What are some horribly designed guns?

What are some horribly designed guns?
What games have garbage gun design?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Uf_ENP3QyAE
youtube.com/user/royalnonesuchshow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obligatory

Christ user, spoiler that. That shit gives /k/ literal heart attacks.

No it doesn't, not when you faggot ass memespewing redditfags come over to our board and go "hurr r u triggerd (geddit triggerd like gun triddger XD) /k/" over 9000 times whenever you come across some sort of stupid video game gun.

But then how do you get the shells in? It might work though if it were a pipe shotgun hidden in a shovel though, and then pumping it would shoot it.

since whend oes sonci have a guN??

Weapons hidden inside other weapons is my jam. More games need to do this

I can light firework up my ass and it'd be safer than using this piece of shit.

Isn't there actually an assault rifle that has a pump action charging handle?

skip to 7:34

For starters it wouldn't be an assault rifle anymore considering it wouldn't be select fire. Secondly, yes there are pump-action rifles, but not pump action MP-5s

I thought what determined if something was an assault rifle was its caliber.

It's just a manually pumped short-barreled MM88. Stop sperging out because you think it must be powered by fairycum in order to work.

Yeah kind of like that. You know the final act of Aliens where Ripley duct tapes a flamethrower to the pulse rifle and kills all the aliums? I want a game that lets me do that.

Look at the positioning of the pump and the drum.
Notice anything in the OP that makes no fucking sense?

The fuckery comes from the fact that the drum is at the very front of the pump. It makes no sense.

I can see damn well the position of the pump and the drum. When you pump a shotgun you don't push you hand all the way to the end of the pump so that it's in front of it. At most, if you're retarded, you have a finger over the edge of the pump, and if that's that case then it looks like there's at least one finger's gap between the pump and the barrel.

Any intermediate cartridge chambered rifle that has select fire capabilities is an assault rifle.

The point is not that the pump hits the drum, it's how does the shell travel from the front of the gun to the chamber with a single pump.

Tell us, how does the shell get from that drum way at the end of the barrel to the chamber?

It has a long reach pump mechanism? Like someone would design for such a mechanism? Like the fucking obvious answer is?

The distance that the shell would have to travel to get into the action is longer than how far the the pump could travel.

Shh shh let's all relax and instead get mad at this classic vidya gun

You're a traveling pump action fuck off.

Fucking whatever I guess.

How does that gun work?

It's okay man, everybody gets halfway into things only to realize they're wrong.

You're dumb as fuck. Kill yourself.

And this doesn't strike you as shit design?
Also, look at where the ejection port is.
Do you also like hot shells in your face?

Oh, we're talking about retarded BL2 weapons?

Never gets old.

I don't know

My favorite part is the two barrels, why the fuck would you have rotary barrels, but only two?

There's enough room between the magazine and that absurd bayonet to put your hand. It won't be comfortable but you could do it

Cover up some of the bayonet to grip and put more force into using it.

/k/, am I stupid for once thinking wind didn't matter at all to sniper rounds as long as it wasn't too far a shot?

You're not wrong. At close ranges there won't be much of an effect since the wind doesn't have enough time to push the bullet off course.

That's what I was thinking. The bullet has its own velocity momentarily rendering it basically unaffected by the current around it because there's not enough to push it off course in that brief state.

All of these shotguns have ugly and/or garish designs (including the Protecta from Modern Warfare 2. Horribly modeled after a fugly real-world weapon) in addition to being either extravagant gimmicks or impotent fart blasters.

pick one

the sawed-off in Fallout 3 is definitely fugly, not only because it's badly modelled in an ugly game but it's grip is atrocious, and impotent because it's rendered useless by tacked-on RPG stats and slow reload. A far cry from a good sawed-off like the one in Project Brutality.

I left that "and/or" qualifier there because I was really referring to those guns from Borderlands as extravagant gimmicks. One shoots swords that explode into more swords (very tacky) and the other, T.K.'s Wave shoots the lamest projectile ever, an oscillating wave of water, has an atrocious spread, and barely registers as a bitchslap when it hits an enemy.

