New Vita Thread

"HELGHAN DID NOTHING WRONG" Edition

WHATCHA:

And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Mod edit: title change as requested

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/804184695902793729
falcom
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/805146789842219009
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/805235944723009536
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/holiday-sale-week-1/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP
store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/holiday-sale-week-1/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP
redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331833002613/best-mobile-game-2016-poll
wololo.net/2016/11/22/adrenaline-easyinstaller-solve-adrenaline-installation-woes/
wololo.net/vita-3-60-homebrewsemulatorshacking-guide/
gbatemp.net/threads/ikenie-to-yuki-no-setsuna-i-am-setsuna-localization-project.443941/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/holiday-sale-week-2/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP
nichegamer.com/2016/12/14/valkyria-azure-revolution-heads-west-ps4-xbox-one-ps-vita/
archive.is/88YrR
gematsu
ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-PCH1001-Wi-fi-No-screen-Scratch-Ver-3-51-/142211398987
reviews2go.com/playstation-tv-compatible-games-north-america/
twitter.com/Wario64/status/809867614725885952
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good, we archived the last thread this time.

sure did, but I forgot to put "vita thread" in the subject line for this one

JUST

Christ that HUD is fucking everywhere. All it needs is a semen meter and a fingerless gloves meter.

Just to double check, NISA didn't get to fuck with the script or code for the game despite publishing it in Europe? They'd have just reused XSEED's prior English script, right?

killzone a shit

Considering you can report a thread (on some boards anyhow) in order to request it be stickied, can one be reported to have a hotpocket add a thread title? Just a thought.

Dude, Helgen was destroyed by a dragon. I was there. Ulfric lied, people died.

What game?

Dungeon Travelers 2-2. I wanted that the next vita general at least have a more weeb friendly picture since it's the Vita, but oh well.
Also

I still cant believe Killzone Mercs is more fun than the actual home console games its based on. Still the best FPS on the system, more so than CoD Declassified which still has a playerbase on it.

Hm, I dunno. I'll have to see.

Limited run games are asking for suggestions on PSX 2016 games to get physical copies;
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/804184695902793729

Are there any other vita games being shown there outside Garou?

Never played a Panty Quest game.
What's the gameplay like?

? It's just a DRPG with pretty ladies in it. Imagine any DRPG you've played and it'll be that, but a really good one, at least the first Dungeon Travelers 2 was.

Yeah, it wasn't me that made the thread like last time, but at least the thread was archived.

One of the best DungeonRPGs, watch some gameplays on jewtube. There is also the original release for psp (jp?) if you want to try it.

Falcom's got some BG free for download on their site. Vita-sized, as well (960x544).

falcom com/download/calendar/index.html

Dungeon Crawler that emphasizes class tree skillsets and 4-option customized weapons & armor. The game can go from easy to extremely difficult, but allow for versatility in your choices for character building. Dungeon maps themselves can either be simple to outright trecherous, again depending on your style of play. This is not to say the game is easy street—it goes a way to cover the basics with you, but after that you're expected to keep up. And the hints almost completely dry up in the postgame, which is a beast of a game unto itself with nearly double the content and loot and bosses of the story campaign.

Your classes all have their strengths and drawbacks, likewise enhanced by whatever equipment you can find & customize (customization becomes a super huge deal in the postgame). There IS no useless class, despite what gamefaqs may lead people to believe. It's a case of everyone having their favorites. I will state this: don't expect support units to hit with attacker damage, and you'll be fine in your optimization pursuits.

The lewd aspects are plentiful—dialogue can get especially racy, but there's nothing hardcore in the game. There are 4 CG images altered by Atlus America allegedly because they would have warranted an AO rating from the ESRB. A claim made far more ridiculous when there's scenes and dialogue that get far more raunchy than those four scenes. The story is a serious but light-hearted and self-aware romp through a makebelieve kingdom to stop the revival of a Demon God, with lewds along the way (warning: Grishina & Conette will break your nutbladder). There are over 100 mini dialogue scenes prompted in various ways during dungeon crawl with its own charms. The trophies are complementary to the game itself, meaning you can platinum this game by just playing it.

All in all, an excellent time sink. Speculation on its sequel, DT2-2, hasn't begun yet. Not here, anyway. It's up in the air if the class customize system is going to go away, or if these various "dark" forms are some mega evolution or some Trance/Limit Break feature. They're also not done introducing the characters, as I'm dying to know if Tsurara's dead, or if Melvy is missing/a permanent boss on the evil side.

Advice if you pick the game up: Save often in dungeons before going into doors. The game is set up to keep you from making hard mistakes and losing hours of hard work, unlike situations like Etrian Odyssey, where you're largely at the mercy of the dungeon and the FOEs (but damn was that fun).

Also according to the user who posted the scans:

So, the Kinda Funny guys are backing a "Vita relocation program" for folks that want a Vita but can't afford one, and for folks that don't want their system and want to donate it.

That's kinda neat.

most of my PSV time recently has been Adrenaline based since PSP ISO's are easy to get hold of and run. Primarily Rengoku II and Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Dungeon traveler 2 will be here in dic 6

The absolute mad man, he actually did it!

Yeah, would make for a nice way to keep systems moving around and available. Still, even with it mentioning donation of systems (as if the prior owners will give them up freely), I would assume there's some sort of money involved somewhere along the line, if only to keep things moving.

I think they got that covered

I would buy a PS Vita if there was a sequel to Killzone: Liberation.

After an extended break (took a while to work out some issues with installing stuff on my PS2 hard drive), I've got a new setup for game tabs, this time with newly added Japan and Asia Physical/PSN tags, as well as one to signify if a game is in English. I will need a bit of help from potential moonspeakers here as to whether certain games saw physical/digital releases in Japan or Asia though, just to make sure I have stuff down accurately.

Considering rearranging tag layout though, so the western release ones are on the top row and the eastern release ones are on the bottom (and thus the "Eng" tag might have some more weight if associated with Asian or Japanese copies that have an English option on cart).

.>>11366731
Thanks for the link. Too bad about all the text all over the images, really limits their usability as wallpapers, for me at least.

Can't help you there, but keep up the good work user buddy.

do the girls do cute things and act nice to eachother?

Should also say again that it would help for anons to contribute with games they feel are worth having up there (though admittedly it's harder to get people to actually take the additional time to write descriptions as opposed to just listing off game names, at least in my experience with updating the DS and PSP images). For the time being though, most of what I can do is just try to tweak the layout; takes actual content to actually make tabs for use with an eventually finished image.

Also, I think that's kind of the issue with officially released wallpapers; the company behind a given series is likely to want to make sure people that see it know what it's from, and thus brand them to further expand awareness. Same reason Vita screenshots include the game name and publisher (with varying degrees of obtrusiveness). Still, it looks like it's mostly comprised of what would be some official art, layering, and maybe some filters/erasure (depending on how they made clear space for the logo in the left image. I doubt it would be that hard to mock up something like those without the text if you could find the base image (character art with pre-existing transparent backgrounds might not be the easiest thing to find though, in the case of building something like the second image).

What ami looking at? go on bully

Sample with the bottom tags reorganized for Western release on top and Eastern on the bottom for the sake of comparison with . Would be nice to maybe get some input on what style works better.

For a while now I've thought of trying to make an 8/v/ specific vita image for game recommendations, rather than people continuously just borrowing half/vg/'s. Had a stumbling block for a while of how to handle the issue of how to represent games due to the nature of mixed digital and physical releases (same reason I had yet to get past the text list stage of a possible PS3 image as well), but I think I've worked through it now. Games that had actual physical releases somewhere (even if the west was denied a physical release) and thus have actual cover art will get that style of tab, and when I get to worldwide PSN exclusive games, I'll make another one with a different from of game representation than cover art (one thing at a time). The tags beneath the cover art represent whether a game is exclusive to the Vita (for the time being I am counting extended releases that were only on the Vita), which regions/format a game came out in, and whether the game has an English translation and thus would be import friendly for regions that didn't see it (which I figure is most useful for games with Asia/Pacific English physical releases).

Is this going to be a recommendation list, or a here's-what's-on-the-Vita list? If its the first one, maybe add something about the gameplay in the description. For the audio language, I think the options should be ENG/MIXED/JP so you can tell apart a game with only English dubs from games with both languages.

