Skyrim gets BTFO by being shown what a proper remaster should be

Why aren't you showing THQ Nordic that you want to see the Darksiders Trilogy come to a close anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/489830
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I'm not a fan of the Darksiders games

Because it's not a good game

>free for people who already had it on steam
Cool
Less cool

That's fine and dandy OP but what does it change beside graphics, if anything?

Because I already own the original

oh fuck it, I'll send a few gifted copies

Support up to 4K at 60fps.

Yeah I was about to install it when I saw this. It's still neat that I got it for free though.

Nice try scholomo

Whens darksiders 3

Or rather what else will we see from THQ Nordic, if anything at all

right now THQ Nordic is going through the most mad man thing is to revitalize every ip they own through remasters, sadly Darksiders was supposed to have a linux port, but the original developer who was in charge of the port bailed on it and someone else was supposed to take care of it but as of right now no linux port

That's neat I guess, does look like they reworked the visuals to be a bit brighter and hey $5 bucks for Zelda meets Devil May Cry with a glass of water is pretty decent to pick up not that I have the dough to do so.

You could always get it on your PS4 or Xbox One Trips :^)

Well this release coincides with last years Darksiders 2 remake release apparently. I'd say keep an eye out for next years E3 with a release slated for around October if anything is going to come out soon.

If your standard is to go against skyrim then you have shit standards tbh fam, kys.

Im tempted, it is pretty cheap. Darksiders 2 was so fucking padded though it made me insane

THQ Nordic might just turn out to be pretty cool.

Im hoping they dont make another game.

What else do you want them to do for a remaster? Modify the gameplay? You'd complain about anything else, as would the rest of us. To properly remaster a game, this IS what you do. You don't become gearbox and fuck homeworlds core gameplay. You don't re-release a game that came out last year. You don't replace audio with shittier audio.

You update the visuals, and you leave the fucking game alone.

THQ has been doing a really good job with remasters. Look at TQ - They not only updated it graphically, they made a couple of balance patches to boot!

TQ remaster didn't work for me at all and glitched everywhere but that might be just me

I'd rather play Skyrim Special Edition than the trash you posted.

steamspy.com/app/489830

Why do you feel compelled to tell us all how much of a casual you are?

God, please save us from this faggotry.

Because the casual turd of skyrim is better than the casual turd of Darksiders.

Well you have to go with whats relevant and Skyrim is the most relevant. Both are re-releases on Next gen consoles that only update the graphics Though point against Skyrim for shoehorning in their bethnet shit. Darksiders is a bit crisper in fidelity and details going by the PC Vs PC test I saw, I'm sure it'd be a lot more apparent for consoles, Skyrim just has an ENB over it that adds in a bunch of fog and bloom. Darksiders is a port of a game that came out in 2010 that didn't have mod support, Skyrim came out in 2011 and does have mod support (and it honestly pointed out how inept they were when normal maps were fucked up) and both were re-released fairly recently. They're both Fantasy games with light RPG aspects so the comparison is pretty natural. Also Skyrim is more then double the price of Darksiders release.

Darksiders was a LoZ mixed with DMC gameplay, while 2 was Diablo III mixed with DMC gameplay, which lends itself much less nicely. For the next they might go back to LoZ/DMC but mix in a shooter element since Loot n' Slash games have fallen out of favor since Darksiders 2 came out and received complaints about that gameplay mechanic That, and they might focus on their OCDoughnutsteel Strife horseman who uses guns more.

Well Ideally you'd want bug fixes and maybe address a gameplay issue or two if possible (Wind Wakers Fast sail). But Darksiders doesn't get much flak outside of maybe having to get 3 Macguffins too often, so getting a prettier version is fine. I just wanted to know.

They did give it away to all the good goys who bought it with all the DLC so the figure may be skewed a bit.

the developers were almost there

Darksiders 3 was originally going to be based on Fury, who was the OC female with a whip, from what I read. Not sure if THQNordic got access to old design documents as well as IPs. I'd doubt it, but they did rehire a lot of old devs from THQ and it's subsidiaries, so perhaps they have the talent that made DS1/2.

