Steins;Gate 0 thread

Can we talk about this instead of Final Fantasy XV?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!L1N1RbJJ!1kzr6iLtkJdzQwWfwZEcoroGrgsuIwTk_PytYSekC9I
sonome.dareno.me/
sonome.dareno.me/projects/sghd.html
mega.nz/#F!sQomHTCI!usn9V2rn29OVw8XwmIIwHA
sonome.dareno.me/)
telegram.me/addstickers/steinsgate0jp
discord.gg/HbX2g
discord.gg/XuwDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How's the english localisation. The wiki says

Steins;Gate 0 anime when

No because im avoiding spoilers

I want to cum inside tuturus hat

When's the PC release?

It sucks that the English Vita version requires Firmware 3.61. Hope somebody dumps the Japanese version with english text soon. Whatever happened to Vita Piracy threads?

Me too.

Wake me up when there's a torrent for the PC version.

Also, does anybody know where you can find the Japanese VPK of the vita version?

You sick Fuck.

VS

Gladly OP but you know how this games industry works. Don't expect the thread to move fast.

THERE ARE DOZENS OF US

I dont like the new art compared to the first one.

I'm checking all the usual pirate places frequently. There's already a TL patch.

Where?

I haven't seen actual in-game art but I have a concern about that too.
I really liked the style of the first and if the cover image is anything to go by, it's different and I'm not sure that's for the better.

mega.nz/#!L1N1RbJJ!1kzr6iLtkJdzQwWfwZEcoroGrgsuIwTk_PytYSekC9I
Here is a working English Patch, just tried it myself.
Menus are in japanese, but text is in English.

What I'm waiting for is a dump of the Japanese version with the patch applied for the Vita, or at least a dump of the Japanese vita version since I can't find it anywhere.

CAN'T WAKE UP

It's too late Amane, I'm already a demon.

this patch is
1) shit
2) won't be compatible with future good patch from sonome.dareno.me/

there's another shitty patch that will be at least compatible with good patch tho

but i'm too lazy to upload it

just be aware that there's a better patch coming and you'll probably need to start over when it comes out, since your TIPS are going to be messed up

(checked)
(checked)

Poor Okarin. Those time leaps fucked him up good.

;_;7

Well, there goes Firmware 3.60 on my Vita TV. I hardly used it anyways.

you're retarded tho
there's a patch for 3.60 jap version (it's shit, but it's the only available shit)

I already have both revisions of the vita. I didn't loose much.

oh
well you're not retarded then, sorry

I am retarded though. I could have fallen back on many alternatives such as
waiting for the official translation to come to PC and pirated that.
Gotten the PS4 version instead.
Watch a "walkthrough"on jewtube.
I could have done anything else, but I'm an impatient little bitch.

well official PC version is probably going to be worse than sonome.dareno.me/ patch

and their patch comes out SOON (tm)
probably some time near christmas tho

Not prompto's boypussy

also vns are not vidya

A VN has more gameplay than a game with no gamepley.

Some are.
No other place to discuss them anyway.

Yup

LEGAL LOLI

Here's a walkthrough and a flowchart I spliced together shittily.

Did it get an english pc release yet?

Read the thread, there are multiple English patches out.

Theres a bad one and a bad one thats compatible with a better one that probably will come out in a month.

Welp.
What is this anyway? A sequel? A reboot?

Weirdly its kind of a side story that explains the true ending of the last game.

you'll be able to find the files on nyaa probably and pirate it

Even FFXV is better than this piece of shit

also, SG0 is a prequel and a sequel in the same time
it continues after kurisu ending of first game, and eventually shows what happened until true end in first happened

AS FAR AS I KNOW IT

the game's good tho

Epic.

WAKE UP

still a shit patch
use it for now, but be sure to use sonome.dareno.me/ one when it comes out

What I'm using is basically the US Vita translation.

It does the trick for me in the meantime. I'm probably going to finish it before the US PC version comes out. Probably going to end up pre-ordering the limited edition like I did with the original PC release.

considering how horrible was SGHD on Steam, SG0 Steam will probably be worse than sonome patch

the guys working on it tho will work on an improvement patch for steam version when it comes out (just as they did with SGHD)

I've never played the original SteinsGate. Whats the best way to play it?