The impotent fart blaster I was referring to, especially, was the MW2 Protecta. It has shit range, does weak damage, and plays a stock sound effect when fired. One of the worst I ever used.

Every shotgun in every multiplayer FPS ever.

I remember some /k/ guy actually came into one of these threads a long time ago and said that gun is entirely plausible

They actually exist, instead of a conventional charging handle it uses a pump style charging handle.

Silly anons
It's obvious
the blade is dull

That's more of a problem with shotguns being 100% worthless in a realistic modern warfare setting since presumably everyone is wearing soft armor of some sort.

Please kill yourself with a shotgun for being that stupid.

What is "100% defeated by all forms of soft armor"? :^)

Is your "urban warfare" killing unarmored civilians?

Just aim for the head :^)

go fuck yourself, buddy

This guy makes a bunch of weapons like that

Know anything about /k/ friend? This thing is safe, for about 3 rounds. It's meant to be disposable, not a main battle rifle.

No idea how they end up designing such crappy weapons. I have never touched a real weapon in my live and even I can see that it is flawed. But then again it was fun to use in game, especially if you had 2 of them on that short fat guy who could use both at the same time.

They aren't meant to be taken seriously, there was a rocket launcher in the first game that literally shoots like 30 rockets per shot and shit like that. It's intentionally absurd.

Does anybody have that gif from /k/ showing how fucking convoluted a front-drummed shotgun would be?

Shadow Warrior 2 makes reloading a shotgun an artform.

Insurgency. The shotgun is great in that game, 1 hits people at pretty good range and has decent fire rate. If you run slugs you can compete with assault rifles at medium range.

That's no excuse for shitty ergonomics. You can have silly guns, but at least stop for a moment and think how a human is supposed to operate them.

Oh I love this kid, the guns he builds are pretty crazy. My favorite is the quad barrel slamfire.

I think they did, and just went "fuck that, let's make them look as stupid as possible"

It's also an interesting view on how relatively simple you can make a gun. In most post apocalyptic and survival scenarios the weapon is treated as the more complex and hard to make item, instead of reliable ammunition that does most of the work in the gun anyway.

TF2 is lazy as fuck weapon-wise even if you don't know shit about real life guns. It has some of the worst weapon animations ever, with some of the added guns having almost no animation at all. But of course pointing that out means you have to go back to /k/.

Its not unheard of to have that angle grip though
youtu.be/Uf_ENP3QyAE

too bad theres no functional mirrors in that game

And all the enemies are tedious damage sponges because it's a half assed Borderlands clone instead of a competently designed first person slashy shooty

Noguns faggot detected, is pulling shit out of his ass

It is plausible. There are plenty of pump-action shotguns with detachable magazines. It's just no point of having such system on assault rifle.

Sounds like you played 10 minutes and gave up.
Cranked it up to max dificulty. First mission, yeah, everything was a goddamn bullet sponge.
But after getting back to base and equipping those upgrades on the guns, shit dies pretty quick.
Unless you mean the "elite" enemies. They're called elite for a reason user, since they're pretty much mini-bosses. And they die in 8 to 9 hits with a proper build. Aka: shit you get 15 minutes in.
Heck, one of the first bosses (The Chef) died in 10 seconds for me.
Consider the fact that you might be a casual retard and you want rewards without putting some tought on how you upgrade your weapons.

Comment from one of the videos: "I see a horrific accident ending his yt channelļ»æ"

Lel

I did not expect to have this much fun with it after SW1 was a mediocre shooter

It feels like an orgasm, but you cum hard enough to punch through walls.
Dunno what to put on the third slot yet. Using some elemental shit until I find something else that further breaks it.
Also:
Not as usefull as I thought, but goddamn it is hilarious.

In your world maybe.

