No Man's Sky

I wonder why they haven't just straight up given up yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/HaTuN
archive.is/YLBpj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good question, why haven't you given up yet?

But there are some 3000 people playing it still. It's not dead yet. Please play ;_;

POST YFW YOU DIDN'T BUY NU-MALES SKY

I don't even know anyone that bought it, all I see is piles and piles of copies sitting in every game store I visit.

Sony put so much advertisement time into them, if they don't manage to pull some kind of profit, their lives are likely forfeit.

I haven't paid attention to this shitshow but is there any info on the reason for all the cut features? Was Murray just a big jew or did they get jewed by Sony pushing for release before it was done?

At least they finally lowered the price.

How far did you get? I got about 20ish minutes in until I was able to get my ship to fly, before uninstalling it in disgust at discovering that in-atmo flight was completely "on rails".

Oh, they have given up, but they're pretending to still work on it properly.

You could ask the same of Starbound.

What's the point of this? You have to fuck off from the planet anyway, why fucking settle on it? What self defeating idea is this?

In all honesty, anyone who admits to buying this game should be banned. They clearly don't fit in here.

Who's fucking shit idea was this? Are they that desperate to add content?

The people who whined about how the game wasn't what they wanted/"what the devs promised" even though if they did basic research into the game they'd have known that's not what it was about

Obviously the goal of the game is exploring the galaxy and finding stuff on trillion of planets so they added an option to spend several hours building a shitty base on a planet you're going to leave and never return anyway

the game is single player. what does it make a difference for you or other average player if the game is abandoned or trillions of people are playing it?

The same morons that thought it smart to keep silent in the crucial post release weeks instead of staying engaged with the community and giving them a (fictional) roadmap of improvements.

Hello Games is not staffed with smart people.

Pretty much. All the whiners claiming that the game was released before all the features had been implemented are full of shit. What they got was everything HG managed to make in the years they spent developing the game. This update is just a cynical attempt on their part to ride on popular trends and give a pretense of substance.

Didn't Mark buy it or was that another recent shitty game ?

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

No they didn't, it's autumn sale

At least Starbound is FUN.

Yea, no.

It actually is, though.

It's light on content but it's fun.

It's 2D NMS. Same sort of numale beta devs, same lack of compelling gameplay.

It's an strategy from sony so they can get a game of the year award.

I mean, look at it, just as we are close to the date for this event, they have said that they will continue developing the game.

And also just mere days from the event, the ASA investigation for fraudulent marketing done by Hello Games is done and they said they didn't find anything false in their claims in the ads for the game.

Mark my words: as soon as the goty awards finish, the game will again be left to rot, with max 1 update adding something useless

…nevermind, i thought the game was nominated

thank god

I love him. He is the best boy.

I believe that was Dark Souls 3

The devs are responsible for it, they created a tech demo that looked good in trailers without actually having anything else, and generated so much hype around lies. Sony saw the hype and probably had faith in the devs that they are competent enough to finish with their funding, but they weren't. That's how I think it was.

When the first trailer came out, I put the game on my watchlist, because it looked interesting, but when they talked about it on E3 (I think it was around the time they released the second trailer?), I pretty much saw through their shit and expected it to turn out shit, because of all the "you can do everything" without explaining any gameplay mechanic.

WHAT WAS PROMISED

WHAT WAS DELIVERED

WHAT THIS UPDATE BRINGS

I'm honestly amazed they haven't just taken the money and ran. They are genuinely attempting to do damage control

It's questionable how money they got in light of Murray's twitter meltdown. It's pretty clear they are under a lot of pressure.

So, what's in the update?

It updates once you get to the center of the universe.

lol

I wasn't hyped at all and could see the train wreck coming a mile off but it still kind of hurts that the game was such a huge piece of shit. I played ten or so hours before uninstalling and one planet was really comfy and enjoyable to walk around in. For like 45 minutes I genuinely enjoyed the game but right after I decided to leave I was reminded how tedious it all is and quit.

But it actually has a meaningful form of conflict in the form of combat.

Granted 90% of enemies have piss-poor basic AIs and can only deal contact damage, it's a hell of a lot more than NMS offers.

And there are actual multiple weapon types to play with.

I'd say that the mods make it better, but there's only so much you can do when the base mechanics are so simple.