I didn't touch the Steam edition so I wouldn't know. I got it from one of early copies from JBox.

right now - steam edition + sonome.dareno.me/projects/sghd.html

you can get steam edition at cs.rin.ru

that version's fine too, at least it's physical

I'm quite jealous user.
I only played S;G relatively recently so I never got the chance.
I think I might the LE for this one though.

Does anybody else get this error? I tried both girlcelly's verison and 2D.G.F. version they both give the same error via launcher. Launching via game.exe just says I need to start from the launcher.

I have the locale and everything in Japenese as well btw.

I only got that error when I tried dumping the entire Vita's USRDIR into the PC versions folder. Don't add all of them, Just add these two files into the USRDIR and you should be fine.
mega.nz/#F!sQomHTCI!usn9V2rn29OVw8XwmIIwHA

No this happens even if I don't apply the english patch. I installed the game, ran via launcher, and I get this error. Tried freshly reinstalling twice now, with both versions. It just refuses to work. Google turns up nothing.

You're using a different version from what I'm using. Mine I didn't have to install. Here's a link to the version I'm using. If this doesn't work Then I don't know what I can do for you.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:23ce4c7cf85b9ea689badc7ef08e2be10e0d500e&dn=STEINS%ef%bc%9bGATE%200%20%20for%20Windows%20PC%20%2b%20%e5%90%8c%e6%a2%b1%e7%89%b9%e5%85%b8&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce

Slip of the tongue. I tried that version already. Thanks for the help anyway.

remove all that non-latin symbols from your game paths

the game doesn't need jap locale

Damn game awards show slowing down all the other threads.

That did the trick. Thanks mate.

Just finished reading it and getting all the endings. What a trip.

In the true ending, what was supposed to change with Okabe going back in time when all he needed to do was send the D-mail?
Anybody else have any questions?

If you could send a single D-mail to the past, what would it be and to whom?

I'd probably send one to myself telling myself to become fashy earlier and to not lie with any of the wenches I have.

I would send one to my mother to tell me not to give birth to me or to Trump to tell him to hurry up being president.

bamp

I fell in love with her instantly. Legal loli, messy, cute as heck and has a good head on her shoulders as long as nobody brainwashes it.

Also

it's been a fun ride.

I've gotten all endings but Mayuri/True ending which I will get tomorrow. Wish me luck, guys.

Out of curiosity (and to keep the thread alive) what's the best PC version of Steins;Gate to direct people to?

I played the Vita version (JAST translation) and I want to share an experience similar to that.

I would just hate to rant and rave about my love for Steins;Gate only for a friend to find some inferior version out their with subpar internetting skills and fail to see the appeal and/or write it off as something it's not.

>That part where she holds Okabe's hands and tells you to not tell her about him killing Kurisu because she doesn't want to see him cry

bump

Jast pc is fine
Steam with patches that fix shit for that sweet sweet HD Mayuri.

Mayuri needed to slap Okabe before he'll listen to the video.

Then why does Okabe need to go to the past?
Didn't Mayuri go back to the past for that already

Likely next year

Wait a second. This can't be correct. I was pretty sure on this world line there was already a version on PC. What year is it?

Got a source? And I hope someone manages to dump and firmware free patch the english version. It probably would be the nice scenario.

Also, I hope someone translates the chaos:head games and builds patches for the vita versions.

Look at Nyaa faggot.

No, the time machine's battery failed due to disuse, this is explained in the true ending. Both Mayuri and Suzuha were drifting on the Event Horizon.

I thought that it failed because it got hot with a rocket

The one that was hit by a rocket was overwritten when Okabe time leaped, since it was the same world line.

Want your mine to get blown?

A common theory between some uber-fans (people like Steiner) is that the Mayuri in those weird dreams on that desolate area in the first Steins;Gate is actually the Mayuri from the true ending in Steins;Gate 0. Those memories are from the event horizon.

