Final Fantasy 15

Final Fantasy 15

prove me wrong: pro tip you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/Vo0TU
twitter.com/fiddlecub/status/803681319985250308
archive.is/7nWjA#selection-1131.0-1131.12
twitch.tv/seraphic17/v/104332464
nichegamer.com/2016/12/01/worldwide-shipments-for-final-fantasy-xv-break-5-million/
attackofthefanboy.com/news/final-fantasy-15-now-fastest-selling-game-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Miss me yet?

nope. Final Fantasy ended with squaresoft.

and so is every new "open world" garbage game released, the industry is death and need to burn so it may be reborn. FFXV is a mess, it tries to please the FF audience and the open world GTA one and fail at both, the writing is absolutely SHIT and there is barely any freedom or fun activities to do. FFVII had tons of fun minigames, FFVIII had Triple Triad, FFIX had few minigames and Tetra Master, FFX had Blitzball and FFXV has boring generic side activities: fishing, kill monster X and a Witcher 3 like chocobo racing which is not nearly as fun as FFVII was to me.

truest of the words

Has a Final Fantasy game ever been considered a complete failure before? What do you think SE is going to do once this one completely and officially faceplants?

Take a long hard look at what they've been doing since FFX and make an honest effort to try to get back to what made Final Fantasy and their other games popular in the first place. Just kidding they'll probably double down on the retarded shit they've been doing.

Original FF14.

And FFXII had Monster Hunter and that fishing minigame.

How's the combat from an action game perspective. That's really the only thing I'm interested in.

It's the worst shit ever.

The demo was
with the occasional sword teleport if you felt like it.

I thought they added a non-auto form of combat after the complaints?

It's been shit since 6, user. Give it up, it's barely even "fantasy" anymore. I mean cars? Fucking cars?

I haven't played since the Platinum Demo since the others seemed to be JPN exclusive or you had to buy something to play it. It was pretty good except for the combat.

7 and 8 had cars and they were fantasy. Not European medievalesque fantasy but a kind of fantasy.

so is it better than 13 or not?

Worse seemingly.

Go home Tabata your game is a failure.

I find that hard to believe, 13 was just corridor cutscene corridor cutscene for 20 hours before it actually let you play and it had the most cringe-inducing fucktard writing in any FF game, there's no way this is worse than that. 15 looks like it lets you dick around, that alone would be an improvement, even if the gameplay sucks, at least you'd actually be playing a video game.

You're still not playing a video game in FFXV it's just that SE has become more skilled at hiding that fact from the player.

Yep. But it went out with a bang: FFIX is still one of my favourite games. X was fucking awful though: I have never been able to work out what people like about it.

gameplay wise it's better than FFXIII, but that is not a great achievement. story and characters wise i think it's worse than FFXIII somehow, i hate Lighting and all the rest but at least i felt something towards them and they had some character and personal goals. Noctis is shallow and boring, the 3 others have no great backstory or goals besides helping the lil prince: one is the motherly guardian that cooks and shit, the other is the fatherly guardian that bitch slap him around and teach him shit, the other is his retard lil brother that tries TOO HARD to be funny and energetic but ends being really annoying, there is no depth and the only character with promise dies a stupid death, the game tries hard to push these 4 has great friends in a journey but to me it felt forced and really artificial, there was no connection and they end up reminding me of DD annoying pawns.

Shit taste detected.

Reposting this since SE can't seem to get it through their heads.

FUCK YOU SE, I JUST WANTED A RETELLING OF FF1 WITH A MODERN SETTING AND POLITICS! WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU INTO BASIC STORY, YOU SLANTED EYED GOOKS?!

Don't forget to repost thrice on cuckchan
and then stay there

Try and prove me wrong.

I'm sorry, should we not laugh at it and think about what would make it not garbage?
Perhaps it is you who should return to the life of a cuck. :^)

Even though I was only 12, I remember thinking 'This game is gay as fuck'. You are presumably and adult. You must surely have matured enough to recognise that game's total faggotry.

NEVER
has this video been more relevant.
Someone please .webm

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/suicide/

Not a very good argument m80. Are you telling me that normalfags in the 90s and early 2000s were not opposed to nip shit because it was "weird" until 2007 when it suddenly became accepted? Slow down there, slowpoke. :^)

Be honest, you used the screenshot function on the site, didn't you? :^)

It probably won't fail. I'm neutral on it, couldn't care less, but Holla Forums's opinion is a bad indicator of whether or not a game will do well. Witcher 3 sold like crazy, nuDoom did well, Dark Souls 3 sold more than either of the previous two games.

Given the budget they've used on it I won't be surprised if I see Final Fantasy 15-2 in two years, and I doubt they'll reach their supposed 10 million copies target number without a couple sequels, but saying it will fail because Holla Forums hates on it is a fallacy. This place can be just as much of an echo chamber as NeoGAF and it's necessary to recognize that to keep perspective.

If anything, SE is going through the same shit nintendo is going through right now. They think their shit doesn't stink so they can keep shitting on fans without repercussions. Nintendo is already feeling the pressure and soon SE will as well.

Surprised that skeltal's arms can hold that up.

Keep an eye on the worldwide numbers, not just Japan. Not saying you won't be right, just saying that Holla Forums hating a game is not a direct correlation to bad sales. There's no way to tell yet how the casuls will like it.

But Witcher 3 was fantastic, even if it was downgraded.

Wasn't this shit in development for like nine years or something? How does Squeenix hope to make a profit?

>>>/cuckchan/

Redwall? The chidren's books about animals? I used to read those religiously.

