Today in history November 30:

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/get/u1qVPqgdw66A5/EU3DW Patch 5.2.exe
moddb.com/mods/blood-and-iron-mod/downloads/blood-and-iron-beta-v3-for-304
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any tips on Baltic Crusader?

Ruskies get too strong too fast.

Isn't it beautiful?

So I finally found 2 suitable Manichaean symbols. Had to plagiarize rip 'em off from a CK2 and a EU4 mod because I suck at making icons that small.

Which one looks better/would suit Manichaeism better?

The one on the right is a Suncross, used by Gnostics and I think Manichaeans as well.
The one on the left is Aten, an Egyptian sun deity and for some reason it's used as a symbol of Manichaeism by the extended timeline mod for EU4 (I think the link with Manichaeism is that the sunrays are descending upon the earth or something, they believed in a world of light which would glorify/purify us or someshit.)

Right one.

How are you still alive?
Werent you put into 1 province minor by france?

I fucked up the positions, the one on the left is the Suncross, right is Aten.

Yeah I think the Aten looks better as well.

how is stellaris now? i remember seeing some negativity towards it when it came out. also its made by the swedish jew.

Great early game, everything from then on is unremarkable.

Severely lacks flavour, and needs to have some mechanics fixed suh as warfare. So far it doesn't look inherently shit, but unfinished. After Parajews shit out a few major expansions, it could become a pretty good game

I took my stuff back from France after a 15 year war.

What's going on in Europe at this point?

Spain is the big bully but they're pretty peaceful towards me. France got fucked when I took back Messina because I was allied with Austria, the pope and Navarra. Ottomans are on the decline. Just finished a war with England where austria decided to bully them and force them to release most of ireland.

Can you fix HoI 4 with mods? I hear August Storm is pretty good.

Nice bordergore.

Please tell me that's not Otto up in England.

Looks like a free Northumbria or whatever duchy used to be up there.

It's EUII alright. Only thing that really is missing Ottomans blobbing over Eurasia and invading the mongols and chinks.

Posting some French nationalism if that's okay.

Brit-tooths need not apply.

Liberte, egalite, fraternite. Everyone is French and there is no French nation.

fuck off back to cuckchan's /vg/

The French are just celticized Germans. :^)

This was only average performance for the piece "the futile pretending of trying to fit".

You don't know the worst of it. Cuba is Louisiana. They never controlled any other region. Also, all those modern nations are sicilian catholic: Haiti, Louisiana, Columbia, Venezuela, and now the UPC just formed: all Sicilian Catholic. Also, Zapotec is a Catholic monarchy and has been allied with Venice for over a hundred years now.

Crap, previous thread died before I got back. So anyone still has EU3 Divine Wind 5.2 patch?

fucking Minamoto

it's pretty tame

Yeah. Also should we make a new folder on Mega or something?

The mega mod folders seem fine, just the top one is nuked.

And is EU4 an improvement or should I skip it?

volafile.io/get/u1qVPqgdw66A5/EU3DW Patch 5.2.exe

Hey, some of the cheevos for Paradox games are pretty interesting and make you play the game a bit differently.

Thanks user.

Paradox broke EU4 with the new institutions tech system, it's complete garbage. From what I've played, African shitholes tend to be just as advanced as European nations.

Sounds like it's working as intended then.

tech groups should've been kept, but instead of making research penalties, they should've given every group a different research tree

Anyone has a Veritas Et Fortitudo download link for 1.17?

Read the OP

How do I make a move? Already tried taking on them with Austria, Albania and Poland and got as far as occupying Constantinople but still nothing.

Also what idea group I should take next? The first one was Humanist.

take war objective and sit on it for a few years.

was playing as serbia before france annexed me

Aw.
I was just about to make sicily great again.

Every group has same tech? Such laziness!

You know what you gotta do, fam. Import that shit to Vicky 2 and rise from the ashes on the backs of millions of Chinese peasants.

You did not know? They only have separate unit groups, but the techs are identical for all of them

Hmmm… I have vicky 2 but on a completely different computer than eu3. Is there a good savegame converter?

Is there some way I could find the mod for 1.15? I don't like the newly added features in 1.17 like corruption so I'm still playing the old verison.

The good news is there will be 100 more years of sicily posting. The bad news is the save converter screwed with diplomacy and now my bitter enemies, France and Prussia are my allies for some reason.

If anyone is interested, my friend and i are making a mod for HOI4 based upon Generalplan Ost where you can play as an exiled Slavic techno-Barbarian tribe or kingdom fighting for control of the forests and wastes of Siberia and Kazakhstan, all the while attempting to avoid the notice of the technologically superior German and Japanese Empires.

We wanted to make a long campaign lasting 3 decades (1960-1990) we're trying to come up with tribe names and various kingdoms anyone's welcome to pitch their own ideas (no Jewish kingdoms)

Note: The Grand Duchy of the Shekellands was destroyed long ago

well you'd have the Bohemian kingdom, a Slovak tribe, some Poles, Ukrainians, Belorussians, and a lot of Russians. Technologically, Czechs were probably the most advanced during WW2, Slovaks were a little behind, Poles were even further back, and the rest (except Russians in big population centres like Moscow) were practically still in the fucking middle ages

So as a result of the events of my EU3 game (Louisiana breaking off of my empire and forming in Cuba) I now have a world in which there is no Union whatsoever and the island of Cuba is a Southern Italian CSA. I think I will play as them instead because it's hilarious.

dont. playing small nations is boring

I'm new to this game. I prefer to start small because there is less going on.