I put the turret on the overpowered as fuck minigun. Shits fucking great.

no, silly, an assault rifle is one of those scary black ones.

But but the top one has Picatinny rails, you can mount lethal scopes and flashlights on them.

The pump is a mechanism that sucks the shell from the drum in to the chamber.
Think along the lines of a penis pump.

How the fuck are you supposed to shoot a ridiculous gun if you can't hold the damn thing?
Get those dicks out of your ears and listen to the truth.

It's a game fam. If you want realism and spacial logic look elsewhere.

It's the internet, fag. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, goto tumblr.

It works both ways fam. Nonsensical guns in nonsensical games are fine.

how is the channel called?

are there any games like borderlands, but are not shit in terms of writing. i don't mean generic, I mean without memes every few seconds

borderlands 1

it's called royal armory or something. if you check out demolition ranch, that kid's channel is always linked in related videos

2:16 he says himself that it could be his last video lol. He is probably aware of his dangerous his weapons are.

youtube.com/user/royalnonesuchshow
close enough I guess, but it's called Royal Nonesuch.

The real protecta is a shite gun because bad ergonomics, no fucking detachable magazine (i.e. the only reason to have a drum mag), and you have to manually WIND UP the magazine while reloading it to make it actually work.
You'd need three hands to reload a real protecta in the field.

Look, you can make something silly but still keep it somewhat realistic.

Royal Nonesuch, wasn't that a character in Huckleberry Finn or something like that?

There's a difference between nonsensical guns and shit you can't hold and shoot without either slicing your hand open with recoil or looking like a fucking retard.
I can reasonably believe that a gun that shoots exploding swords could exist and be used to kill things other than the wielder, but I expect my fictional things to hold up under whatever level of inspection comes with being made into a 1280x720 jaypeg, and that sniper does not.

You can't cherry pick nonsensical design faggot. I mean you can but you sound like an autistist faggot as a result. The sword gun could have just been a normal looking sword and it would have worked in the games context.

by this logic, so would any Bolt Action or Belt Fed Machine Gun.
The fastest way to wind up a winding protecta is to hold it to your chest and wind with the left hand and insert rounds with the right. The one I posted in the Webm IS a real protecta, which "winds" with the barrel and grip.

stop pretending like you know anything about guns, kid

Borderlands 1 starts to go bad with the DLC's. Particularly DLC 1 and 4 are god-awful in the writing department.

How does that even work?

It's a tube extender, and a real life based one at that.

what you posted is closer to this, than what OP posted.

Are you functionally retarded?

nice id.
i'm assuming the drum contains shells that eject INTO the tube, and then the pump does its job.
but i don't know anything about guns other than they're loud, used for killing and scaring, and that I love them.

you talkin to yourself, son?

here's a fun one

Aren't those just based on real guns or are you misunderstanding what OP's asking for?

the guns are real guns, but there's some fun errors on that box art

think he's referring to the single barrel shotgun, somehow shooting 2 shots at once.
one out of the barrel, the other out of the magazine

you can customize your gun in that game, but to a horrifying degree. huge shields on them, "blinged out" with gold and diamonds it helps build aggro, huge suppressors for light machine guns, it's just insane

Didn't /k/ design a gun for that game?

I just now noticed that the shotgun is ejecting a handgun case.

The Grand Pinger. Which is a joke gun, thankfully.

shields on guns, bronze/gold paint, and suppressors on LMGs are a thingā€¦

maybe to keep the user from going deaf? i'm not a firearm expert though.

i was playing rainbow six siege recently and some one put a suppressor on one of the LMGs in it, so not only did it look insane but i couldn't figure out how it benefited the player compared to other barrel options that game gives you

Now hold on for one fucking second. First one is an M14, isn't it.

