Since Sony dropped out of the Handheld market in favor of iOS rip off games like Pokemon Go...

Since Sony dropped out of the Handheld market in favor of iOS rip off games like Pokemon Go. Does Holla Forums think that a company that has been making games cheaply and relying on the mobile aspect of the Japanese market will Nintendo Switch their games from the Vita to Nintendo Switch.

Oh and how does Holla Forums think these smaller developers can put smaller games on the switch while still keeping the general market attracted to these smaller projects?

gamings dead m8

even now there is hope in man

Nintendo isn't dropping their next handheld until 2018. So if developers are going to be converging to Nintendo, then we'll be hearing about dev kits being sent out in 2017. I hope they are impressed enough to want to make their games with Nintendo.

here's the thing though, Nintendo said the same thing with the Gameboy brand. Yet we've never seen a new Gameboy since 2001. I think it's safe to say that this is the replacement for both the 3DS and WiiU, but we'll see in due time.

That d-pad sucks so much. I really hate the design of this controll. Nintendo hasn't made a decent controller since the gamecube.

Holla Forums here
I don't think

Its not dead, but I think we are indeed entering "The gaming dark ages" and we might be stuck in this era for a long, long time, perhaps even decades. When the dark ages started is a matter of debate, some believe it started as early as 2006/2007 when the Wii and the PS3 came out and kickstarted the 7th console generation. I don' think it started any earlier than that but I'd put the date closer to around 2011 when the 3DS first came out and mobile games were just beginning to outsell console games (albeit at an extremely reduced profit do to mobile games costing only 99 cents)

Apparently that's already happened with one of the big Vita Devs moving a PS4 title to the Switch, not just releasing on both but moving it over entirely. if the Switch is a success than the Vita devs will absolutely flock to it.

Ignore this guy, if it's a success Nintendo will only make one system going forward.

The Switch Pro Controller is similar to the GC controller, minus the directional keying and the large a button, it looks like a good standard controller and if it has a gyro and a long battery life it will easily be my favourite controller for the current gen.

I think you're seeing only the bad on porpoise.

I really want to see the game lineup for March. I'm really interested in buying this however I'd like to know what games would be available besides Mario, Kart and Zelda

"The dark ages" does not mean that every game released will be bad.

But there is no doubt a major creative slump in the industry right now

I want you to compare the decade in gaming between 2006 to 2016 with the decade between 1995 to 2005. There is a major difference. The largest difference is that all the most critically acclaimed video games of all time came out within the decade of 1995 to 2005. Ocarina of Time, San Andreas, Half-Life 1 and 2.etc It was the transition era between 2D to 3D so it forced developers to experiment and try new things. Today is not even comparable. The creative slump is very obvious and real. We are entering in a dark ages. Not indifferent from say, the animation Dark ages from the 1960 when Walt Disney died to the late 1980s to early 1990s when Who Framed Rodger Rabbit forced Disney and Warner Bros to make cartoons again for the first time in decades to overthrow Hannah Barberra

Who doesn't, Nintendo have been easing off releases on the 3ds and WiiU for the past year and a half, they better have something good or they will kill what looks like their best system both in terms of hardware and just the main system gimmick since the GC in it's first year. rumor's say The Switche's lineup is looking very good, if they are true it will be the best of all the systems within it's first year, I hope they port some upcoming 3ds titles too, I want to play Ever Oasis on the Switch, it's made by the lead developer of the Mana series.

I don't much care for Critically acclaimed, but yeah I get it and there is a definite down turn for quality games, but If this is considered a Dark age I'm not too worried, the best 2d Platformer came out during this age, the best 3d Platformer came out during this age, my favourite action game came out during this age my favourite RPG came out during this age, Still lots of good games, and these Dark Ages won't last forever.

I prefer the Disney Renaissance to every other Disney Film except Pinocchio anyway.

I find it ironic that the guy who drew that also draws hyper scat

Bullshit
Even Fantasia or Dumbo?

Dumbo's pretty good, I always forget it because Dumbo was pretty meek but I don't care for Fantasia, it's good animation but I don't care for it.

Not sure about that but it sure looks comfy.

So whats with that button to the left of to the home menu one?

The Switch itself also has one as well.

The handgrips look similar, same stick layout as per the GC standard rather than the WiiU's stick layout, it lacks the big a button which I prefer and it doesn't have the keyed control sticks. I'd rather buy one of those 2nd party Faux GC pads for WiiU but for some retarded reason they plugged into the Wii-mote instead of say a USB port like any sane person would design it to do, if it plugged into a USB port I'd probably own 4 of them.

Probably a Social media button. Fuck me.

This is the handheld you fucking idiot.

Are you retarded?

I'm still wondering how this one will cater to fighting games and does it have a usb port for fight sticks or 3rd party controllers

This. The Game Cube controller d-pad is worse than the Xbox 360 controller's d-pad.

There are multiple reasons why video games are shit. Image 1, image 2, people like image 3, and fangoyim in webm 4.

When standards don't go up, they go down.

the D-pad on the gamecube was so bad the Capcom Vs Snk 2 release had an easy move option.

Getting real sick of this entitled attitude.

Who are you to say what is or isn't a good game?

Game sales have never been higher, thus the market clearly bears out the fact that games themselves have never been better. It's Economics 101.