Perhaps try locking your FPS using the console, or even the default settings menu?

because people who owned titan quest on steam got the remaster for free. but i who bought physical cds 300+ years ago didnt get my courtesy blowjob so im salty.

you can use the console? the settings menu allows you set your refresh rate but doesn't cap the framerate

Because I don't like the game
You can try and bait me into supporting the game by using my hate for Skyrim, but it won't work as Darksiders is little other than a QTE fest

welp, looks like thqnordic is pozzed

The SSE was never meant as a proper remaster. Its whole purpose was to hook people up to bethesda.net for future exclusive distribution and mod control over that platform.

Learn something about the games lore and try again.

TES is shit no matter how you slice it

Explain how TES is good.

The only bait here is your dumb ass pretending Skyrim is worth getting at all for any reason.

Its not straight up Tolkien Fantasy bullshit it used to not be

you made a claim first, explain why it's bad

Not an argument.

You try and explain how it's somehow bad first.

I never recommended anyone buy Skyrim Special Edition.

how bout them arguments?

At this point you guys are just derailing on purpose

Nobody is interested in having the Why Skyrim Is Shit conversation for the six millionth time.

He is right you know.

The story of the Dragonborn is basically about some guy fighting some flying lizards.

That's not the conversation I'm having, I never said Skyrim wasn't shit, I think it's shit, but I know that Darksiders is shit too.

Nice try, next time make an attempt at a reply and try again.

Go to bed Todd

If it's past anyone's bedtime here it's yours.

Whatever you say Todd.

You can't stop rote responding retards from regurgitating the same old conversations they puke out every time certain topics come up. It's basically autism at this point.
NIGGERS

If threads about bethesda games were banned on sight we wouldn't have the retarded casual problem

You will find moderation to your tastes on NeoGAF.

You can't even argue your fucking point, go back to reddit where it's hugs all day for little bitches like yourself.

This whole thread should be ashamed, can't even fucking argue with me without misunderstanding or strawmanning what I fucking wrote.

You will find opinions on video games to your tastes on NeoGAF.

I'm not going to buy the remastered edition Todd.

Oh, you mean that they turned off the frame rate limiter they built in for some reason and removed the maximum on the resolution you could choose in the options menu that they put in for some reason.

Basically, it's the new Zelda for camgirls. Edgy and easy, niche and WOW-tier art design.

but Fury is pistolero

What's it like to be able to type a language without actually being able to read it?
Go back and try again.

Pretty sure that's around the wrong way. You get Strife's gun, if I recall 2 correctly.

No Fury is the angry woman with a whip. Strife is dual pistols.

Noice. It was a pretty cool game on its own. 22gigs is a bit much but not that dealbreaking.

I don't know, but I genuinely hope the next game will allow you to play as any of the other characters. One thing I liked was how they changed the fighting style of both characters - War was a guy who was very "stand your ground and fucking fight" while Death was "dodge around the enemies making them look like idiots". If we get Strife as a hit-and-run pistolero or Fury as whatever the fuck then I am happy.

If it even gets released in the first place.Please.

This better not fuck up on me again, or I'm gonna be pissed.

>>>/cuckchan/

Kek will smite the nonbelievers.

That's a hate symbol actually, ADL said so.

CNN also said it was of White Supremacy. The horror.

Hes still being misused and overused by Facebook, Reddit 1.0/2.0 and 9GAG.
Get your facebook shit out of here, stick to Holla Forums.

"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet."

Revelation 16:13

I got major bug in second one, in like 80% of game and could not finish it

Personally I didnt experience any bugs while playing through the games but after watching one darksiders 2 speedrun its hilarious how broken the game actually is.

I imagine Strife to play like Gunslinger Dante with some TPS elements and Fury as an AoE master as all her attacks are based on rage. Maybe more verticality to the combat with her whip being used to travel around as well.