I've finally implemented Manichaeism and it's completely functional. Only flavor events are left to be implemented (Which I'm unsure what the effects will be.)
Been thinking about a 'Bema' fest, which was a celebration held commemorating Mani's ascension to the world of light (His death basically, Sassanids executed the guy for being a rowdy motherfucker.)
I planned 4 options for this event:

The event is going to be a yearly occurrence (in the early days of march) and will keep appearing (and giving bonuses.) throughout the whole game. The bonuses will be minor as not to make the event OP.

As for the other events, I've been thinking about one which makes your ruler abdicate in order to become an 'elect', a member of the Manichean clergy who renounces to his worldly possessions, seeking a life of asceticism and proselytism.
Another one is for alms giving, since alms used to be something important for manichaean life (to feed/clothe the elect since they renounced to all kinds of money.)

Also, I've implemented some flavor stuff for Sogdiana and Tocharia, both countries now have custom-named ruler and country ranks (in their native languages.) So instead of having a Tocharian 'Kingdom', you have a Tocharian 'Ypoy' and instead of a 'King' you have a 'Lante'. It was kinda difficult fun to jury-rig monarch ranks (Since no words for empire, emperor or count appear) but I managed using a Tocharian B dictionary, as well as a Sogdian dictionary and some imagination. I figured out having names in their native languages would be cooler, since turkroaches and kebab have custom-named realms (Such as sheikhdom, beyliq, etc.)

And as for other stuff, I've also implemented different names for different forms of government (Both Sogdian and Tocharian) and I've been thinking about giving both a Tibet-like event where you are able to change your type of government.
Tocharia (Ytaympypoy) will get an event for turning into a Theocracy (A 'Shambhala', Mythical Buddhist kingdom of perfection and all that bullshit, thought to be located in the Tarim Basin) and Sogdians will get the option of becoming a merchant republic due to their affinity for commerce.
However, I'm still unsure about the way these two events will be implemented, maybe I'll just make them like Tibet, when you get a stupidly retarded ruler people from other factions take over.

And speaking of factions, Sogdiana and Tocharia will also have factions of their own (Just like Zoroastrian Persians and european kingdoms do in VeF.) But I've yet to decide what bonuses they will give.

Yeah we took into account the various ethnicity from the various countries that Germany according to the plan, would have shoved over the Urals we're definitely going to take into account that they'll segregate themselves and form their own kingdoms in Siberia forgot to mention that each of those pink areas are states that we're going to put tribes/kingdoms in but we're thinking that most of the east will be Russian

Perhaps this choice would make you gain prestige for respecting the traditions of your ancestors but lowers religious unity if you have non-Manichaeist provinces because it would make non-followers unhappy.

Too bad I'll never play it, as it's in an irredeemablle pile of shit called HoI4

That's neat but I'd prefer a mod that makes HoI4 playable.

All we can do is try and make it fun.

Sounds reasonable. 1 could add a bit prestige and decrease religious unity, 2 could add double prestige and lessen religious unity even further. 3 for a bit tax income and 4 will lower your prestige and legitimacy a bit.

Also, I forgot to mention, Manichaeism give a native +50% rebel support (Too high perhaps?), the reasoning behind is that Manichaeans were fond of revolting wherever their religion had a considerable number of followers, they also supported peasant revolts as well. So in the end, it gives +50% rebel support (May lower it down to 30% or maybe 25%) and +1 diplomats. I've also copied this mechanic GoB added to Zoroastrian nations, it's a country modifier which lasts throughout the campaign adding +1 missionary, tolerance for heathen and heretic and -0.03 unrest during war. I wish I could find a way of making it a proper 'invisible' event which triggers whenever a country converts to Manichaeism, but I can't seem to make it work properly (I'm not too experienced when it comes to codding events.)

And as for other things, whenever I learn how to properly code events, maybe I could add some sort of event or modifier of Manichaeism spreading to neighboring provinces and creating unrest. Manichaeans were REALLY concerned about proselytizing, so much that they traveled far and wide spreading their beliefs, in a way, they were pretty much like early Christianity albeit less successful.

This will never fail to trigger my autism. Does Paradox not understand the difference?

Show us the Austria, I wanna see how fucked Europe will be.

inb4 le horseshoe maymay

Nigger, they're Swedish, do not expect too much from them.

As you can see, Austria's cum splatter has landed on 5 of the 6 inhabitable continents. I'm still making up my mind who i want to play. I'll decide when I finish the tutorials. It will either be Sicily or one of the nations that formed when the Sicilian Empire fell apart. So, I will either play Sicily, Confederate States, Haiti or USCA.

Also, I have a question. It seems that every single nation is a primitive nation. I'm assuming that everyone gets an equal start in the tech tree because I imported a save over. Am I missing out by doing my first playthrough like this?

yes.

Your playthrough will be horrible

So is it not even worth it to play the converted save?

Probably not, but if you wanted to do something in a similar spirit you could load up Vicky 2 HPM, play Two Sicilies, and on day one release and play as Sicily (which will give you just the island).

That bordergore is fucking terrible
The converter should also take the relative tech levels into account.

For the first two options, remove a large amount of money from the treasury. If you commemorate his death, then prestige to you. If you commemorate his life, then legitimacy to you. For both options, tolerance of heathens and heretics will be cut by 2.
If you ignore the festival for this year, you get a temporary reduction in the effectiveness of your missionaries (think 1% or so).
If you ignore the festival for the next half-decade, then on top of the missionary malus, you will get a minor tax bonus. But, tolerance of the true faith will drop slightly.