To be honest I kinda liked the design of the Hyperion weapons in Borderlands 2 because they seemed like overpriced pieces of garbage with tons of moving parts that would break easily that only gun-retarded officejockeys would use

I was around when they were designing it. They had a paintball hopper on the top instead of a scope, but the developers took some liberties with the design

It'll break faster, but other than that, theres not really anything wrong with suppressors on LMGs

I'm sorry I couldnt find a photo of a supressed golden LMG with shieldsā€¦ maybe these will keep you happy

the point is to look badass. oftentimes attempts to look badass are thought of as unnecessary

Hickok45 shot a gun like that. It's a pretty cool mechanism.

What are gasses that sting your hand as you use it for 200?

you can, but you dont have to

did you even watch the webm?

The magazine is the cylindrical thing connect to the barrel. How does it work?

Its probably just coolant feed and the gun itself doesnt fire actual shells, mabye gauss like shrapnel.

The TF2 version is actually just a generic slamfire that holds three or four rounds, with the drum mag being an ornamental barrel weight.

That makes a lot of sense, especially since the reloading animation has you screwing it off then screwing a new one back on, but the fact that it is only connected to that barrel is rather odd. There just doesn't seem to be any place for the coolant to go.

Also your guess about shrapnel is quite likely too since that gun deals a significant amount of Puncture damage. (the other physical damage types are Impact and Slash).

Nah, it checks out. There's no barrel shroud.

I don't know, man. When it gets that bad it's like having character models with dicks for noses and acting like there's nothing out of the ordinary.

WHY DOES HE PUMP THE GUN?

Just because the bullet didn't penetrate the armor, doesn't mean it didn't do damage to the person behind the armor. Kevlar and shit stops projectiles, not energy the projectiles have.
Even with hard plates, getting hit with a fullsized round can still cause significant injury from broken ribs to internal bleeding.

Nofuns country here. How do you even reload with all this shit mounted on the top? What are all these even? I only recognize a mounted GL, a silencer, and a fuckton of rails.
Was there even a 5.56 P90? I only heard about 5.7.

Almost every weapon in Warframe is fucking atrocious. Just looking at some makes my wrist hurt.

i think it was meant to be a joke anyways.

The Jatimatic is not all that far off.

A WEAPON TO SURPASS THE METAL GEAR

Iā€™m okay with this. Itā€™s fucking retarded as fuck, but thatā€™s why you put it on your least favorite squadmate.

It's kind of hard to show getting stung by gases without specialized equipment.

user. Removing the stock from a short barreled AK does not magically make it shoot pistol rounds.

yeah
number one
that's terror
also, here's a video of a similar shotgun

I knew you'd bring him up. That guys a known pussy on /k/, he's small built and has trouble with alot of tougher guns. he's just a "historian" for all we care, not an actual gun guy.

From what you posted it looked like the second incarnation of the Striker, the first versions that the South African police and bush trackers used actually had a wind up spring at the front of the drum, which was a really bad move ergonomics wise. That early version you had to kneel down, clamp the stock between your thighs and wind the key with one hand while shoving shells in with the other.

So they fixed it?
I'm curious, how did they manage it? Can't find anything about it anywhere.

First gen that was the original Rhodesian design was basically a shotgun with a fixed revolver styled drum. When it was taken into the US, they made the barrel longer for compliance (that's what's being shot in your video).

The one the other user's video is shooting is the second gen striker called protecta. They worked the front grip into the function of the winding key and put an ejector rod along the barrel, allowing reloading to happen while stock is maintained on shoulder and only the shooting arm reloads the gun since the drum mechanism now works with a twist of the front grip.

Also they reworked the drum so that it ejects automatically. The manual ejector is only for the last round shot, which is a massive improvement over the original.

Seems like an overall better design, but what about the gas leak? It still works like a revolver and has revolver problems, right?

I'm not sure if it did, but the Forgotten Weapons guy was just being a bitch about it anyways. If he was even mildly burned he would have shown it to the camera, as there'd be red marks, like accidentally grabbing something out of the oven with bare hands for a second or something.

