Have our prayers been answered or is this another [elf stand]?

Have our prayers been answered or is this another [elf stand]?
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:EGMLMJX6CUZHXN23I7DDQ4GR46ONBNJ3&dn=rld-thdw&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969&xl=10830713238

Shlomo Begone

how is this a trojan magnet ?
What's even the game about ? Try to shill better, OP.

It's a game based on a really solid trilogy by a German author Marcus Heitz. It focuses on (as the title sort of implies) the dwarves in a semi-generic fantasy setting, fleshing out thier culture a great deal. I mean, I could go into the setting more, but I don't know about the game itself. I literally just reread the first book again.

Anything cool about the setting of the books? Im curious.

>>>/elf/

A dorf arpg, apparently. and feel free to share a better torrent if you got one, shit just came out and all

Can you enslave, rape, kill, butcher and make crossbow bolts out of elves?
If not, then I'm gonna stick with my modded Dwarf Fortress, thank you.

The most interesting thing about it is the different dwarven 'folks', referred to as firstlings to, I think, fifthlings. Each was assigned their talents (such as metalsmithing, gemcutting, etc) when they were created, and assigned a range of mountains around the main area of the setting (Girdlegard), which is a bigass round valley surrounded by a horrible deathworld. The dwarves maintain fortresses that stand against the threats from the outside (like orcs and ogres and trolls and shit). However, one of the folks, the thirdlings, wanted to choose its own talent, which for some reason was an unforgivable sin. The Dwarf god, Vraccas, cast them out to find their own land and make their own way, and these Thirdlings are absolutely hateful to the other folks, learning the ways of murder in order to wipe them out.

It's actually generic dnd shit fantasy with terrible writing.

Try this
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ZX6PX2Q7ECDF35NDTPYHB2VPG4ARGD5Y&dn=The%20Dwarves&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopentor.org%3A2710&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fretracker.local%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.blackunicorn.xyz%3A6969&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fpubt.net%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fipv6.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftrackeroc.ru%2Fbt%2Fannounce.php%3Fuk%3D1zNctOmxFf&xl=10830712478

Wait, does it really need to pass six+ months before it's halal to talk about a new game? Even calling it out as shit or whatever?

Are you fuckers only into bait and /vg/ formatted threads now?

It's new people trying to fit in by calling everything is shit and posting dank pol maymays. Just ignore them and talk about the game.

Nobody has actually talked about the game, though. There's no info or actual screenshot. Just a torrent that no one asked for.

I will need you to back that up, user.

Well, I'm looking into some gameplay videos.

Played a bit of it. Seems alright. Simple pausable combat, I thought it was too easy until I found if you don't order a PC to do anything they will just auto-attack and you will be fucked. Dwarves seem well done enough. I don't know if I am being too harsh because of high standards, or am being not harsh enough due to how shit RPG's are atm. It's better then POE and bioshit anyway, an hour in and no one has said they are gay or trans, no niggers and no female warriors so far.

Which is pretty good for a german, since german on average have the imagination of a piece of wet cardboard.

Show me any german fantasy setting with even a tiny bit of flair or interresting writing.

Germans seem to be incapeable of making anyhting other than generic not even tolkien but DnD fantasy, and beeing germans, they cant even make their fantasy about NotGermany , which would be interresting.

Don't worry, if and when I actually fuck up again and make a thread on this (or anything really) I'll do my best to doctor a tumblr nose and cry sjw. Maybe post a tasteful trump_doge 10mb .jpeg.Unlike say a gameplay trailer, that would appease and adequately inform your average user, right?

Pretty much this, and I figured a dedicated dorf PC is something of a unicorn even at that.

Sounds like propaganda against individuality.

From what I have seen it looks like an interesting game. Torrenting it.

Oh, well…

In later books, the main character learns he's from this thirdling clan. This is mostly fine at the time, because hey, he was raised by humans, so he doesn't have the cultural imperative to kill all other dorfs. (Before you ask, thirdlings usually have crazy tattoos all over their faces that talk about them killin' other dorfs, so that they can not accidentally kill a thirdling, I guess?) This is good, because the plot advancement weapon can only be weilded by a thirdling and have magical powers that let it kill things without corporeal shapes. So yay, he wins the day and gets the hot blacksmith lady, which is great! …Until the second book, where it turns out that thirdlings are (rightfully) racially hated, and the hot blacksmith wife is paired off to some other guy.

The books never make the thirdlings as a whole sympathetic, but they do make a lot of the fact that Dwarf life is 'stuffy'.