Wasn't the third game supposed to be a coop with both Fury and Strife?
Or was that just fan speculation.

I think everything about darksiders 3 is fan speculation, I cant remember thq dropping any hints or comments.

I ain't downloading twenty fucking gigs worth of shit maybe another time, another playthrough sounds fun, but I appreciate not only that they gave it to me for free, but gave it to me for free without any effort on my part. Nothing pisses me off like a limited-time offer in the same vein, just give it to me and get it over with. It's really only worth it for the potential controller improvements and improved performance, but I haven't given it a crack to see if those promises were lived up to. The original ran like shit and had horrendous controls, so I'll take what I can get.

Now all they need to do is make a Darksiders 3 and I'll start having some faith.

They said the game was still planned, but that was over a year ago.

Don't quote me on this but apparently Darksiders 2 was supposed to be a direct sequel co-op with all four characters playable online before changing to focus on Death instead. I imagine it was altogether too much work, even if it would result in a badass fucking game. I don't think it will ever happen.

Going by 1 and 2, I'd think 3 and 4 would be solo outings for Strife and Fury and they'd wrap it up with a fifth game with four player co-op and the four horsemen wrecking everything.

What's wrong with you niggers? Are you really that ADHD that you can't continue to shitpost for

That was the plan before THQ died

Pussy.

BUT YOUR EYES CAN'T SEE MORE THAN A CINEMATIC FRAME RATE

Because the four horsemen of the apocolypse are:
War, Death, Famine and Pestilence.

Not War, Death, Strife and Fury.
It's dumb that they changed it.

I dislike it because it signals poor compression and optimization. Technology is progressing faster than the skills of developers nowadays.

The perfect ending of the series would probably be all four horsemen going on a fucking rampage against every angel and demon ever to bring back the souls of the Nephilim before reviving them.

Fuck off THQ Nordic.

Silly goy, if you wanted Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition™ for free, you should have bought the DLC for the original release!

Id rather create/mutate new ones
Pepe and Wojak are dead, let go.

God damnit user now that depressed me.

Now I really want to know what Project Crawler was.
Also, is he talking about THQN not rehiring him, or is this in relation to the THQ dissolution?

smh tbqh famalam

lrn2relgon

Considering the only combat you have for the other 2(3) Horsemen:
Famine - Starves the enemy of energy/life.whatever. No gameplay at all.
Pestilence - Locusts, locusts everywhere. Also kills your wheat crops.
Conquest - Just War, but wins 100% of the time.

Also, if your problem with a game that involves magical time travelling demons and mystical angels that fly about with laser cannons, is that they changed the names of the 4 Riders, maybe you need to reconsider your posting.

Anyways, Darksiders isn't a Biblical game, it's about a giant magic tree that connects different worlds, and merely has elements within it that exist in the Bible.

That's from back when THQ died and they auction off their IPs, nobody bought Darksiders then and it was just left to rot.

I think THQN hired Vigil staff when they bought Darksiders, so here's hoping Ben is working on it. He seems to enjoy his work.

You're defending Skyrim. Even if you like TES, Skyrim was a slap in that whole series' face.

I'm sorry to drop this news on you. According to LinkedIn Ben Cureton has been working for Riot games(League of Legends) for over 15 months now.

So is the duology worth ten bucks? I pirated both and I'm on the fence.
Before you ask, the reason I'm considering buying them is because none of the pirated copies are up to date and I'd rather have a functional game.

Played the first one, it was boring. There was nothing wrong with it, but it didn't do anything special either, it felt like a more adventure-ey god of war.

i wouldn't know, got it for fucking FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I haven't logged in to steam in months, maybe I will for this sometime this week. I loved the first game, couldn't be bothered to finish the second.

On GoG too. The same for the second game.

REMINDER

Oh so it's free for everyone then

Jesus christ you race traitor weeaboos are pathetic.

4eda60
Fuck off back to reddit or cuckchan, underage

Granted the west still has good devs, but the japs have smaller pubs and get their games greenlit.