They worked the gas being propelled backwards into the auto case ejection system. I'm not as familiar with the Protecta as I am with the Striker so I can't answer you what manner of Rhodesian voodoo went into it.

for reference, this is what happens when you get burnt from a revolver

Sounds right, shotguns are low enough pressure to work well enough in such an application, right?

That's some pretty crazy shit, and it works? I didn't know Tod Howard programed this universe. :^)

Yeah second gen striker aka Protecta is valid as a high cap, rapid shooting shotgun. But it's way past its prime in terms of design and there's better gas operated mag fed shotguns out there now. Though the revolver drum design could mean it could handle longer shells with no problem if the drum chamber itself could accommodate. You can barely do that with a tubular magazine unless you port load or the loading system is able to handle your abnormal shell and it's pretty much a hazard to do it in a gas operated system last I checked.

But in this case it isn't part of the humor, they just don't know how weapons work.

Mind explaining to some retard how these work?
I always loved the idea of rotary and removable shotgun tubes and so I find this really interesting.

basically, each one acts as a standard shotgun tube, when one empties, it rotates to the next one.

They still look ugly and garish.

But how do they extend through the foregrip section of the magazine? As far as I know, shotgun magazines are just tubes with springs going the full length, and so for the front half to rotate without somehow retracting the spring confuses me. Do the springs just go the length of the revolving magazine while some mechanism pulls shells the rest of the way?

100% fuddlore. At best a 12g slug will welt you up a bit through soft armor. No broken bones or internal bleeding unless you've got a hotwheels-tier brittle bone disorder.

Full-size rifle cartridge hitting a plate isn't going to do anything to you, as the energy is spread across the plate, and then across the soft armor under said plate.

Just like the game :^)

No though it's more of a principle. Design should reflect the games tone.

to chamber a new round into a closed bolt system?

I dont get that either. the only X rail I've seen is much larger than that "extender" as well, so I think that one might be shopped, cause it'd be in the way of the main spring

since we have a warframe thread on right now.
the smg's nagazine is the ball thing bellow the grip.

I still think the smg and gun blade looks cool, the rifle is kinda ok, the lmg and the compass piece are horrible though.

Center fire pump action rifles exist.

Remington produces the .7600 series for countries with weak and fearful government & where funs aren't allowed or are heavy restricted.

Autists in these countries love the .7600 because they can slap a body kit on their .7600 and feel like they own an AR or AK.

This is the in-game gun Shadow uses. It looks like something a nigger would design.

It looks like the bullets would need a ladder to climb up and into the chamber before they could be fired the stick mag simply isn't long enough to reach. kek

Nah, you're just a fag.

God DAMN it, let it die you faggots.
He made one thread, everyone said it was shit. He made two threads, three, four, people started to get bored of repeating it and now he's got a FEW faggots that still play that shit game and give the faggot two weeks he'll be trying to force another 24/7 cancerfuck general.

The only people still playing Waifufarm at this point are even worse battered wives than SFV players, and I doubt they can sustain any more than the occasional refocus of consensus.

this. the MP5 is one of the best SMG designs ever
tho the MPX is much better now

The MP5k and MPXk are the best versions.

SFV players at least have a choice of fighting games, warframe players don't have much choice in third-person shooter scifi grinders with superpowers.

destiny

The Division

Why can't game devs into flamethrowers? Out of all the games I've ever played with flamethrowers in them, the only ones where flamethrowers were any good were the Ratchet and Clank series, and it's mostly because of the later entries with the Lava Gun that I can even say that.

Sarge's Heroes had a pretty fun flamethrower.

Describe it to me. Is it liquid flame or aerosol?

are they good in real life too? They are pretty decent in most video games.

The MPX is lookin to replace most preferred SMGs right now, cause of it's AR15 based platform.

Basically the SCAR of the SMGs, or just the MP5 of the modern ages.

The MP5 didnt get popular til SAS used it in that bank robbery or something, so MPX needs some real life exposure

Of course.

theres an entire subculture on tumblr of actual dudes with guns and shit, called Gunblr. theyre not the SJW types.

