Why does NuDoom seem to attract a legion of NuMales to defend it (even though they don't play it or like it)?

Why does NuDoom seem to attract a legion of NuMales to defend it (even though they don't play it or like it)?

Is it a NuGame for NuMales?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/art
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/art
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck. That guy got my dick hard.
he has the potential to be a /cuteboy/

I want to cum inside his nose.

I still don't get the obscene hatred for it. Most of you Fuck will defend an objectively broken sack of admittedly glorious shit like Deadly Premonition or God Hand, overlooking the problems they have, but will just shit all over nuDoom when it's a fairly solid fast paved FPS.

Zenimax Doom is a cynical cashgrab on par with Strafe and Superhot, directed by soulless suits with a good understanding of the kind of shallow appeal that is that of people to whom the world is as shallow as "obscene hatred" versus "defense".

No, it's a fairy mindless and monotonous shooter with bog-standard level design that encourages you to constantly circle-strafe without thought around a limited number of dumb bullet sponges that are either sprinkled around hallways or constantly spawning within some rumble rooms between them.

The nose knows

You're probably being baited by trolls.

Everyone agrees those games have problems. Not an argument.

I'm glad D44M is your introduction to FPS games, now maybe you'll play something like Doom 2, Quake, or Unreal Tournament '99 and see why NuDoom is basically the off-brand normalfag variant of "classic" FPSes

The fuck are you on about? nuMales abhor violence, even fictional. Same goes with heterosexual lust.

Hmmm sounds strangely familiar

Brodude cousin can't stop talking about how good nudoom is. Talks me into buying a copy, which I finally did several months later at a deep discount. Play it on normal. Beat it easily. Don't bother going back to play hard mode. Uninstall it. Casually mention it next time we go out for drinks.

I tried to make him feel better by saying that playing it with a controller (he as the Xbone version) is 10x harder, so it was like playing on super hard mode for him, but the truth is he's been ruined by shit like Halo and Gears of War. Even a mediocre "twitch" shooter kicks his ass.

I know what you're implying, and no, it doesn't.

Where I saw that numale before? He looks jewish.

Just played through this shit, first run on the difficulty one up from normal and there's no depth and no difficulty to this game.

But you should give him some leeway because the first bit with only a shotgun against imps is ass because you move way too slow and the melee is broken; which is really one of the biggest issues among a lot of other things

Borderlands?

I don't even like God Hand, but I can see why it's a great game for people who like the genre. Whereas I love classic Doom and fast FPS, and nuDoom fails at providing a great experience in that space.

You can't expect people who want gameplay beyond "walk forward in linear corridors and fight in locked arenas" to cheer for the co-option of the genre. Crowds think in binary terms, so if the opposite of COD is nuDoom (despite being only one step higher on the ladder), we're fucked.

How does your cousin suck at a Halo clone? Is he one of those idiots that still stick to the AR instead of mastering the pistol, BR and Sniper?

Isn't this the same guy?

I haven't even played NuDoom and even I know that's retarded.

this never happened, bad thread, sage and hide

Does it?
I've only seen normalfags defend it.
Pic unrelated

Don't forget Unreal without the Tournament.

The nose knows.

Doom 4 would've been a lot better had it been 3-4 levels longer. By the end of the game when it's throwing every type of demon at you and you have your full arsenal, the runes that speed up glory kills and give you speed boosts for doing them is when the game shines the most. SnapMap should be the answer, but it uses the slow awful Multiplayer physics and is painfully restrictive. Even having Haste on in multiplayer barely brings you up to the single player speed. If SnapMap let you use the single player physics I would have less of a problem with it. Or hell, forget SnapMap and release proper mapping/scripting tools and let people go full 1993 on the game. There's the Arcade Mode they added recently, but it's on the same levels you already played. Though I'm a sucker for score attack sort of modes, I want more campaign levels. More maps, demons, weapons.

The single player is fine and the only good part of the game; Bethesda fucked up hard with the multiplayer beta and all of their advertising. There is absolutely no reason the multiplayer should handle differently from the single player when the single player works just fine.

And the OST would've been loads better had it used more of that Meshuggah influence.

Pretty much. He could never get through Halo on any difficulty over normal, and used to have me come over to play splitscreen so he could get the achievements for Legendary. As bad as the games could be, local co-op was at least still pretty fun. Plus, I'm shit at shooters, so being the guy who always pulls through to the next respawn made me feel fucking heroic.

And when he got online, he had a friend who was actually decent that would could win team deathmatches solo - so he never really had to put in much effort to getting better so long as he had his booster.

Oh so I grabbed this game on sale the other day.

It really is slow as fuck.
Like I thought you nigs were just kind of being your typical selves and being retarded as all hell but no.
It plays very slow not at all what I was expecting.

Online is fun though.
I mean on the one hand it's not a bad game, it does what it is meant to and the brutality is fun enough. It's not a twitch shooter by anymeans.

At least it isn't Haze/10

Circle strafing in former Doom games was never as thoughtless as it is in DooT. In former Dooms the zombies and other hitscan enemies made movement more restrictive as they threatened more immediate space than the projectile firing enemies or melee enemies that could be avoid by just constantly moving. DooT has little enemies that with that kind of ability making movement far more free and nonrestrictive, and thus far easier. It also doesn't help that verticality in level design has practically no effect on you while it cripples several different enemies that either can't give chase or are too slow to be effective.

I found the old one slower than the 2016 one.

This is a genuine problem, the enemy behaviour and placing is such a clusterfuck that I found myself doing the following in the final hell level:
1. Just run around a pillar until a decent size horde has gathered to chase you.
2. blast BFG to the middle of the horde

Wtf? Why didn't you bully him for being shit? It helps making fat people skinny, so it should do the same for vidya. I couldn't even die on easy. I only died on the hardest difficulty mode, and that was usually by accidental suicides.

Is that referencing something or did somebody just want to make an image of Doomguy and a Baron of Hell in a pool together?

I suppose NuDoom is edgy-but-not-too-edgy so naturally it attracts faggots. Kinda like Metalcore.

It does.

The fuck you talking about bait?
Unreal 2 may have been shit but the first Unreal (minus the expansion) was a masterpiece.

Its a massively better shooter than Doom 3 in both level and enemy design.
Beyond that, I don't remember any great new weapons from it(even Doom 2 gave us Super shotty) and I barely remember the levels from it.

That's pure NuMale.

The games you mentioned either have a flawed execution but a solid core, or are weak in every aspect but are strong as a whole.

Neither can be said for nuDoom, which relies solely on gameplay and has no story/atmosphere/music/details to rely on, whose execution is largely repetitive (rarely are enemies manually placed in formations which could provide an unique challenge, the only level I can vividly remember is the four Mancubi being placed on seperate platforms in a square formation, but that was only a reference to Dead Simple) and the core gameplay falls short due to either the lack of meaningful level design providing unique challenges and enemy layouts, or the lack of a meaningful AI where the enemies do not cooperate, move around randomly at best, and don't force you out of your eternal circlestrafe combat loop which killed this fucking game for me.

