Is this worth buying? I'm sure it will be dirt cheap soon

Is this worth buying? I'm sure it will be dirt cheap soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wont lie, there are some great games on the Wii U. Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, terrific games, along with a comfy port of Wind Waker. With that being said though, there also isn't a terribly huge amount of games and the battery life for the controller is terrible.

If you can get it for less than $300 or when piracy is available, I'd say go for it.

You mean right now?

Wii U's been pirateable for over a year now, and just last month the console was cracked almost completely open, meaning all the neat homebrew is starting to drop by.

As for worth buying, the console has a small ammount of great games, and thanks to the virtual console it has a few already built in emulators which people have already figured out how to get non VC games on, so you can play almost every game that's been on a Nintendo console on it. I personally find playing old games on the Gamepad's screen pretty comfy, so there's that.

I bought it for Christmas last year and don't really regret my purchase, even if the console is dead beyond waiting for that Zelda game which will never fucking come out

I got mine for $200 with Super Mario Maker, Super Mario 3D Land and Super Smash Brothers included inside the 32gb Model.

Shame I have no one to play it with. I don't even think I like video games anymore.

I think he meant when you're able to directly install it into the home menu without the huehue exploit.

And Art Academy.
Is that "Game" good for improving my art skills next to loomis, I'm also doing Swapdoodle.

Piracy is made even easier, with USB Loading and you steal the games straight out of Nintendo's servers

Holy shit, fucking show me!

gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/

don't do something retarded like installing a >EU title on a US console

That's a pretty great deal. As for not liking video games anymore, I guess you should take up another hobby besides just vidya, or delve deep into other franchises or discovering games you've never played, even the shitty shovelware ones for a laugh. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Wait, it was hacked? I sorta want to try it now, but I'm worried it'll probably stop me from trying Splatoon multiplayer. I just want an excuse to pirate TMS and Fatal Frame 5.

it won't

Oh, that method.

I don't want format a hard drive.
I wanted to use a USB Flash Drive.

Damn.

>Pen Drive

So I am going to have to run the entire OS and all the games off an external HD/flash drive? Or is it just used for installation purposes?

There is an extended battery (about 7-8 hours) for the controller on Nintendo's website for $35. It's probably a bit much for most people.
But the pro controller has amazing battery life. I don't even know how long it lasts it just keeps going.

I've had the thing for two years and I only charged it once

this is only for people who hacked the Wii channel on the Wii U, ignore it

why do you people suck this bad

EMULATE IT!

You can still play everything online without any worry, there's been no record of Nintendo banning anyone using pirated shit yet.
However since you mentioned Fatal Frame, games that didn't get a physical release require you to install a CFW. Look it up on GBATemp or wiiuiso, it's not too complicated.

It works as if you had legit purchased eShop games on an USB, you just store Wii U games in it, however you can't store anything but in it.

Art Academy is quite alright and pretty comfy, it teaches more about coloring than anything else however, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Pretty good drawing tool nevertheless.

I know right
I got one for my niece around two year ago, she uses it all the time and I've only had to charge it twice

Post her list of favorite games on the system

is your niece hot?

I've been reading through gbatemp but it seems I have to buy a certain game from eshop to use external usb for loading games. Am I just retarded or is this really the only way for it to work?

There's also Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 if you're into that, Devil's Third I guess, the Twilight Princess HD Remake in case you somehow didn't play it already, Pokken, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Kirby, Pikmin 3, and Lego City Undercover

You're better off getting the Switch when it comes by, cholo.

Didn't they confirm that the Switch isn't backwards compatible, since it uses cartridges and not discs

Meaning WiiU games can only be played on WiiU

Took them long enough. I thought it was clear that the loading times were abysmal since the PS1.

Splatoon She was Calli for Halloween
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Twilight Princess
3D World
Smash Bros

She's adorable.

That's fucking cute, user.

>Worst Squid Sister

Good on her, hope she got a lot of candy

Post pics.

emulator cucks are a little sad