I quit the original after swinging the sword twice.

90% of the games of the year have the game of the year
the other 90% came after the game of the year awards were sent out since shills journos hand those out on the first month of the year they're juding the games of

could be interesting japs have a hardon for christianity mythos

Star Fox Zero, Legend of Korra, TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan, and Transformers: Devestation were all shit though. And Scalebound looks like more shit.

what is wrong with you platinumfags? I really don't understand you people. Yeah, Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 were fun, and maybe the Nier game will be, but man. you fucks confuse the shit out of me.

Fuck, this actually makes me angry.

You mean the same guys that gave Titan Quest Remaster for free if you owned the original? yeah they are pretty cool

Great googly moogly! Thanks for the heads up.

I really hope they can deliver on the games they are publishing right now.
Spellforce 3 and Aquanox 3 better be good

Not to anywhere near the degree Oblivion was. Design wise, perhaps, though the core of 'do thing to level up thing' was still very much present.

The world and design of Oblivion, how it turned a unique setting into generic tolkien fantasy land, with green trees and verdant hills that all looked and felt the exact fucking same when it should have been a setting about Fantasy romans in a massive fucking jungle, was such a massive turd that it was almost impossible to be even worse.

Skyrim, however, took a massive step in the right direction with it's world/lore/art design, and complain all you want about how shallow it is, the open world exploration aspect is pretty on point.

Anyway, Darksiders one was pretty good as a LoZ/God of War game, I never got around to two but I saw it was on sale and picked it up today. If it's got shit optmization or whatever I'll refund it I guess, I hear it's got more RPG elements, which is cool with me.

Didn't think I'd see it here.

Nigger siders is a shit franchise
die, shill

SHILLS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>implying I have to be a anime connoisseur weeb to enjoy superior Nippon good Japanese games
>being this much of a baka gaijin redditor

They would most likely put the B team guys in charge of making a DS sequel like what they did for Bayo 2 and Nier 2 since unlike those shit cash in games you mentioned they would actually give a shit about the game.

So is it just a HD texture and resolution remaster or is there some new content?

That's pretty annoying but I guess it's because of the 4K shit. They re-rerendered the cutscene so that probably took a big dump on the install size. I kind of appreciate they did that though.

Cutscenes, that it.

Just fuck my shit up.

Beast please.

i didn't get the deathinitive edition for free despite already owning darksiders 2 tho. it's great that they're being good sports about this but fuck 'em selling 2 for half price a month before the remastered edition that then sells for the same money a month later is a dick move.

however, it's true that the original port was so trash it was pretty much unplayable and this was kind of necessary. still a dick move with the second game.

With the Diablo loot mechanics, I could see it having originally been a 4-player deal. I'm kinda surprised they didn't do it already, but I guess Darksiders 2 did come out when THQ was rolling around to be belly up so.

Well if it was a 4-player Famine could be debuffs and poison and Pestilence could be summoning stuff. But having Angry Whip Girl and Desperado horsemen would probably be more attractive to play as.

Well you get Legend of Zelda with DMC mixed in and Diablo with DMC mixed in. And it's all wrapped up in pretty a semi-biblical wraper. You could spend 10 on a lot worse stuff.

that just means platinum are retards then and are fine with making themselves look like it by hiring retards to make shit games. What quality you got there.

Oops, I meant to reply to and not

Considering that Virgil games went under and it would be impossible to bring the team back now, Platinum is the best chance this series could get.
It would need a proper budget though, none of that Korra / Transformers middle-sized production stuff.

Not true. The star talent is working at airshipsyn

Honestly I haven't looked into the new studio's crew, only know that the co-founders / directors are the same as Vigil's (Madureira and Adams)
The combat designer of DS2 is working in Riot games now, and the combat in DS2 was the most spectacular thing. I'm worried they might have trouble making it decent in DS3

fuck you.

thanks for correcting the record

how about i devastate your loli ass?