Do you know what Unreal Gold and Descent 1 + 2 did? On harder difficulties, the enemies could actually lead their shots and force you to move around unpredictably, on top of the enemies being able to dodge your shots too. Combine this with levels restricting your movement, and you have something engaging, as there is no easy-to-pull-off dominant strategy present, let alone one which constitutes how the developers want you to play the game in the first place. The bosses in nuDoom (albeit too easy in difficulty) are much more interesting due to the fact you can't dodge their shots by simply circlestrafing. On higher difficulties of nuDoom, the projectile speed is merely increased, as you're expected to circlestrafe harder. With levels restricting your possibility to circlestrafe and/or AI preventing you from continuously circlestrafing, this game would have been much better off.

Eat shit

Yeah, using higher ground made enemies pretty damn easy to exploit. Really only flying enemies could give chase but they were really simple enough to dispatch. The lack of serious numbers of enemies outside of the larger arenas also made this easier. The only time you'd find yourself in trouble was if an enemy spawned right next to forcing you to move down.

I didn't know it was possible to have such a huge nose.

Just imagine with living with a schnoz like that. Every face to face interaction being dominated by the other party thinking "that's a really fucking big nose." No matter what you say or do, that's your first impression. Forced to go through life playing second fiddle to a nose so large it probably breaks airline carry-on size limits.

This is the type of non-thread that is clearly people just reaching to be the cool edgy Holla Forumstard anti-sjw gamer or whatever the fuck else they believe themselves and this board to be about.

nuDoom is a game that is going in the right direction in terms of reviving shooters and getting them out of the rut of cover-shooter and pulling away from an audience that wants to pretend to be in the military so they want COD to be as realistic as possible but would never touch ARMA.

That said, I did enjoy it likely because its the first modern non-cover shooter i've played in a long fucking time and it is a shooter that rewards aggressive playstyles. Haven't seen that in AAA in a long time.
Now, I do have to wonder about the claims of the game being too easy on here because taking two hits from an Imp when you're on the highest difficulty setting will kill you and those things can spawn out of fucking nowhere in the middle of a fight.

Also all the bullshit claims of MUH ENEMY ON SCREEN COUNT. Its something you'll have to deal with in all modern graphics games. The way they get around this is by removing the enemy bodies and respawning new ones..basically re-purposing the polygon draw.
Yeah that's right…if you ever wondered why enemy bodies have been simply dissolving lately it is because of that exact reason, they need to free up the memory.

I don't understand this meme. I mean, it does something different from the originals. It's like a mix of Half-Life and Survival Horror. It's executed quite well and is fun to play. Why do people not like it? Especially people who have played doom4.

This thread is shit and everyone contributing to it is a faggot.

I'm fucking sick of hearing this argument

I don't get why this thread wasn't hotpocketed already.

that's the argument that doom4 defenders use.

DooM 3 is a great game even if you're an original DooM fan.

FTFY

does nobody play older games in the mean time? Is everyone that starved for new sparkly things to play?

To me the game rewarded me with bonus health for playing these kind of games how I usually play them. It only rewards you for NOT playing nuDoom as your usual cover shooter, which is one helluva low entry barrier especially considering the present skill ceiling isn't all that high either. It might seem like a genius thing to do if you haven't played any shooters before 2005, or even any game with a proper scoring system to begin with. (I hear DOOM has an Arcade Mode now, though I haven't tried it out nor do I want to download and unpack 70GB again to find out)

randomly spawning instakills on a difficulty which turns up enemy damage to a ridiculous amount, sounds fun

A) No, I won't accept games not being able to render as much enemies as 2001 games despite the current technological advancements
B) Serious Sam 3 would like to have a word with you

goddamn, the first thing you do try to point out your personal boogeyman

They wouldn't need to do that in the first place had the game been designed with some complexity in mind. In the end it comes down to the retards choosing graphics over gameplay.

We, over here in Holla Forums, openly hate each other and everyone else, and the existance of itself, with no need for any justification or confirmation from each other. As such this is not safespace and we do not, just cannot have "boogeymen" since it requires concesus of a hugbox.

Except sjws, by Jove fuck sjws, their games and sjw bitching about other variants of sjws.

Considering the majority of thread is just about criticizing DooT and not really about the OP statement.
I'd say it rewards them far too much - in fact just mindlessly running and gunning is hilariously effective.
That's not difficulty, that's just poor enemy placement brought about by randomness.
That's not even excuse for weaker enemy limit, that's just saying devs haven't learned to properly deal with higher graphical fidelity.

I'm going to call bullshit on that considering it, like DooT, is a somehow simpler game that shares very little in common with the original Dooms beyond superficial details. In fact, both games are also similar in the fact that they're designed as reboots, but DooT is just more honest about that endeavor. People similarly pretty upset at Doom 3 for that reason too.

Well i've been playing games for like 25 of my 30 years on this planet and going back to old shit that I have played before feels redundant.
Yes, I would like some new sparkly fucking things to play because i've already played a shit ton of the old stuff.
You also clearly don't know what modern graphics does to the modern tech. I suppose some extra care could be taken to try to optimize shit but to be rather honest with you, there are a multitude of factors that are making that difficult and there is no clear way around it for games that require the budgets they do to be made.
I mean, I suppose we could all just stick to 2008 levels of graphics on the current tech to get the 3 bazillion monsters on screen that you crave…buuuutttttt like this guy here: Seems to not realize..that in the real world games have always been about pushing graphics.
The MUH GRAPHICS DONT MATTER argument ONLY started to come up when Nintendo decided to drop the ball in that graphics race with the Wii and at the same time MUH RETRO was starting to get a foothold.

Nobody gave a shit about graphics until "SEGA DO WHAT NINTENDONT". You've been gaming for a long time, you should know better.

Oh the Sega that gave Nintendo competition and provided consumers with a graphically superior system to the Nintendo's 8-bit system they would have ridden on forever if they could have without competition?

If what you said was true, people would have never bothered to buy a Sega in the first place and Nintendo would have never decided to put out new consoles with more graphical power.
Nor would PC.
Oh, but what has one of the staples of the merits of PC gaming always been? Oh..BETTER GRAPHICS AND FRAME RATES (which are part of graphical power).

Stop with your hipster lies.

You still haven't finished Marathon, Descent, Powerslave, Quake 1, Blood, or Unreal 1, just to name some.

another is to not use a polygon-eating photorealistic artstyle/not deal with hundred enemies at a time by designing tighter levels, AKA WHAT DESCENT DID IN 1995 TO RENDER A TRUE 3D SPACE WHERE YOU COULD MOVE IN ANY DIRECTION WITH A RELATIVELY SMOOTH FRAMERATE

the rise in technical quality of graphics has stagnated since Crysis in 2007 only to briefly come up as an argument for the power of the PS4 and Xbone before most people stopped caring. It's crappier-looking (from a technical standpoint) games like Overwatch, CS:GO, and LoL which get played the most nowadays, as most people really have stopped caring about muh graphix.