Starbound earns the greatest merit of "game that got worse and worse as it updated". It actually had fun, meaningful interesting lore until they tossed it all aside for a retarded Terran Protectorate that has more aliens than humans in it and a human antagonist that wants to kill all xenos by releasing the tentacle demon rape monster on fucking Earth for some fucking reason. Planets actually became homogeneized to the point where somehow every jungle planet in the game is fucking radioactive. Progression is being able to visit different-but-same planets again and again and talking to special snowflake NPCs who turn you into The Hero of Legend for being the last survivor with a Matter Manipulator because apparently everyone with a MM was confined to the TP, the Apex never developed a similar technology and nobody ever thought to smuggle one or make a copy.

Fucking christ it was the single stupidest shit ever and anyone who even comes close to defending Starbound deserves a permaban.

Come on user Im sure there are better games to do this

B-BUT user IT HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED

Back when it actually had Kluex, the Flightless, and the codexes with Greenfinger, Big Ape and Thornwing, the Glitch and the Florans decimating the Hylotl homeworld it was a different quirk and kinda unique. Then they added Novakids and never expanded the lore on the Hylotl. Then the lead writer left and all they had left was a single coder and like fifty pixel artists so that every "update" was just a shitton of cosmetics.

Oh man my favorite.

pirated it played it for a few hours flew to a few planets explored named dug shit made dosh upgraded shit. went like fuck this shit is pretty repeative and will take some time uninstalled.
learn of some easy ways to make dosh ie the bright balls of light or other shit make mad cash upgrade slots on gun and suit ground threats are zero now thou the big lazer walker is pretty easy to cheese with los.
see how much dosh you need for ships start earning for 25ish slot ship from base Dlc ship the version came with. give up uninstalled again
reinstalled for the third time, seeing i can easily burn thru upgrades in a few hours and learn of way to easily upgrade ship which is the crash ship and the npc who can be repeated over and over again get maxxed ship in about 1 hour. so from start to fully max took me a 3-4 hours time another hour after that to find the mats to deck out the suit gun and ship cause all the little quest shits are fucking easy and repeat.
spent a solid 4-5 days playing the piece of shit knew the atlas can make you jump to the center in a few jumps say fuck it stock up on warp cores cause i had shit ton of room to start flying to the center for like hours and had to pitstop like so many times thinking i'd never get there with max warping distance uninstalled and looked up the reaching the center video

I'd give the game a 4/10
1 the music was nice
2 didn't have to many problems playing the game
3 space traveling was nice going into a black hole was pretty cool
4 saw the potential that was there
the biggest issue was the lack of shit to do after fully upgrade. even took up the space freighter thing which was trivialized by the large amount of iron i had and line of sight. the only thing i could honestly say after fully upgrading was stock up on landing juice and learn each of three races words which after learning 100+ words of each they don't fucking say much anything different one is a warrior race honor and shit one was jews and one was science and they never went after you it was always the robot cops, would of been nice to get chased by a large number of warriors by the warrior people or get outpowered by the science faggots and arm to teeth mercs which was half and half cause jews hired them. so the biggest issue was there was no threat in the game it was literally just pure exploring poorly generated space sim

is it such a problem?

No Mans Sky doesn't have any misleading ads.
archive.is/HaTuN

they gave up before the game was even launched

at this point they're just trolling.

Didn't even waste the time pirating it.

Pirated it. it wasn't worth the time.
crashed about 4 times in as many hours, each crash wiped a save. game design was awful.
Literally no point to playing

You see what would make sense would be the ability to build and modify your ship. but the devs suck

Required watching for anyone thinking of even pirating the game

Hello Games found innocent of misleading customers.

archive.is/YLBpj

Pirated it and played somewhere between 40 and 50 hours of it. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any fun at all.

I bet you five bucks Jews were involved.

#just/v/things

I find Warframe to be boring and monotonous almost to the point of psychosomatic pain response from playing it, and I have ~850 hours logged in it.

I'm proud of nothing.

To be fair, it takes a while for the grind to really set it and I have a high tolerance for monotony

pirated it.
uninstalled it after the first system because it was clear that the gameplay consisted of literally only one thing

Because if they don't appear to be doing anything with the IP and trying to address issues they will go to prison. They've been investigated by UK Trading Standards and found to have been deceiving customers. At this point it literally is work or go to prison.

Go back to Holla Forums and continue ruining it with your shitty pony.

They're turning the game into a generic le sandbox survival now.

At least that would have gameplay.

Holla Forums likes to shit on sandbox survival games, but I find that most of them manage to satisfy my autism for some time.

Its already happening
This is the industry we have today
This is the consumer standarts we have today.

A shitton of people are still defending this game like its not any other run of the mill shit tier Early Access survival game.
I guess normalfag Sonyggers really are this starved for games.

