Has there ever been a console with a library this great yet so poorly acknowledged...

has there ever been a console with a library this great yet so poorly acknowledged? The saturn has such a ridiculous number of great games, it's a damn shame SoA supported it so poorly. There must be hundreds of great games on this console.

It doesn't help that a lot of the games are super expensive and emulation still has a lot of issues.

the original hardware and a backup loading solution is always the best option. Won't cost anyone more than $100 to get everything they need from even ebay. Burning games is easy as hell. It's pretty interesting to be able to play a $800 game in its entirety without the issues of emulation and on the original hardware.

Was it made by Jews?

sega had jewish founders, but it was developed by Japs. There are just barely any copies in existence, it's one of the best games of its genre, and it's incredibly high demand.

Are you shilling to sell your shit on ebay?

yes, buy them now

Not to mention most of the worthwhile games being Jap only.

i did say soa supported it poorly

Kill yourself.

panzer dragoon saga? are you retarded and seriously don't know anything about video games?

you are pretty stupid if you don't know one of the biggest games on the system, yes

Mednafen looks promising, though I haven't tested it myself though.

You are clearly an underage faggot. I bet you don't even know about the Panzer Dragoon game on Xbox, because your first console was a 360.

OK?

OK what?

mednafen is alright, but you really are missing out on a lot when you aren't playing on the original hardware. At least the saturn pad can easily be used on the PC, it'd be a shame to play these games with ds3/4 or a 360 pad.

It's pretty neat that the Sega Saturn analog stick used magnets in the design.

I find it fascinating that the saturn 3D pad went on to be the foundation of the dreamcast, then original xbox duke/S, then xbox 360, and then Xbox One pads. The Xbox One even uses magnets as a principle for measuring the analog triggers. The saturn analog feels remarkable too, and unlike the fucking N64 stick, won't give out.

bump for segata

Just because you can use a VPN doesn't make you hotshit retard. Look, I can do…

Yes.

The same thing

also, this really is one of the best RPGs of all time

The Mednafen core is pretty lagging on my computer, but the Yabause core is better for some reason. Also I'm having trouble saving my games.

You retard, you said it yourself that the system and it's library was poorly acknowledged, so what the heck did you expect?

Enjoying the new Call of Duty, my underaged friend?

You know developers really care when you find they've invented a whole new language for the game.

Caelum hume sitien taire
Vertus sahrel shamasantia
Ecce valde generous ale posselna volucritus

(( In the sky, the earth, and the beloved sea,
The Knower of Truth hath appeared
Look - The precious Winged One takes flight ))

Sona areru ec paldeel?
Sona mi areru ec sancitu?
Ale posselna volucritus

(( Art thou the bringer of ruin?
Art thou the holy one?
The Winged One takes flight ))

Tenna prena posteri dire
Vertus narrel mea chorus
Aude valde generous sana fiare actertis

(( I shall tell you the wishes of time,
I shall sing the tale of truth
Listen - That precious voice spins the everlasting story ))

Sona areru ec paldeel?
Sona mi areru ec sancitu?
Sana fiare actertisia

(( Art thou the bringer of ruin?
Art thou the holy one?
That voice spins the everlasting story ))

this is Holla Forums, you know. People usually know the biggest games on a platform at a bare minimum

don't be shy people, celebrate the saturn

shaturn

Satan

Why does no one appreciate the Game Boy Advance
It had great games:
Megaman Zero
M&L: Super Star Saga
Sonic Advance
Megaman Battle Network
FFV
Gen 3 pokemon
Minish Cap
Metroid: Zero Mission

never seen anyone who didn't like it

I FUCKING HATE THE GAME BOY ADVANCED GOD DAMN

How often does that sort of thing happen? I'd heard about the Hymnos language in the Ar Tonelico series before, and Tales of Eternia does something neat with Melnics being translatable into both Japanese and English (Tales of Xillia repurposes it into the "Long Dau" language Wingul inadvertently slips into when he's boosting), but I'm not all that aware of games that did that aside from those.