The technical quality of graphics adds nothing to a game (with the exception of games whose gameplay relies on finer details such as L.A. Noire, albeit those are a rarity) other than being a marketing gimmick, one which no longer applies today. Pacman doesn't get better with higher quality sprites, Mario doesn't get better with higher quality sprites, Quake doesn't get better with higher quality models, and nuDoom doesn't get any better with higher quality models. nuDoom just looks shinier, even though it could use a proper overhaul in its use of colors. Of course, I bet that notion would fly over your head because the tired argument of MUH GRAPHIX is the only thing you could latch on instead of discussing aspects of nuDoom's game design itself considering they barely do anything like that in r/The_Donald, don't they?

Of the most successful games of all time, very few would have been considered graphical powerhouses. You needn't look far for examples.
The "graphics don't matter" argument propped up because game companies were prioritizing graphical fidelity over graphical performance, which was the true edge the Genesis had over the NES and even the SNES to a degree. It's also what PC has had over years due to the focus on faster central processors units rather than higher power graphical processors.

My bad, I thought you placed Unreal at the level of Deadly Premonition. I should read the rest of that post instead of skimming over it:

Faggotry aside, you're still full of shit. Polycount isn't nearly as big of an issue nowadays: drawcalls are, and techniques like instancing and using AZDO extensions are designed around reducing drawcalls and CPU overhead. It is very possible to create games with fucktons of onscreen enemies and corpses these days, you just need to plan out your engine architecture accordingly and not use naive or overengineered solutions to problems that can are best dealt with through better data structures and less forced OOP.

Actually the technical quality of graphics relates to the power of the machine to be able to do more things at any given time and do them smoothly.
Its not all just textures and polygons. Particle effects, shadow effects, lighting/reflection, all sorts of other little nuanced things that you would like to say were in those games in 2007 but they really really were not.

I do agree that you don't need a photorealistic style to have a game look good you just need a very consistent one. But to say that isn't helped by the march forward of technology is just plainly ignorant.
Even with a cartoony looking game like Overwatch or lets go old to Wind Waker there are a multitude of other subtleties that are then freed up by not rendering every single hair follicle.

Likewise, the graphical style of the game does have to fit the tone and nature of the game being played. Having doom look like an over-watch style cartoon would have made people reject it on a visual level alone. You don't do horror in cartoony style unless you're doing some hipster irony.

Ok, but were they contemporaries in graphical power within the era they were designed? For the platform they were made for?

You're forgetting the bigger problem which is that you got to ship these games out to every single platform under the sun.
Don't get twisted, i'm not making an excuse here but it is the reality of the situation.
While video game players can enjoy that they'll be able to get the same games regardless of platform they decide to choose for about 95% of the titles, the downside has been that you are going to have to design your game to work cleanly with all platforms and specifically with the weakest of the platform you're porting to.
I don't think I need to point out the results of that in any great detail, we've all seen what's happened and what continues to happen with a majority of multi-platofrmed games.
Gone are the days when you'll see something truly amazing being squeezed out of a console.

my point was that technical graphical quality and technical power are two entirely different things
rather than use the increased power at their disposal to do greater things a C64 could never handle, it's mainly used for graphical benefits rather than gameplay benefits

See: F.E.A.R.

Doom 1 did the same thing, yet people are calling it the best FPS of all time

Are graphics the only thing you can talk about? That's quite frankly pathetic.

DOOM IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A HORROR GAME.

Doom 3 being the only exception.

That's less of an issue than you imply. The current console generation (excluding the Wii U and portables) runs on the same x86_64 architecture as home computers using modified versions of the same hardware, yet cross-platform games routinely run worse on all platforms than in in the past despite having similar hardware (in terms of hardware architecture, not specs or software architecture).

I hated how the audidesign focused on being noisy to the extend that you couldn't hear the gameplay-relevant noises. I commonly died because you can't hear if a bunch of imps, knights or barons spawn behind you and start spamming fire or themselves at you. It's amazing how much better the old Doom is just for the fact that the enemies make a clear, distinguishable sound every time they see you.

Why would you need a special reason to bath with best demon husbando?

Doom was designed to have a horror atmosphere. And sure as fuck is still scarier than Amnesia or SOMA.

It was designed to have horror elements, but it being focused on horror went out the window with the Doom bible.

Doom 1 had the gritty gore it could have without simply making sprites out of literal pictures. There is a relativism when it comes to graphics and the times in which these games were made.
And no, graphics are not the only thing I can talk about but I think this idea that graphics are unimportant to a game's design is a rather stupid and quite frankly hipster notion.

I didn't say Doom was a horror game but perhaps I should have been more specific in my example. Doom is indeed an action game..a shooter..but it has horror elements such as nasty monsters and gore. Those things don't make horror in itself but compare the likes of Doom to the likes of Halo and you should see what I mean. Same sorts of action shooter concepts on a base level but the graphical/stylistic execution is different.

So is it better or worse than I make it out to be because you just did some political double-speak there which made it seem like a worse problem than I stated because now you just have a lazy do-it-all engine that is even LAZIER.

On a bit of a tangential note, I would like to add that there is something a bit deeper happening that is causing certain games the need to push that graphical realism envelope even at the expense of other things for the sake of having their visual styles taken seriously.
When it comes right down to it, modern developers really have to contend with the "uncanny Valley" more than ever when they're trying to make games up to the graphical par for the modern era.
I like to best take the example of the graphical styles of RE2 vs a modern day RE game.

RE2 (or any RE from the original 3) is graphically abhorrent and lazy by today's standards. It has pre-rendered backgrounds that are static, blocky low-poly characters and items and blood/gore effects where you can clearly see the pixelation and really nothing much to say about texturing. However, being this blatantly fake/unreal allows people to be drawn completely in and allows their imaginations to somewhat fill in the blanks and smooth over the rough edges and gets them visually invested to allow them to react in ways intended by the images and sounds being put on screen.
Contrast that the most modern RE games. Graphical fidelity is great, textures are great, gore and blood effects look realistic, backgrounds are rendered real time and are not entirely static, etc etc…but the problem here is that it looks TOO real so that you spot the fakeness on a subconscious level. That "Uncanny Valley" kicks in even when it comes to the horrible monsters and the blood and gore and you are never allowed to be fully drawn into it because you are never fully able, just by a glance, to simply consciously acknowledge how unreal it all is.
But now the problem is that as game designers their only way to combat this seems to be going forward and trying to push it to look more and more real. This is STARTING to work mainly on people who grew up and are growing up in a more modern era of graphics but its not entirely sinking in with the older crowd yet..at least I don't think so.