Recommendation is the intention. There's only so much room to work with though, and with a fair amount of extended remakes/rereleases/ports, it makes it a bit hard to weigh on an individual entry's gameplay and trying to explain what makes it different than a prior version. For the time being though, I've put sample text I wrote myself in there for formatting purposes and to show what the text looks like; for the most part, I'd preferably leave it up to other anons to decide what games they feel are worth having on there, and what exactly is important to have in the description (I may or may not have to reword for the sake of available text space); for the most part with these sort of things, all I do myself is compile them, leaving the actual content up to fellow anons for more of a collaborative input feeling to it.

That is actually a pretty damn good suggestion, and one I hadn't never thought of. I'll add space for a line beneath the top of the Notes section for that.

Additionally, the main reason I'm opting to put audio language options in that spot is both that the tags section is getting a bit cramped, but also because there's a fair amount of options for what could go there as well.
Strikes me as easier to just be able to list them off manually on a game-by-game basis.

Who's looking forward to Caligula?
Or has anyone played it already?

NO

I heard it's mediocre but I am starved for JRPGs.

You don't befriend Chuuni. You bully them.

Today has been a good day

I imagine that Ys Origin will be digital only, but I haven't heard either way on the formatting yet. Would be nice to be proven wrong.

Maybe sony will let Limited Run Games pick it up

I'd prefer a physical release since Ys generally seems to do well enough here in that format (since they started making more of an effort to bring them west anyhow; that big gap between the original releases of Ys III and Ys VI PS2 and all). Still, considering it's not XSEED making the decision to port it (at least going off the article I read on it on NG), it wouldn't shock me if DotEmu goes the digital only route.

Still surprises me a bit how the delusional girls in WA3 and Shadow Hearts: From the New World are surprisingly capable (the former having such strong autism it lets her manifest instant cosplays of her favorite novel heroines right down to working weapons, and the latter being a vampire that acts like she's the star of her own magical girl anime despite it being 1929).

Always bully your chuuni.

twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/805146789842219009
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/805235944723009536
Well it seems like they've been talking to DotEmu for awhile so Ys origins and Windjammers have a decent chance.

Huh, that's nice. What do they tend to ask for physical copies of stuff, and is this going to be a case like Skullgirls where they'd take orders in advance and print later, or a free-for-all set up where they open orders and it sells out in an hour or however long it usually takes for the indie stuff they do physical runs for?

Price wise? 24.99 to 29.99 usually, higher for special stuff like The Silver Case PC release.
That depends on the devs/publishers, they also decide how many copies get printed not LRG themselves. Skullgirls had the whole pre-order deal because Reverge Labs wanted to jew for voice acting and the Silver Case was pretty much a test run for future PC runs

Well, either way, it strikes me that with the former it would be far easier to actually get a copy of the game, especially considering I'm generally a nightowl that's asleep when places are prone to be showing/announcing/making stuff available.

Maybe someone with a twatter could point the idea at DotEmu if they do opt to go for a limit physical print?

should I buy a shita or a pisshit 4?

PS4 is hacked?

It sells out in 10 minutes.

Except Stealth Inc. That lasted a day cause it was so shit not even scalpers wanted them.

Well that's disappointing.

Given how good was Ys Celceta's special edition, I might save some money if they decide to make one for Ys Origin

Where did the vita homebrew general go? Is this console so dead that the piracy thread died as well?

The homebrew general was only ever interested in piracy while vitagen was actually about discussion of the console and games. Now that the ability to pirate newer games has slowed because nobody is publicly releasing exploits to 3.61/.63 games piratefags got bored looking for the "newest cool shit" to show borderline normalfags and the homebrew gen died because it was essentially the same thread twice with all the pirates gone. Piratefags don't even finish games they pirate because they're more interested in looking like they know how to do shit and rather than actually doing shit all they do is press a button. The only good thing to come out of the homebrew gen was Torfag leaving vitagen alone for a few weeks with his broken English walls. If you are interested in discussing piracy there are far better places to do it than a thread that gets 3-4 posts a day.

Every single thing about the vita is like staring at a person dying of starvation. It's quite sad and disheartening.

Maybe people are actually playing games now instead of complaining about prices.

I'm wondering if the demon transformations are something like classes, supers, or transformations as well. I hope they're like transformations that give everyone another unique passive and a unique move. Or maybe they're a new branch of class that have unique mechanics.

I've always wanted a game based around transformations where they're not a press to win mechanic, but something that you have to manage. Like the game is designed where you have to keep switching between forms to be successful

Hilariously, I don't care or want more advantages to my characters. What I really, truthfully want, is bosses and dungeon fodder that openly and consistently challenge me. That was the funnest part about DT2—the fact I ran up on super bosses without knowing anything, guidelines barely helped (again, GameFAQS is insanely biased on character builds). It came down to wits, trial and error, and planning to overcome all the big boss types. And I honestly want a lot more of that. I hope there's a whole plethora of omake bosses this time (I'd ask for a story campaign superboss but that's probably overkill), and traps that set you up for sequenced death if you're not careful (one way doors to a pit down a level you previously explored that just happens to be frequented by solo running monsters or monsters grouped in such a way to seriously cause problems with your team).

I'm far more interested in the difficulty and challenge than I am the new bonuses & perks. Tho admittedly if the storyline has seriously affected the girls & Fried, I definitely want a piece of that, too.

Fuckin' A, codemonkey

Gonna take a little bit to talk about just what I mean w/bosses & challenges. Now, this guy does know essentially what they're doing. But the problem lies in the insane amount of stubbornness on display concerning this boss. Strategy in spoilers:

Echidna is a Panzer tank, meaning anyone thinking physical attacks are the way to go are asking for a fight of attrition they might actually lose due to fluke strikes or really bad luck (both of which are common in the game). Her DEF score is some 2000+, the highest in the game bar maybe Satanail. Worse, she has a high-activation Knock Down, which blocks piercing attacks like arrows or long-range strikes. This YTer took as long as they did because they're relying on the Joker as their primary DPS when she has TWO critical weaknesses against Echidina—Danger Shoot is a long-range attack that can be parried, even imbued with fire, it's still a physical attack that will run low number damage (nothing in the 2k category) This is exactly what the Witch class is for. Buff your Witch (Loose Spirit & Prayer Bell), have her throw either elements or Soul Absorb (Soul Absorb is fast casting, crazy-fast recovery, can be buffed to do high 4-digit damage, and pierces defenses like Our Kingdom Is Without Enemies). That on top of a Maxed Hopak and Salsa from your Etoile, and additional Spiritual Fantasia from a Bard/Diva, and the fight should take half the total run time..

Another huge/glaring fault there is that guy hasn't fleshed out his class options. His Paladin can only be used two ways if they're not going for items, same with the dancer, same with the MagiPri (who actually can function as a well-buffed secondary Paladin with certain class skills). Way too rigid on fighting options for my personal tastes

And that's from losing four or five times to her to find all this out. Each of the bosses are super hard, but they're fallible. This guy's taking the long way. And let GF's tell the story, you shouldn't bother hard with anything concerning the Magic User class that isn't a Magic Princess. EVERY class has their use in the game.

What is it Holla Forums?

Moe Crystal, probably the pirates one, too.
They'll probably get translated but I wanted physical releases. The last minute, quiet cancellation of the English version of Crystal was a dick move.

Are there any good guides out there for Soul Sacrifice: Delta?
I'm a retard and I just get the feeling like I'm playing the game wrong. Not necessarily difficulty completing missions, but I just feel like I'm missing something from the game.

Also, I don't know how you guys play ecchi games so much.
Even with Muramasa: Rebirth I have to take a break from playing because of Momohime's thighs are too much for me, wanking is only a temporary solution and it takes up too much time.

the true ending had better be pretty amazing after everything I just went through emotionally to get the other four endings

I bought GE2:RB on black Friday.

Currently having fun with that.

Vita version, or just letting you play the PSP game on your Vita, either way, don't really care. If I want high res, I'll go play on an emulator.

Mercs was good though.

it's not

I sense potential for a "NeoAtlus: 2015" edit. Something involving either their milking of Persona 4, or how bad they've gotten about paid DLC for various games lately.

I know a few games like that where transformation isn't necessarily overpowered, but rather adds variety to the character's repertoire in terms of stats and abilities. What strikes me as harder to find is a game where transformation is well balanced, not just in terms of "perk vs cost" (and without being ridiculously overpowered), but in a way where the cost to it still doesn't force the player to hold back on using it aside from bosses or other tough enemies. Maybe it's just me, but I find it slightly annoying when a character's big shtick to combat (compared to other characters) is the ability to transform, but you wind up having to save it for when you feel you really need it and thus don't use it all that often because the cost to it doesn't encourage more frequent use.