Shame Sega lost the source code from what I hear, and as such the game's never been ported around the way some of their other JRPGs have been.

Amiga (outside of Europe)

SotC and ICO had unique languages. It's important to stress how incredible Panzerese is. The fact that they wrote a fucking beautiful song with it is really something. Seriously, just listen to it if you haven't:
The source code being lost is a shame, but I don't think it's necessary. Sega kept masters, absolutely, and frankly if the work is put into getting an emulator out there, I'd love to see it be picked up by Sega and the system and all its timeless games being given a chance to shine.

Apart from some better versions of some games the Amiga never clicked with me as anything particularly special.

U FKIN WOT

Quite opposite for me, check out my amiga setup

I'LL KNUCK YOUR GOBS OFF MATE

It's very cool, but when I think of the Amiga, no games really stand out. The Sharp X68000 is the only PC system that really makes me want to look into it.

really just little things like how developers could program the keyboard lights to go in tune with the music. Makes the system feel so spectacular.

X68000 is pretty cool, but it was much more expencive than humble A500, not even mentioning prices today. I've got this amiga with 2 joys, about 100 floppies and in an original box for just 36 GBP. You can transfer floppy images from PC very easely with a simple modem cable and people are still coding for the Amiga.

And here's a great game for the Amiga's predecessor loaded from a tape. While C64 was very succsesfull in USA, just like with Amiga, most of the better software was done in Europe. Seems like Americans stuck to their consoles for vidya and IBMs for anything else, where in Europe micros had a great success

I forgot about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. And yeah, I certainly wouldn't object to them doing some official rereleases if possible for some of their harder to find stuff. I suppose the real question is whether they'd find it feasible to do, as far as production cost to profit goes. I mean, while I'm sure JRPG fans would happily snag a rerelease of PDS, I'm not sure how many people (especially those more prone to focus on the more mainstream franchises compared to looking more at everything, popular or not) that are really aware of the game's existence in general, given how hard it is to find.

That embed's not exactly helping things. Just saying.

My bad, the video was private instead of unlisted. It should work now !

Saga has a massive pedigree among JRPG fans, I'm not necessarily one of them - but you get the right people talking and a re-release, even if it's just emulated would garner a ridiculous amount of attention. Frankly the game is nothing to scoff at and truly is one of the best in its genre.

C64 game from 2012

Yeah, I'd love to give it a go sometime as there's a lot of classic ones I still would like to play rather than write off as never-evers, but I doubt my toaster is up for Saturn emulation (and from what I hear). Would be especially nice if they somehow managed a physical rerelease, but I'd wager between the time difference between now and initial release, and western sales for it having been lacking (though I suspect that was more an issue with Sega not bothering to print many than lack of interest), we'd be lucky to just see a digital rerelease.

It gets better, the language is used throught all the Panzer Dragoon games and during the intro to Saga but after the protagonist gets shot and the player enters his body, everyone starts speaking nipponese since you can understand the language (and japanese players can now understand what's actually being said).

I think the fact they brought it over to the US and EU is a miracle considering the Saturn's state outside of Japan. Absolute shame the console failed due to the incompetence of the two regions, although, mostly SoA. The Saturn was Sega's best console.

Also, I just got an e-mail about this.

Sounds like how in Eternal Darkness some chapters start with the characters speaking in their native tongues with subtitles, but then transitions to regular English audio for them (due to the Tome of Eternal Darkness apparently being able to either pump information directly into Alex' mind as she reads it and lives out the memories of the prior Tome bearers, or at least acclimating her to the character's tongues via magic). Do wish they would have carried through with it a bit more than just Pious and Anthony's chapter's though; no real reason for Ellia to know native English in 1150 (being a slave dancer in Cambodia), nor Karim to do so in 565.

Yeah, I recall hearing that one guy, what was it, Bernie Stolar (?) used to block localization of any games he didn't personally like or something. I think I've also heard he used to do the same at SCEA, but I'm not sure if that was before or after he was at SoA. Either way, I'd have thought his prior blocking of games would have been reason enough for whatever company did so later to not hire him, but maybe that's just me.