Holla Forums is tsundere for DaS3 and TW3 and doesn't honestly hate them.

see
Additionally they made 15 as western and causal as possible to appeal to the US so they think they can't fail. What they don't realize is that western JRPG fans are a little on the weeb and autistic side so SE has screwed themselves by misreading their demographic.

If you take out the battle system that game is fucking terrible.

Considering this is the same SE that shat out the two Tomb Raider abortions and then acted surprised when they didn't sell millions I bet their expectations of numbers sold are completely out of this world.

No matter how much the game sells it will never be able to recuperate how much they spent on it, let alone make them a profit.

(checked)
NuDoom sold like shit though
Really moderate sales
2 months and it was already being discounted upon.
Pete Hines, the kike himself, even announced said discounts at E3 while being extremely dissapointed about it.

And nobody here says AAA will sell badly aside from some exceptions, I don't know where the fuck do you guys come up with this stuff.
People just say that it will be shit

Hell even if they were to make a profit then they'll still consider it a failure because it won't be the pie in the sky figure that they dreamed up.

I don't get why people like it either.

Rikku and Lulu were good fap bait, notwithstanding how they ruined them afterwards.

Unlike what Holla Forums thinks, this game will have a legion of fanboys buying and plaything piece of shit. This is directed at FF7/FF10 fagboys.

u wot

sadly this

It really was the beginning of the end with that game.
I'm guessing most people who like that piece of shit grew up with it and hold it to a pedestal.

Wasn't 13 directed at FF10 fagboys already though?

Daily reminder that the tech demo for the luminous engine looked more interesting than this game.

I mean, I like both of them, despite their flaws. But any talk about Witcher 3 that I saw for a year after it launched was just bitching about the downgrade drowning out any other discussion. DS3 at least had discussion, even though Bloodborne shitters couldn't stop trying to make sure everyone knew BB was better.

Same as FF13 - sequels reusing assets. Waaaay cheaper to just expand the story, make a couple new areas with the same models and textures (how many cave assets can you really use?), add a couple new features specifically addressing fan complaints, and kick it out the door. That's why FF13-2 was only in development for a year and a half.

Valid point on the Tomb Raider issue, I forgot about that. And the DX:MD issue, where they effectively murdered the game on the way out the door with all the microtransactions. As for not recouping costs, I definitely agree, which is why I keep predicting a sequel. Actually, on second thought, it might be interesting to see what Tanabata does as a director when he's not picking up all the pieces that Nomura dropped on his way to KH3.

nuDoom had some ridiculous expectations too, though, didn't it? I guess I was wrong on that one.

Agreed. I have a friend who thinks it's the best one and I just don't understand what is wrong with him to think that. The writing is shitty, the game is linear, the battle system is standard fare with one new gimmick (switching characters out mid-battle, Pokemon style), and ultimately the setting is a clusterfuck.

Well I know it was directed by BY the same hack that made FF10.

Most of the FF7 fanboys haven't even played the game and only care about the characters. In fact they probably will just watch FF15 at a streaming party instead of buying it.

Nigger I will punch you

Here you go
Probably butchered the quality though

You're right on that. They spergged out and made so many assets for FFXIII that they had to make three games and I still don't have any idea whether they made all the money back.

I imagine they didn't. Consider that people were saying for years that a remake of FFVII was a clear indicator that SE was in deep financial trouble, since they wouldn't consider gambling their golden goose otherwise.

Thing is that neither Witcher 3 or Dark Souls 3 were bad games. They were as great as Holla Forums expected them to be, but they were good games nonetheless.

nuDoom lacked anything resembling a catch to hook up the normalfags with. Most of them have no idea what Doom is beyond some vague understanding that it is some legendary game from back when computers were the size of houses.

No, rikku was fapbait and she is from a race of sand niggers.

So? It still managed to be a medicore piece of shit, I just wanted a good game regardless of brand name.

Holla Forums is not one person you fucking newfag
Dark Souls 3 was alright for anyone who isn't an obnoxious FromFag who wants to play a Souls game for the first time, and Witcher 3 while alright still fell heavily into checklist Open World bullshit and was obviously downgraded.

No shit you cockmongering nigger. If you hadn't been dropped on the head when you were a baby you'd understand I was talking about the general consensus.

I don't know why but that argument always seems to get me mad as fuck. How the fuck can anyone not see that shit is beyond me.

If anything shes a Spic/Gookspic considering the cultural influence Square uses for the shit Al Bhed uses/ is located

And they're well on their way to fucking that up too.

Why is she so yum lads

Because she's just a valley girl with a tan and dreads.

She's a Nip girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Was there any doubt they were gonna shit it up?

I mean, if they had wanted a casual friendly combat system that looks cool on trailers they should have just copied the Arkham games. They basically accomplish everything FFXV is trying to do and don't play like clunky turds.

This tbh

It's like how hot chugs are just drawn as white women with feathers and red skin

No man, they are actually buying it and playing it. They are also SUPER HYPED for the Remake.

How fucking new are you?

Nigger the GOG/CDProjekt shills were in full force during January of 2015 till the release.
It was fucking blatant

Because shes young, tanned and dresses like a slut

Sure, she can be whatever you want, its not the reality after all.

Agreed with everything you said. I'd also add that Tidus is an insanely gay character in every way; including looking like a weird thai twink. He's like one of those annoying 'wacky friend' characters (like the blonde one from xv seems to be) that are always in weeb shit: but in the central role.

To go from IX, which is legitimately a classic, to X made it particularly disappointing when it came out. For about two thirds of the game I wondered when I was going to get off the single path I had been on, and get to the world map. Terrible game.

What about the Yakuza series?