The official Western release
Stop being an obtuse nigger

he meant official english PC release

it's on nyaa
that patch should only be used as temporary for PC, since for pc there's a better patch coming (sonome.dareno.me/)
but for ps3/vita it's pretty much the only option, and it's a better TL port for those platforms anyway

also fags, i ported those stickers from in-game to telegram telegram.me/addstickers/steinsgate0jp
feel free to use that shit

It makes perfect sense. When you think about what happens in the dream and how time slows down closer to the event horizon. Did the writers actually foreshadow events from the second game

Before Steins;Gate 0 came out, there was a drama CD that was canon that explained a bit of what happened with Mayuri and Suzuha in the Event Horizon. So, it's been in the writers minds for a while. I'll have to replay that one section and take some screencaps, I feel like I'll get chills after having read 0.

Also, it's worth noting that Steins;Gate 0 takes context from a variety of side-stories and builds upon them, tying them to the main plot. Besides the Drama CD, there's some LNs they build upon too. It really does make sense that they might've foreshadowed it.

I sometimes call Indian tech support scammers and get off while talking to them. Some of those women have cute voices and it's fun to bully them.

MAHO ROUTE WHEN?

MahOkabe OTP

Kind of annoying that the uploader doesn't let me make the thumbnails large enough for me to read the text.

Oh god, I just realized something else about the Steins;Gate 0 ending that I didn't even think about…

God this game is a masterpiece.

Going to the Event Horizon to save Mayuri and Suzuha so they could reach Steins;Gate was just part of Steins;Gate 0 Okabe's plan. Once he lets the path to Steins;Gate open, he knows that Reading Steiner will activate for HIM and he'll be thrust into the Steins;Gate universe in 2025. However, getting stuck in the Event Horizon would prevent that from happening, as it's not a World Line, but rather a portion of the universe outside of it all.

What kind of time traveler are you?

… back to /test/ it is then …

EL PSY CONGROO

From the very first moment I saw Mayuri I disliked her. If she were a real person I'd feel bad about hating her, but as it is I have no issues with absolutely hating everything about her.

Kurisu I warmed up to, but didn't like at first. A lot like Okabe.

But Maho… love at first sight, every time.

b-bump?

Why didn't the English release come with a download code for the PS4 version of the first game like the Jap version did?

nigga you serious? its in the file name.

No idea. Pretty sure you can't just buy the nip PS4 version, either.

In and out of several, but don't post much.

So I just finished S;G0, true ending.

Anyone else feel like the ending was really easy to predict? I mean, I already knew he was going to press on as Venom "Punished" Okabe and send the video message - in a way, it's almost like Promised Rinascimento is where the meat of the game is, everything past it is sort of pointless because we already know that Okabe's just going to send that message through and be the man who sold the world.

We should also not forget that Maho suddenly takes Makise's place in future Okabe's heart without any trouble? I feel like the new characters introduced are forced really poorly, I saw Leskinen and knew that the "big nice american man" was actually not "big nice american man" right from the get-go. And Judy Reyes was a fucking joke of a character, what was her defining feature as an antagonist? Oh yeah - incompetence. I'm starting to dislike S;G 0 the more I think about the story, whereas before after playing through the first, I found it nearly impossible to poke at the plot. It's almost like every significant addition to S;G 0 was ultimately pointless, way too easily read, or possibly ignored due to the literal "zero" shaped structure of the plotline. I honestly think someone could've just said "After that okabe goes through more time shit and sends the message to himself" and I would've felt more complete than sitting through Vega and Altair's mary sue kagari mowing down stormtroopers.

And I'm not done yet; Why the fuck does Kagari decide to be someone else? Why is she just an insane mary sue? Why not just exclude her from the true ending arc like she honestly should have been? They already ignored moeka's existence, she has no purpose other than being another faceless antagonist - they might as well have given it back to the Payday gang in the opposite arc, because at fucking least they had a coherently written plan about them.

And in closing, after all of that nitpicking… After hearing that WW3 is the end result of the beta worldline, and that it happens REALLY FUCKING SOON, don't you think Okabe might've picked up the god damn pace? Not sit on his ass for a year? I know the guy's beat, and I can take some self pity, but he's in a good mood - HE EVEN FUCKING EXPERIENCES CHERNOBYL IN X-DAY PROTOCOL, AND THINKS "GEE BILL, THERE'S NO ISSUE IN ME JUST SITTING ON MY ASS FOR 6 MONTHS LETTING AN UNNECESSARY CLIMAX BUILD UP WHEN CLEAR AND PRESENT URGENCY WERE JUST PUSHED DOWN MY THROAT!