On another note still, I think the graphical realness is probably the reason for the big jump in OMG GAMES ARE TOO SEXY. Basically all these failed journalists turned GAME JOURNALIST AND BLOGGER who is SO TOTALLY NERDY! end up getting boners to these fake women and they have to lash out against it because they want to let everyone know they couldn't possibly be attracted to fake girls but those nasty basement dwelling MISOGYNISTS totally would be!

yes, it does

the artstyle IS important, it's what nuDoom could have done better by not displaying colors outside the usual teal-orange-red-black palette through burning lights which destroy my eyes
however, the overall quality of the models rather than animation quality is really not that important
Half-Life 2 and VtMB still look quite good thanks to the facial animations, despite their models being outdated as fuck by current year standards. Even PS1 games like Vagrant Story and Parasite Eve look quite good due to good use of artstyles and animation

in first-person shooters, graphics are important foremost to discern enemies from the background, and what kind of enemy they are
as games before 2000 showed us, you don't need high poly counts to do that
good use of colors, silhouettes and animations will accomplish that, not implementing details invisible from longer distances

do not sexualize the barons
they are not for the sexual

Yeah it's a lot less lazy to just throw a snow filter over an empty 3d landscape like RE6 did.

All zenimax games are for numales.

It makes multiplatform development much easier than it was in the past, the point is that even with such similar target platforms on the developers' side they're still fucking up their software's performance badly for the most part.

Ok so my point still stands, multiplatform development is in part to blame for certain limitations seen on the likes of PC and perhaps from console to console.
Because there is no incentive to squeeze any one platform due to sales never being enough on any one platform to make someone care.
At the same time, of course they're going to make an engine that can be one size fits all but the thing about those is that they're going to be horrible and not optimized for any one platform because they really CANT be.
Because yeah, your processor's architecture from Xbone, to PS4, to PC are the same…but FUCK ME your graphics cards capabilities aren't. Your clockspeeds aren't. Your amount of CPU cores you can take advantage of aren't. Your processor cache spaces and your ram sure as hell aren't going to be the same between the three platforms either.
So could Doom 4 actually have more enemies on screen at any given time on PC? Potentially yes…but there is a consistency that has to be adhered to and so they put in the same limitations that work for the consoles.

If someone today were to produce a game on the graphical level of RE2 they would definitely look lazy. Especially if it were a big studio.
Do yourself a favor sometime and go play a PS1 game and watch the end credits. Then go play a modern game and watch the end credits.
In today's studios there are as many people working in graphics departments alone as there were working in ALL departments of the games from the PS1 era.
And also come to the realization that spitting out a PS1 graphical level game can be done in a couple of weeks by a single person these days.

Can't say I disagree but I didn't have a hard time discerning what my enemies were in Doom 4.

nuDoom is fun

Where's your proof that this even happens? Screencaps? Videos? Anything?

LEL
That game isn't even out yet. It's been nearly 2 years since they started it. Kickshitter went live January 20, 2015.

you just posted proof so there's that.

What the fuck is a VCR?

No fucking way…

Vibrating Cock in Rectum.
It's when somebody places a vibrator in your rear and then jerks you off.

I'm sorry to inform you that you have incredibly poor taste in video games. I refer to your statement, "nuDoom is fun," a statement of which indicates that the value of nuDoom is indicative of fun, a standard that denotes quality and of being worthwhile entertainment. From this I can glean your personal standard in video games where you misconstrue the poor quality and sub-bar entertainment of nuDoom as equating to fun. Having incredibly poor taste and sub-par standards in determining what is fun is extremely unhealthy and conducive to poor gaming habits. To remedy this I implore you to re-examine your taste in video games and discover the error in what you determine is fun. The end result will be that you adjust your tastes to healthier standards and in doing so will experience improved levels of fun that is conducive to better gaming habits. Good luck! And remember that just like there are wrong opinions, there are wrong standards and poor tastes!

wow just like doom

this is how i know you haven't played nudoom

It's more of a vertical platformer collect-a-thon than a circle strafe game. You'd know that if you played past the demo.

I've played the first half and don't hate it, I like the monster designs in a mid-90s comic tryhard way and the weapon attachments have a satiafying quality I can't quite pin down. Playing it on Ultraviolence and it's a Fine/10. Worth the less-than-$20 I paid but not full price with a (((season pass))).

The biggest problem is the Pedigree it has to live up to. Those autists at Id circa 199X were always top tier craftsmen, and comparing a nu-anything is like saying yeah, this painting is okay, but you're no Michalangelo, so fuck off.

If it were Spooky Edgelord FPS Part 1 nobody would hate it - just be disappointed it wasn't more polished.

No.

Wrong.
Also wrong.
It just means entertainment.

Can't misconstrue a definition that's not set in stone in the first place.
Unhealthy how? He'll catch a cold if he plays CoD? Faggot. Provide evidence.

Why do zenimax shill this shit so hard?

Eat lead homo

It made me want to play Doom tbh

One:
No shills actually give a fuck about Holla Forums.
Two: It is a game that actually has merit as a fun and worthwhile game to play.
Three: The opposition to it seems to be completely built upon hipster bullshit and I CANT PIRATE IT DAY ZERO poor people pushing.

Is it the best fucking game of 2016? no.
Is it the best fucking Doom game ever? No. (in my opinion that was Doom 64).
Is it a very fucking fun shooter? YES
Is it the right direction for Doom games to start taking YES
Are people getting too hipstery and nostalgic about doom games based on mods and other sorts of bullshit and thus hating on this latest installment here? YES.

But this all goes back to the earlier points…nobody gives a fuck about what Holla Forums Holla Forums actually thinks.
For all your fucking rage…you have ZERO impact on games.
Thank. Fucking. God.
Because the majority of you are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
The rest of you are hipster faggots.
The minoirty of you actually give a shit about video games being FUN GAMES.

You go up against the wall with the other vermin

I have to disagree. I like the new Doom and I think it's fun but I also think we need people with standards in videogames somewhere. Take the world of music, for example. It would be quite shit if all we had was pop, I'm so very much fucking glad Jazz and progressive exists. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Jazz is nothing but discordant noise disguising itself as something more.
It is the original hipster music.
Kill yourself but first kill jazz musicians.

Pfffffttt…. hahahahahaha
You can't be serious
Stop you're killing me

If it makes your dick feel bigger and your sense of self worth feel more…well..worthy then yes..I you got me.
You totally got me.
A website that isn't listed on google is totally worth the time of video game advertisers.
A website that has less than even 10,000 active users at any given time, actually means something to video game publishers and advertisers.
A website that as a reputation for actually hating anything and everything AAA actually has some sort of value to companies that advertise AAA games.

I'd rather keep musicians alive and kill faggots who spew shit they know nothing about.

Only a retard or a shill would use "FUN" as a crux of his argument.
So which is it?

Every one of your opinions is shit end yourself.

Four: 1980s children are materialistic shitters like baby boomers
Five: all the DooM OGs hate Doom 4, this includes all the wad/mod makers and speedrunners and any other notable community members.

Thanks for confirming that you are shit. Shit boy!

Once more, the hipsters of Holla Forums prove that they can't prove a fucking thing.
Only that they're contrarian hipster fuckwads that hate anything and everything AAA or remotely popular regardless of its merits.

He posted a pic of a shit movie, of course he's that dumb.

You may as well tell me Skyrim and Fallout 4 are fucking masterpieces after they've been modded.

Go fuck yourself.

I just proved your argument wrong by debunking the single point you made about dissonance.