Wew

Can't figure out how to make this converter do it. And it's the only converter I have found that lets me drag in a save file and convert it manually.

Can't be too much money since it's going to be a yearly event. Perhaps something like 5~10 ducats.

I'm about 40 years into a Britbong game, never played them in Vicky 2 before.

Fuckton of naval bases.
Fuckton of colonial pops at game start. RGOs, cannon fodder, taxes and tariffs.
Lots of events helping expansion.
Well placed to fuck the yanks from day one.
Easy to befriend and fund Germany and have them rape any continental power you feel like destroying.

Booooooring.
Not that many accepted pops compared to the other GPs, pop is mostly unciv shits.
Crap literacy, harder to get it up.
Ugly flag.

It's ok, I guess. Prefer Germany/Austria though.

The converters are always terrible. Both times I've done megacampaigns I've converted manually. It only takes a few days if you're famillar with modding. Less if you convert and then fix up things manually, but in my experiance they create too many bizzare problems.

Nah, you have to be rich if you want to pull off a successful festival.

By the way, how does anyone get the map in VeF working properly? The definitions file and the actual province files don't match, so EU4 crashes early and often.
Before you ask, I got this from the Mega archive

Heads up fellas, Mega folders in the OP have been deleted, any chance for a reup please?

This definitions.csv that's included makes no fucking sense whatsoever, why the fuck do they use special characters and not bother to arrange these in an order that makes sense?

Not even nukes can defeat the ottoman pest

What is wrong with the Trebizond people, are they all infertil?
In 100 years i had 4 dinasties, Komnenos → Baljbo (Sweden) → Nemanjic (Serbia) → Komnenos

Also what should I do to recover from civil war, all my provinces have high autonomy and i'm entering in bankrupcy

Increase stability, check what missions you got available, entering bankruptcy isn't that bad, as long as you dont keep making - money for ever.
also you dont need that many forts, id demolish all 4 of those you got there

R8 my Rome game in ET mod.

Blob as fuck.
Why did Rome expand into Ukraine and other such shithole territories? Their whole policy on expansion was to invade wealthy areas and obtain that wealth, so why would they go into lands with no real civilization? Why haven't you conquered Aksum yet? That's something Rome actually attempted in history. Holy shit though why into Ukraine and the steppes what are you doing man?

The barbarians expanded into the Ukraine, and I wanted to all but wipe them out. I also wanted to control the black sea.

ET is a piece of shit about railroading history, so if you don't annex all, or at least most of the barbarian states early on, you'll get fucked hard (they get insane bonuses to morale. Worse than fucking Ottomans in vanilla). Same with Islam appearing, only even worse still - a 10k stack of their troops can easily beat 30k stack of yours. I assume that's why he blobbed so much, so that he wouldn't have to deal with that shit.

Exactly.

I can't see how the playthrough is any fun that way, though. You have no real opposition

I mainly just wanted to try out the mod for the first time. Keeping shit together was pretty tough at points, tho.

Can you ally any of the states that will try to invade or otherwise persuade them to attack other potential invading states?

You can vassalize them, but beyond that it's pretty tough to remain so friendly with any notable tribes.

no. They are forced to DoW Rome through events. Also, if they success in sieging down a province, it'll flip to them after a short while

That sounds like a really gay mod.

The map works for me and I haven't touched any files.

Do you have the decentralization policy enabled? That always fucks you up pretty bad (Raises autonomy EVERYWHERE.) That or you haven't got enough bureaucracy to manage your provinces.

It's the reason why I don't play it. It has a big scope and many great features, but this sort of bullshit railroading just kills it for me. It essentially means that if a country did well in a certain time period, the game gives it cheats

Constantinople retaken from the turkroaches

I hope you have a genocide mod installed.

I found the error and setup logs, and it turns out the map doesn't have any problems, it's that EU4 loads the mod files on top of the vanilla files.
This is bullshit, how do I fix it?

By that, I mean that it loads the same events/decisions/missions twice, so the game just throws a fit and dies

Yea i forgot to enable that policy, thx for the help anons :DD time to make antolia great again

Sorry for the embed. Just found out more half-assed random events are coming to CK2.

another DLC?

are you seriously surprised at this point?

I'm waiting for the DLC that let's you be a massive Jewish empire based in Sweden. Then I can finally play as Paradox.

I'm thinking of taking 3 provinces from aydin and giving rhodes back to the knights and then try to vassalize them, they already have malta and no allies, you think it's gonna work?

pretty sure they actually included some of the devs as playable characters in CK2

you can always force vassalise if it doesn't

Hurray i did, it was a lot harder than i was expecting. This was fun

What should i do now? Get egypt or italy?

does it give you new national ideas, or do you get to keep the trebizondian ones?

also, sorry to inform you, VeF made cultural conversion much harder. It's expensive and takes forever. Also, any non-primary cultures (including those in union) give you an autonomy mallus, so converting anatolia back to pontic and cappadokian is not really viable

That is up to you, you can either keep your national ideas or change them to the byzantium ones, but if you don't change your ideas i don't think you get the bonus clains you get around your empire

That is pretty lame, i need more than 500 bird points to change one province to pontiac

pontic*

just wait until you see how fucking long it takes to convert that one province.

We've got fucking immortality with the last DLC and being the child of Satan earlier. Isn't that enough?! Fuck.

open console
debug_mode
see province #
culture #

and province will be converted to pontic
it would take me 200 years to convert constantinople to pontic, hell no

Is there a way to download patches for CK2 manually?