Summed it up pretty well friend.

I like to think of the Vitagen as Vita-tan herself; reserved, doesn't say or do much, but loves the Vita just the same.

So, sorta like Legend of Dragoon? I remember some bosses needing a transformation or two at the right times to get a heal off or to reduce the damage of a devastating attack.

It won't stop hurting.

Soul Sacrifice is shit.

Can anyone that tried the remote play function on Vita tell me if its worth a shit?

Depends a lot on your network setup. And also on some random factors like is there something glitchy with your consoles or not, how far from your console are you, you know.

The ending seems unremarkable at a surface level, but if you think about it and - crucially - replay the first game, it's 10/10.

I remember the first game very well.

The "true" ending wasn't really that great of an experience, I have to say. All of the branching side endings were significantly more enjoyable.

Steins;Gate's true ending was a lot more satisfying (though still left on a bit of a cliffhanger)

Everyone receive their physical copy of Shovel Knight for the Vita yet? Almost didn't buy it since Yacht Club is decidedly anti-Vita based on their communication, but the game seems good and it'll show a better message if they see more sales. Also heard the Vita version is the best one in terms of visuals all things considered.

Not that my contribution made much of a difference, since it seems like sales are in the low 10000 or so.

There are less than 5000 Vita carts out there, actually.

So did I, but trust me - replay it.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/holiday-sale-week-1/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP

I'm giving my OLED Vita away to a good friend of mine as a Christmas gift. She's really into cute games, so I'm sending my copies of Touch my Katamari, LittleBigPlanet, and Sorcery Saga, along with Sly Thieves in Time for something a little different. Any other super-cutesy or quirky games I could add? I was considering Gravity Rush, since it's just a solid game.

Kinda how I've been seeing.

Well what a shocker; almost all the Vita sales are shit.

Maybe Atelier or Nep games? aren't they about cute girls doing cute things?

Let's say you're a big manly man who just so happens to like cute things, what's the best Atelier to start with if you haven't played any of them?

She's not a big fan of turn-based RPGs. I could look into Neptunia U though.

Ayesha+

Ayesha+

It's a low-rent rendition of Senran Kagura—a given, since it's the same devs involved. If you enjoy Neps, then there's really nothing much to lose in that circumstance. Nep U will be fun.

wew must have really bombed.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/holiday-sale-week-1/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP

News like that makes me think the collector user who doesn't play his Vita games is wasting his money. Not that I'm doing a much better job playing my games yet…

Shitty sales, not shitty user for sharing. Thanks.

When you say cute, with your selection of games, it makes me think you don't mean moe or weeb-cute, especially based on your answer: >>11400692
If that's the case I don't have any recommendations for you. Truth be told I can't think of any truly cute games aside from character designs or moments in some games. I would call a lot of Dungeon Travelers 2 cute, but it's mixed in with a lot of lewdness which puts normalfags off; this I could say about nearly all the games I've played some might consider cute.

Uh, maybe boy and his blob? Simple, accessible, most agree it's cute. Maybe all the not Japanese cute games are PSN only.

Kawase Umihara something or other. Yumi's Oddysey in the Nintendo DS/3DS version. Quirky cute platformer. Flying Hamster HD is a by-the-numbers kind of horizontal shooter with cute graphics and adequate challenge.

Nep games in general are cute—Nep U is lewd. Recommend Patapon for the PSP if you're loading a card for her. Likewise, Patchwork Heroes. Half-Minute Hero might also entertain her.

And if she doesn't mind lewd, Gal*Gun Double Peace.

Anyone been checking out da dragonquest builders game? It's clearly a lot like mine craft but I like its village building dynamic.

Oh A Boy and His Blob would be a good pick. I think I'll just send her a $20 and a $10 PSN codes.

Yeah, not so much moe cute-lewd as more of a pure or quirky kind of cute she's a big fan of gudetama

Been hearing lots of great thing about it. Gonna pick it up after Christmas hopefully.

What has been up with all the Dungeon RPGs the past few years as opposed to the traditional JRPG (Dragon Quest for example)? Less JRPGs are around these days in general as opposed to a few gens ago. Especially on the DS,PS2, and SNES/Genesis.

I don't know if it's that they're simply easier to make or that it's an industry trend to move away from the traditional JRPG. I like both for different reasons but I'm finding myself enjoying DRPGs more often now. More focus on exploring and combat instead of a mix between story and gameplay. Better designs for dungeons which keep you on your toes. More emphasis on skills used outside of combat instead of just combat only. Story is just something on the side but isn't a huge part of the game. Usually more difficult too.

Do you guys think this DRPG trend will stay for a good while or is it just a phase that will end soon?

Beat the last boss of Digimon Next Order. Not sure if I want to play post game because I seem to be forced to combine into Omegamon to do anything. I'm not particularly fond of any exe forms.

Not sure yet, I'm browsing for a game that can give me the feeling of a grand adventure.

VNs and DRPGs are popular because they don't require as much effort, money, or talent in many areas.

Don't need to worry about animations, 3D models, or a highly dynamic world based on the player's input.

I'm really liking the large amount of DRPGs coming out lately. The only thing that would be better is if they tried to do another DND game that didn't suck.

Thought of you and this thread last night, OP.

I dusted the Vita off for some Lumines last night. Was fun, made it the farthest yet.

FFX remake.

Nothing, I'm not putting any more money into this sad system. I really wanted to love the Vita, I was even an early adopter (dumbass I know), but in the end it has been not much more than an MP3 player and portable FFT…which is actually almost worth it.

Have FUN user!
also, I remembered I have to beat that sniper mid-boss on the 7 underworld.

I have a weird obsession with how vita games look on a shelf.

I messed up and got a few used games off gamestops website when they had a b2g1 sale. Dunno why it didn't occur to me that they might not come in the original case.

Looking at some inexpensive Vita games, are any of these actually worth owning, Army Corps of Hell, Lumo, Earth Defense Force 2, Dungeon Hunter Alliance or Teslagrad?

so any news on getting the psn exploit back on modded vitas yet?

Probably EDF 2. Many got games physical because they don't trust Sony and they can just be removed from the store forever. But now that soft modding is a thing, getting physical isn't as important as it was before.

It happens. I wouldn't think twice about it either because I always keep my game cases and just assume it's a necessity to most people. Definitely a lesson to avoid ordering used ANYTHING from gamestop/ebgames.

EDF 2 is pretty good. It's about as fun to me as EDF 2017 was, in that there's a lot more to unlock, but the gameplay is much more simple due to the small arenas and smaller amount of enemies compared to EDF 4.1. If you do have and play EDF 4.1 I'd say play that instead, unless you're bored of it. If you can't play 4.1, 2 is an ok game with some design problems here and there, just don't expect to find anyone playing it online anymore.

Welcome to what might be the best game on the console bud. And yeah, the calendar is pretty sweet.

While I don't have anything against DRPG's per se, I do wish some of them were actual JRPG's with animations, cutscenes, and graphics worth staring at. In particular Mary Skelter I think would show better that way; any game with a small cast you're with all the time (1-10 characters) shouldn't be a huge chore to do the work for, but what do I know. I don't think it'd work so well with Stranger Danger City and Demon Gaze due to party members being created, though I'd love that. What this user said is what I think.

God damn, about fucking time

redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331833002613/best-mobile-game-2016-poll
Cold Steel II is an awesome game and is nominated

I'm not one to complain about a system gaining a bit of a specialty in a genre or three, so to speak, but I do know what you mean. There's a number of traditional JRPG series I could have seen the Vita being a good place to continue (at least as far as ones being on majority Sony systems), if not the PS4, but that's not happened as well as it might have. And with Sony instead opting to follow Capcom and Square's trend, some that might have been continued on Sony systems eventually are being relegated to being rebooted for mobile phones instead, as if their not suitable for a handheld like the Vita, or even the PS4 as a home console.

Really not sure what has it worse: Those classic series that died off years ago, perhaps before their time was truly up, those where the rights holder no longer cares to treat the franchise right (IE: Nintendo in regards to Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi's ability to coexist as JRPGs), or those that have had their graves pilfered and the corpses paraded to make mobileshit and either cater to an entirely different crowd or act as nostalgia bait. And which ones will be the next.

I find series that die at their prime the best. I actually think this year of gaming has been one of the better ones despite all the cancer floating around. Like Intelligent Systems was one of my favorite companies a few years back and now nearly all of their IPs have fallen from grace. Many JRPG series could definitely be pushed to the Vita since the 3DS isn't nearly as great as the DS. But instead we get Sony trying their hardest to kill their best platform. I really wonder what the real reason is.