Oh no, I can't care about Deus Ex with GMDX, JA 2 1.13, Fallout 1, 2, Arcanum all fanfixed with mods, ToEE's Temple+, none of that!
The fact that the first thing that comes to your mind is skyrim and fo4 when you hear "mods" proves that you're a dumbfucked chromosome hoarder.

How can you have such fucking shitty opinions? Gas yourself kike.

where did I say anything about mods?

Yeah you sure did prove the case to me. You fucking retard. Maybe you belong on a hugbox like Holla Forums or Holla Forums where they will take your garbage for granted?

No, you cant. And i've seen this problem with other doom threads where they finally break down and start talking about modern doom WADs and mods and shit.
Basically, fuck yourself again.

great counter argument.

Right here you retarded faggot.

If you can't even remember what you posted then go back to 4chan or reddit or wherever the fuck you think there isn't a way to keep track of your retarded posts.

Nah, afraid you'll have to suck all those dicks elsewhere, faglord.

the second half is actually the best part, as in the last five or six levels they kinda take the kid gloves off and start throwing the really tough demons at you and let you, you know, play

Yeah you remind me of those 6,000 year old earth faggots.
Please go fucking spray your retarded shit somewhere else.

I would like Holla Forums Holla Forums to be greater than 4chan Holla Forums not full of just abject retards.

What is this dumb cocksleeve even talking about.

I don't know man. Even if I knew nothing about music and just dedicated my worthless time to shitpost on imageboards with poorly crafted bait, I'd feel really bad about myself if I actually needed to see evidence that support the outrageous claim that dissonance exists outside of jazz music.
Or that jazz music is even about dissonance in the first place.
Dissonance is very common in music of all genres. Even happy songs like this one.
Go ahead though, shitpost about Holla Forums, tumblr, reddit or whatever you can damage control about.

Yeah I tried to give you a way to argue for your position, any way, but you've proven that you're nothing but full of shit.
Go.
Fuck.
yourself.

Leave this board.

no. not even at all.
Listen, only the good shit for Jazz gets recorded.
Most of the shit is nothing more than someone leading and hopefully the rest can follow along.
It is really the most hipstery bullshit music anybody could get into.

It is the very first "intellectual" sort of music and there is a reason why jazz "enthusiasts" are parodied as leftist, "intellectual" retards.

If it is your thing, then whatever, but keep in mind that it is 90% improvised trash.

You don't even know what dissonance means, do you? You actually think "sounds nice to me" equals not dissonance, do you?

Seems to mean exactly what the fuck I think it means.

That's fucking cute. So you do actually think "sounds nice to me" equals not dissonance.

The song I posted has a dissonant note in the progression. Given it's not an awfully lengthy melody, it's pretty prominent.
Do keep shitposting to keep making me laugh, though.

But lets go beyond this.
Look at you faggot fucks defending Jazz yet hating on the latest Doom.
And why?

Hipster bullshit.
That is why.

I've done the minimal amount of work to out you faggots for what the fuck you are and you've flocked to the bait like starved fish.

if NuDoom was actually in line to deal with sales right now, you faggots would be advertising it for free simply because you have to HATE IT and everything around it.
Simply because I said Jazz is shit and i've defended NuDoom you are now defending the bullshit that is Jazz.

If I was a shill, you guys would be the fucking easiest to deal with.
I mean holy fuck, remember when Uncharted 4 was coming out? How long, as that game was coming out, did that fucking thread about that black chick beating up a white dude stay on the first fucking page?
I didn't even know that they made it past Uncharted 2 until the outrage that was here for WEEKS.

You guys are fucking morons. Grade A fucking retards.
And the worst part is that you will do all your own shilling for free.

Like little communist useful idiots.

It is folk music you dimwit.

Look at this madman go I love it.

Nice

bait

newfriend

Say what you want but the sad fact of the matter is that your claws, as a community, are dull.
In the same way that the Muslim apologetic's claws are dull.
You haven't had the challenge. You haven't needed to sharpen yourselves.
So in the light of some actual sharpened, tempered, and refined points you fall the fuck apart.

You are inferior steel.

Become more or leave this board.

I just want to say thank you for making my day. You truly are the autist we deserve.

Can't say it wasn't fun.

Doesn't matter what you say. Anybody with a bit of a brain looking at the exchange sees the breakdown in the detractors.
You are doing nothing more than what tumblrfaggots do when they proclaim someone a racist or a sexist or whatever.

You're resorting to your conversation stoppers. What you hope, by your community, will allow you to shutdown conversation so you don't have to prove how wrong you have been by further conversing.

In other words. Fuck yourselves.

I will not see Holla Forums Holla Forums turn into a hugbox of ANY sort.
I will seek to call out you faggots at every turn and I will invite as many new people as I can here just to keep you hugbox faggots on your toes.

why the fuck
do you talk like this you
fucking faggot? Nudoom is shit

Awww am I threatening your safespace you faggot?

Maybe you should have joined tumblr if you didn't want opposition.
Then you could have made Doom your filtered trigger word.

Baby wants to victimise himself, he says meanies ganged up on him. Except nobody did. I shut you down all by myself with arguments and even evidence.
One more thing

I'm the person who brought up jazz. I specifically said I liked the new Doom. Your hipster strawman has exactly zero basis.

You are basically like the guy who drew this.

how is that talking about mods? That's talking about community members. Modders are a part of the community.

Why does oldDoom seem to attract a legion of bronyfags and splatoon kiddies?

whatever you think you hear, the song is a perfectly timed waltz with melody lines that follow logical progression without breaking that logic at any point

commie speak

commie discussion tactic

remove

Because splatoon kiddies and bronyfags have been on the internet longer than you have and don't give two shits about what you think, but you have to reply to every thread threatening something you think is good because of a desperate need for approval likely stemming from lack of parental appreciation for your hobby, multiplied by the fact you were late to the party and never got to experience the childhood joy a good game brought, only the sensation of being vaguely cool at a party of casuals when you suggested you game and they broke out a game that could only be played online with one person to a console.

Barneyfag is remembered for being a shitposter. What are you remembered for?

This pasta isn't very substantial. It's also a little under cooked, but with some work it can be salvageable.

Here's an image for it.

Right, so I'd just finished playing the Shadow Warrior remake yesterday and I realized that nuDoom was trying to just copy the damn thing in a lot of ways. I'll try to list the similarities from my memory:

Here are the differences
nuDoom:
>hailed as the second coming of antiChrist and the return of CLASSIC OLDSCHOOL NOBULLSHIT NO REGENERATING HEALTH EFF-PEE-ESS, BRAH by the gaming media

reShadow Warrior:

obligatory

Are all comicfags open border activists ? So many of them turned out to be cucks, it's amazing.

anybody got the long version?

So Betamax?

Strike 1.

The only good part of your post was pointing out something that defies cover based shit.

Because they're completely pathetic. I absolutely would not give a fuck if they were closeted or not.

And if you hadn't corrected yourself about the pressing issue of those retards in that second post, I would have told you to fuck off.

Whatever you think you hear, try playing the main melody on any instrument of your preference and you'll see.

To NuMales ITT defending this game, what is your end game?

The whole industry is ours, soon this board will be ours. What is YOUR end game? Gaming belongs to the people now, not fat virgins filled with rage like you.