What about Pathologic?

archive.fo/Vo0TU

yakuza isn't "open world." You have a very dense district full of people and stores bursting with personality, but within that you're limited. I would easily take that over bloated maps with scattered assets and broken fast travel systems any day though.

>prove me wrong: pro tip you can't
kys

Hell no. It's like wishing you had 1 pound of shit instead of 1 pound of shit.

HEY COOL GAMERS REMEMBER TO FOLLOW LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE WELL I SUCK MASSIVE CORPORATE COCK AND SPOUT MY AWESOME MEMES LOL XD XD XD

Modern Video Games are fucking dead.

Even Conan shat all over this game though and he's a pretty good representation of what your average casual gamer would like.

Holy shit, I think the smartest user in the world has made himself known.

FFX-2 is the best FF on gameplay alone, and will never be surpassed.

Ten years for this pile of hot garbage

Why should I? I don't even own a PS4. Who cares?

Ironically, the cars in FF8, albeit a simple tool to cross the world map without encounters, at least allowed you to drive outside the roads.

I like how face cams have managed to get even more cancerous as time has gone on.

never played any FF game
which is the best one?

A lot of fags had faith in this game
makes you wonder why?

/thread

Those graphics are fuckin garbage.

4 is pretty solid.

Oddly enough, the multiples of 3 are consistently great. Until now.

Do people actually like those? I mean I kinda get if it's an attention whore slut and you're just watching for the tits, but who wants to watch a balding manchild play videogames?

Speaking of which, was FF3 ever released in english in it's original form?

1,2,3 i don't know but looks like a beta

4, 5 if you enjoy bit stuff because of technology limitations, also odd feeling to past times

6, 7 are good games but it takes some time to get all the stuff

8 its "new" it has interesting gimmicks, but without a guide you will have to restart

9 Balanced, but it leaves you with a little void

10 Interesting movie had potential to become something else has its cringy moments

11,14, online stuff not worth it

12,13 and spinoffs, only if you have shit taste and A LOT of autism

is 7 good? i saw a lot of people claiming it to be LE BEST

A lot of people are retarded.

Yup. That's entirely accurate.

I think you're the one with the shit taste.

Yes tactics how could i forget
That is really good, and takes a lot if time of your life

But the rest is bad, like really

6, 7, and 9 are the best. 4, 5, (Tactics) and 10 are great. 1 and 3 are solid. 11+ is no longer Final Fantasy. 8 is a mixed bag and, as much as i love to shit on it, it's still playable. 2 is garbage, but they cut out the shitty parts and made them into SaGa games.

FF7 is the best FF like The Matrix is the best movie: it's fantastic and was mindblowing for several reasons at the time, but it's cutting edge has dulled with the years, it's not what everyone wants in a (game/movie, select analogy), and peoples' unbridled joy for it has caused reactionary disgust for it.

7 is definitely my favorite, but i'd say 9 is the best.

God damn, to this day she still makes my dick rock fucking hard. Why couldn't she have been in a better FF game.

Of all of the numerous things to complain about, you chose the "Everything has to be Tolkien rip-off!" argument.

12 isn't bad. It may not be mind rocking orgasm great but when you have games like 13 and 15 to compare it to, or even 10 and 8's leveling system, it's solidly OK.

Everyone keeps saying IX is fucking great and I legitimately don't understand why. All I remember from IX was that it was hideous and that Kuja was an okay character. It was far from the "return to form" I keep hearing people say it was.

are we serious right now

3 is a solid experience right up until the final dungeon, which is absolute bullshit.

As far as 1 & 2 go you'd be better off playing the old Dragon Quest games, those are much better.
3 is fun but honestly I think it's aged very poorly, in part due to it's use of the silent protagonist the game is too damn long for how bland the characters are

4 is where the series REALLY starts to pick up and I'd highly recommend playing 4,5 and 6 before playing any of the 3d ones.

Once you get to the PS1/2 it's really hit/miss.
I think 7 is still a fun game, but that 8 is dog shit and that 9 is the best 3D ff but like I said, for those games it's almost entirely up to the person's preference on which one's are "good" and "bad'. FFX is certainly a video game but it's really a crap shoot weather you'll like it or not, same with 12. The larges difference between them is that X is almost literally walking forward simulator (except for temples) until almost the very end of the game when you get to go wherever. It's real attraction is how much fun the combat is and how interesting the level up system is.
12's kinda the opposite, where everything is great BESIDES the combat system/level up

11 and 14 are MMOs. 11's dead and 14s on life support, you can skip them.

Don'

So is it confirmed that everyone dies in the end? Can I start spamming shit twitch streamers.

Tactics
You don't need to play any other one really

1, 5, 6 or Tactics.

I bought this, and played it for the past 5 or so hours.

And my god, this is the comfiest 5 hours I've played, though, I had to change my party's outfits to look less "k-pop boy band" and more "Shlubby guys going on a road-trip"

And the side-quests, especially some of the hunts, are really fun to play through, battles are fluid and animations are nice, and the little things, my god the little things that the characters do and how they interact, battle system is pretty fun too.

Solid 9 from me, less of a disappointment than MGS5 was. My only gripe is just how the characters look, and their fucking hair, jesus.

ROADTRIP - THE VIDEOGAME needs to be more of a thing. I have so many fond memories of roadtrips with my merry band of faggots IRL that this game is perfect (since we all live in separate states now.)

It's quite good and does a lot of things very, very right. The intro is a great example. It manages to be visually incredible (for its time) and engaging to the player, unlike most cinematics. You ride into a power plant on the back of a high speed train and are almost immediately tossed into combat. Compare that to other JRPGs which take upwards of 5-10 minutes before letting you actually play the damn game.