Sony invested too much money and they know they can recoup some of the lost revenue by leaving it on the market. Not everyone keeps up today with devs and their shenanigans, meaning they'll be able to dupe people into purchasing this abomination. On top of that, they'll likely release content patches with some ham-fisted functionality so they can appeal to their original audience and go, "see! see! we listened to your feedback! baby come back! you can blame it all on me!" and eventually sway some minds to reconsider.

It's a last ditch effort to avoid the inevitable class action lawsuit.

XD this site has the best board culture, im going to tell my friends on reddit about Holla Forums

Now come on user, there is SOMETHING at the center of the universe. New game plus

I want to sort of give them credit for at least trying to do the people who bought this game right, but this is what they should have done when the game launched instead of having people hyped to high hell. Also keeping radio silence for what has been almost 4 months was such a horrible idea and made people think the game was flatout abandoned.

Get the fuck out of here

wew

I've read and heard (from co-workers) so fucking many "NOW it's probably good..!" arguments that I nearly blew a fuse. I just laughed and said I sincerely doubt it since it is still such a shitshow and no one asked for fucking building sim anyway, they wanted good exploration in space with interactive flora and fauna that also interact with each other, like was promised.

Sometimes I doubt their commitment to sparkle vision.

Jesus fucking Christ

Burn it all down

They're at least trying to stick around with it even though their reputation is in the gutter. Though I'm also not a fan of the fact that on Twitter they sort of tried to make themselves look like the victim when the game was a major commercial success and they misled people.

Reminder that they stole those models from Subnautica and their new interface elements from The Long Dark.

Reported for horsefucker.

…and? This should be a lesson to the casuals.

if casuals were able to learn from lessons they wouldn't be casuals.

Oh look, its Imkikefy

Just like trophies for participation are bullshit, simply not being a retard shouldn't be a cause for celebration either. You all probably could have pinned this game down as the hipstery shit it is in the opening bars of it's stupid, hipstery E3 debut video, that screamed "this game has no substance and our marketing strategy relies on your imagination". Should have been the end of it, the final nail in the coffin right there, but apparently we were still interested enough to make endless threads about a subject that burned through all possible conversation and argument, was finished, file it away, right from day zero. Gee, why was that? And by now you should have figured it out. Just because you didn't buy it doesn't mean you weren't played.

To explain further, it's only partly Holla Forums's fault. I guess after everything we've been through, after all the times they've smeared us, we're still beholden to whatever unworthy game or topic shitty journalists want us to be talking about and spending our limited time following. Yeah, even the "good" sites that you're allowed to link here without using archive.is are complicit. Just because they're not corrupt doesn't mean they don't suck. Because they had all the time in the world to dig up some actual info and expose NMS in some official capacity as early as possible, doing their readership and gamers in general a service by letting them divert their attention and hype to something that deserved it more, and they didn't. Nu male's sky drama brought in the hits, so actually doing their fucking job, digging and informing, would have been detrimental to their business.

Nothing about this is funny, it just makes me sick. I wonder if all this misdirected effort (shitposting included) was used to make a good, new space game in another universe. Fuck knows this one isn't allowed to have any.

as far as i've read, apparently you can build a huge freighter that will follow you from system to system and will store materials, and apparently you can also hire shopkeepers and other things

okay
right
you are silly

if youre so knowledgeable on game design how come you havent made a video game?

the game made plenty of money. sony cashed out a long time ago, and hellogames is just trying to salvage their reputation so they can pull off another scam.

Most peoples reactions is to steer away when they are about to crash, when they should steer into the skid to regain control of the situation as best as possible. No quick jerking movements but going into a smooth transition if crashing is unavoidable.

I don't think there is any way they could possibly salvage their reputation. Not even Molyneux is mistrusted as Sean Murray nowadays.

Because their names will always be a risk to any other studio that hires them? Better to polish a turd than to live in sloppy shit I guess.

Trusting britbongs, not even once.

Does anyone know what ever happened with the lawsuits? Are they still ongoing or did people just give up?

The 96% score Life is Strange has on steam destroyed the iota of belief I had in normal fags, the public shitting of this brought half of that iota back.

Some people are just retards.
It doesn't take even 5 minutes to realize NMS is a piece of shit.

Holy shit you sound like a faggot

It's because its like a create your own adventure novel. The ones where you choose and jump to pages. It's the same reason why those walking dead choose your adventure type games are popular. People like playing things and making choices that are easy and dont require any effort.

Yeah I saw that too