Silly NuMales….you don't play as much as we old-timers do.

You're pretty much chicks with dicks–you'll never be good at games, nor will you ever matter in the grand scheme of things.

Come on, Doom

You two sound like a pair of 15 year olds roleplaying some battle between good and evil in recess. With the twist that both of you think you're the good guy and the other is, by necessity, evil.

The truth is that you're both fucking retards.
Tell me one game that is unversally loved by anyone.
No, Deus Ex doesn't cut it, even here some cunts don't like it.
Btw: re-install it.

Games are complex things with many details and mechanics. Some will appeal to you, some will not. Give that game to 1000 people and 300 will love it, 300 will hate it, 300 won't care and 100 will make porn of it.

Some of us like NuDoom. It's everything we wanted from it and we can forgive the flaws it have for the good things it did right.
Some of us prefer the older Doom and can't stand the newer one. It changed and changed in all the wrong places.

Wether you personally like it or not is not relevant to the discussion. People who hate it are free to say why and people who love it are equally free to say so too. This is an imageboard, not some shariah controlled country where you can't say something Haram or risk beheading.

If you bought this game, rather than defending it or defending your point of view here, try asking yourself one thing:
Did you have fun with it?
Nothing else matters. It's a game. The main purpose is FUN. Idiots try to validate their life with a false sense of accomplishment by playing vidya. Even bigger idiots use their conceived "accepeted and popular" opinion on vidya to fit in and get friends either by pretending to be some Grognard on imageboards or a turbo-normalfag IRL.
All these people are cancer and they don't appreciate the games themselves. They appreciate all the things AROUND a game. But not the game itself.

NuDoom is praised due the dogmas of modern game design. This new system is regenerating health 2.0. Born out laziness and optimizing casuals' experience.

I want to say SMB3 or something, but I remember old internet news groups hating that the NES was gaudy with all their graphics compared to other systems at the time.

You should really read posts to the bottom before replying to them.

Denuvo/10 - Worthless.

Nice

A subnet range is something from 1 to 10k users. Holla Forums alone has 2500 subnet ranges active at peak hours.

You can't say there ain't bound to be shills, as you're still using the same copypasta arguments made back when the game was originally released. NuDoom is still shit.

fun is not an argument when the quality of the game in question is the subject of discussion
(unless you are posting in a place with like-minded people who share the same taste as you anyways, e.g. not Holla Forums)

I came here to discuss vidya, not talk about how much FUN I have, because there's nothing to be learned, gained, or talk about over some subjective experience someone has
Sure, you liked it, whatever, just don't applaud aspects of a game with 'works for me' and 'i didn't see a problem with it'

honestly, it's been 6 months since I wrote that autistic wall of text on top of writing a new version after having actually played it as everyone here parrots most of the things I wrote, yet I have to see a proper rebuttal to everything I said
I wrote it with the intention of coming to compromises I never considered before through debates, because it's dangerous to bring your ideas out there without challenging and testing them first. Hence my disappointment when there's barely anyone who called out on the bullshit of my first draft when I hadn't even played it

maybe the size had something to do with it

And talking about vydia is fine too.
I fully accept that some people hate Doom. And when they post, they usually do so by pointing out shit they didn't like or actual core flaws with the game.
But there's also people who loved it, and they usually post what they liked about it.
I like the visuals. Maybe this one is a bit subjective though, but there's something I really like about. The shinny bits work without overcoming the screen with flashy weebshit too.

The 'works for me' is a valid point. It did work for me. But I also fully aknowledge it didn't work for you instead of shoving it down your throat with the mandatory "if u don't like it, u're stoopid".
On threads like this, I'd like to see people pointing what shit they like and shit they didn't.
And then people talking about why they like/hate those aspects.
I'm complaining about people who claim something in a game is good/shit and then proceed to claim that if you don't share their opinion you're a casual/contrarian.
That's not discussion. That's adhominem. And ad hominem is funny when real identities are involved but on an anonymous board it's dumb as shit not to mention boring.

For what it's worth, I read the wall of text you wrote and fully agree with it. The newer one mind you, I think the old one plainly said you hadn't played it yet, so I took it with a grain of salt. Old Doom did a lot of things right that the newer one flat out got wrong. But that doesn't stop me from liking it for what it is while still liking the old one for what was (and still is) too.

I like games man. I can't bring myself to hate games just because they have a ton of flaws. Would I pay money for games that are objectively bad? No. But I'd still play them because the only thing I want out of games is a new experience. Something I haven't tried or seen yet. Or a new perspective into some old concept.

I accept that people who wanted something closer to the older one did get disapointed. If they expected something out of this remake, they got a swift kick in the nuts on every expectation they had. And I know that makes a lot of folks furious or just sad.
And I won't deny Zenimax is cancer. I might love games, but I absolutely despise companies like that.

It's a dude
Yet i am sexually attracted to him as a woman

I honestly don't care when someone posts a wall of text to prove this either. The standard of quality sometimes gets as subjective as "fun". Doom fans enjoy their game for the competitive quality while nuDoom fans enjoy their games for the chaotic quality. There's no point of arguing which trash is better. How can you become so convicted to a toy? Threads like this make me think that Holla Forums truly is autistic.

You label yourself something like pansexual don't you?

I'm really not digging this new meme.

I label myself as heterosexual with doubts

Well, trying to bring the discussion into actual technical aspects lets you discuss just that, the technical aspects of the hobby. Its the "meta" of video games.
But there only seem to be a minority of people here who actually know what the fuck they're talking about when it comes to the technical aspects.

I personally fuck holes.
Don't care what holes or what caused them, I'll fuck'em. cunt-holes, assholes, Assholes, sink-holes, plug-holes, bullet-holes, holes-in-the-wall, plot-holes, wholes and swolles.

Well, from a technical level, old doom is better, that's not even up for discussion. Heck, even people like me who liked NuDoom agree with that.

Twinks like the faggot in the OP will never agree with that because they never played Doom. Or if they did, they dropped it when they couldn't find the exit on the first level.

To expect those people to engage you in honest discussion is stupid. They can't.
Worry about discussing the technical details with people that are able to do so.

OK.

Are you that fucking desperate, even the ugliest trannies on /cuteboys/ look better than that thing

Technically superior in the way ID was able to squeeze out the first Doom game on that 90's hardware? Yeah I agree.
These are two different beasts though.
Like comparing SMB 1 with Mario 64. Or shit, Mario 64 to Super Mario Galaxy.
A bunch of time passing with all sorts of changes in technologies, expectations (that's a big one people seem to forget), development costs, ultimate goals, etc etc.

Another way to look at it is if you were to compare movies: Citizen Kain vs any given Transformer's movie. There are a couple of dozen different factors and while Citizen Kain will be considered the better film over all…what ends up more enjoyable to the modern audience?
Citizen Kain if made today would not be very successful, well remembered, or even liked (it is a boring film for the most part).
Likewise, Doom made today wouldn't even get a look from shooter fans. You can't even jump and aiming seems arbitrary. There is no upgrade system (which is sort of standard for everything these days) no hint of story elements, it would be considered a shitty phone game at best.
Now that could be said for a lot of old games if they were made today.
What makes the old Doom great, though, is that in the time it came out it was the best thing ever and because of that it has kept this lasting power to what seems like an almost sacred status. But let us not even pretend that it is still a yardstick by which people measure shooters in the modern era.
Its great in the way a classic car is great.