Italy is a strong frontier filled with provinces of high development.
In order to take over that frontier you shall not engage by crossing mountains but scorching deserts in north Africa like Belisarius did when he was tasked by Justinian the Great to Make Byzantium Great Again.
Take Egypt from the Muslim filth and continue to Carthage, then you shall take over Sicily and continue north.

I'm gonna try out Mossi (in EU4) and form a pagan Morrocan kingdom.

Torrenting CK2 right now. I never buy games but thought about buying this one, to get all the DLC included it costs $149 on Steam. I guess the old adage is true, behind every Jew there's a Swede.

FML

Finished downloading.

What's a good country/dynasty to start with for someone who's never played and isn't going to go through some gay tutorial?

Ireland is the tutorial island, but don't be a pussy. Pick the one and truly G-d's realm, the Latin Empire from 13th century start.

Beginner's choice, eh? You should take the earliest possible start and go with Zunbils in Afghanistan.

fuck it, play georgia at earliest date
pro tip: join any empire asap. cumans are considered empire and are less often in wars then byz

Just pause immediately, use “debug yesmen”, and fix your alliances. Also use, “debug alwaysdiplo” so that your diplomatic actions cost 0 points (why the fuck is there a limit in the first place) so that you can do it all at once. Then just turn those off and boom.

This is the most beautiful Austria I’ve ever seen.

It will be for the sheer fuckery of it. Not much else.

All is well in Charliemango

Forgot to add:
But that shit can barely holds itself together for a decade

It's the only start date with Zunbils, though.

Hey, where’s Blood and Iron for Vicky II in any of the links? There’s “Vickymod Final”, which is probably newer than my old unofficial 1.13 (I was anticipating those “annex canada/annex mexico” events so much…), but if B&I is even newer than that (and more complete), I’d prefer it. Thanks.

Is there a way to change tech levels in the console so that everyone isn't a primitive nation?

This mod?
moddb.com/mods/blood-and-iron-mod/downloads/blood-and-iron-beta-v3-for-304

Converted games almost always turn out to be the most amusing. One game had the entirety of the HRE splinter into dozens of primitive micronations except for Saxony. The English Isles was comprised 6 different nations, none of them england. Lithuania and Norway became greatpowers due to the fact that no one else was either big enough to stop them or had the tech to stop do anything. I was playing Norse USA at the time so I didn't have a dog in that fight as I was busy killing those fucking jewish Aztecs

Yeah I guess it's cool then. Zunbils are somewhat challenging (unless you manage to appease the blobbassids.) Way easier than starting as one of the remaining persian satrapies under kebab yoke in fact, that shit should be fun.

Neither are that hard if you can conquest your way to northern poo in loo to regroup.

Both come down to how stronk the Byzantines are and how fast the caliphate becomes decadent.

NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

oi boi

Shit, this is lucky as hell.

I think they got PU'd at some point without me noticing
not really sure
I was surprised to see that as well

And of course he dies 5 years later.

top fucking kek
reminds me when my leader died 1 month before truce was over and I couldn't declare war when I wanted

Found an interesting trick that can boost performance in CK2/EU4.

Go to defines.lua and increase
to a larger number.

20 means that events are checked every 20 days. I get a decent speed boost in Geheimnisnact changing it to 40, and I have a fairly beefy i7 so I assume people with weaker CPUs would have much better improvements, possibly enough to make the mod playable if its normally too slow.

If you want to do it just for a mod, use

in the defines.lua in the mod folder.

Shouldn't be any real negative effects to this. The events are checked half as often but AFAIK the game will simply double their chance of happening so that you have the same average chance to get anything. Tell me how it works for you guys.

Piano Cat?

You limey bastard.

Stopping here for today, finally left the empire since they wouldn't make me an elector (need that kingdom rank).

Haven't played EU4 until now, should I just dump all my mana into improvements or fuck it and go for tech?

If you have a ruler greater than 3 in one area, you can develop that stat on provinces about once per year / 2 years and still keep up technologically, is what I've found. But it really depends on what you want to do.

Had to take 10 fucking loans and disband all army and navy after the war to pay for it all, but I managed to take one province as Knights.

FUCKING BRITISH GET OUT OF THE LAND OF THE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*English

Anyone got that pic of Johan comparing pirating paradox games to child porn? If you know the thread, that'd be even better.

There is literally nothing wrong with pirating Paradox games or watching child porn.

Get rekt, faggots.

The moment Otto gets anywhere near, I'm fucked. We're historical rivals, he's already fabricated claims on half my shit, and my only noteworthy ally is Venice (Byzantium is buttmad about me having its cores). What the fuck do I do?

I know, I was just looking for it for use in trolling purposes.

But that's the only kind of game paradox makes.

How fucked am I?

Very

Why can't I annex Switzerland even after violating its neutrality?

What mods?

Just assign your ruler to command an army, pray he dies on an accident. Is your heir worse than him? Also, add another rival and start throwing insults and embargoes for your power projection to raise.
There's not much to do unless you take that prestige to 0. Perhaps threaten war over small pissy provinces? You're somewhat big and that ought to help you improve prestige. Crete's a good option, as well as Achaea's chunk of albania, Corfu or even kebab-controlled Caucasus.
If you can afford it, hire a philosopher advisor (+prestige) or a +morale or discipline one. Hell even a diplo rep advisor could help you out a bit.

