Modern Game Sizes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHY IS THIS FUCKING ALLOWED

Man, why did you even bother making this thread.

Gotta make software fast.
Not gotta make software good.

for you

Because you can't stream games off of disks anymore. They started giving you the option last gen starting in like 2011 and now it's mandatory. Bf1 couldn't be loaded off a disk like that for example. That's why pc hasn't used disks in literally 16 years

At least Xbox One lets you attach and swap external hard drives unlike penis4.

Piipoo also lets you do this but it only has gay nintenyearold games anyway.

why? the only game that is in anyway interesting is KI and that is on the PC as well. You didn't really buy an entire console with NSA spying and always online shit just to play a game you could play on the PC did you?

Do these devs think everyone has fucking google fiber or something?

I have a 35 gig monthly limit, which is the best I can get where I live.

life is hell.

Put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger

How do you expect him to buy a gun when he just wasted his money on an xbox?

Why?

How is that even possible

Modern games are shit, so how does this affect you?

Seems like the skill of developers has decreased over time in general.

250gb is plenty for most games if you're willing to delete old shit occasionally.

so you're saying you can only have 2-3 games installed when after installing you have to wait for hours for the game to patch until it's playable?

Are Devs this fucking stupid? Why do they do this shit?

The only games that should be that big are ones you can mod.

can't you use external hdds to play games off of?

I got a 250gb SSD and besides the OS the only games that I managed to install on it were Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3 and Sims 3.

Windows should be, what, ~30gb after a while and Sims 3 is bloated as fuck with all the DLC I guess.

Don't have pleb internet then.
t. 100mbit/s master race

Yeah Sims is what takes up most of the space, but the performance gain is worth it imo

$10 says devs are persuaded to maximize their hard drive footprint to incentivize the purchasing of higher capacity consoles.

That's the problem, not the game sizes.

I refuse to believe that microsoft doesn't cap your DL speed.

TIL how to trigger Holla Forums; tell them you bought an Xbone.

That gave you away user, nice try though you almost had me

Looks like my digits are more interesting

Not really

At least I am not 1 off

behold these digits

You deserve to be their bitch.

I refuse to upgrade to Windows 10, and I had a friend to game share with.

I did too

I played Battleborn on it over the summer

Majority of modern vidya's space being taken up is uncompressed sound and the stupid fucking megatextures meme that a lot of developers have bought into.

Made me look it up.

I've got a gaming PC too.

I keep all my images for posting on an 8GB flash drive, sue me

Modern devs dont compress their audio files
You could reduce a ton of the bloat if they werent a bunch of lazy fucks and pajeets

Honestly, if the Xbone followed more in the 360's footsteps it would be alright. It's no SNES or TurboGrafx/PC-Engine, but there are a fair few shmups for the console.

The 360 actually had a good start, it wasn't until 2011 that it basically killed all its momentum.

So how do we make AAA/AA devs stop doing this? Indie devs don't do this for obvious reasons but how do we stop this jewish influence in vidya?

what was wrong with other games

You don't deserve those trips.

Interesting fact: that pedo used to let kids touch his dick when he was a teacher in kindergarten. Now he's got a comfy chair at the european parliament.

Dear God, how does one fall this low?

I only play one game at a time. I also actually finish that game before I buy/play another one.

I know that's rare nowadays.

This happens because we have too many hardware manufacturers and too many developers in gaming. I've been told if you cut all the stuff that's not game related from the latest Deus Ex game you can reduce its size from like 60 gb to 20 gb. Those are all voices, documentaries, books, and shit no one cares about, but they have to be there because gaming companies are employing people who do shit that has nothing to do with videogames.

The worst part of all is that you can't delete install data separately from patch data. If I need to clear space for a new game (which is bullshit in the first place), I could deal with the prospect of only having to reinstall the game I'm deleting the next time I want to play it because installing is relatively quick.

But for some retarded reason, I'm also obligated to simultaneously delete all patch, update, and DLC data along with the install data, and THAT will take fucking forever to redownload next time I want to play the game because every fucking game has a bloated 15 GB day one patch these days just to make it playable.

You are the cancer youself, so you have no right to complain about cancer.

Kill yourself.

How many different games do you play in a week?