Also, there's only three female dwarf fighters of note: The dwarven queen of one of the folks, who is noted as an outlier, the blacksmith waifu (she's a blacksmith, of course she has great upper body strength) and a single sympathetic thirdling. Reminder, thridlings are the only dwarf people who have killing things as a talent. All the others are just craftsmen and defenders.

I seem to remember Wolfgang Hohlbein as a fantasy author that isn't completely terrible.

can i get my dorfs shitface hammered in this game?

How about someone tell me what you are supposed to actually do? I know there is a combat system thats pause-able and they have 2 special moves. And theres like 50 guys onscreen fighting.

But whats the point exactly? What am I doing? Why am I defending the Dwarven shit? Who am I? Do I control one guy or switch characters the whole game?

Because you're not a clear-shaven, knife-ear'd pile of steaming shite?

You get about five core skills +items +potions +passive perks later on

Finish the bloody tutorial first? you'll see the true protagonist(s) in like five minutes

Can't be worse than Tyranny.

DnD is a tolkien derivative at the very core, sure it has more flair and new things tacked on, but it still overwhelmingly inspired by tolkien
A different style of fantasy eould be authurian or stuff by howard

Learn how to shill your game, Jesus. The threads today were absolutely embarrassing.

He's just Argentinian don't worry

Hey user, when did we stop laughing at the fedoras and start emulating their pseudo intellectual bullshit? And it's closer to dark eye then dnd anyway.

That achievement reminds me of that Michael Jackson song: "They Don't Care About Us".

Kick me, kike me, don't you 'black or white' me!

Is this retributory shitposting over 4am or am I missing something?

Alls you have to do is explain the game mechanics, thats it. I don't know anything about the game except its isometric style view and you fight 50 guys and you have party members.

Am I doing quests or building a Dwarven fortress or what?

Wait, so you haven't even played it? I could have sworn you were some moron stuck in the tutorial

Think Aarklash: Legacy but with trump dwarves.

I thought Aarklash was pretty great
I might actually pay for this game now

Whatever floats your boat, worked for me just fine.

so is the game any fun?

Is the SJW free?

We know that in these times, even a game about fucking dwarves can be full of SJW content shit.

Aarklash was really fun but suffered from being way too simple and low on content. Does this fix that?
Out of curiosity, does this have any relation to We Are The Dwarves?

faggots like you should get a trip so normal people can filter you

>implying dorfs aren't the always the best in good games they're in

Nope and I don't believe so but interdwarf bants and smashing a few gorillion orcs/zombies/humans with a sledge and then watching them sail thru air with full physics is pretty comfy so far.

Are their any hot female dwarves?

Gameplay looks slow and the enemies just fucking stand there while you wail on one despite you being in the fucking middle of a bridge full of them. And that's just from the trailer where they're showing off the best/main aspects of the game to get you hooked.

I actually have a Deep apreciation for Walther Moers who defies every stereotype of germans.

His books are full of wonderfull atypical fantasy that defies any genre conventions about fantasy and tolkien, with a time period that is kinda medieval, kinda modern full of fancifull characters and fantasy that goes beyond magic, like an entire city built on the ruins of a Dungeon thats a gigantic library, with Samurai looking mercenary pirate Librarians that look for the most valuable books in said dungeon fighting each other and book related monsters over it.

I fucking love that guy, he is proof that Germans still got a chance at this fantasy thing.

Into the trash it goes. This is generic throwaway fantasy, if anything.

You try having all of your people's bad goyim-ness stomped out of them and see what they end up like.

I'm German and even I have to agree with this.
What did we manage to produce? The Dark Eye, which is just DnD for people who don't speak English.

Nigger, those orc and zombies swarm like crazy and the archers will pepper you from across half the map. That's not mentioning hostile mages, siege engines, elves, their heroes, dark dwarves, ogres who use the same cleave you do and so on.

If you want to pick on something the game likes to switch the localization to german at random, the camera management is really annoying and you'll wreck your own shit if you don't pay attention to friendly fire.

They're somewhat less whore-y though.

One of the main characters is a bit more "progressive" then your average dorf due to being fostered by a human but even then you're generally given the option to lose your shit.

Aarklash is more complex but this seems more fun if that makes sense.

And the one truly retarded thing so far is how the PC goes from literally not being able to keep his axe to a proficient warrior with zero fucks given. There's not even a training montage or anything.

Have there been any games with training montages?

Kotor comes to mind.

A few, but even a fade to black and a year later would work better .

Just finished it, it was explained why the PC was good at combat near the very end it's a stupid explanation but still.

So you want shitposting? How about this?

So is this shit any good?

Worth a pirate at least.