I'n some cases I'd wonder if a series' fall from grace is a result of the publisher meddling (trying for more shekels, most likely), or a simple factor of people leaving the dev team and others coming in, resulting in a change for the worse. What saddens me a fair bit is just how few of the older series are still around. I mean, sure, there's been some new IPs to take the place of the older ones, but of those older ones its still pretty much Atelier, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Legend of Heroes, SMT, Persona, Tales of, and Ys, and some of those don't even come off as being that old because localization use to be pretty spotty. I guess I kind of miss just how big the variety used to be, and seeing a lot of well like classic series in the grave is sad (even just looking from sixth gen to seventh, there's a noticeable variance in what made the jump to at-the-time current gen and what got left by the wayside). But then you have Breath of Fire, Valkyrie Profile, and now Arc the Lad and Wild Arms being reanimated as mobile zombies; they're not dead anymore, but not what I'd call alive either.

To some people/places, I assume the term "mobile" fits for any sort of game you can take on the go with you, be it something on a phone or a dedicated vidya device.

You're miscounting in your head. The DS library, the PS3, and the PSP were coated in RPGs. The only ones that had any real lack was Xbox (plenty of west titles, but obviously no eastern), and the Wii & WiiU (they've been promoting action titles over anything non-flashy or cheap movement, regulating them to the handheld market). PS4 will have its own library and is building slowly but surely.

Now, as for what's been going on with the overabundant dungeon crawlers, the easiest response is this is all the B-level studios can afford. No one wants to shoot huge risks on unknowns, anymore. And its not like all the studios can afford a PS4 dev kit or a WiiU kit. Suggesting Xbox is laughable. FFXV's numbers just got released for week one JPN sales. 700,000 almost…of which barely 4,000 of those make up Xbone total FFXV purchases. But back to point, next gen and cutting edge development is expensive as fuck, even without considering the advertising budgets being a money pit. These studios do not always break even with their titles (Pretty sure Uppers flopped hard, even with the embarrassing delay). Cost have to be considered. Crawlers are cheap to design around and difficult to get wrong, gameplay-wise. And they can sell moderately well…at least on paper.

As for the trend staying…no. Sadly not. The handhelds will soon be forgotten by Japan entirely, and these studios will have nowhere to go aside of mobile. I did say PS4 is gaining a library, but it's also deadly-obvious that a certain look and feel is being pushed, and most RPGs don't fit that bill the way they did ten or twenty or thirty years ago.

The Switch looks to be another kinetic-promotion machine, much like the Wii & WiiU. I don't think Ninty's abandoning the 3DS anytime soon, but as for Sony & Vita, the writing's on the wall for next year.

It's gonna be frustrating to have this avenue for gaming closed off.

The writing is on the wall, but it has been for a long time now. We still see plenty of Vita support, albeit not physically, but for me it's more than enough to keep my wallet hurting.; there are more games I want to play on Vita than I ever will want to play on PS4. It is only a matter of time but I'll keep supporting the releases I'm interested in as they arrive. I assume most of us here will do that same.

This for me too. I'm still supporting the games released for vita (I'm buying them digital lately and on sales), if the game is good enough I buy them only physical. I have two psvitas and one pstv, one is on 3.18 with TN-V so I can play all the psp/ps1 games, and the last two are below 3.60

I fucked up, I thought the Vita was similar to the PSP as in when you delete a game the savefile would just stay on your system.
Playing DT2 from scratch all the way to back to lvl 99 without having the DLC seems like a pain.
Is there a drpg that has the same or higher level of customization/difficulty DT2 has?

The translation patch of I am Setsuna is coming out tomorrow.

Since there's nothing I want to import right now, I have no use for this. It's good for another few days.

Now someone can dump it.

Oh. Doesn't display the value. 5 bucks off. And shit, no one can dump the DLC, since the store can't be accessed.

Ouch. No backups, huh?

Only one that comes close to my experience is Etrian Odyssey for the Nintendo DS/3DS.

Oh, and Wizardry. XSeed has a demo up for that on PS3

How do I transfer shit to a new memory card?
Do I just move all the shit on one card to my PC, slap in the new card in my vita and then transfer everything back?

Yep.

Alright thanks

what anime is this image from

How do i install psx and psp games on vita? the last time i was searching for it i didn't understand a thing and now that i installed henkaku i don't know if there are better or simplier ways to do it

For PSP games, you have to have a PSP game already installed. Then install Adrenaline :
wololo.net/2016/11/22/adrenaline-easyinstaller-solve-adrenaline-installation-woes/
Then put your isos in ux0:pspemu/ISO/
For PSX games, I think retroarch has a PSX core.

So after seeing this post I wanted a physical Shovel Knight and went searching for it. I found that it was done through a site called fangamer.com. I went searching through the site looking at their other stuff, and I found that these guys also sell clothing that says stuff like "Cuties Killing Videogames" and "Feminist Gaming Illuminati."

Conflicted about that. I'd play a game made by SJWs if it looked good despite that, but I don't like the idea of supporting a middleman company if it's run by assholes.

You probably don't need that physical copy, check if amazon or ebay have it.

Its the 3d movie about a dog adopting a retarded white kid

You must be fucking kidding me.

DT2-2 Amazon page just updated with Amazon exclusive "original DLC". What could it be, and am I a faggot for preordering the non-Amazon premium edition

that's it? man it did bacame easier. thanks dude

omake characters from ToHeart2 and also double-exp and equipment drop rate cards. No big deal compared to other games—the game can function without it quite easily.

shit. The jp Amazon page is still confounding in its Engrish.

Shit. That might also explain the terse message I got back when I told them their tracking just goes to a google search page for the supposed tracking number. Well, not totally surprised, but very disappointed. Knowing this ahead of time probably wouldn't have changed my mind, but it would have darkened my thoughts of supporting this release for sure. Guess you could always wait until other retailers get their hands on it. Videogamesplus at least, ebay if not.

So I just bought a PS TV and it came with firmware 3.20, should I go for HENkaku or is there anything better?

It's time

I like /vip/agen wish more people would use it to actually discuss games. Vitagen is pretty bad right now.

You have a point there.

HENkaku is still the only option you have for any Vita hacking. They're working on an updated framework called Taihenkaku, but it's still in beta. Anyway, just upgrade to 3.60 carefully by following wololo's instructions, then go to henkaku.xyz and be smart about it.

wololo.net/vita-3-60-homebrewsemulatorshacking-guide/

name?

They are ridiculously pretty.

So, I assume Taihenkaku is still going to just be for Vitas at 3.60 like Henkaku was?

Fuck this shitty spam going on.

Yup. 3.60 is basically the homebrew firmware since there's apparently no point to trying to crack later versions according to yifaglu
Just another reason furfags should be gassed.

Maybe it's just me, but for some reason I keep expecting more CFW sort of stuff for use with systems at later OFW, kind of like how the PSP has CFW for use with up to 6.60 OFW. Though of course, the PSP has become notorious for ease of hacking and being the Pirate Station, while with the Vita Sony's been more prone to try to keep it locked up. Speaking of which, I've started hearing about particular recent Vita releases now requiring 3.61 OFW to run; hoping that it's not like that for Atelier Shallie Plus at the very least, considering it's not coming out here until January (I think).

I swear, if it was indeed Bui again, this is the second time he's found a way to fuck with the site.

From what I heard; he was fucking furry over for the past few weeks. So he probably found something to fuck the boards with

So is it possible to just use the USB cable to transfer homebrew and games, or are we still limited to using FTP?

You never got this from me, understand?

I've been using the cable since the start. Rename the zip to mp4 so it looks like Disgaea4.zip.mp4 transfer as a videofile. Inside henkaku namechange edit the name and remove the .mp4 part making it a zip again.

What's the current state of CFW? Will it ever happen?

Cum on step it up

Also just a heads up, the vita version of shantae has some minor framerate problems. You don't really notice it unless there is a fuck load of enemies on screen or be on the loading/save screen. Other than that it's been pretty fantastic so far

I don't own a TV why do you think I play games on handhelds?

How? Why? What the fuck.

