Opinions on the cornetto trilogy?

Opinions on the cornetto trilogy?

Tradition is the true enemy of faggotry.

Get this Tzeentchian shit out of here, fags.

Also reminder that Star Trek Beyond flopped beyond belief - granted it was for reasons beyond Sulu being turned into a fag, but that didn't help.

pure redditness

a chink
A nigger
Comic feminism

Anyway that account is moderated by a PR person. Simon probably doesn't even know it was posted. Not saying he wouldn't approve. Just saying not worth getting upset over what some left wing PR scrub posted.

Anyway the movies were of the fuckin' chain.

Is this a capeshit reference? Who are these people?

I quite seriously thought Shaun of the Dead was complete and total shit devoid of any merit whatsoever. I didn't laugh, I wasn't scared, and I felt the entire concept was wasted. I probably hated it so much from a combination of all the hype I'd heard before watching it, and having a much better idea in my head. I thought the film was going to be a commentary on being so complacent in society and everyone acting like zombies and Shaun basically living his life on autopilot that a zombie apocalypse literally is happening around him, and he doesn't notice. That's funny. That would have been amusing. That's the plot for roughly five minutes, as soon as he realized what was going on all my interest drained away. I found most of the actors really annoying. All the interpersonal drama was cringy to watch. The whole movie falls completely to pieces when they reach the bar, and they're suddenly able to hold off the zombies by doing

FUCKING NOTHING.

Shaun's fat retard pothead friend was a fat annoying retard pothead. Why should I give a shit that Shaun hates his stepdad? What's funny about him recounting going to the pub over and over and over again? Where's the humor in a halfassed scene of them trying to act like zombies? Did anyone seriously laugh at them bumping into another group of survivors? THAT HAPPENS IN EVERY ACTUAL ZOMBIE MOVIE YOU TWATS.

It's so genuinely awful it actually makes me angry people say it's good.

It's not that bad, the writing is unique/decent and picks up on things you'd forget and returns back to it scenes later. It's not really supposed to be a comedy or some social commentary, it's just a fun zombie flick revolving around the life of some dude trying to save his mate/family and gf. I wouldn't dig too deep into it.

hot fuzz is a solid flick that respects its influences. it's also an action comedy that does both parts, which is a rarity after the 80s.
world's end is either a shit body snatchers ripoff or a documentary addressing the JQ, haven't decided which yet

such as?

I'll change your house into a burning crater then.
Oh, you don't like change now?

Yeah that's the problem with their shitty buzzword driven ideology. When you say that not all change is good, they will say you're a dumb reactionary for even thinking it. But when a prospective change is not in their favor they will fight tooth and nail to make sure it doesn't come to pass.

Good movies, all three of them. I appreciated World's End a lot more on second viewing. Hot Fuzz is my favorite.

Change isn't always a good thing, and as people say, "don't fix what isn't broken"

What if i change their skin into lampshades or bodies into soap?

isn't it the opposite? the only people I know that still use change are old people who think it's more traditional than paying with a card or phone

Wasn't Takei himself pissed they made Sulu gay?

I'd take anything a kiddy fiddler who got his dick fondled live on air said with a grain of salt.

kek

it's like how leftists in Finland consider themselves radical and counterculture even though the country has been run by leftists since the end of WW2

All three films are peak reddit garbage with only a few laughs between them. I think Americans have this weird idea that british humour = good humour even though the best stuff like Vic and Bob or Mitchell and Webb never even gets exported.

It doesn't, it switches in a jarring fashion two thirds of the way through. If you are going to make humorous action scenes like in Johnny English or something that's one thing, but to have actual action in a comedy doesn't sit well with me.

>>>/reddit/

They justify it in their heads by saying Brexit is a 'backslide'.

Not defending Takei because he is a bitch, but he definitely did get upset about Sulu being gay. That is besides the point, because they used the progressive shield to fool people that Star Trek 3 wasn't a steaming pile of garbage from the first trailer alone, that pretty much killed people's interest. They turned that shit into Guardians of the Galaxy.

Only Star Trek is a film, m8. The second is a play and the third is a fucking comic.

reddit

DAILY REMINDER
DAILY REMINDER
DAILY REMINDER

Traditionalism is a spook.

His twitter is a total trainwreck
HEY DRUMPF YEMEN NEEDS FOOD HEY TERESA MAY THEY NEED FOOD IN YEMEN GIVE THEM SOME
I AM AN ACTOR SO I KNOW ABOUT YEMEN

You too can defeat dementia with just two simple clicks!

Your kind is not welcome outside of your containment board

I agree, they really should. Wait, you're talking about Holla Forums right? :^)

slavery is legal in yemen :^)

OP asked about the 'cornetto trilogy' which is Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and At World's End.

I liked Shaun of the Dead before the zombie meme got old. Now I dot really care either way about it. Hot Fuzz mostly sucked, and the third one was completely shit.

no, because Holla Forums is Holla Forums.

Shaun of the dead is pretty shitty
Hot Fuzz is the only good film of edgar wright

shaun of the dead has great atmosphere

Yet change for the sake of change is also not necessarily a good thing. Change is can be good or bad. I don't know why they see change as inherently good since it can bring negative things. History isn't one linear progression.

I liked the trilogy. Thouhg I'm trying to understand the third one more. It's not as clear as the previous two regarding the message but I still want to understand it and not shit on it like everyone else did.