How about now?

And just like that, she shows up in a better FF game.

cute

i agree, it captures alot of elements of 5, 6, and 8

It's a sandbox game

Honestly with all of the people working on this, why has anyone done anything about this shit?

good

I love this game since my waifu who I thought was long dead is back. FFXV is ok, but not too bad as some are exaggerating here. Most of the nitpicking comes from those who watches twitch/jewtube while complaining about the cancer of watching games. I'd say just borrow or if a demo is out just try and play and if it's not your taste move on. I'm seeing more demos out nowadays so it's a positive thing the gaming industry has done so far except for MGS, who the fuck pays for demo?

I fucking love chibis.
I love fucking chibis.

How is World of FF?

How's the combat? Is it like Kingdom Hearts or what?

This game is actually comfy as fuck with the road trip parts you and the boys doing your thing camping, hotel hopping and having fun is actually pretty cool this might be the only redeeming part of this game

Is it still "hold button to awesome" shit?

I've heard some reviews and players saying you could tap the buttons and use directional inputs just like if you were holding it.

Can you drive cars off the road?

How much interaction is there with the chocobos?

Pretty good. Combines some of the good FF mechanics with some nice CG/animu cutscenes. Remix of all the FF battle OSTs and some cute comfy characters. One of their biggest mistake and almost stopped me from getting it was the exclusive day one jap VA. Luckily I got it and at a cheaper price too.

I really like it, mostly because I was able to switch the voice acting to JP. The writing was the single biggest turn off I've ever seen in a game that interested me. Other than that, mix and match pokemon JRPG tickles my autism in just the right way.

It's pretty much OK, but it's not the masterpiece people who honestly ate up the marketing are saying. Especially when better versions were showcased in earlier years; I have yet to see Phantom Sword attacks from the Duscae demo appear in the current game, and yet everybody is acting like throwing just one blade and teleporting is the best thing ever. The story is terrible and bare bones, that's for sure.

If you have absolutely nothing to do and you want yet another open-world game to complete, pop the disc in.

This shit was almost as hyped as Half-Life 3 and had fans waiting for 10 years. Even if it turns out to be shit, they've sold enough and made enough cash to produce at least two more mediocre FF to make up for this failure. They will just promise to go back and make them similar to older FF games and fans will slurp that shit like cum wanting sluts, even if they don't do as promised. Just take a look at the FF7 remake reactions. And don't forget KH3 with a near religious fanbase that keeps them above water no matter what.

SE and Nintendo are genius at making people buy their shit by nurturing their fans from childhood, and have their cultists spread through the internet like a virus, infecting everyone to be their drone.

It's not certain, though Noctis and Luna seem to be confirmed to have died. There are some cutscenes after the final bossfight QTE where the main group sit around talking like before, though it *might* be explained by them being in some spirit world.

Ardyn being muh immortal revenge was so obvious, however, that I don't consider it a spoiler.

FF12 also has the best story of the entire series.

Am I just hallucinating when I remember the game being really poorly received when it first came out? I remember everyone shitting on it for the linear design, shitty voice acting, and retarded character design, but for the last several years I see tons of people remembering it fondly.

Stop posting your lets play cancer

There's no lets playery, it's just the best quality of that cutscene online.

I wanted Kingdom Hearts: Edgier Edition

PROMPTO'S BOIPUSSI GENERAL

To be fair, FF Type Zero is actually good.

Yeah, but I just get triggered by every l'Cie mention.

For you.

That game is pretty fun actually.

They hide that shit like six hours in though. I was already fully invested before I suddenly realized Lightning might show up. She didn't, astonishingly and it actually uses the 13 mythos to do something cool, unlike 13.

In the case of MGS the demo was better than the actual game

I decided to go check out a stream, this is some fucking retarded shit.

Boss fights are QTE's

Nope

No. That's like asking me if I miss this Aussie bitch.

Sad fact is that 11 and 14 are more honest FF titles than anything else since 9.

I'm so disappointed.

this HAS to be the biggest fucking turd ever released

my god how do you fuck it up that bad

I'm still fucking mad about it.
Game is objectively shit but I'm enjoying it, literally the opposite of P5 which was objectively good but I only liked it for the nip-tourism-simulator aspects

Stop right there. How dare you. Rikku is the purest, cutest, sweetest, most adorable waifu there ever was or ever will be, and you're more than just a garden-variety dumbass for saying such unfounded, slanderous garbage. You've ascended to a level of dumbassery that the scientific community had previously thought to be unattainable. You're the Dragonborn of dumbasses.

account doesn't work
still can't log into ffxiv arr

a update this post of mine
- The fishing minigame: is just QTE disguised as gameplay, follow screen inputs and get the fish, no real skill or gameplay involved.
- Kill Monster X: unlike FFXII, which i hate, you just follow waypoints and kill X monster, no hunt or secret involved
- Bosses: Main Bosses are just QTEs with lil bits of gameplay which is hold button to evade until new prompt, your level, skill or weapons are irrelevant.
-10 hours rush: it's possible to end the game in 10 hours or so just by doing the main story quests, THIS IS NOT A SPEEDRUN TIME, supposedly it's 10-13 hours doing only main quest and watching the cinematics, speedrun will probably get even shorter
- Your party only has 4 characters and none of them are truly fresh out or charismatic, the writing is terrible and the English VA is abysmal.

Someone should take 12's assets and make a real game out of them.

Truly a GOTY candidate.

They still likely would be if this was still FF13 Versus.

This is where the thread should have ended.

You only have yourself to blame

I don't even know this guy.