Then buy one faggot. You can get a small Tv now for less than the price of two games

Now, imagine if this was really how the game looked like, and not a bunch of static images of the enemies and your party images only in the menus?
I've been playing some Dungeon games on my Vita, Demon Gaze and Sword City. I was planning to get Travelers, but, to be honest, this is one of the laziest genres I've ever seen!
The idea of the dungeon is not only because of the exploration, but it's also a way to simple do nothing graphically. The enemies don't even have an animations for anything! All in these game are just static pictures.
Think about it, you have VNs with more animation!
The games are not bad, it's quite satisfying to beat a hard enemy or dungeon using the right team, but I swear to god, I'm never buying, or really playing, another lazy ass cheap piece of game like this.
We hade better animated games back in the Snes/Genesis!
I don't excuse western developers for lazy pixel art, and I don't excuse eastern developers for strapping drawings stickers in the screen to call them enemies or allies.
I needed that rant.

Nintendo is that way

Go beat off on Etrian Odyssey IV.

The game was made using the same WiiU engine that they made Duck Tales with.

The genre is low budget. No shit all the animations are simple or non existant.

They are not that low budget. VAs in Japan are not that cheap, so we know where the budget is going.

No one is talking about Nintendo you damaged animal!
You want a weak game and I want a better one.
Want an example? On the freaking Vita?
Look at Saga Scarlet Grace, Banner Saga, Grand Kingdom!
Fucking dungeon crawlers like Travelers have less production values than plenty of mobile games! People keep buying this bullshit and thing it's helping the best side of the industry.
What a joke.
Vid related is a very simple example of how you could improve the battles of these games exponentially. And it was released for the PSP!

It's a shame that game isn't very good, I like the spritework. I didn't get to the skellingtons.

Also, the I am Setsuna english patch got released. gbatemp.net/threads/ikenie-to-yuki-no-setsuna-i-am-setsuna-localization-project.443941/

Fake and gay.

GTA5

Anyone down for some Killzone multi?

theyre good fps games. first one is better solo, second one solo can be really draining and empty. i still havent finished the second

So they just took the window version's script and injected into the game right?

I really wish someone would do that latest Nobunaga's Ambition game

Thanks for answering my questions about Hollow Realization and recommending I get the JP version to save me from a god awful translation and no updates. OH, WAIT. I got the NA version since nobody answered my fucking questions. Oh, well. Serves me right. At least I have a physical reminder that I should pay a premium and wait half a month on shipping if it means I get the version of the game without a shitty translation and with dev support.

Kid lived? 9mm or what?

Yep.

Too be fair, the god awful translation is the only time the writing in something sword art related was entertaining and worth reading.

Not really. Any translation that includes the word "awesomesauce" is pretty much just as bad as the source material in this case. About an hour in, I started ignoring the text and just listening to the VAs. This game is a textbook example of why fully voiced games aren't entirely a bad thing.

Wait I was thinking of Hollow Fragment not Hollow Realization, by bad.

Hollow Fragment's combination of Japanese to Chinese to English translation and machine translation was a master piece.

You're not talking about gameplay mechanics or hyping systems, though. You're complaining about static models and why companies don't put any effects into things that aren't attack FXs and dungeon design aspect.

To which I pointed out Etrian Odyssey IV and also Untold and Untold 2 has all you're looking for. Go be happy with them while the rest of us continue to enjoy our dungeon crawlers.

Otherwise, stop bitching to us and go write Vanillaware and ask if they'll consider a dungeon crawling project.

I never said you can't enjoy the games. I even said I own two of them. But since you are a bit slow, let me spell to you again:
THIS GAMES HAVE LESS PRODUCTION VALUES THAN MOBILE, BUT THEY ARE SOLD FULL PRICE
Now, stop acting as a drone and look at how stupid this is.
GKH from vanillaware was a veiled dungeon crawler, and look at that game.
If entrian odyssey have that, good, that's why it's so famous and well received. But the Vita is receiving too many weaker games because that's what people by for the system.
Buying these dungeons crawlers as they are would be like buying undertale for 40 bucks. Would you do that? Maybe, but you would be stupid nonetheless.
I want to pay for better games. On the Vita. I don't care for the 3DS. That's all.

user you fucked up.

If you have your Vita for more than two years, that was kind of a necessity, you know?

You can mask,download,then edit the game to 3.60,???,

Did you refund it;^)

I don't see it as something to defend yet it doesn't bother me since I play roguelikes. I've can appreciate good animations and as long as it doens't look like shit then I'm fine. The lack of animations does speed things up in combat a great deal. Like how I play later Disgaea games with no animation most of the time because I prefer fast results.

Like Phantasy Star and Dragon Quest which had some pretty good animations during combat.

Was that knee-jerk reaction even necessary?

You're comparing Square Enix and NIS to Aquaplus who is very low budget and known for making visual novels. Second pic is Tiers to Tiara 2, a PS3 TRPG visual novel which looks worse than some PS2 games. As for why people buy DT2, it's because the gameplay is very solid. It's not great in the graphics department but graphics isn't something that I play games for.

DT2 is one of the best games on the PsVita.
DT2-2 will be GOTY

user's right—you fucked up.

Not inclined to hold my tongue for every bout of pointless whining I see. Not even playing defense force, it's just outright user has no idea what they're talking about and no sense of scale of what's spent or allowed to be spent on developing these titles. Not liking the look is fine. Posturing like you know better is asinine.

user, the reason why most of these DRPGs coming out have lesser production values is because most of the DRPGs being released…come from the same team.

The big ones, Demon Gaze, Stranger of Sword City, Operation Abyss, it's legit easier to count the number of Vita DRPGs NOT made by Team Muramasa/Experience Inc. Hell, another half is made by Idea Factory, and both of those devs are well known for reusing and recycling assets. Experience Inc. been using the same assests and sound FX since 2010 when they released Students of the Round. Possibly since the PS2-era, back when many of their current team members were making Wizardry spin-offs. And Idea Factory is Idea Factory, aka the same team that legit ported the same map they created for almost every single Neptunia title into Unreal Engine and didn't even bother fixing the lighting.

The reason we see so many DRPGs is because they are cheap to make and practically guarentee to recuperate a cost. And considering this is a genre that revolves around nostalgia and goes back to the days when they made graph paper mapsand can't possibly care about how nice a monster looks when it's gonna disappear in 3 seconds, you are in a minority smaller than your anal circumference.

I say all of this cause I know your right and I would love to see some actual effort in making these games instead of just seeing the same team copy/paste whatever worked last game into the next one, but right now it's better to just calm your tits and enjoy what these games are. Big time throwbacks. Otherwise just play any other RPG anywhere else.

Hell, if you are into more production values, you can always import Coven & the Labyrinth of Refrain. That looks pretty pleasant and I'll say it is on the right track to where you are looking.

Oh, and

Fuggit, on to more hopeful news. Anyone here have a Vita copy of Atelier Sophie? Looking to see if the translation has improved any from earlier dismal efforts regarding the later games of the Dusk trilogy.

Well, it's been a fun ride, at least. Luckily, there's plenty that I haven't played yet.

You must be playing games like crazy, I have a 30+ game backlog on Vita. I wouldn't give up on next gen yet, you should buy a Switch after it gets hacked and you get all your games free

Why didn't you fags tell me PS Vita handled PSP games pixel perfectly?

I can play Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max like a dream.

The Wii U was already bad choice. I'm not going to bother with the Wii U 2.

Well, no. Not really. I do own a copy of most of what i want, though. It just feels weird that I genuinely do not look forward to much of anything new.

Because, looking at both systems' resolutions, it should've been obvious?

Everybody says that until they put Monster Hunter on it.

I thought it would apply some filter or something over it, or was just under 2x resolution.

I owned a Wii U for about 7 months and regretted the purchase. I was able to make most of the money back, though. I don't really care much about Monster Hunter. I could always just play one of the PSP games if I really wanted to. Or, I guess MH2.

I see the Switch as more the successor to the 3DS than Wii U. To me it looks like the Wii U bombed so hard that Nintendo is barely bothering to make a home console. 3DS was worth while after it got hacked, Switch will probably be worth $250, provided we get free games.

I really don't regret backing it now, I just hope the extra content doesn't take as long as it did for shovel knight.

It's a Wii U tablet with improved off-TV play.

How's it run on Vita? I heard the PS4 version has some major issues. Main reason I'm curious is since WayForward actually didn't handle the Vita version.

Also, lol. I busted out the 3DS to play through Pokemon Moon, then immediately put it away. Prior to that, I pretty much hadn't touched it since March. I don't think it was really worth it for me, man. i preferred the DS by far.

I'm going to be mad if it doesn't run on 3.60. Hella fucking mad.

What happens on December 20th?

I suppose you can look at it like that. I saw it as a handheld that can be played on the TV, similar to Vita/PSTV. I understand why you're wary, the Wii U is a terrible system.

