Is this game worth playing in single-player?

Is this game worth playing in single-player?
It seems like it's coop-focused like RE5 was but I have no one to play with.
However, the difference in this game is that you can switch between characters on the fly, which adds another layer of the inventory management to the game. I'm worried that the AI is going to be retarded and use up all the ammo / herbs at all the wrong times

You can play it in single-player, it works well.
Yes you can easily switch between characters and easily move things from one inventory to another.
The secondary character can't use guns and even if you choose to play as the secondary character, the AI using the other character can't use ammo. They still shoot but the shots are weaker and don't deplete your ammo.
If the secondary character receives a lot of damage they get "downed" for you to revive, they only automatically use herbs on you, the primary character, when you're injured.
I'm not sure what happens when you're playing the support character and the AI as the main gets injured, they probably use the herbs since it's game over when that character dies.

Both revelations games are horrible.

Movement is…alright, slower and less dynamic than RE6 tho.
Combat and shooting is decent enough.
The enemies are SHIT.
The levels are SHIT.
The plot of both games is SHIT.
The pacing is SHIT.
The characters are SHIT.
The bosses are SHIT.
Everything about these games is SHIT and i'm extra pissed about it because the very first part of Revelations on the boat gave me a shit ton of hope for a sort of RE "rebirth", because i love boats as a setting for horror stories…and then it was nothing but shit.
I'm really fucking mad at these games, they were horribly executed.

There's nothing particularly wrong with Revelations 2.

Yeah, fuck off.

If you've already consumed every other RE game and still want more, I guess, but pirate it.
There is no online coop in SP.
Doesn't really do dick from an inventory management point of view.
That's not really the problem. The basic mechanic is that you have a primary character and a secondary character. The secondary character quickly regenerates health, but the primary character doesn't regenerate at all. Now, most items are actually hidden throughout levels, and you can only find said items while switching to the secondary character, to whom they show up as sparkles that you need to point to/shine your flashlight on to "reveal" them to be looted. This means if you want to get through levels quickly, you need to be using your secondary character at all times out of combat, so you don't need to comb through levels a second time with them. The issue with that is that the secondary characters don't actually have guns, and your primary character won't even shoot if you aren't controlling them. You can buy an upgrade with BP (currency) that will let your primary character shoot whatever they're using for free when you aren't controlling them, but it does 1/10 damage and might as well not even exist. The AI is also extremely problematic, as neither character attempts to avoid enemies or show any self preservation whatsoever. Since your primary character doesn't regenerate, controlling the secondary player while enemies are attacking you is going to cost you healing item after healing item, since the AI is beyond worthless and will just stand there and get beat on. They HUGELY downgraded the AI from 5 and 6, and even revelations 1. I have no idea why.

I could go on and on about how badly they fucked this game up. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

There's everything wrong with it, it didn't learn anything from Revelations 1.

Oh yeah LET ME REFERENCE ALL MY OLD LINES YHUCK YHUCK US RE FANS AMIRITE? BAZINGA!

He's a fucking cuck in Revelations 2, a shadow of his former self, shameless half assed pandering, just as half assed as the rest of the game.
Your taste is shit.
Just kill yourself.

This user's right

well they're not masterpieces, but enjoyable anyway. Not a lot of replay value to me personally but I liked them overall.

You can play alright without a 2nd player with no problem. At higher difficulties learning how to use the side character is very useful to save ammo too.

AI is decent enough. Better than RE5 for me anyway, but not really great. I think they won't make you lose faith in mankind at least.

have fun faggot

revelations 1 is fucking kick ass play that shit if you haven't.

revelations 2 is meh its better than 6 but meh

It was just OK

The game is actually better in singleplayer IMO, the character switching adds another layer to the gameplay.

Oh, forgot to add.

The character with the gun doesn't use ammo when controlled by the AI but does absolute shit damage, so you're meant to switch during combat, shoot enemies yourself and do melee combinations, there are even abilities that buff your characters for a few moments after siwtching. Also, the support character (Moira, Natalia) regenerates health, only the main combat character takes permanent damage, so the game is designed to take care of most potential annoyances of AI partners.

Shameful.

Don't worry user, even though nobody reads or cares about your posts, at least you're not Anthony Burch.

No need to sperg out because I called you on your regurgitated bullshit. Just do better next time.

played it this summer and it was one of the better RE games of the last 10 years. Give it a try. The last part of the game will be in a mansion-like environment. You will go down a tunnel and there will be a castle underground. It really felt a little like RE1.

oh yes there is much shit in this game but compared to RE5 or RE6 it is much better. Barrys daughter was annoying as fuck and the kafka references were edgy.

RE thread?
Why the fuck did people think RE6 was good?
RE 4 was shit, it took the horror out of the survival horror genre, the only scary thing was having to restart a section, dozens of zombies moving at you really fast was not exciting at all. RE 5 took survival out of it, making it more excusable to me because it actually accepted that what it was is a crowd shooter. RE 6 is trying to be more like RE 4 but it has so many baby mode mechanics that it's impossible to fail anything that isn't one of the instant death things. It even has an agent hunt, which is a great idea, but spits in the face of original resident evil, because while in older games that would mean, "Okay, there's a slow moving enemy, but he's controlled by a player, so if I get into a corner or in a tight space I'm fucked." The enemy placement in the older games, due to restrictions, was very thoughtful and made the player have to think around whatever the fuck was around them. The spooky part came from the fact that you could be trapped in a room with a zombie and have ineffective shooting controls. I am so nonchalant with RE 6 that I slowly measure up the sight to the heads of zombies and just click them dead, but I don't even have to do that, because wasting shots on body hits isn't a thing because of ammo surplus. SH 3 did it the best where ammo would spawn if you were under a certain threshold, but if you were over it would not spawn and it would make it harder if you were not hording rounds. There's a fucking "Drop more supplies" skill you can buy. There's a skill that takes out the survival in survival horror. Infinite ammo being a thing also would be fine if you had old shitty RE controls, but you have TPS controls that feel great and give you full control.
Games where you should have full control:
Games where you should not have full control:
Fuck.
I know I'm late to this party, but I have so little hope for RE7

smh tbh

this meme needs to die

Sounds like someone's too much of a filthy pleb to git gud at Raid mode.

Get the fuck outta here faggot with your hurt feelings

Name one person who thought it was good, unless you're just baiting.

Raid Mode in Revelations 2 is shit. They gutted everything that made the mode in first game and replace it with RNG and EXP grinding.

the controls in the game were completely well designed, but as the player feels it, you don't have full horizontal control. Maybe you need to die.
kek

I did
Pls no bully

master of magic, you look unwell