Professional Journalists, whose job it is to critique games have been handing out higher and higher scores on average for AAA games, because AAA games have been steadily improving. Are you saying that you're more qualified than people PAID to critique games? Give me a freaking break.

Look, I get it, all of those games you played as a kid were really good FOR THEIR TIME.

But let's be frank here, they aged like crap and are unplayable today without being filtered through a nostalgia lens.

If anything, pre-2006 was the "dark age" of gaming.

It's time to let go of the past and embrace the future.

I haven't used the switch's d-pad, so I don't know how well it feels, but it looks like it will be shit. I never said that the gamecube's controller was amazing, or praised its shitty d-pad. I said that Nintendo hasn't had a decent controller since the gamecube. Decent doesn't mean fucking perfect.

The switch's controller looks like shit. The d-pad, the right stick being directly below the buttons looks awkward, the awkward shitty box shape of the controller.

It looks like shit, and I can imagine sticking a that large screen in between won't help the feel of the thing at all. It looks just like another retarded gimmick dud. What is so fucking hard about making a gaming controller for Nintendo? It is nothing but stupid fucking gimmicks pretending to innovate when all they really do is limit the games with shitty controls.

That's real neato, Reddit, but you have to go back.

Oldfag here. I remember how I was happy with gaming becoming bigger than the movie industry in the early 2000s.

I DIDN'T KNOW

Sometimes I just want to go back to the 90s when videogames were for nerds and the socially awkward. Back to the basement.

Which reminds me: one of the things that hurt old school gaming is multiplayer and social media.

Take Steam: it's not a store. It is videogame Facebook.

Hahahahah.

Activision Blizzard makes more in a MONTH from their King mobile division than Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 have sold to date. They can churn out games with development costs in the low thousands and have 100+ million players.

Gaming isn't "dead", it's more alive than ever.

You mean as a corpse puppet

no one thinks it's "dead". That's the problem: it deserves to be. But instead it lives on and grows as a perversion of its formal self. The more it grows, the more original fans are passed over and turned away.

While gaming is still not in a great place, it is in a far better place than it was a few years ago. Games like Divinity: OS and Wasteland 2 were pretty fun and have brought back the CRPG genre from death. In addition, traditional gaming media has lost a lot of its power in favor of new media like Twitch. This doesnt even include shit like all the failed AAA games of this year.

A large scale reestructuring of the industry is necessary for that to happen, so in the near future, we're fucked. Games will continue to get shallower and shallower while moving millions of copies. Probably in a decade or so, some AA/indie game will be a gamechanger and bring about another golden age, but for now, it's Captain Bland's Monotonous Adventure for the next few years.
I feel like we're in Dark Souls, just on the edge of the end of the world.

Then the best thing would be to support the indie gaming scene to help to support that.

What will actually take down the "zombie" game industry and cause a reset is the next financial bubble bursting. It'll do the same to other zombified forms of media too. Basically normalfags need their disposable income dried up then all these over bloated industries will collapse.

Which dev was this?

T. Fucking GaymerGays

The only thing I hate about the controls is that the face buttons and analog sticks are directly aligned with each other instead of angled apart like they are in other gamepads. I know why they did it but it looks like it's going to be uncomfortable to use.

Well you can judge everything on how much money it makes. The Harry Potter movies made more money than the Godfather trilogy.

Personally I no longer pay attention to the mainstream gaming industry and just do my own thing.

Very much true. There is an entire world of videogames away from the triple A trash.

Sup reddit. Nice rage comic faces.

I hope the wii u pro controller goes down in price after the switch comes out. I want to snag one

probably won't, but who knows.

The Switch is the handheld if it does well and the DS/3d brand will be gone

If it does poorly we'll see the next iteration of the 3ds forumal, or perhaps something else

Youre right they did hedge their bets before and say the Gameboy line was not dead, this was a just in case scenario incase people though a 2 screen system was dumb and they had something to fallback on.

I wish I saved that chart somewhere but we're more in the Nu-Age.

Fuck off

Saved.

I think was more about the music, and creating a story to it, rather than the animation.

You know what else is dead?
You
And me
All of us
This is hell, you don't know because true suffering only happens when your memory is wiped out and you're only left to wonder why all of this happens to you

The 2 screen system was dumb, but nintendrones bought it anyway.

EVERYBODY bought it, because there was zero fucking competition.

I would think hell would have more faggots than it does now

I think it's a nice idea
same with flip phones

I like it. a big issue on mobile consoles is screen real estate. Even if you don't develop a game around it there's always an use for putting something somewhere else

This reminds me. What happened to the PSP thread on Holla Forums? I want more PSP. It's the most beautiful handheld that has ever existed. Ever.

Just make one then user

Two screens lets you look over at the bottom/top one real quick for information and otherwise unclutter the play area, or allow for one "large" screen like what Yoshi's Island DS tried to do. Done right it's a pretty cool idea.

Make one if there's not one.

The PSP/DS days were full of nice games
The 3DS and PSVita are getting there thanks to piracy and backwards compatibility

If the Switch is region free, I'll get one EXACTLY for this reason. The reason the Vita is so popular in Japan right now is two-fold; since it's less powerful, it lends itself well to lower budget games, and handhelds overall are just a lot more popular over there. I've got something like 40 physical Vita games (and growing) this generation, so it goes without saying that I really fucking love the system, but my biggest worry had been about what would "replace" it. If the Switch turns out to be a success, that's honestly the best case scenario.