Battlefield Alternatives

Are there any?

All i see nowadays are small arena like shooters COD and no glorious huge map fighting.

Before you ask i will never give EA another Dollar or installing origin.

Other urls found in this thread:

battlelog.co/downloads.php#client
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BF2 and BF2142 have community servers.

Planetside 2 has four huge maps, but it's a shitty F2P game. 8ch's outfit still has fun collecting salt though.

Didn't play it much, but there's Planetside.

Squad, Project Reality, ARMA, Red Orchestra, Days of Infamy, Resistance and Liberation, Planetside 2. There's quite a few if you'd actually open your eyes.

Does Verdun fall under the same category?

There's overwatch Some of the maps are pretty big and the team size is all right for a console game

is it good?

OW is just objectively not at all the same scale as Battlefield, not even fucking close. Why the fuck would you suggest it? Did I just fall for some bad bait?

RO2/RS is pretty good. Charging and bayoneting filthy american pigs is fun.
I hope Festung Europa/ In country; Vietnam are still alive and will be good so i can stop giving money to Tripware

It's probably dead, but angels fall first
I think it's still in beta/EA and definitely has problems, but it does have major bot support which a lot of other games don't have these days

its not perfect, but its pretty great.
Flamethrower is OP and I love it.
the inventory system is a bit more confusing than Insurgency's tho. SIngle Player is fucked for now tho.

Its almost as "realistic" as Red Orchestra, but its definitely alot more logical and focused. I mean, you at least know the general direction youre getting shot from.

Squad is my suggestion.

Great game, great community.

Project Reality. It basiclly bf2 with autism.

whats the diff between SQUAD and Insurgency? their gameplay and maps look extremely similar, but SQUAD looks a bit more "simulation"/autistic ARMA-styled

Insurgency is more like a standard shooter with kinda small maps and faster action. (Been a while since i played, probably a bunch of mods and such now).
Squad is milsim more or less. Like project reality but wih better graphics.

Are you fucking kidding? Was Overwatch your first multiplayer shooter?

Squad is like project reality, insurgency is like an arcade SWAT 4 or a less shitty CoD MW2. Both are worth playing, the former requires more autism and a microphone

Haven't played it yet so I cant say.

It's dead.

There used to be a shitton of those
-Fuels of war
-Crysis Wars
-Return to Castle
-Quake Wars
Its fucking barren when considering bigger releases.
Only one is Titanfall 2 besides things like Rising Storm 2 which is done by a company thats nearing EA tier and SQUAD which are AA or not even that.
This industry really is terrible

Besides the games people have recommended ID say you try M&B and its Napoleonic Wars DLC, its pretty good and hopefully Bannerlord follows suit along with its modding community.

Id say join in 2/2142 though OP, its pretty fucking comfy.
And I can go full autism with commander mode.

no, battlefeld 1942 I'm oldfag

map could be bigger but then it's all just wasted space
there could be 6 gorillion players but then everyone gets killed pretty much at random

Mein kamerad.

I was hoping they would have come back. Festung Europa too isn't exactly alive, it's nearly a year since the last news.

Didn't 1 had you fuck around killing some niggers spawning from space pods, while sticking to some ATM machine to upload your shekels?

Any game were I can command a submarine and sink battleships while frigates, submarines and planes want to sink me?
>mfw will never have that bf1942 feel
Why is vidya getting smaller and simpler?

Battlefield really killed all the competition after Bad Company 2+Battlefield 3

Kill yourself

Yeah, besides NPCs scattered all over the place to keep the flow intact.
Seems like an average game, its getting a free weekend this week, I'll probably spend two days playing it till I feel burned of it and move on to the next shiny thing.

-Battleship Midway/Pacific
-Warthunder

People are content with the contrived and mediocre

You're a dumb fuck

What competition nigger?
There is none
Theres been fewer and fewer as production costs rose up exponentially with centralization pretty much happening in the West with the 2007 crisis.

Joint Operations

The only upcoming game that's similar to Battlefield is Rising Storm 2.

One that's already out and is exactly like it is Squad, although that's in early access which is a trigger word for some people.

…it came out in 2002 (almost 15 years ago)

to put that in perspective, lots of people hadn't even been born 15 years ago

It's hot garbage. I refunded it the other day, maps are small as shit, a lot of maps are made up of corridors and very narrow, guns sound and feel weak, (although there are mods for sounds) I can't think of anything else, but those things ruin it. Game is almost out of early access, but it'll remain the same shit game. I don't know why it's so hard to make a Red Orchestra 1 clone. Save your money.

Aren't you tired of FPSs already user?
How many out there are?
And they are all the same!
Actually, why are you still playing video games?

Bretty good, much better than Insurgency. The only issue is that it's a little light on content because early access. Level of detail is great, though.
Just don't expect Battlefield-sized maps or vehicles, it was made to be more similar to Day of Defeat.