Tell him its a bad game.

You guys think we're ever gonna get dissidia/a dissidia game on pc?

[panic]

Final Fantasy XIII took 3 games and half a decade to reach 11 million.

If FFXV alone can reach those numbers through its sheer amount of marketing, there really is no God left on this earth but the Jew.

I'm actually considering buying this game. The demo was kinda cool.

WoFF is not half bad, but it has its flaws. There are two big flaws from making it good. Down side one is the story, mainly the 90% of the jokes are wordplay which falls flat which I think is just something lost in translation. I am told Japanese double entendres are often funny but just don't work in English. Down side two is how fucking easy it is. If it was much harder it would be way more satisfying. Still despite these flaws its still comfy and addictive. Probably the best Final Fantasy game I have played in almost 20 years. Which isn't saying much considering the last really good FF game was FF6.

Game of the Year. Most red-pilled gaming in a decade. I Cry every time. Why even FF when Dragon Quest is 200% better?

Wait, America is in this game?

twitter.com/fiddlecub/status/803681319985250308
archive.is/7nWjA#selection-1131.0-1131.12

You just made your post stupid immediately.

People have known Kevin is a huge faggot for a while now.

I just hope he doesn't ruin Divinity: Original Sin 2, he's both a game writer and designer at Larian

The scene where she fuels up the car for you really is great. Can't find a link to it right now though.

now i want to play it

he will and will have free reign to do so as Larian made it clear that they want more "Female gamers".

Fucking faggot.

This is too good

Is that shitlord slut shaming Cindey and telling her what kind of clothes to wear?!

as stated before, youtube vids of all cutscenes and all plot-related 'let this boring dialog play out' parts are about five hours long. That includes all the boss fights.

some of those boss fight vids have boyband prince defeating his first god at level 3 or so and the second at level six.
(Almost all the bossfights are fighting a god so you can get his summon. there are six.)
People faffing around in Act One doing sidequests are pretty much high level enough to finish the game.

i play it for 5 hours after borrowing it from a friend, who is a huge casual and thinks Witcher 3 and Skyrim are the greatest games ever made, after he got annoyed, this what is more or less his "review": "This is just so gay and dumb, they keep making stupid poses like they are models or something, the combat is a mess and the story makes no sense, why should i care about some stupid kingdom? or these 4? or that blonde chick? who the fuck was that fedora creep? the world is empty and there won't be any mods!"

This is good news.
You should encourage him to return it to the store and get a refund.

These people are the living embodiment of the AIDS virus.

oh i did, shit got way more funny after i explain to him the basic story "so his dad died, his kingdom is in flames and he goes on a roadtrip? are you fucking serious? what the hell a quest for rings? what about build a Resistance or something? the blondie is doing it? so it really is 4 gays in a road trip? why nobody seems to care about the war?" the writing is terrible and full of holes, but when even casualfags with the attention span of a fly can see the holes…

FFXV is factually better in every way to FF13 and its sequels.

FACT.

By the way:
ONE BUTTON COMBAT
CAN'T SKIP CAR RIDES (which can go on for 5min+)

We used to joke about last gen's games playing by themselves… But this? This is like a whole new level.

You're too worried. If shit just keeps getting worse, sales only will as well until they're eventually forced to stop doing this shit.

And if not, they pay the price just like cucked studios ultimately will.

Could you finish the game with a half press ?

I just saw a video of a glitch of chocobos stacked on top of each other and I just realized, if the game has cars and other sorts of vehicles, why the fuck would you ride a chocobo? If they're just there for fanservice sake, that's when you know your franchise is fucked.

that is sickening.

men butts faggot.

If only the new dual shock controller had analog buttons

The car handles like shit and can't go offroad from what I saw. The only thing good about it is that it has a radio where you can listen to the OST from older games.

Maybe it's the unconscious use of meme magic. Everything Holla Forums jokes about becomes gaming reality, just like Holla Forums used meme magic to make Trump presidency a reality.
Or we just unknowingly shift between worlds, slowly heading to the worst gaming timeline, while this board acts as a dimensional jump machine.

I assume he has other criticisms besides that, because having a certain female character that offends your personal sensibilities should be the least of your fucking worries in a game this shallow and boring.

Jesus, I hate that they have to do that. They appealed to nostalgia for 10 years now with all the Dissidias and Theatrythm and the countless cellphone crossover shitfests, it's enough.

BACKSTREET'S BACK ALRIGHT

If they want to appeal to nostalgia then why don't they just make new games in their old classic style?

nothing survives development hell, unfortunately it probably already made a profit in pre-orders because people are fucking retarded, but not me. imagine trying to sell this fucking game if it didn't have the final fantasy label on it. "yeah its a game about 4 near identical twats driving aimlessly and eating food sometimes and maybe there's combat between the padding"

cause they also want normalfagbucks

so it's like the Batman Arkham games but with teleporting Backstreet Boys.

Either you haven't played enough of it, or simply have terrible taste.

For anyone who's doubting, watch this stream after the 3:55:40 mark. Look at that fucking mess of a game and the number of things wrong with it. Shit gets hilarious as the fight progresses. I'd make a video of it, but the recording drops to the single digits on my potato. So if anyone else is able to do it, then please do so, this shit needs to be shown to everyone.

twitch.tv/seraphic17/v/104332464

I have no sympathy for SE since they abandoned Final Fantasy's core audience a long time ago in favor of fangirls.