That was why I was excited for it, but it still looked like shit.

>>>/newfag/

Pump action Assault Rifles do exist, there is a company that makes and sells them. There was even a strelo/k/ on /k/ that actually owned one. In fact the webm is now considered a test to determine who the real /k/omrades are.

I do like the idea that tacky guns make everyone want to shoot you first.

Shadow the Hedgehog also has an insta-kill katana, iirc. It's like a game made solely to troll /k/.

fuck, meant to respond to

I love how Nerf has gone completely bonkers.

We need a new Nerf Arena Blast.

Shit, I used to love nerf but I've been gone too long. The first gun was such a popular mod for the Maverick. I guess Hasbro listened.
my sides

that isn't dart storage on the side of the chainsaw. they shoot from there.

I googled this Xrail, and found this in related.

fucking hell

Bullshit. That has to be shopped. Why would you need three goddamn muzzle breaks for a Saiga?

It's good to know that someone can shoot you and never have to buy a gun to do it.

actually there was one, Nerf Arena Blast. It's a (now) freeware shooter built on Unreal Engine. Naturally it doesn't have anything from N-Strike onward, but if you want wacky Nerf action and some interesting additions and gametypes then it's absolutely worth a look.

now that is Bad.Ass.

It's not drumfed, though. It's a tube-mag shotgun with a completely cosmetic drum on the front.

Holla Forums pls go

*drum-fed

how to make an apple pie from scratch:

what.

Fucking amazing.

Yes. and? I wish to second there being a new Nerf arena shooter

That's only a few steps away from a gun that shoots guns.

Can I actually watch an anime featuring this ridiculous gun?

I think it was from a video game. No More Heroes, if I remember correctly.

my speculation would be the barrels have two layers with space between for the coolant to flow through

are they select fire user? or are they just black and scary?

Oh, nice, it's like the alpha shotgun from Postal 2 only in a meme game.

Hope you got your secondary, tertiary, quaternary, quinary, senary and septenary fire modes bound.

except the one in your picture is possible since there exist tube-fed pump actions with magazines to extend their capacity. A drum version of that isn't far off reality

Absolutely beautiful.

No. I'll just click a stick to bring up weapon menu :^)

OICW.mp4

You see Andreiā€¦
when rifle is not glorious AK-47 you have of using all of rifle space because it not working. Is gun hanger.

Hard West has a revolving revolver. It was a pretty high damage gun with six 6-round cylinders. Literally never had to reload that thing.

Yes that's the obvious answer but then you fire the gun and cut your fingers off.

Everything about that game is retarded, I couldn't even laugh at the fake chink voice acting cos it was so awful and hacky.

We need a game where the American weapons are all multi-feature monstrosities with hulking user manuals, and all the Soviet weapons are more or less the same but just a bunch of shit bolted and welded together.

So a FPS from Zachtronics?

An FPS with the tempo of Quake III.
Except the weapons are as complex as SpaceChem and have to be operated real-time like in Receiver.

Wait, there are people here who didn't like the new Shadow Warrior games? Shadow Warrior 1 was the first actually good FPS in YEARS. Haven't gotten around to 2 yet. The fact that it has multiplayer kind of worries me, but I'm hoping it will still live up to SW1.

Wear a really thick chain mail glove that butchers use?

When I saw the second picture (Doominator) with it's rotating magazine of magazines, I could only think of Skelter Helter from NMH2 and his ridiculous weapon , good to see Holla Forums doesn't disappoint with it's collective knowledge.

First boss battle of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

Beautiful
Sucks that the "Tommy Gun" is just a "rat-a-tat" machine gun noise and doesn't fire anything but they probably ran out of space.

They didn't even have color TV back then, what makes you think they could have managed automatic dart guns?

Aerosol like all the Army Men games

Revolver Revolver
(Revolver Revolver)