I'm fucking livid that this was ultimately structured so poorly. There was just so much unnecessary fluff added, and it can be done right - don't get me wrong. But this was just poor execution. 100% of the story is told on the main end arc, the rest is just complete ridiculous horse shit. We don't even get the opportunity to hug Maho any more than once.

Excellent points. Throughout the game I always felt something was off. I didn't get this feeling from the original, even though you can find stuff to nitpick in the original as well, it's not nearly as in your face as this one. Not to mention I hate the new art. Steins;Gate had this signature unique art, it was really one of a kind. With the new art I feel they really ruined that.

Atleast use sage you newfags

The art would be permissable if it were more consistent, instead, they willingly intermixed the old, watercolor stylized art with new modern animu ascetics that really interact poorly with one another.

Despite genuinely disliking my end experience, I feel like I at least got what I came for - it was indeed pretty good when it needed it to be, but all the good is on the left side of the arc, the right side all the way down to milky way crossing is both short and unnecessarily long at the same time.

Dragged out scenes (and literal repetition if you tried gehenna's stigma) for no reason at all, while still having little to no real content to speak of, and only ever covering content we already knew from numerous points prior on either the left side, or gehenna's stigma.

if you are looking for a justification for your 5k hours spent in dota grinding mmr, you will get none here. Its a shit game, a cesspool that attracts the most cancerous, plebian layers of society.

I'm not even sure why you bothered playing at this point wwwww

No?

My little base.

for some reason my Seamoth just despawned, I have no idea why, had to spawn a new one with console

There was a cancelled Rockstar game called We Are The Mods, it was basically a sequel/spiritual successor to The Warriors which took place in the UK during the 60s.

Well maybe instead some effort should've been put into writing something more creative than what would've come easiest? Why not instead have Okabe push himself into a different Stein's Gate related to the Beta worldline to accommodate his new friends? We already know that worldlines are infinite, Fuck me lad, why not replace Gehenna's Stigma with another actually bad ending where Okabe actually snaps and sticks himself into that "million-billion leap" search for the perfect world?

You know what I think? I think it would have been a good time for Okabe to just push the rules of the attractor whoosie-mcguffins to the side and do something actually insane, if anyone can beat 'god', it's the man who sold the world.

I wonder, do you ever miss that spoon when you remember the other worldlines?

The shitpost bot actually has a point here…

What game is he talking about?

checks out

Skyrim. He's talking about how Alduin in the opening scene is literally on the tower by the time Legate Rikke or someone says that it's in the clouds. I just wanna play make believe shitpost pseudo roleplay in this thread though, so lets just stay "on topic" :^)

Who are you?

Was she designed by Nomura?

See Majora's Mask.

Somebody very close.

Hey - Hey! You're either an imposter, or me from - er, sometime that isn't technically now.

Quit killing the flow, man? Are you trying to see what a paradox is like?

Paradoxes are impossible. Everything that you think is impossible is possible. If a paradox were to happened then it would have already happened. It's simple logic.

cos its the 13th century duh, get with the times

Hugo was always the most fun character in every roster he's in, in my opinion to be honest familia

Well we know this already, Hey, Mongolian Spot, give this guy a serious tongue-lashing, or something.

This makes me curious, though, which worldline are you from?

How do you know about alternate worldlines? Who told you? Do you know who John Titor is?

Of course I know who John Titor is, you know who she is too. Let me guess, still stuck on SERN? Whereabouts are you on the trip, "Lintahlo?"

I hope you made it to Steins Gate by now too.

CLOSE.

So I'm guessing that I'm on the beta wordline. I'm thinking we should continue this conversation on RINE. Too many eyes here.

Damn right

What, you don't like a little casual shitpost roleplay in the flavor of our favorite mongolian wall painting characters? Nobody here is going to pay attention.