A plot about trying to unite with a princess and reclaim your throne/kingdom from an empire does NOT blend with "guys on a road trip" and it shows constantly

He bought MGS5 of course he has terrible taste.
Japan AAA is as dense as Western AAA these days.
Well, P5 not entirely withstanding. Give 'em enough time and they'll find a way. They already ruined SMT

can't tell if those are supposed to be homos or just the game being a glitchy mess

It's just being a glitchy mess, but the graphical fidelity makes it look intentionally homo

what a tradeoff

damn that IS funny as fuck

How's that working out for 'em?

Gays need to be gassed.

Nice meme

Rydia is better

No, it's just that most people that played it then and liked it were teenagers

The battle system is actually very good. Everything else is a godless abomination.

What a fucking waste of a setting

What setting? It's just random shit pile on each other.

Explain yourself.

HELP how do I stop this person from having fun? This cannot be allowed

Shoot them. They have terminal shit taste and are probably in great pain for trying to justify that their choice in purchasing vidya isn't shit. You'd be doing them a favor.

What even really is the plot? I watched a bunch of cutscenes and read the synopsis on wikipedia and I still don't really get what the point of everything is.
Is that it? Is that the whole plot? Just an old guy getting butthurt about not getting a medal and a prince being told to collect gods and weapons that don't actually matter?

Pretty much my own experience as far as i played.

The road trip aspects are the high point the melodramatic main storyline is the low, and the clash immensely.

And it may be because i had OCD about just sleeping at the best Inn i know off but im level 30 and still are roughly at "recommended Level:10" on the storyline and can do 35 level sidequests without much issue, getting ahead of the curve seems incredibly easy with half a brain.

BUT my issue is instead the economical, because busting 10.000g for a nights sleep doesn't jive that well with my want to have at least one of every item and a minimum of 5 of every ingredient, so my fun is more from balancing the cash book, but even from that stand point shit is obviously fucked up, Gas is ludicrously cheap (10g for a full tank) as is Chocobo rental which are less then 1000 for a full week, if those things were more expensive shit would been a bit better.

And despite having the party awake for 5 days straight i didn't get the supposed debuffs pre-release shit said would be in if you didn't eat and sleep, so there is basically 0 reason to sleep anywhere but a expensive "5-Star" after you got a couple initial levels because you basically double the amount of quests and shit you done by doing so.

Daemons at night are not intimidating in the slightest just annoying since they deny you the car, especially sine you get desensitized to them early due so MANY MANY hunts taking place at night anyway", similarly Imperials Airdropping is basically always a good thing since their drops are pretty valuable and they are basically paper even at similar levels as you, so even if they drop for a "hard" fight you can get em down in like 15-5 seconds depending if you wanna bust a spell or just hold the attack button.

Oh, and Sidequest scenes are hilariously bad, at first i though it was just the models, but even Cindy turns into a spazz in them, but dear god, Sonias mouth.

And that is not even getting into "You won't be able to return" warning at the start of the game with the ferry only for it to basically mean nothing.

Cleigne has the best Battle Theme and frankly? More enjoyable then XIII all in all so far because the terribleness crashes so badly with the points that were done right that it is hilarious.

So what are the RPG elements in this game? Are there classes via skills? Can you use the other characters on your team? How much customization do they get?

Is the combat good at all or is it still the "hold one button to win" shit

They want the Skyrimjob audience. :^)

But no mods. :^(

Rikku is early Christina Aguilera as she entered her permanent slut phase.

CTB

He's Saucegay.

Only the actual fags.

Wrestlers and bad porn actors are acceptable.

4, 6, Tactics, Vagrant Story, 9, 12 had setting potential but it really need a 2nd player option to endure grind with a buddy.

12 IZJS has a fast forward feature. So the grind for post game content is definitely limited.

I'm about 9-10 hours in, game is pretty much holding my interest. Soundtrack is good, Battles are fairly enjoyable (And better than anything in it's class, with the exception of KH, Though FF Type 0's Battle system was tits)

In fact, this is what I wanted the Xenoblade games to be, Now you want to talk about Shit taste?

Give everyone who praised Xenoblade's combat system a swift kick to the dick.

I'm not noticing any clashes in tone, not in the slightest, and you know what? The plot is far less homosexual than any of the Persona game plots.

But is the combat still holding one button to win.

Holding down one button will get you killed in a lot of the fights, I even tried being cheeky and doing it on enemies 9-10 levels lower than me, ended up getting butchered.

Holding down attack is really only useful if you get get a link attack off on 1 enemy away from the group, but if you're not playing defensively and doing warp strikes or dodges (or timing your dodges for bonuses you can level up) then you're going to die, and die quickly.

Enemies hit like a fucking truck, so you need to pay attention to when you defend or even parry (as you're not invulnerable during the "Defend" prompts you get for certain enemy attacks)

The tldr; is

No, you can't hold down a button and hope for the best, especially in the more hectic (6+ enemies in a fucking dungeon, for example) fights.

How do the dodge/parry mechanics work now?

UGH

Oh wait you're getting attacked multiple times in that video

What even has combat like this game besides those exceptions?

That isn't the same as holding down a button. And if you were mashing A the whole time, it would only be attack and nothing else. It would be impossible to win that way.

I can't even tell what's going on in that battle.

