I'm convinced this game was meant to be a new IP that would rival Final Fantasy...

I'm convinced this game was meant to be a new IP that would rival Final Fantasy, but during the alpha stage of development funding ran out, so they tossed in some Sonic elements real quick and shipped it.

I don’t know why Sega didn’t just roll with the stupidity of mixing and matching the artistic styles. I want to see Sonic thrown into more completely ludicrous worlds with clashing art styles. Sonic visits the world of Hitman. Sonic goes to Little Big Planet. Sonic goes to Skyrim. Sonic shows up in Civilization VII.

And then just have the character refuse to play it straight, breaking all the conventions of the other games.

I'd play it if it were good.

This.

Why Hitman of all games? It's not even a sega property

Nigger you posted this shit several times already and you still are wrong

sonic heroes 2 when

Wasn't that the final boss of Just Cause 2?

I don't know I never played Just Cause.

I am convinced I've seen this exact same post twice before

Yep. There’s another one, too; Sonic visits Panau and runs the fuck around all the roads, destroying Baby Panay’s shit.

I'm pretty sure it originally started life as Sonic Adventure 3 considering the overall gameplay.

This

If they got rid of the slippery controls, made the rail jumps a bit more responsive, shortened the stages or at least made the Power characters actually worth using when fighting enemies, I'd get it. If it was just SH2 then it can go fuck itself, fucking Chaotix missions taking 20 goddamned minutes, worse than even Mad Space.

if its not copy-paste same levels with different teams id gobble it up
i just miss espio he was cool as fuck
also would that mean we'd get team silver or whatever with silver as fly blaze as speed and omega as power?

nevermind forogt omega was on team dark
bring back the gamma series

Am i the only sane person here who considers such ideas stupid as fuck?

Sega fixed everything with Colors and Generations, why you want non-sonic gameplay in sonic games anyway?

Smash Brothers and KH really killed this industry because now everything has to be epic crossovers xDDD

:(
Yeah.

Explain your stance.

At least it'd be something different. Sonic just blowing through all these different games by running fast would be hilarious.

No, on the contrary, this thread is retarded. Sonic in Civilization, what the fuck.

Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Not only that, reminder that one of the creators of sonic left the company after 06 because he got frustrated with SEGA forcing him to make sonic games over and over instead of original IPs.

You're retarded

Yuji Naka fucking abandoned the studio in the middle of development.

That's totally not going to get old very quick

No it wouldn't what the fuck is wrong with you

So every Sonic game since 2003 then

You mean Naoto Ohshima, Yuji Naka, or some other guy?

That's probably when the new IP they were working became another sonic game.

So the Storybook series? **I wish they did more. They actually understood how to tell a story in SatBK, if only it weren't so short.

Yeah, okay.

They had completely cut their quality assurance division do to budget. Thats all. It doesn't sound as interesting as "It was supposed to be Final Fantasy!" but its the truth

It's a ripple in the matrix otherwise known as deja vu.

I think the biggest concern is why the fuck Sega keeps thinking they need to reinvent Sonic with every new game.
I mean it's no fucking wonder the meme of "Sonic was never good" persists - Sega never lets the series stick to something and improve.

It certainly rivals Final Fantasy in terms of bullshit plot and awfully obnoxious characters that are somehow nice to look at.

You're the retard one, you homo

I'm tired of this meme

Never make a video game, please

Iizuka in an interview stated that neo-Sonic Team weren't even aware of Sonic X-Treme when making Lost World, funnily enough.