takes, also can actually get other nations into blood from random events like free devils.

Blood Vortex's effectiveness depends on the province where it is cast, as well as the surrounding provinces connected to it.

So you want to cast it in a high pop province surrounded by other high pop provinces if you can.

also new thread time

Wew how'd that even happen

Blew his wad casting Phantasmal Army. If he summoned a single Air or Earth Elemental instead, it would have won the fight for him.

I've played around with this setup for Sirins a bit. Only thing that can reliably take them out is fliers or tramplers. Tramplers ignore the chaff, fliers can ignore the chaff and attack the Sirin. Mages summoning elementals can kill them, but assassination battles are unscripted, so it can happen, but not reliably.

Mobile counter thugs that can join an army as chaff spammers. Good gem sink for early/mid Rus games, late game has other, better uses for pearls though.

FYI, don't use line formation with elephants, or anything you want to move fast.