I agree, DS was way better. I have the welfare 2DS model which I bought for $90 and pirated Rune Factory 4, Stella Glow and a few other games. Ended up being worth it I think.

The game actually comes out.

There is occasional slowdown here and there, but other than that is runs fine. The only major problem I've run into is with the mouse maze; if you at the wrong time when switching platforms you can get stuck like pic related and have to exit the level.

It's entirely avoidable and hard to pull off, but it's worth noting.

Official release/physical release. Only people that got the game right now are backers.

Cool. Sounds like Marvelous did a good job with the port, then.

I don't have a 3DS, but I will say that I've found a LOT more of interest in the original DS' library than what I've seen come out for the 3DS. Initially I'd wanted to write that off as the DS having been out for well over a decade and already having an established library by the time I got big into it, and that the 3DS simply needed some time to build up a similarly good library, but after five years of it being out, I still don't have much desire in picking up a 3DS. The Vita's had more games that I've found to be of interest.

I was just disappointed by the games I preordered being boring, and the only games I really liked being the 3 or 4 that I've had since 2014.

Occasional slowdown, huh? I hope it's worth it. I decided not to cancel my preorder despite the delays. I better not get fucked.

i've quite enjoyed mine since i got cfw on it, but mostly for games i wouldn't have given a chance to otherwise. i'm midway through legend of legacy now and it's been surprisingly good.
my favorite games in the whole library were etrian odyssey 4, the zero escape games (which are multiplat and work better on other platforms) and the layton games.

When the slowdown happens; you'll notice it. But it never gets bad enough to hurt the game like the shit The Last Guardian goes through.

As for is it worth it? Depends; it's really enjoy able, but easy (save for a few bosses and bretty good puzzles) and short at the moment. Like it took me just over 7 hours and 20 minutes to beat it with 100% clear and all but 6 trophies unlocked. After you beat the game you just get a new game plus mode that lets you have all your powers from the start. Outside of that, there is 4 different character campaigns and a bunch of costumes but they're getting added later.

I hope they're free.

They are. They're just doing what shovel knight did; main campaign released, then all the stretch goals stuff gets added for free when it's completed.

Operation Abyss New Tokyo Legacy is the same game as Generation Xth: Code Hazard?
With some mechanics cut and more MOE, the names etc. all seem the same so far.

That's right. It's nearly a remake of that game.

I was emulating a psx game, i put the console in standby, turn it on again and all i get is a black screen. "Whatever maybe it has problems with suspending the game" i try to load an in-game but it says that there are no saves.
Is it a problem of retroarch? emulated games can only be saved with savestates, not in-game or was it because i put it on stand-by? if it's the first does that mean i can't emulate games that run on more cds like legend of dragon?

My brother wants one and am considering getting it for him. So you're saying that games that require firmware above 3.60 (which is what's needed to run pirated games) won't work then?

The vita looks so cute when she blushes

Currently yes, a hacked vita can run legit psvita games below 3.60 (currently you'll be limited to physical because no psn access) and pirated vita games in addition to whatever homebrew is working, currently a few emus, including a psp emu (assuming you can get an activated psp demo/mini on the vita), and assorted programs that nobody cares about + the obligatory DOOM port.

Alright I just hope the games he wants to play doesn't require above 3.60. Gonna take a chance and buy one. Thanks.

hue

Just finished Steins;Gate 0. I am overall very pleased with it. It wrapped the story up very well and filled the gap in the true ending of Steins;Gate perfectly. Had lots of great moments.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/holiday-sale-week-2/cid=STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE16LP
It's updated now

Hmmm, I'll have to think about this

Nah.

Thankfully most of the games I play are local multiplayer or single player only. EDF was the only game I played online.

Will mechanics feel outdated if I go to previous games afterward or is it not too bad?

lol just get a phone fags

what?

My mistake then. When my 2 day trial ran out, the 3 and 12 month subscriptions were the only ones there. Still, I don't see much of a point to getting PS+. Only reason I got it last time was because my brother wanted to play Overwatch.

Where do I get a Vita now? They're so expensive everywhere

Looks like Walmart's website still lists them as $150 for the 2000, but that's if they have them in stock (which they don't right now). I'd maybe recommend looking into local independent stores, as they might be a bit slow on the uptake for marking what systems they've taken in up.

nichegamer.com/2016/12/14/valkyria-azure-revolution-heads-west-ps4-xbox-one-ps-vita/
archive.is/88YrR

Digital onry for vita

I bought a used 1000 from GS for $160
It'll most likely be lower than v3.61, so you can load it with henkaku if you want.

You should probably kill him for having shit taste.
Or fuck him in the ass for being a huge faggot.
Or both, for either reason. I'll leave it to you which to do first

gematsu com/2016/12/legend-heroes-akatsuki-no-kiseki-coming-ps-vita

Titanfall 2 on PS4 (was on sale and it's fuckin good game) and finally playing FFVII on PC (fuckin chocobos keep runing on me)
Persona 5, Yakuza 6 and Horizon to finally come out.
Will be going to shop for christmas soon: FFXV, Last Guardian and some strategy on PC.

evry thread

Bought a used 1001 from a canuck on ebay yesterday. He's got a bunch, for about 100 USD plus shipping.

ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-PCH1001-Wi-fi-No-screen-Scratch-Ver-3-51-/142211398987

Comes with v3.51 and a good, unscratched screen, catch is is that it's manufacturer refurbished. Mine hasn't shown up (obviously) so I guess I won't find out if it's good or not until then.

I'm enjoying Operation Abyss a lot but I can't say it's very hard, which the Drpg chart said. I'm autoing bosses to death in 2-3turns.
This wouldn't fly in DT2.

Yeah DT2 bosses aint no push over. Hell I've been playing Stranger of Sword City and most bosses are pretty easy once you know how to deal with them. Have a character in your party with a Stun weapon and just spam X Charge skill The one that ignores evade. Once I'm done with that game I should go back and finish DT2, just have to make a good party for the Onsen arc.

Damn that brings back memories. That map was more fun than it had a right to be. Advice hope you have some kind of "outlast/attrition strategy. You're going to need it in certain parts of that map. Not ballbusting, but…eh, you'll know what I mean when you see her.

I've taken to calling digital-only games "pirate only"

Any vita exclusives on the horizon?

Mary Skelter: Nightmares until the eventual PC release

… I have no idea where all these refurbished Vitas are coming from. I thought I had had the last source of them before it sold out. Turns out you can find anything if you look hard enough, and easily too.

I don't care if a game is exclusive or not. If it's a game I want and there's a physical copy available, I'll get it on Vita, especially if it supports PSTV. More (good not mobile or other shitty kind of) games on more platforms, on physical media if possible, is my desire.

America never ever.

Speaking of PSTV, it's been nagging on me a bit as to whether I ought to leave the "import friendly" icon in or replace it with something to represent native PSTV compatibility.

If I had the why not both image, I'd post it here.

Spacing, mostly (374 x 275 being a fair chunk to devote to games on an individual basis). I'd initially only wanted maybe one line of icons beneath the cover art (Exclusive, Physical NA, Physical PAL, Digital NA, Digital PAL), and have since added another row. Maybe it's just me, but unless there's more possible things to consider having icons for, I'd like to avoid adding a third row on top of that. Main reason it's the import friendly one that I'm considering replacing being that it's probably better to make a more detailed note of it in the actual description, like for Soul Sacrifice Delta as there's a difference between "has entire English script" and "technically playable without needing to know moon."

Is it worth it to have an unhacked Vita/PSTV? PSN access sounds nice, but I'd want to switch between US and JP accounts

If you need to download anything through PSN you can download it to a PS3 and then use the content transfer.

Any game released after this September requires firmware later than the one used for hacking.

Question: Released "after September" as an initial release, or any release in general? Wondering if something that released in Japan prior to that, but released here afterward (or is yet to release here) would require higher than 3.60, or retain the same required firmware it initially needed.

I bought a console so I want console exclusives! I want it! I want it! I want it!

Well now I feel retarded because I've been avoiding buying stuff that was on sale.

This is pretty shit though

Ordered Odin's Sphere yesterday so I have something comfy to pass the time when I visit my folks over the holidays.
What's your go-to comfy shit, user?

Someone please explain this garbled mess to me. What am I looking at?

There's plenty. Most are dungeon crawlers.