Because of how pathetically easy that game is.

Why do people do this? If you want to look like you sick dick for a hobby then at least balance it out by getting fit.

When did this male skeleton look become popular again?

When Skinnyjeans became a thing.

All skinnyjeans look like to me are jeans meant for women. That's not a big macho dig or anything but I have fuck huge calves and muscular thighs naturally so when a dude is wearing skinnyjeans and I see those chicken legs of theirs I can only guess that they would have had to actually WORK to get the legs of a skinny-fat woman.

Both games were some of the best looking games of their era with decent optimization I think.

This is like the most cliche reddit comparison taken straight from 9gag.

You are doing that on purpose, aren't you?

Because games are largely mechanical in terms of gameplay systems where one can make objective criticisms about them in terms of how well they achieve their intended goals (let's make a game all about going fast and frequently break it up with 1-2 second kill animations, what?).
e.g. the UI in Arcanum does a poor job of displaying vital information on top of offering poor inventory control, the rewards you get in Downwell for achieving a certain combo length stop after a certain threshold and require you to restart your combo if you want to keep getting them, and those fucking Class 1 Drillers in Descent 1 completely changing how you play the game on higher difficulties in a bad way

do note, the impact on one's enjoyment solid coherent game design has is relative
people here don't pay much attention to well-designed games like Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo or Devil Daggers because they're simply not used to those kind of genres, while games with many confusing design choices and flawed game design I could write similarly autistic walls of texts over like Deadly Premonition and EYE: Divine Cybermancy are near-unanimously liked here because they're fun (I think so too)
the only way to truly find out what a game is like is to play it yourself rather than listening to autists on an anonymous image board shaping your opinions for you, but they might offer some insights you never have thought of before

Then fuck a meatgrinder. It has a hole too!

I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about.

With that nose he can't pull anything except squidward cosplay.
To be honest, I kinda didn't expect anything from nuDoom beyond that it wasn't your typical military shooter with better controls. Expecting it to be a return to form is trascending naivety. I appreciated it for what it was, something that wasn't the same shit, although I probably won't be saying that in five more years. Besides, it's completely lacking in replayability which could've been alleviated with a decent map making program but from what I've seen SnapMap looks like a dumbed down version of every map maker I've seen.
Still, here's to it spawning something better. Probably won't, though.

Am i a cool kid for hating D44M?

No.

i bet his ass all bony too.

If you've fallen for the subjective relativism that post-modernists have been pushing, yes. But a game is a system of rules and constraints with defined goals - it's a system that whose design and its qualities can be assessed objectively. The only subjective elements to a game's quality are the factors that don't pertain to its gameplay: art style, story, music, etc.

Of course that doesn't matter at all to most people since we often care more for our subjective enjoyment of those factors than the merits of the raw gameplay. So in a way, you're somewhat right, but only because the people judging games do it more based on their personal enjoyment rather than by assessing the actual quality of the game.

No, He meant in the gameplay department. Doom is just a better designed game than nuDoom.

I think the video part (animations, physics, sound design) of a video game is more important than the game (competitiveness) part. Otherwise, we would all spend more time playing real games like chess and tetris. Mecha Ritz and Devil Daggers aren't popular because they look like shit and lack realistic responsive physics. We don't play video games just to win something, we want to feel good. TES games sell very well because they were made to make you feel good, not to test your skill.

Are you trying to treat video games like art? If you are, then you would have to ignore the game element of a video game.

I'm not really following this hogwash you guys are talking about outside of the obscene amounts of DLC purely made for the scattacular multiplayer mode the game was tacked on with.
I played the new DOOM and it was…alright. Aside from the Jewry Bethesda and ZeniMax always commit with their games, and the various bugs in the game alongside the horrendous DubstepMetal/Industrial Metal/ShillexCancer soundtrack, I just don't understand how Holla Forums, of all sites who would usually crave this outlandishly violent and gunhappy sort of game, would hate it, let alone justify their hate because "It's a Halo/COD clone".

…Although, if the reason is because John Romero's become a gargantuan cuck who fell from grace long after Daikatana, and cemented his status as being worthy of getting an oral dosage of hot lead as he shilled for Zodolf Quinnler while disregarding his fanbase as , much to everyone's dismay? Then, I guess, it would be justified.

What the hell did i stumble into, should i read all of this nigga's 35 posts or have i already seen enough with this faggotry?

you know how hard it is to put more than 12 enemies on screen nowadays :^) like

Actually yeah I do. There are posts earlier in this thread detailing exactly why that is difficult in modern times and still having the graphical look expected of modern day.
Also detailing the differences in development goals and methodologies.

The nose isn't the worst. The worst would be his arrogant, holier-than-thou personality.

Please stop.
Nigger, the game part actually makes it a fucking game, it's the actual function of the damn thing. It's got nothing to do with competition. Being in an audiovisual medium just means that's the medium it uses to portray the damn thing, and thus the only parts of it that matter towards the game are its ability to convey the game and its rules properly to the player.
The fuck are you on about?
Are you honestly comparing the popularity of a no-name greenlight title like Devil Daggers to a highly-marketed AAA game series with large brand recognition like TES? Are you really going to say physics are a factor in this equation?
Yes, I'm well aware that a majority of people have their judgement of games based more on subjective and aesthetic qualities of a product rather than its objective merit, as a stated in my post. That doesn't make the assessment of those aspects any less valid in an individuals assessment of a game. If anything, it only makes it more valid as it's not based on the subjective factors of a game whose worth will vary on an individual basis.
Please stop.

Firstly, Holla Forums is not one person. Stop referring to it as such.
Secondly, maybe it's because people that don't care for the game care less about the purely aesthetic qualities of it and more of the actual game parts. You may have been mistaken in your judgement of a whole userbase.

That's because he's always looking down his nose at you.

Good one, fellow user.

What a shame that our bump limit is so low now because you could be the next (215)

Not really. Everyone on /cuteboys/ is pretty much a cookie cutter hew

This entire post…

The only reason I've started playing Go and mahjong is because video games have lost their competitive edge. I'd play a modern MP game if any gave that fix but its been over a decade since a game has been good enough to dump time into.

Video games just being feel good are boring af

This guy gets it.

Why would a 90lb man with a sunken chest post pictures of himself on the internet?

Gameplay is art. All videogames are works of art, even if they're made with commercialism in mind.
Art has nothing to do with high quality, it just means a work that conveys a message

What message does Super Mario Bros. convey?