>comparing turn-based gameplay to the pretense of action combat but actually full-targeting, movement and combo system from ONE BUTTON
okay

I'm also running, targeting, leaping (not the jump-up but long lunges), attacking with full combos with a SINGLE BUTTON HOLD

you are defending AUTO-TARGETING, AUTO-COMBO, AUTO-RUNNING from a SINGLE BUTTON HOLD
I'd prefer Samurai Warriors 4 tier button mash to this. Honestly. The only real difference in combat on higher levels is
EVERYTHING HAS TOO MANY ANIMATION FRAMES AND EACH ONE OF THEM IS SLOW AS SLUGS
and last but not least

Aside from occasionally using a potion, that's it.
There's no "combat system" really. Certainly no tactics. Just hold circle, press triangle to get out of the way fast, use a potion, repeat.
Switch weapon for variation.

no classes but the guys kinda have specialties (burly guy does more damage, faggy guys do better with magic). by the way magic is just 'throw a grenade in X element'
you can't switch out party members, occasionally a 5th guy comes along for a few story missions
customization is via sphere grid so mostly boosts. there are team attacks, hilariously one is where the faggy instagram dude jumps in to take a picture and it does extra damage

Willful delusion can do that to you.
What else do you call
one minute and FACTUALLY ONLY FIVE MINUTES LATER

NO ONE acts the way they should because ROAD TRIP TIME!
Oh but now plot happens so be sad again.
okay
okay good NOW BACK TO PICTURES WOAH BAHAMUT BOSS huehuehue Prompto likes Cindy huehuehue I wish I had super king power like you Noctis "Except you suck as a king" "lol you guys"

You know what? If you camp between the emotional part and the road trip parts, you actually DO have tonal transitions between one of your friends giving you a small quest where they talk to you and actually want to know how Noctis is holding up. It was pretty cool and made me like Ignis a bit because, you know, humanity.
BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE TONAL TRANSITIONS OPTIONAL
Otherwise everything is schizophrenic and makes no sense. Why is Noctis joking and goofing off with his buddies, and why are his buddies joking around and laughing __ONLY TWO DAYS AFTER THEY FOUND OUT THEIR KINGDOM IS WRECKED AND HIS DAD IS DEAD?!

Whatever. I enjoy what I get out of the game but the clashing tones and singular button press combat is factually terrible.

bait

most likely he's not seeing clashes in the tone because he's one of those spergs who spends 10 hours doing sidequests and hunts before the plot actually starts. since the 'its a roadtrip' kinda goes out the window once squall finds out his family's dead

jrpgs have and always will be shit
fucking kill yourself weebshit faggots

have mercy, i'm trying to no fap for a few days but i can't contain myself around a falling tank top strap like that

Holy SHIT, you actually ARE autistic.

Noctis mostly gets dialogue choices here and there in the game which have minimal impact on the story.
And by "minimal" I mean ultimately none.

It's not even like Persona, either, where your next-to meaningless choices are just roleplaying/flavor for the story. Noctis is a set character with his own personality, dialogue, choices etc. It's just further pretense.

I do like that you have a reason to be exchanging letters with the supposed love interest of the game, though, instead of talking to her face-to-face: you only ever met her once as a child and have been pen-spouses ever since.

Doesn't change the reality that long distance relationships in an RPG do NOTHING for establishing a relationship, let alone intimate player compassion. There's a reason Nanako was with you every single night of P4 and why your qt teacher was so reliant on you (despite not always being with you) in SMT:Nocturne.

Lunafreya is neither with you in person nor is she reliant on you. It's just you and your buddies stumbling across an adventure, and yet the entire subplot of the story involves a supposedly strong romance between Noctis and this broad you never get to really know.

HUEHUEHUE

That's the thing, user! It doesn't!

You just get through taking out a base of the empire as a show that you are still alive and want revenge for what they did to you, your father and your land, and then RIGHT AFTERWARDS you get a call from the big guy's little sister asking to see you in another town and you know what? Prompto starts acting like a kid wanting to see the chocobo!

Noctis is not a few days out from realizing his life is over and this idiot is bitching about wanting to pet the giant chickens!

And on your way to the new town, the very same idiot asks if you want to take a picture with some landmark in the distance like we're taking a break from a trip to Disney.

Even when the plot has finally started the road trip doesn't end! The road trip never ends! They keep flitting between "oh man the king is dead sorry Noctis I wonder what will happen to us HEY WANNA GET SOME FOOD OH MAN THE CHICKENS LET'S TAKE A PICTURE haha rememeber that one time we did that thing that was funny? It was so funny"

And that's the game so far. It doesn't get tonally consistent until the latter half of the game, and things go from free roam to linear in the last half/last third of the game also.

Sorry, user, gotta keep in mind how potent that pic is
Maid-Cake is best Cake

What I can't fathom is that at some point the CEO of Square must have ask the question "So Tabata what is you plan for the next installment of or flagship title Final Fantasy, the series that we are best known for and the one that practically defines the term JRPG for most of the world?" and Tabata's response was "Get this boss… it's going to be a bunch of visual kei twinks going on a big dumb faggot roadtrip! And the final boss is just some guy that didn't get enough asspats so him and the head twink have an anime style street brawl! OH ALSO all the combat is single button and boss battles are QTEs… So whadya think?"
And then the CEOs response was "Son… I like the cut of your jib." rather than the more reasonable "You have 20 min. to clean out your desk and get the fuck out of my building before I call security. And by security I mean the Yakuza."

I wonder if Jontron knows that square enix saw his video and made a system specifically designed to let the game play itself? Someone should tweet this to him.

Is this guy based off Hurley from Lost?

Did you see the stream at that timeframe. How do you defend that?
The guy clearly stands in one place, surrounded by multiple enemies at a higher level than Noctis, and the rest of the whole party dead, and the AI was still having trouble hitting him. Even then, he just baited attacks to parry them with ease. There doesn't seem to be any precise timing to do that, either.

The only joke is that people seem to think this is something new. Even more so for the company in question.
Hell, Square had the exact same shit in at least Seiken Densetsu 3 if you held the attack button.
They aren't even being original with their methods of casualization, just rehashing all their ancient shit.