If you're serious, though…

discord.gg/HbX2g

Its clearly abandoned, just go inside and loot

This is on topic and we cannot argue this.

Valve, like any other company, diversifies when they first get big. Apple started making ipods, then iphones, now is moving to streaming and cars. It does not mean it works out all of the time as you can see with Valve.

Hey, you can come along too if you want. You can find out who we both are, no bad endings or nothing!

Magic is for elves and milk-drinkers (aka cucks)

I agree, Christina.

imb4 Wii U version will run at solid 60fps at 1080p.

There are none, the whole genre is shit of one type or another.

Hoping the first episode of VII remake comes out next year

I know it was bad, man, but come off of it.

No

Pc release when?

SSX Tricky
Aggressive Inline
SkyGunner
Viewtiful Joe
Kingdom Hearts 1

it happens :)

I enjoyed the game, exploring the world with a giant puppy was really cool.

What you say is true but I still enjoy the appeal of building my wastleland tree fort. No Prestons Allowed.

If that's the case then I take that statement back, but that doesn't change the fact that trophies are not difficult at all to think up if you're forced to do so. You can literally just make them "Beat chapter 1, 2, 3, etc." if you don't care enough to come up with something worthwhile. And exclusive content is never anything that great anyway that it makes or breaks a release. Only thing I can think of that was both cool and console exclusive was the Joker in Batman: Arkham Asylum. That was almost 8 years ago.

At least it was better than Spyro Enter the Dragonfly. Speaking of when are Activision going to remaster the PS1 Spyro trilogy?

But there's an harpoon tho.

The overall plot is pretty dumb and has some holes
S;G was far more consistent

And power armor too.
I think.

Do you really think there was any pressing hardware reason Dark Souls III couldn't have run on a PS3

There are none, the whole genre is shit of one type or another.

Don't do side quests.
They all shit.

no penis

FOUR

And also a shit character

discord.gg/XuwDQ

Venom loved quiet and they smooched all the time.

fuck you piece of shit and your ASSFAGGOTS
delete this thread

bampin

Am I really the only person here that likes Maho?

No, she's best girl.

It really feels like that instead of making a good story, the game tried it's hardest to close all the plot holes and answer all the questions from the original. However, there's still just too many inconsistencies - and at times, the game keeps introducing more plot holes as it goes on.

For example, in Kurisu End, Okabe goes through 3000 fucking time leaps to go back to 1/30. How the fuck did he get Maho to build him a time machine every time? Didn't she go back to America at some point? How does Okabe survive all that without going mad like in Suzuha ending in the original? Not even a trace of physical/emotional trauma.

Amadeus call in the Daru hideout is used as a trigger for a bad ending in the Mayuri route. Did nobody tell them that you can track phones with GPS with modern technology if you know a phone number? Amadeus should have Okabe's phone number - and even if it didn't, basic information gathering could have uncovered that - it was Stratfor that they were dealing with.

While we're talking about Stratfor, why the fuck are they using the same tactics as Rounders? One is a rag-tag group of indoctrinated virgin NEETs and another is a fucking SHADOW SUBSET OF AN AMERICAN INTELLIGENCE AGENCY. The trap scene in Kurisu route. How the FUCK did that happen? If they used MULTIPLE PEOPLE with GUNS it would be over in a flash.

Another thing that I never got over with - why the FUCK did Okabe never got charged for murder? There should have been at least an attempt at investigation - Okabe left plenty of evidence that he was there. Bad, evil and terrible people could blackmail Okabe and Nakabachi with a threat of imprisonment if they didn't help build a time machine - or something like that, anyway. It's a valid plot point and it wasn't even mentioned once, only that "some thief" did this - nobody from the cast even batted an eye on that. I mean, holy shit I'm mad, they just handwaved it.