Gotta do the right thing, save the princess, bad guys are bad, brotherhood and family is important, etc etc etc.
The message doesn't even have to be extremely clear, it can also be an emotion. What message could a painting of a landscape convey? Author probably wanted to communicate peaceful and serenity. In the case of Mario, the simple landscapes convey cheerfulness and innocence.
The point is, the problem isn't the definition of art, it's the fact that nobody knows it. People hear "art" and instantly think of the Mona Lisa. Wrong. Even the shitty drawing your 4yo brother put on the fridge is art. The barrier of entry is very low.
When people hear "art" they instantly think of "high art".

Ok but I feel as though you're disregarding the use of "art" as a shielding term.
Did you output a subpar product? ART
Did you make a walking simulator that is barely a game? Well you GAMER GATER it is ART!

No. Not every work in every creative medium is art. It's only art if there's intent. Art is just another purpose that a work can fill - alongside entertainment, utility, education, etc.

Now you're just pulling shit out of your ass. The game doesn't mean to communicate anything beyond its basic premise and instructions on play. It's just a piece of entertainment, with no intent to provide any other purpose.

or you let people do what they want instead of having arbitrary limits because of some gay idea that your games custom maps should be sanitized as your regular game

>en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/art

>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/art
Even if we go by your definition, there's definitely intent to convey peacefulness and fun in Mario.

You would have to be really stupid to not understand that Mario is a game that aims to get the player to experience a challenge in a cheerful, relaxed atmosphere (maybe less cheerful in later levels), as opposed to say, Silent Hill with its depressing and horror tones.
Games convey messages and emotions. Their themes convey messages and emotion. These don't have to be very complex.

Same reason as Witcher 3. The Doom "label" is associated with being an OG hard-core shooter in normalfags eyes.
The new one (gotta be new ALWAYS, current year has no place for the old) makes them look like fans of the real Doom games to the uninitiated.
They obviously have never played the original Doom, the Reddit shills posting here when the game came out had people praising how well they managed to "refresh the game without changing the good parts of the original". Such a statement is absurd since nuDOOM has no aspects or qualities of the original Doom games, no not one. They had a massive marketing campaign because even 8/v/ was inundated with shills, it was at least as bad as CTR.

Tetris.

Great, then your definition doesn't even apply. There's nothing about communication or conveying messages, and there's a clear focus on material objects created just to observe their aesthetic qualities. By that measure, creating art in games has nothing to do with gameplay but with its graphical quality.

And by going with your definition, two glaring issues occur - you rob authorial intent from a work, making its purpose subject to what the viewer takes from the piece, aka Death of the Author. It also broadens the definition of art so much that literally any method of communication can be considered art. A billboard advert would be art. A teacher making a diagram on a whiteboard would be art. This fucking post would be art. Where the fuck does this end?

Tertris is boring

And there you go, this is why art has fallen so far. Art is merely there to make a statement, absolutely disgusting.

I know you're likely not in this thread anymore although I know you are but this almost made me chuckle, so congrats.

Are you stupid? Video can't contain motion pictures and audio?

It's as integral as the interactive video part. Both are the driving force, it's just one is a pneuma and the other is the driving force

Conveying the game is the only thing that matters? In a combat focused hardcore RPG game maybe. If such abstraction is the main selling point of an FPS game, I know that it would be shit. In FPS games and less abstracted modern games in general we would seek aesthetics and entertaining feedback visualization rather than rules.

Regardless marketing and the amount of A's these games got, if they could deliver the same aesthetic immersion as TES I'm sure they would get a lot of recognition. Here's what I'm trying to tell you. We often get more entertainment out of the video part of a video game rather than the game, especially in these less abstracted games.

Sort of. We feel more at home with TES' physics than Devil Daggers.

Can't an aesthetic value be objectively good when there's a lot of resource, vision and thoughts, and conviction put into it?

It's a skepticism to an established standard. We may be able to apply this to video game, but in video game what really matters is whether we get entertainment out of it or not. It's not a revelation unlike arts, it's a toy, there isn't much establishment in a toy. For a game to truly question and defy the established standard, it has to be something like Jason Welge's games.

Well, that's just your opinion bro.

Yeah, just like the "art" of war, "art" of sports, and "art" of deal. Slapping your dog's ass with a stick is art too.

Art is meant to give catharsis and revelation. Go back to your liberal art school.

that entire channel is satire and she is friends with my waifu pupinia.

What makes your definition apply then, Einstein?
Jesus Christ.
It has to do with both, usually.

Non sequitur. I did not such thing. I clearly expressed the idea that games like Mario used art in a way that conveyed a certain emotion, like tranquility or cheerfulness, to the player while in gameplay.

You're right. I misremembered the definition, it had something to do with imagination and creativity.
I think "a work that expresses the author's imaginative or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power" is best.

I have some news for you, OP. That's not a numale. That's a nuskeleton.

Jesus christ you are intolerable. I swear Holla Forums is the video game equivalent of pretentious niggers who wish old school hiphop would come back and believe tupac's dusty black ass is in cuba. It doesn't matter if a game is repackaged or is a geniune new game with new ideas, Holla Forums will bitch about the fucking game for one reason only, it is new. They have their heads so far up their nostalgic asses that the very concept of new is repulsive. They chase a fucking high they got when they were little kids and didn't know the difference between what a well made game was versus a shitty one.

No, they just want to go back to when they were little adolescents sitting at home just figuring out what a video game was, and when a game fails to meet their unrealistic, unreasonable expectations, they get mad and throw a tantrum, then go on to circle jerk with other nostalgic faggots on places like Reddit and Holla Forums.

Newsflash: You think the new doom is a piece of shit? Thats because it always was a piece of shit. It was a boring, monotonous, repetitive pile of broken trash, as were most games of that time. It is the reason that the new doom is shit, because it is nothing more than a repackaged concept that zenimax tried to bring to the current generation, and when you finally realize that it is a terrible, outdated game that has no business being pushed today, it is not because the past games are better, its because a repackaged piece of trash is still a piece of trash.

You're responding to low quality bait

The only thing Doom has over nuDoom is you can move fast in Doom, everything else is slow, non-linear, plodding design etc

If "GO FAST" was such the catch all be all then every Sonic game in existence would be GOTYAY

You mean it's safe for muh nigga Tupac to finally come out of hiding now that Castro's dead?

Nice pasta user

Tupac is in Serbia, not Cuba.

i outshitposted you hitlerdubsman

This but unironically
except doom is fun

Because it's "nu"

They get told how they think, how they speak and how to feel about things then they follow suit.

They have no opinions of their own, they have no stances of their own. They just follow suit of what they are told are their stances/feelings/thoughts and hate themselves if they struggle with it.

As a gay man, you're a fucking flaming faggot. The guy is a Super Saiyan Kike.

Fags like you need to be put into camps with the rest of the kikes.

>>>/oven/

Dude it's 2016 like OMG.
Like this game is like cool and shit so if ya like it you are cool too.
Like i'm cool and shit because i like it. Like it has gore and violence and shit.
It's as good as The Big Bang Theory, just this is like a videogame and shit.
For the people who like don't like it. Grow up shitlords!!44!!!4

People defend it because it has the word "Doom" on the cover. That's it. If it was called anything else, it would get shit on unanimously.

his nose is the focal point in this picture holy fuck.