This is the best Final Fantasy since VII.

that's not saying a whole lot cause VII is shit.

That slipping tank top is too fucking sexy.

Clothes gradually hanging off is a supreme fetish.

You wot, mate? You had to move to where you could actually hit the enemy in SD3. And there sure as hell was no auto-dodge.

Progression is basically Crystalion/Skyrim-esque

You have like 7 "trees" to put Abillty Points in, that ido everything from giving you Strength Proportional to your level, making dodging cost less MP, draining more magic from draw points, to giving you AP while driving/riding the car, Improving Arminger and give the freeloaders more skills and attacks.

You only play as Noctis and do 90% of all lifting, as is won't to happen in 90% of all RPGs

Depends on the encounter, for shit like Magitek Troopers it is perfectly fine to do so since they are literal trash (with pretty good fucking drops), but there are enemies that will either be so any that you will auto dodge into another attack or their attack is so wide the dodge doesn't get faraway enough, there is also some "deadtime" between HOLD ATTACK and HOLD DODGE and you can and will dodge into other enemies attacks every once in a while. BUT for "difficult" fights like that you just cast a Quintcast (Just throw in one of the consumables the empire enemies drops when crafting) spell and do insane damage that way, casting a 9999 damage spell 5 times and either killing it&/ that group of enemies instantly or at least get em down to like 20% health/2 enemies left.

The enemies do have weaknesses and resistances to certain weapons and shit too, but generally i just found myself using Daggers(fast), A Royal Arms Scepter(Hits like a truck and the warp strike is takes you above the enemy and throws the weapon rather then to the enemies face, meaning you won't Warp Strike into a enemy attack), and a 1-Sword(Cause it has neutral coverage on most shit because MUH MAINCHARACTER WEAPON), and a spell in the last slot and slaughter everything but bird-types or things way out of level range.

Fuck birds, and basically the combat is shit.

It's worse then optional bro, as i said earlier, camping is a waste of EXP cause muh 2x EXP, doesn't help that Ignis cooking bonuses aren't all that good due lasting such a short time unless you pump AP into it and you can just grab food from a non-Crows Nest restaurant for bigger, longer lasting ones.

So you have to go out of your way to get those scenes and the "Tour" quests, that's bad game design.

Game has already sold 5 Mil copies

user?

That 'Ultima' is Bahamut

I guess marketing really is everything.

Do you have any source to back up that claim?

It always has been
You just need to find alternate ways to recoup the money lost on it.
Thats the AAA industry today and normalfags will eat that shit right up.
At least the cancer season is over
Now all thats left is to watch the Game Awards.

Here
nichegamer.com/2016/12/01/worldwide-shipments-for-final-fantasy-xv-break-5-million/
Autistic fans and brand name are a marvelous thing.

That says shipments not sales.

doesn't that just mean they're expecting to sell a shit load of copies?

It'll sell as well as a pile of dogcrap with the Apple logo would, i.e. millions.

That means retailers expect it to sell well so they bought all those copies.

Meaning retailers could get seriously burned if it doesn't sell as well. Like what's happening to Marvel comics.

SHIPPED
Always read the fine print.

Don't scare me like that.

It'll probably sell even more user

I think they would like to do it, but they probably think it's just too much money and time spent on designing worlds and characters that don't feel modern.
It's one thing to design a 16 bit fantasy game world, but a fully 3D one is too much for them. They released that one FF ios game that was new, and tried to make it feel classic, but ultimately, no one cares about ios games and rightfully so, because they look ugly as sin, and watered down for quick gameplay sessions.
I know, it's bullshit, many JRPGs from this era pulled it off with much smaller budgets.

And yet the Enix half of the company doesn't have any problem doing just that. They should have just let Square go bankrupt a decade and a half ago.

Someone should edit jontrons video and replace the ffxiii clips with clips from ffxv but keep the "

My finger slipped. Keep the "THE GAMES JUST PLAYING ITSELF" audio and tweet it to jontron for maximum exposure

it's over FFFag's, you can shut it down now.

attackofthefanboy.com/news/final-fantasy-15-now-fastest-selling-game-series/

but they won't. Normalfags eat it up

Shipped =/= sold.

Let's not be too hasty now, let's wait and see if the stock is sold and the shops need more first. The first shipment is hardly any sign of how well a game is selling.

This must be "According to polls, Hillary Clinton has a 90% chance of winning" Part Two.

if if if if

i think it will sell "well" or at least way more than it really deserves, but it will not reach 10m , i just don't see it happening, the game tries to pander to two opposite audiences and fail miserably, still i see it selling 3m-6m copies.

OKIE DOKE

As long as you are on the same screen as the enemy and held down the attack button, the controlled character would move in on its own, auto attack and switch targets after it beat its current fucker to death.

As far as auto-dodge goes, I guess that is just the unending march of TECHNOLOGY for ya.
Maybe in another two or three decades they will have auto combat with auto items on half a circle press.

I wanna stick my dick in those girls

This is very true, mate. You're right. It's even worse than I said.

I'm enjoying it

JEW SOAP

t. user with shit for taste

I will admit. I like Ardyn.
First time in several games that we have a villain I can dig

what is quick travel

Until you see the place, you are forced to sit there watching these idiots drive for at least
5 MINUTES STRAIGHT
It's not some loading screen. It's not a cutscene hiding a loading screen. It's just siphoning my life out of my eyes.

Oh boy, I can't want to see his video on this

I was convinced Vayne was going to join the party until the final battle of FF12

I almost miss FF12

Funny how they both have that particular smirk

New video by CrowbCat when?