A number of classic JRPGs have been seeing sudden "revival" on phones lately. It was bad enough that Capcom and Square had done so for Breath of Fire and Valkyrie Profile, but as those were their own property rather than being owned by the system owners, I supposed they could sadly do what they wanted with them. Now, with Sony themselves owning the rights to Wild Arms and Arc the Lad, I had hoped they would have remained safe from mobile reboots, given that Sony actually has their own line of systems to put games on. And indeed, there had been some apparent talk between Media.Vision and Sony in regards to Wild Arms for PS4 and/or Vita. Now however, Sony seems to consider their own series not worthy of their systems anymore (I could maybe understand opting for the PS4 over the Vita at this point, but they're not even doing that), but still sense potential for money via mobile reboots of them. Bottom paragraph was me simply wondering which situation was worse: Series being abandoned before their time, series being warped due to some change in idea by the dev/publisher (such as Nintendo now opting for Paper Mario to become "action adventure" as if they can't have two ongoing RPG series involving Mario), or cases like this where a dead franchise is dug up solely for the sake of making mobile games out of an existing IP.

I apologize if the original post came off as rambling, I was more than a bit angry and depressed by the news.

tl;dr our older, favorite franchises are either being locked in a basement to never be seen again (Konami), or they're being used to bolster mobileshit games. The fervor is because Arc the Lad and Wild ARMs have been revealed earlier last week as getting new titles…for mobile only.

Starting to get into fighters, what else besides Power Stone is good? Is the Skullgirls port worth a shit?

>>>/fighters/

Blazblue

I meant the picture of the hair-squid molesting the armor.
But yeah, that's some serious monkey paw shit we got going here.

I seriously hope me posting screencaps of Media.Vision and Sony apparently having been working towards a WA6 on PS4 and/or Vita didn't count as memeing it into a monkey's paw result.

Oh, the image? Sad Anastasia clinging to Knightblazer form Ashley, who is either heavily wounded or dead; only posted it as it looked kind of like I felt at the news. Bit of an odd picture; as both characters being alive is separated by many, MANY generations, that either can't physically happen, or it's her spirit or memory doing so. Some very bizarre shit does go down in that game though (in addition to a multitude of other things, at one point Ashley somehow meets Anastasia, Luceid, and Marivel/Mariabelle in a memory of sorts implying to have been a long, LONG time back, explaining Marivel's annoyance at Ashley not remembering her earlier in the game), so who knows. There's a decent amount of fan art of her with Ashley though, since it's with her blessing that he is able to stabilize his demon form into the Knightblazer fans know and love.

It's a hair-squid, you can't fool me. Where are her legs? And her body. All I see are massive hair braids wearing dresses

Her hair is pretty damn long, and she it split partway down, with the sections wrapped fabric before having some sort of bauble tying them off towards the bottom. You're right though, it's a bit hard to read what the fuck her dress is doing there. The back of the dress in the image doesn't quite sync with the official concept art. I'm pretty sure she's still just laying there on her front, though she might have her legs and feet pulled up under it. I don't know. The artist could have just fucked up or done their own interpretation (and given some of the fanart I've seen, I'd rather her dress be slightly inaccurate than the Argetlahm, her giant sword, being unintentionally drawn as some dinky little letter opener). On that note, she's certainly stayed a rather popular character from the series in Japan, despite only being in two games (one officially, the other as a cameo NPC) in a not-that-popular series that's been dead for nearly a decade. Same, if not moreso, with Marivel too (though considering she looks like a 2hu that one doesn't surprise me that much).

Also, non-bumping posts since this hasn't been vita related. Meant to put that in the last post for some reason the post kept stalling out at 100% for some reason. I suspect it's related to how much text or lines you've got in a post, or something. I don't know. Deleting the "sage for off-topic" line and bumping the second paragraph into the first (making the post only one paragraph entirely) let it go through. Just figured I'd mention it in case it helps someone else in regards to potentially getting their own posts through.

It's probably not necessary if you have a link to the "games that work on PSTV" list kept updated here: reviews2go.com/playstation-tv-compatible-games-north-america/
There's a european one somewhere too but who cares about new islamia. ;^)

Depends on you. Some games seem to be meant for a bigger screen, such as ARPG's and the like. Usually I'm more comfortable sitting or lying down in front of a monitor with a controller in my hands than a Vita but that's my preference. Personally I picked up a Vita and a PSTV each for my two region PSN ID's. It wasn't necessary but it saves me needing to reset the console when I want to play games which require access to DLC from another region, like Gundam Breaker 3. Most people don't care about this stuff so I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in my situation with physical games that demand certain regions for DLC purposes.

I'll give that some thought, thanks. Still waiting for people to even contribute for games they feel are worth adding and descriptions though; I can compile descriptions while still working out the layout, it's not an "either/or" thing. Can't do much beyond that without content.

Are there a good number of cases where a game gets cleared for PSTV use in one region but not another? Strikes me that if it's cleared in NA, it ought to be cleared for PAL as well, but I know Sony's not the brightest bulb in the box.

When I post in this thread, which I usually only do in the morning, and I see your posts with requests for descriptions for a better wiki, I think to myself I'd really like to write up a description or two, but as an adult with a job and a severe need to de-stress when I get home I don't have a lot of time for any kind of writing, especially around this time of year. I'll try to keep that in mind though, I'd actually like to contribute to something useful.

Yeah, I get you there. I'm just a NEET with some Adobe programs and skills and a good amount of free time, so I'm more than happy to make this sort of stuff as needed/requested. I just prefer to have these be more of a group collaboration of anons here, rather than adding games on my own, or trying to look at "Top [X]00 Games for [Y] system" lists for input, as I don't think either helps build an accurate representation for what games anons would be content with having on stuff. And ones that require more work than just quickly listing off game names and/or genres, such as the DS one, the PSP one, and this one, do require more effort and input than some of the others, and I understand that not everyone has the time to easily give to writing stuff; people have lives and work, and class and such.

(1/2)

This is really the first time I'm trying to do one of these "games+description" style ones from what is ultimately scratch though. With the DS and PSP ones, it was a matter of first copying the existing content, remaking it in a new format, and then adding/subtracting entries from them after I already have something to show for it. Here I've just got sample tabs for a few games for layout purposes (the text is prone to be changed later) and that's about it, as I'm not exactly using an existing image as a base to derive content from. If I can't get contributed content, I'll probably have to throw it on the back-burner, the way I've had to do so for other systems that I've marked in-progress graphics as being "low demand" for due to lacking discussion/input (NES, Genesis, etc), and pick it back up further down the road. And with how a lot of the Vita's library can be rather niche, I figure that descriptions are something I shouldn't just drop from it for the sake of speeding up input.

(2/2; seriously, what the fuck is up with these posting issues?)

I just installed cfw. How do I get free vidya?

nevermind, I figured it out. I was expecting psp levels of easiness. For anyone asking, look up mai tools.

What games do you still need descriptions for? Or maybe it'd be easier to say what games you already have descriptions of. Also is there any method for determining what games belong on the list? I'm sure theres games that someone would think belonged on, and everyone else would be like fuck that.

If you want something that has a online community then you might want to go with Skull Girls or Blazblue. There's also Arcana Heart 3 Love Max. Each of those fighters aren't easy to learn. Especially AH3 because its movement system is so different from other fighters to the point where footsies are barely a thing. There's also Last Blade 2 if you want something more simple.

Blazblue Central Fiction never came to the Vita and so your main choices will be Arcana Heart 3 (it's great but no one plays it), Skull Girls (supposedly not bad but the cast is very small even compared to most modern fighters), and Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend (everyone has moved on to CF).

For the time being, the ones I've been using for the samples further up in the thread have descriptions written by me for the sake of formatting (bit hard to format for text when you have no text to see it in action). However, I do agree with others that for games that are extended ports/remakes, there needs to be some better balance between describing the game on the whole and what is new to that version. So, while I might have sample descriptions for Ar Nosurge Plus, Muramasa Rebirth, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, SSD, and Ys: MoC (all of which I've seen decent enough liking for that they seemed like they'd make for good games to use as layout samples), some other anons might want to rewrite them to balance them better or be more useful, so I'm not certain at this point if those count as "already having descriptions for."

(1/2)

I generally opt to leave what games go on these up to other anons (and for ones like this I also need them to write a brief description), as opposed to adding what I myself have found enjoyable, as tastes do vary and I want these to be more of a representation of what fellow anons find enjoyable. Usually, before I get any of the initial releases out, what I'll do if post a WIP image, or a list of what are currently possible additions, as a means of both showing how progress is going and provide time for other anons debate about certain games being present/not present (I find it much easier to make changes prior to releasing something, compared to no one saying anything and then complaining that X game is there after the fact). Of course, there is room for "love it or hate it" type games, and with the Vita library being rather niche, that's part of why I opted for tabs with descriptions, rather than tabs with just game names and covers.