I'm still surprised they didn't just take the money and run
It's at like version .9 something now

/thread

Check out Squad in 2 years

battlelog.co/downloads.php#client

There. Bf2 and bf2142. It isn't going to get better than that

And yes, it's free

No not /thread, Are there any servers?

Good suggestion

No

Kill yourself faggot.

BF2 - Loading the Community Patch now
BF2142 - Tested, but it's just not my game
Planetside 2 - Was good but too much grind. Sony selled it and it's going down the shitter.

Squad - Will keep an eye on it
Project Reality - same
RO - Not my game and not like battlefield just infantry fights
DoI - Not interested
Resistance and Liberation - Not interested

BC2 was great but EA closed the servers. I guess they run still on Origin but fuck that
BF3 - Origin

Thanks so far for the suggestions. It's just sad how many games left the big maps and vehicle / plane / ship fights genre and split it up to different games.
I just want a good Battlefield so my hope goes to BF2 and some other games.

Which of those games support offline with bots? I'm a filthy third world pirate with no friends.

Is Ostfront alive?

No, Darkest Hour is however

Angels Fall First
t. shill

Planetside 2 has always been shit
1 was actually good

Also what's that one game an user made where the dude created the perfect grey haired waifubait called?

Planetside 2 is ok though
P2W bullshit, but ok
You're not wrong on Planetside though
I want my Jackhammer back

stop playing online games, shooters are for braindead retards.

Joint Operations is alive with servers. Also got bought by THQ Nordic which means it's very likely to remain supported.

>>>/a/

???

Call of Duty 3 would be a good choice but it's you know, dead.

I've actually played and enjoyed Overwatch but what on earth makes you even think of suggesting it here? OP asked for big battle team based games to replace Battlefield, not for TF2 clones. None of the maps are big and the team size is tiny, both teams combined wouldn't even form single team in the kind of game OP is looking for. It is not a large scale game at all and was never intended to be, it's almost the opposite of what OP was asking for, Call of duty would be a better suggestion than Overwatch here.

It depends on how far you are willing to stray from the Battlefield formula. I also like large scale battle games and the closest i've come to it aside from Battlefield is Halo and Planetside 2. Halo is dead and was pretty small scale anyway even in the big team modes while Planetside 2 is F2P shit. I'd recommend giving Planetside 2 a go, you can even join the Holla Forums outfit. You should pick TR but NC is also a respectable alternative, just don't pick VS.

Dat infiltrator ass.

I haven't played TF2 yet but I'm not surprised other companies are trying to copy the Overwatch formula. As for battlefield, just because the game supports up to 64 players doesn't mean every game you play will have exactly that many. Some servers have lower caps, and no server is full 100% of the time so in practice you get pretty close to the team size in Overwatch, which penalizes leaving and won't start a match untill all slots are filled. Cool your autism and stop splitting hairs

you must have misstyped or fucked up your sentece, because I refuse to believe someone this stupid is capable of operating a web browser.

Kind of sad that it is. The first week it was out and there was people playing it was glorious. Especially when people got very into the factions and it very much played out like a space drama. Still remember anons that basically became the Antareans and slaughtered the League despite being outgunned and outnumbered.

I found yesterday out that

The Bad Company 2 Servers are still running

here we go baby.

How have you managed to not see a single one of the threads?

You're a fucking retard.

What the fuck am I reading? The only things right in this post are that Battlefield supports 64 players and that some servers have lower player caps. Those are the ONLY THINGS that are correct in this post, literally everything else is false.

Nailed it.
Why must casuals be like "I hate casual games" but then they can't into ARMA because they are too casual?

Newfags.

Operation Flashpoint / ARMA

It's also a fucking garbage game, so

well, arma isn't a good game. If a casual says they hate casual games, but can't get into twinkle star sprites? There is something wrong with them. If you can't get into arma, it's because you have taste.

There's Star Wars Battlefront I and II, which at it's core is Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. From time to time there are threads making a server and playing on it, usually with this image attached. Even if you don't find a server the campaign for II is solid(for this type of game), and the gameplay is awesome even with bots.

Don't forget BF1942

If you want a solid squad-based "Thinking Man's FPS" try Red Storm Entertainment's classics (Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon).

Did you even play arma without only playing vanilla on some faggots dayz clone or king of the hill server? Because I can promise you didn't.

glad we agree that the base game (the one that matters) is shit.

Consolefag confirmed

shouldn't you be prone in grass somewhere, child?

If you checked IDs you would see there are several of us disagreeing with you, maybe you should try it out.

You could try Planetside 2. It feels more like Battlefield than modern Battlefield does. We've got a group of spergs from this board that run an outfit you could join; they're not horrible to play with.