It was already mentioned in the thread, but how the FUCK Okabe spends A MONTH RUNNING FOR HIS FUCKING LIFE, SEES PEOPLE DYING LEFT AND RIGHT, GOES INTO AN AMERICAN CAR WHILE SOMEONE THAT HE WAS HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH GETS GUNNED DOWN FOR SAYING THAT HE'LL DIE IF HE GOES WITH THEM, TALKS WITH AMADEUS, GOES BACK SOMEHOW (STILL UNEXPLAINED) AND GOES "THIS IS FINE. LET'S SPEND THE REST OF MY PEACETIME NOT DOING SHIT." HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN

SPEAKING OF WHICH, HOW DID YOU CHANGE WORLD LINES IN THE KURISU ROUTE ANYWAY? I GET THAT THE FIRST ONE IS FROM RUSSIA'S FUCKERY, BUT HOW THE FUCK DID IT CHANGE WHEN AMADEUS ASKS YOU TO HELP? EVEN IGNORING THAT, WHEN OKABE GETS BOOTED TO ALPHA ATTRACTOR FIELD AKA KURISU SCENE AKA BEST SCENE IN THE GODDAMN GAME, HOW DOES SHE SEND THE D-MAIL WITHOUT ALERTING THE ECHELON THUS INVALIDATING FUCKING EVERYTHING OKABE DONE TO GO TO BETA SEKAISEN? YOU DID NOT USE A D-MAIL TO GO FROM ALPHA TO BETA, YOU WIPED SERN'S DATABASE. THIS IS MORE PLOT HOLES AND THE STORY IS NOT EVEN THAT GOOD.

I didn't get any endings aside from Kurisu and True end. Does more shit get explained or is it fucked? For instance, it was never explained what happened to that grill who got the Reading Steiner encewhatever "disease". Did she get mindraped?

Let me rephrase that:

Am I the only one here that is OBSESSED with Maho?

Suzuha said that it was the Russians experimenting with a time machine

No
life long lolis are a rarity and need to be thoroughly appreciated

It may have been true when Russians turned themselves into Soviets, but there was literally no reason for them to do the opposite. They were ahead in Time Machine research.

only one I've ever heard of irl is some brazillian pornstar

it's neat that it can happen but it's harder to find than hen teeth

The ending is easy to predict because, if you got the true ending in S;G, you should already know what happens. S;G0 is more about the how/why than the what, it's how Okabe picks himself up after the bad ending to help himself reach Steins Gate.
The new characters felt forced to an extent, but at least the important ones (Maho/Les) were fleshed out. At the very least Maho's addition to the plot made the story a lot more interesting, giving some insight about how others see Kurisu, Maho gets a full arc anyway. I will add that Amadeus addition as more of a plot device than as an actual interesting character was supremely disappointing.
Kagari was 100% bullshit, though. Why she looks like Yuki in the end, then lives until 2025 and looks normal in the true ending makes no fucking sense to me. Although I guess her looking like Yuki explains how the motorcycle girl could be the Kagari in one timeline but Yuki in the other.
I don't know if Suzuha knew when WW3 starts, just that it did sometime around 2015. It could even be the Lab Mem's meddling that hastened it. Okabe also completely gave up when S;G0 starts, he convinced himself there was nothing he could do to reach Steins Gate and only decided he could do it once Kyouma returns.

Maho is cute! CUTE!

Nullpo

How messy is her hair, really? I wonder how tangled it is.

You'd probably have to spend an hour or two to untangle it all.

I'd love to do it, if only for the cute little noises she'd make every time I hit a snag.

GAH

it's nurupo u friggin nerds

If you're a weeb it is.

probably Daru averted that shit

I THINK YOU MEAN OTAKU

I THINK YOU MEAN BY PAC-MAN, YOU MEAN PACKING A GUN IN MY LUNCH BOX SO I CANS HOOT UP THE FUCKING SCHOOL.

Reyes please get out of here. No one cares about a husk

Reyes was such a hamfisted character.

Just finished playing through the first one, and every ending is satisfying in its own way except Ruka's, because his doesn't deal with the issue of the D-mails being in SERN's system and Moeka knowing about Time Leaps.

So, do you people think the series is finished now or do you think they're going to milk it one more time? If they do, I hope we delve further into Kagari because she was really the only character who felt severely lacking in everything due to how they presented her. I was originally thinking she was just a straight up clone of Kurisu at first, but instead we got literally nothing out of her

She's not even slightly interesting.

I'd like to see a full-fledged post-Kurisu Mayuri route, a Maho route, and a world line where Moeka isn't either completely fucked or dead