Remember some country policies could also help you, but for god's sake don't pick the +autonomy one.

Pray.

Take any other weaklings, Cyprus shouldn't have any allies. Remove weaker kebabs too. And stop being a filthy crusader.

I have been putting leader+heir as army leaders for 250 years now, none has ever tied.

Only infidels shall be attacked

Don't think of it as attacking a fellow Christian crusader state. Think of it as reminding them why you're stronger together.

Nice attempt, but the holy knights had opted not to choose Hillary Clinton as the next grandmaster

Those damn Muscovites didn't want her to be Grandmaster. You don't want to be a Muscovite vassal, do you? Let in the Cypfugees.

top fucking kek

If it's in V2 HPM, violating neutrality just gets rid of their neutrality protection modifier, you still need to justify a CB, which might not necessarily be conquest (eg you might puppet it).

Anyone got a modbin for hoi4 ? Vanilla is pretty bland at this point.

Crusaders are the bestest goyim.

Despite blobbing aimlessly like a wine spill on a pristine silk table cloth, you are still only an overgrown city state.

I was Trebizond my first purpose was to secure the Chaldia trading zone, then I secured Mashr iq or whatever its called, now im securing anatolia and attempting to have total control of constantinople trade zone in the balkans
that's defently not aimlessly
I also have the entire Caucasus under my control

Why are you running away from the objective user?
Europe is waiting for you

What's wrong with owning Mesopotamia? There's a lot of history there. He can save all the artifacts from the Baghdad museum and transfer them to a museum in Greece.

I got lucky, force vassalized Byz, got the Habsburgs and Jagellions as my allies, and now I got a day one embrace for Renaissance. This run is going to be pretty sweet

Not going to make the same mistake again, right? My plan is to reform the kingdom of Jerusalem, then sell all of Anatolia back to Byzantium, if it still exists. Only if it doesn't will I go for Latin Empire.

How do I stop this budding cancer?

national focus in population centers

Unless you're roleplaying strictly, Socialist Upper Houses are a godsend. The earlier the better for that sweet healthcare population boost. Once you get all the social policies you went, then axe the pinko bastards.

That's what all the Marxists say. Get out of here you commie weasel.

Utilize for all of their useful policies while doing your best to blockade bad ones, then transition into a more radical fascist government for the same or similar policies plus state capitalism & militarism?

Have fun having sub 50% literacy until the 20th century and less POPs end game. It's like you want to import sandniggers into your Aryan empire

Well what do I do to axe them when the time comes?

National foci and choosing options that bolster other parties/reduce socialist in events.

Going for a Netherlands game. I've achieved groot-nederland, I have the British SAF colonies (british AI is retarded and easily tricked via ireland), and I will annex the Boer republics and accept Boers once those form and do their immigration thing. I also plan to take all of Indonesia and Indochina, plus some Chinese trade cities.

I'm also gonna try some acquire substate shit to cockblock Japanese unification and annex them one by one as they civilize.

And of course, uncontrolled Africa blobbing probably focusing on the eastern side.

Once Anarcho-Liberals form I'll appoint them because in HPM the Netherlands' anarcho-liberals are pretty much the Dutch East India Company, complete with state capitalism and jingoism. I may also try to provoke Bourgeois Dictatorship aka transition into an actual megacorporation.

Aside from all that, is it better to keep Luxemburg or let Prussia have it? Which border looks more aesthetic? It looks a little weird sticking out like that, but I wanna make sure it's not rightful Dutch clay before I hand it off.

In the early stages a lot of growth is inevitable as they go for equilibrium. Their presence in the UH is actually good because you can use them to pass social reforms early on, and then gas them in the 1900s when you appoint Fascists and rig a takeover.

In HPM, once you've formed a Fascist or Communist Dictatorship, you get a few decisions that let you kill off a bunch your ideological enemies, and also spread your ideology amongst the population.

Graand strategy is an entire genre made for autistic people.

What is this, an empire for ants??

I guess you could say the Turkroaches invaded Antolia.

Do I have to wait for a full cracked release of 2.6.3?

Go to the ruskies, you damn niggers.

I have made a huge mistake.

are you playing milan? try to get alliance with any superpower. also dont bitch you just captured a good center of trade and have high mercantilism

I only got trevisio because I didn't have any boats.

help me

Watch a tutorial, read the manual, play.

Don't worry about getting rolled over by ai. Play at slowest pace. I have a big monitor attached to my headboard, so I just lounge in bed looking at the map on the big screen. Pretty comfy. The games seem complex because there is a lot going on. But most of that stuff you don't have direct control over and you realize it rather quickly if you play without cheating. Also, pick a small country and download my historical pandora stations.

Post your Finlands.

I don't get this inheritance thing. I lost a bunch of territory and now my brother is king of it? How do I get it back without going to war with him?

Also how do I take control of territory directly instead of having these shitty vassals hold it?

Also how do I become king of Denmark? I held all the De Jure territory at one point but then my brother got it.

pls halp

Is this your first time? Don't play tribes, they are more complex.

Gavelkind succession splits your realm on death, unless there is only one top title (in which case you remain king of the whole thing but your lower level titles are split).

You can try and make sure your heir inherits that stuff after you die by killing off some people. The only way to take titles from your vassals is to revoke them, which will piss them off.

Yeah it's my first playthrough.

What would you reccomend for a starting country? I thought I was doing pretty well for a first playthrough.

I realized I can commit suicide and my brother will inherit my kingdom in addition to his own (dark blue), should I do that then just kill off my male heirs afterwards? My brother also has a higher vassal limit.

