Is BF1 worth buying?

Hello Holla Forums,

I played and loved the older battlefield games (Vietnam, 2, 2142) and stopped playing at BF3 because it was such a letdown.

I can't seem to make heads or tails of BF1, though; some of what I've seen and read looks absolutely amazing, while other things make me think, "yep, EA is at it again."

The two things I'm most concerned about are:

Can anyone give me some more information on Battlefield 1?

gif not related

Other urls found in this thread:

battlelog.co/
youtube.com/watch?v=smQ3lziSB_g
youtube.com/watch?v=j1CsdIHTsao
youtube.com/watch?v=dyvYQVSLsa4
youtube.com/watch?v=qrYzxEyBTvc
youtube.com/watch?v=_z16te7RLts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not a mind reader, i don't know what you like in games

You already know how this thread is going to turn out

Let me be more clear, then: How similar is BF1 to the older Battlefield games?

You really expect Battlefield post-COD to play like bf 2?

Okay…

Even if you liked old battlefield games, there's no reason to touch this abomination.

Just go play 2142 for free.

lol no

Time to ascend
battlelog.co/

If you like BF/CoD, sure.

If you want a WW1 game that plays like WW1 get Verdun instead.

It, uh..

it has guns? That's similar, right? Kind of?

I'm going to break the ice a little bit and say only get it when its 10/20 dollars, use a Mexican proxxy to lower it.

Only worthwhile gamemode is Operations and even then there are only like 4 maps

no

literally every single class gets either submachine guns, semi-auto rifles or hip-fired machine guns. only the Scout can choose bolt-action rifles but you will see maybe one Scout in a hundred who isn't a cliff-camping faglord with the biggest scope possible on it, as opposed to the broscout who is charging the front lines and setting people on fire to help. the vehicles are way too fast, can shrug off way too much AT damage (except for the wireless dynamite (???) that Assaults can carry) and are generally just uninteresting. the flamethrower tanks are breddy cool but then they'll just get C4'd or pounded by the enemy tanks that are actually designed to kill them and you know. the flight actually feels kinda cool when it decides to work, but as per usual their interesting cockpit cameras and animations for moving from turret to turret are wasted since flying in third-person is the meta thing to do and otherwise you'll get shot down.

the round types are boring and gay. the big mode they're pushing is Assault (or something, I already forgot what it's called) where the attackers will have five chances to capture several entire maps from the defenders. it's actually a pretty cool idea but it's really poorly executed; there are usually anywhere between four and six sectors to a map and two control points per sector (it's basically Rush on a larger scale) and since every single team you will ever be grouped with is retarded you will either lose ground so rapidly you can never keep up or will get ground into the earth under the perfect aim of their literally twenty or so snipers. mortars are unbelievably powerful and encourage players to take a tremendously mobile, sprinty-hip-shooty approach which basically shits all over the WW1 angle. poison gas? it's a kind of handheld grenade and goes away within minutes. that's it. trenches? they're there but you'll only really ever see them rushing past you as you sprint from A to B

i guess if you needed to sum BF1 up in one word i'd say it should be "disingenuous". the WW1 marketing is skin-deep and makes virtually no sense, since literally 90%+ of the players in any given round are carrying semi- or fully-automatic weaponry. the campaign is equal parts laughable and sad; i wish i could be there to see the look on your face when you play the Italian campaign and learn something new about their slice of the struggle, and instead put on plate mail and slowly walk, Terminator-style, up a mountain while hipfiring a Lewis machine gun. or maybe the campaign where you play as Australian Solid Snake who goes from hating some aussie kid to sacrificing himself for some aussie kid in the space of about fifteen minutes, and in between he kills every turk in gallipoli. the multiplayer is more grindy, twitch-shooty nonsense that has no real heft and feels like shit unless you're holding the team back and running around with a Kar98, contributing nothing and dying every twelve seconds

tl;dr how did i get here i am not good with computer

Just no Op, dont expect something good from this fuckers, who the hell makes a game about WWI whithout France ?, how will you feel if a French studio decides one day to make a game about the American Revolution whithout the Americans huh ? that will suck badly.

If you want a good WWI game get Verdun. Also its a bit weird, cause we all know this game is made my Swedish cucks that proclaim diversity and shit but they dont add France for wathever reason.

How to spot a retard in 5 easy steps, sign up now!!!

You are retarded.

If you were previously disappointed with BF3 then I wouldn't bother with latest incarnation - it's virtually the same game with some extra woodgrain.

glad im not a cliff-camper…

Scout too OP…

youtube.com/watch?v=smQ3lziSB_g

youtube.com/watch?v=j1CsdIHTsao

youtube.com/watch?v=dyvYQVSLsa4

youtube.com/watch?v=qrYzxEyBTvc

youtube.com/watch?v=_z16te7RLts

Honestly, I hate the scope. Kar works better without it, earier to get kills…

Hello fellow anonymous,

should I buy Fallout 4 ?

Sincerely,

user.

New Vegas is the only fallout you ever need…

But thanks for the bait, hopefully this will become a glorius flame war

Hahaha, no.