(2/2; fucking posting errors)

DanganRonpa 1 & 2 - It's basically Phoenix Wright on peyote. High School students are thrown into a bizarre killing game where their survival rests on figuring out whodunit. With trials that lack a judge or jury, you have to convince squabbling kids of the truth. The structured feel of most mysteries is out, in this one you have to figure out the truth amid chaos.

Zero Escape Series - These games are Visual Novels mixed with "Escape the Room" puzzles. The stories always involve nine characters kidnapped by the mysterious figure "Zero," and forced to play a strange game, where there is always a tension between whether they should work together, or betray each other. The rules of the game are different in each entry, but they always allow for branching paths in the story as the player gets to make the decisions.

Persona 4 Golden - An updated version of the Playstation 2 RPG. It features a new character, dungeon, and epilogue, along with new social links, personas, dialogue options, cut scenes, mini games, quests, story events, and the addition of difficulty levels. You can also see how other players chose to spend each day in the game. If played on a PSTV it will look better on a modern TV than the original, as the original was in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Persona 3 Portable (PSN) - An updated version of Persona 3 for the PSP. The FES story is gone, but all the other additions from FES are present. Also missing, in order to make it fit on a UMD, are anime versions of the cutscenes, and the ability to walk around outside of Tartarus. Navigating the city has been replaced with a visual menu. The additions are the ability to control the whole party in battle, and a female Main Character with new social links.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax - The plot of this game is that an anthropomorphized Dreamcast convinces characters from Japanese YA novels to help her fight against the despair she feels for causing Sega to fail out of the console race. Seriously. Nonsense plot aside, this is a 2D fighter that, while not nearly as complex as something like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, is definitely not a button masher. It also has the sense of speed expected from anime fighters.

BlazBlue Series - A convoluted and bizarre anime plotline. Music that is an unexpected but delightful mix of rock and classical. Colorful stage design. Most importantly, it has fast paced fighting atop complex systems. After Arc System Works lost the rights to Guilty Gear, they made BlazBlue so they could just keep pouring crazy into 2D fighters. If you like fast 2D fighters, this is what you should check out for Vita.

I'll see what I can do with some of that, though I am preferring to have things on an individual game basis, so I might need ones you have there representing multiple games split into separate ones (even stating something like "continues plot from prior game" or whatever, and mentioning what's new mechanically would suffice; keeping spoilers to a minimum is desired).

As for P3P, I've got that on the revised PSP one I've already had in progress. I do not intend to include PSP and PS1 games on this directly, but I do plan to have a mention somewhere that the Vita has PS1 and PSP capabilities. If need be, I can make a separate image with a list of which PS1 and PSP games are eligible to be run on the Vita.

Morning bump. Would be nice if anyone could confirm what audio options Fighting Climax has for me (I assume it has at least Japanese if Sega is remotely aware of what the sort of people buying that type of game want), as well as that Europe saw it digital only (I found that from a prerelease comment on an article from when the game was confirmed to come west; not sure if that changed or not).

Japanese voices, English text, no options.

Alright, I'll take out the (?) then.

Can you activate Adrenaline with a cfw ps3?

Same, why did Western devs dropped the Vita so fast? Call me a faggot but i love having quality shooters on the go, Burning Skies? Unit 13? Mercenary? Not enough.

Besides that, I hope the Vita gets more and more visual novels. Playing them on this is very relaxing on convenient.

Same, but too bad everything is gonna be normalfag-tier all ages

Decrypted games allow for asset replacement between copies meaning with a bit of effort you can replace all ages versions with 18+ versions. Eiyuu Senki already proved it can be done. Only current roadblock is 3.61/3.63 keys changed.

So, would those just require CG replacements, or would they also likely need some slight fan translation feeling in line with the official scripts if it's more that entire scenes aren't included?

Still trying to progress in Dungeon Travelers 2. Might play some Wipeout, too. Or Hot Shots.

I've actually bought more than I expected to this season. The only things left for me to buy are imports, really. Don't really want Aegis of Earth or Conception II anymore.

Bought too much. Killzone Mercenary, Natural Doctrine, World of Final Fantasy(on sale for 24.99 at Gamestop/Amazon for the rest of today), and I have Shantae preordered for Tuesday's release(I fucking hope this runs on my Vita). I have 25 physical games now. Shit.

Well, exams are over, so I'll get to play some shit now. I'll probably end up playing more PS2 games than Vita games, but yeah, I think I'll have some fun.

My own despair & frustration

For my Atelier games to actually play & also for card not to be corrupted

A gun to off myself if I have to format this fucking thing since I haven't done a backup in months, thus stand to lose a fuckton of data thanks to this stupid error/booting/corruption code including my extensive DT2 work

fuck my life

fuck my life

You mean they glitch out after a few like that, or just outright won't play? I had a similar issue with trying to play TitS FC on my Vita a while back; after a few minutes it would just crash, and before I could even reach a point to save, let alone back a save file.

They won't boot, period. It'll stall and give that error at the startup screen. Ayesha included, also.

I read around and it sounds like it's another of those codes where Sony should have long-fixed the shit with their patches but that would take work & doing.

I'll delete and redownload and hope that clears it because I'll lost my mind if I have to format my card.

Good luck man.

i had a similar problem. It was a 8gb memory card and I lost my savedatas. On DT2 I was on the 10th floor of the last map post game… ;_;
I'm now on the 15th now after LOT of hours but at least I had fun … r-right?

Ok, im spooked how do I backup my saves?

To your PS3/4 system or to your PC that HAS to be running Windows 7 or higher.

I'm giving myself a few days to resign to this if the reinstall doesn't fly. The other games work fine that I can tell, but I know this is a problem that can branch. I'm gonna finish clearing my DT2 game before I format this card. Shit hurts. I was using this game data to start on a proper guide to the game, since the English wiki is damn-near empty & useless.

The other games on my card, I mean. Got way more than just Atelier games.

Fucking triple posting. Keep this in mind: Sony is fucking retarded paranoid and thus slaved Save data to exe/game data. So when I say backup, I don't mean just your saves. Backing up Vita data means you're backing up exe/game data as well as saves, and they cannot currently be separated. Another anti-piracy/stupid venture on Sony's part.

So if you don't have space on your PS3/PS4/PC, don't bother. A backup means the WHOLE 8/16/32/64gigs, and not just pieces of it.

My last backup is ancient as shit, which is why I'm grumbling. I got a fuckton done since that point, including Crowning several characters in DT2.

You can use a number of programs, both Sony official or not (QCMA being an unofficial one people seem to like) to back up your saves to a computer. Issue though that justifiably annoys people and makes them not really feel like backing up as often as we ought to being that save files are tied to game to data, making backing it up require backing up not just the save but game data as well, which takes up a lot more time and space than it otherwise might.

Sony is fucking retarded with their anti-piracy measures. I can only guess they don't want the vita to take the place as the number one emulation and free games system instead of the PSP.
There is a homebrew save manager that just grabs the save files if you run henkaku though

Insanely retarded. It's frustrating to a degree I've never experienced before. And luck would have, my only other way out this mess is paying for their jew online network club, backing up individual saves on their systems, and hoping THAT data doesn't corrupt/is already corrupt.

Even if I have the game physically?

Yeah, but in that case, the game data won't take up as much space. You'll still be backing up the updates and whatnot, though.

So how is Darkest Dungeon? Thinking about picking it up before the sale ends if it's any good

oh thank god a delete & reinstall worked. Okay, switching gears to a new Atelier focus.

Also, it's about time for a new thread in a bit, right? We're about to 300.

would like to know this myself.

I read from some posts it turned into a no fun allowed game, were any new tactic to win or let alone have fun will be nerfed in the next patch.

Eh, guess I'll pass on it

The game is engineered to make you grind over and over again. In fact, any party member that makes it through the darkest dungeon alive NEVER GETS TO GO THERE AGAIN. Greatest example of the kind of fuckery to expect from the game, and a fantastic example of why mods are necessary to fix developer idiocy.

300 posts. New bread when
5th aniv japan edition!

twitter.com/Wario64/status/809867614725885952

i got it ready now. sitting on it for a bit, its only page 7 still

I got into DT2 post game awhile ago. What even is crowning? I just started Hell (which is hard as fuck) and slowly making my way through.

New thread here