If he's your heir then you should be able to play as him if you kill yourself. Not sure though.

Start in Ireland

I never knew gsg was this hardcore.

this. Ireland is tutorial island, which doesnt mean that its easy to play.

Only do this in 1066 or later though, otherwise Ireland will be tribal and you'll be forced to deal with gavelkind for some time.

Only up-to-date tutorial I found is an on-going series by Arumba that goes on for over 20 minutes per episode and progress is so fucking slow.

Play the in-game tutorial. It's not a complicated game.

Nevermind the Japan thing, the Boshin War crap messes it all up.

The in-game tutorial teaches you VERY basic shit like "this is how you move around the map, this is how you form new armies, this is how you command armies, and so on. The tutorial does fuck-all to actually teach you how the game works.

That's the thing. It doesn't work.

Manichaeism soon, fellow heathens. Finally managed to overcome the stupid localization errors, apparently the game won't accept characters with tildes and such.
Been digging on extended timeline's events, only to find out that it has a nice plethora of both Zoroastrian and Manichaean flavor events which I'm ripping off for VeF.

As of now, Manichaeism will have a 'spread' mechanic, courtesy of ET, which will cause provinces adjacent to manichaeans to adopt the faith (albeit pretty slowly); light vs darkness battles (when stability is low/high a ruler gets prestige); yearly bema fest and an almsgiving event which gives diplo rep or prestige.

Sogdiana and Tocharia both have flavor events to become a republic and theocracy respectively, although I've been planning to make both less 'generic' so to speak, since both are just a clone of Tibet's theocracy event.
Maybe Sogdiana could become a merchant republic after solidifying relations with a European republic?
As for Tocharia, I'm unsure, a clone of Tibet is what fits them better.

It's happening.

NGF is going to stomp you

I'm Russia's ally.

They have a truce with Russia

Only until January 21 1871. By the time it's justfied, they're truce will be off. I wanted to get this going as soon as possible because everyone's been taking pieces of ottoman. England and egypt were just bullying them. They also are not a global power anymore.

*their

Am I misreading this?

Basically it means that you're producing less food so you make less money in those provinces that produce that good.

Get the fuck out of North America and I’m okay with this.

Are there any good fantasy mods for EU4? I don't like lotr and I'm pretty sure that fallout mod looks like garbage even though it has a high rating.

Does VeF crash on EU IV newer than 1.17, because I'd rather wait for an update to the mod than go back and find a torrent for an older version.

Thank God for the Bulgarian hordes

Does vanilla make Russia really powerful or something? Because if Russia is anything like it is in HPM, the NGF will maul it.

HPM hugely nerfs Russia, in Vanilla its something like a 50/50 shot who wins.

I never got a chance anyway because Russia went to war with the Ottomans again before my justification was done.

Damn, I haven't seen that in years. I remember when simply mentioning it triggered /gsg/ to no end.

Because it's dogshit?

This time it's really happening.

fuck off with theatrical spam

i have removed kebab

So quick question that's triggering my shit.

In the 1.7 Kaiserreich mod, the name of the German l-arm and arm units aren't showing up for the specific German ones (Pzkwg, Panther, etc), and only for the German ones.

It works fine for the French, British, Canadian, Russian, even Prussian units. I'm not sure how many other nations have that specific detail added in, but since I don't know anything about Darkest Hour or HoI modding, I don't know where to check for the error and fix it manually.

What's wrong with it?

Even after 100 years this map is still fucking disgusting.

thats the minus of early starts. everything is fucked.

I started in 1337 because I wanted to turn a few countries pagan before I started in EU4. I have no idea what the fuck the byzantines did though

When I try to justify a CB there are no CBs I can possibly generate. It's just blank.

You know, after all this time of lurking /gsg/, I still don't understand why early game bordergore isn't considered an acquired taste, even as much as I like pixel perfect borders. It's not like it's entirely inaccurate to the times, it's just what happens when you throw history into the blender of non-deterministic causality. The earlier you start, the more breakpoints you end up with. And frankly, I find that there's something strangely alluring about the explosive breakup of a million Francias while the world is totally swamped in heresies and resurgent pagans all butchering each other without rhyme or reason. It's comfy. Like taking a scuba dive through Chernoybl's long dehydrated nuclear sewage. You're going to die, but it's well worth it.

Yeah, that's the thing that annoys me with border purists, for most of the periods covered by this game, there was no detailed political map-making and the holdings of nobles could be very scattered and fucky, the concept of territorial integrity wasn't developed like it was now, so in actuality bordergore was pretty historical.

I'd be okay with "border gore" in the first two pics. The twisted, narrow bits of territory reflect any number of factors like geography, strategically important holdings, or maybe the extent that a particularly ambitious baron or bishop could exert influence over. Contrast that with the retarded border gore that actually happens in these games and it doesn't reflect the qualities of realistic "border gore." Instead of the intricacies of a highly fragmented political landscape, we get big dumb blobs, snakes, and random exclaves across half the globe that can't even hope to be realistically governed.

Yeah, granted, pic 4 is horrendous. Horde explosions are awful. Pic 3 isn't that bad as far as Europe goes if one doesn't demand a contiguous France beside that awful mess of Galicia-Volhynia. But that case might be because of province size. The farther east you go, the bigger and emptier stretches of territory get, with little attempt made to granulate them, if I'm not mistaken. Thus, statelets that look bigger than they really are, and make for physically far apart exclaves that as far as the systems are concerned are quite near to each other.

To be fair to the exclaves, you do have the Spanish Netherlands right there. How much of a decentralized shitshow was it, anyways? Wrong language, far apart, Habsburg taint spreading, the later potato dynasty Spaniards, I've never given that mess much of a look. I think the potato came a bit after the rest, I'm probably mixing things up.

Province size has a lot to do with it. Things would be much better if each city, fort, or castle had its own "zone of influence" and those would be "provinces." Though that would be absurdly intensive as far as processing goes if it were faithfully represented on a global scale, so it'd probably be restricted to a particular region (think roughly like Sengoku).

As far as the Spanish Netherlands goes, it was difficult to manage throughout Spain's possession of it. To reinforce that point, one only need consider the fact that the Dutch Republic was for a time a part of the Spanish Netherlands. And that exclave is only about 1000 kilometers away and accessible by sea during the Age of Sail. Imagine a landlocked exclave on the other end of Europe, especially for CK2's time period. That's the kind of exclaves I despise.

Paradox games are already absurdly intensive out of sheer inefficiency. I imagine a competent team could get Paradox levels of stability out of such an endeavor, or actual stability at Paradox's level of complexity.

Beside making it rather trivial to do whatever one wants through sheer game length, what's your opinion on Charlememe's universally severe timeline breaking? In spirit, and in actual practice?

It's absolute dogshit. The Abblobsids never die, Vikings never amount to anything, and the Russian area is always terrible looking. Though I haven't played the Charlemagne start more than twice on the account of finding the start conditions fairly stale. After a few hundred years the world doesn't even resemble a vaguely possible timeline, player's absurdity notwithstanding.
It's baffling really, considering that Old Gods start is only 100 years later, yet it manages to provide a somewhat acceptable timeline break. It's still a very large break most of the time, don't get me wrong, but it's almost vaguely believable sometimes. And even if it's not, it's usually a fun ride getting there. Charlemagne start somehow manages to lack both fun and credibility.

Really? I thought they tended to hold strong for a bit, wreck Spain a bit harder than usual because of shit modeling of Asturia's claims leading to them getting shit all for levies, before then suffering the historical Islamic syndrome of caliphates usurping caliphates usurping caliphates, except in Charlemagne they tend never to be able to reunite properly (more than usual) and instead wage war on each other for much the rest of the ame. Must've been a fluke in my perusings.

Granted. Since there's no player direction and Christianization tends to stall and fail, it leads to a lot of tribal states, little to no progress on feudalization, and lots of transient superstates that last all of a week. Which is sort of fun.

Hard for that not to be the case when they're the first coherent stop beside the Tarim Basin & farthest eastern Finno-Ugrics (Mordvins, I think?) to get skullfucked by every horde, while occasionally getting preyed upon by other pagans or rarely northern crusaders. Plus the different subethnicities that get absorbed into Rus being their own would-be kingdoms and all the claimants that come with them before the big Ilmenian-Severian-Volhynian smelting, if I'm not mistaken.

I like it when it goes good, or when I've seen it go good, at least. Balkanization after balkanization. France explodes into infinite Karling statelets, the Germans split north and south between paganry & Christianity, moreso if Saxony survives by player intervention or mutual AI retardation, the myriad caliphates butcher one another time after time, Spain becomes a field of blood and murder and re-re-reconquistas, Byzantium limping on a little better than OTL but harassed by Avars, Arabs, Turks and Magyars (if the latter survive) while the Khazars establish a marauding Jewish butcher-state hated by everyone around them until they get partition-shoah'd, northern central and all of Eastern Europe waging never ending brother wars over slightly different interpretations of the Indo-European pantheon, and there's always the possibility that the Zunbils or Persians might buck the trends of Islamization and become a new, competitive blob to the Musulmans. Really, the way it sounds, the main problems with the start are that Islam doesn't lose enough steam while the AI doesn't know how to get Europe advancing at all at any (near) historical or above pace, only one well underneath both. Solve those, and the gore can commence in full without guilt or grief as long as the player isn't totally gamey about it.

The only universally uninteresting part in theoretical spirit and practice is India, because there's only ever really two states for India, and those are a heinous mass of rainbow vomit transient princely states all vying to be the big guys and a united Indian subcontinent, with a transitionary state of a few big fat empire/kingdom class states that usually collapse into the former rather than becoming the latter. All of which is a bit too much of a clusterfuck for Mamluks to become a thing. But that's what happens with India in every start. They only really exist as an Alexandrian marker of 'look, here's as far as you can go in this timeframe,' rather than as a bridge between the Western world and the Far East of huge stagnant Chinese states and their tributaries, just waiting for an insane blobber to go and break up or accidentally wake into chasing down every barbarian Westward that they can find. But god, with how bad India is, that'd be a mess for performance. Nevermind that the Chinese had this funny habit of burning previous dynasties' records, meaning blindfold-&-dartboard levels of province modeling are inevitable.

I shudder to think that Paradox would add China to CK2.

Sooner or later, it's going to happen. They'll put their D-team on it, very slowly mapping shit out, writing Sinophile events, and total neglection of Indochina & Siberia, some ebin memery ala reference to running over peasant rebels with war carts or the obscure Zedong Dynasty of northern China, and the odd fantasy event, like meeting a Chinese dragon to get absurd bonuses in all categories like the Son of Satan line except without any drawbacks or mass chaos. And then they'll release it for at least $20 with zero bugfixes and enough performance drag from all game starts that they're forced to either finally optimize the game or abandon it totally for CK3 as based on the HoI4 engine, now with Guild Production modeling! And they won't bother to model Japan in spite of the proximity with a limp 'they isolated themselves' excuse, because that would take another DLCs' worth of work to get all the nuance in order, which is another DLCs' worth of potential profit, of course.

I think it's because by the Old God's start most of the important countries are there and you don't have fucking 5000 counties fucking each other over and forming these disgustingly shaped duchies and micro kingdoms everywhere.

Why the hell not. CK2 is not renowned for Historical accuracy. They threw that away with Sunset Invasion, where a bunch of mayans invade yurop.

I just want Harem Route expansion for CK2.

No you don't understand. It's not about the content, it's about the performance bombing of a generation. China would be neat to have in theory, but imagine India doubled.

To be fair, the game is pretty well optimized now.

Three times, actually. Plus Mongolia and Indochina and maybe the relevantly habitable parts of Siberia.

By what standard?

It ran like shit unless you forcibly removed the India part of the map, now it doesn't. Are there any standards to apply here?

That'd be the standard.

is ck2 ai supposed to be shit?

R8 my Netherlands game so far. Year is 1887.

In case you can't see, I built the Panama canal.

HPM, btw. Sorry for triple post.

Isn't china always bordergore, what with about a thousand little warlords?

The retarded thing about that game is that Russia can still get back from that and establish itself as a great power through war alone before time runs out.

Is there a good mod for EU 4 that makes it interesting?

Yes, it's called Veritas et Fortitudo.

Burying shit with more shit just makes a bigger, stinkier pile.

I have VIcky 2 and I'm looking for another GS game to fill up my time now that the winter break is coming. Is EU4 really that garbage?

yes.

I looked at Distant Worlds and it looks like some crazy shit. I tried HOI and I didn't like it.
Is there any new IP coming up?

I like it with Veritas et Fortitudo
you also get the opportunity to remove kebab
and make byzantium great again

t. byzantiumfag

not really
play aurora

Yes.

It looks like some Windows 98 game. Is it fun

Exquisite.

its more autistic then dwarf fortress and buggy as hell. but it is fun.

what's so fun about it?

In my CK2 playthrough the finland managed to form but they were pushed back down into estonia. After I converted to EU4 they manged to claim land in 'russia'

Bretty good, not so much bordergore and not disgusting china blobbing.

Saved.

What's the music that plays during the Byzantine part?

India is boring because there's no conflict. All the cultures can be easily put into two groups, unless you're really into the history, Aryans and Dravidians, and there aren't really many differences between them anyway or any feeling of conflict.

There's three religions, with no heresies or interesting mechanics, all in the same group, which don't really compete with each other. Muslims never, ever manage to invade Sind/Punjab. WTWSMS did something on that front: many Hindu heresies, Dravidian pagans and the Hunas invading.

This is my Persia so far.

Nice Persia, buddy.

10/10 Good job user, how help those Aryans remove kebab and steppenigger.

Right now all the steppeniggers but afghanistan are on good relations with me. I messed up in the beginning otherwise I would have swallowed them up during westernization. Now I'm debating whether they are worth the infamy or if I should just keep eating ottomans. I was planning to move into egypt too.

Make Papa Darius and Xerxes proud.

I'd grab Abu Dabi before those fucking brits snatch it up. You're gonna want that oil really fucking bad.

still worst anthem.

Fuck off you limey bastard.

Move the capital to its rightful place in Ctesiphon.

stay salty burger.

On it.

Welp, shit's almost done. Only factions for Ytarimypoy and Sogdhiana, as well as some stat balancing, remains to be implemented.

Manichaeism faith allows for both syncretic faith and personal deities, it comes with a plethora of events (one of which is a yearly fest and another one being a bi or tri-yearly alms donation as well as a buncha unremarkable flavor shit I discarded the ruler abdication event, felt it was too forced to suddenly give your ruler the opportunity of becoming a missionary)

Sogdiana and Ytarimypoy have custom government forms:
Sogdiana starts as an elective monarchy due to Sogdian 'states' being originally a patchwork of independent princelings ruling over trade hubs with no real central government (Let us say in GoB's timeline, the remaining Sogdians banded together); Ytarimypoy is your standard monarchy (Since there aren't much records of Tocharian kingdoms, I went for a normal, standard monarchy.) Although both can construct tradeposts thanks to their long history of commerce.
Between 1450~1600 the player will get an opportunity of becoming a 'Democracy' as Sogdiana (Parliamentary, 8 base states and trade-focused; minimum autonomy of 25 to reflect each province's 'independence' and 'autonomous tradition' since time immemorial Might lower it a bit, though; I think 25 if kinda high, in return for this autonomy, you will be able to have max base of 8 states [as opposed from the usual 5 base]) and a 'Theocracy' as Ytarimypoy (With a very-well alive and still-functioning nobility mind you, which will allow for royal marriages, sort of like royal marriages as republic, they won't produce heir but will get that nice relationship bonus) after meeting certain requirements (retarded ruler, completion of certain ideas such as trade or religious and the conquest of provinces revolving around the original territories of their peoples.)

Also, I've added a nice path for a Chagataisplosion (since the guys are supposed to shit a bunch of hordes, along with our beloved Iranians, when breaking)

You were right user.

Poor little green blob

Squish!

noice. so whats next?

Noble, merchant and church factions for the new governments; ruler names and dynasties; bufixing and balancing.

I'll start messing with vinland for the next update.

New