Which is your favourite, Holla Forums?

Which is your favourite, Holla Forums?

Why the fuck was this thread deleted the first time, mods?

I hate the new mods. This place is more and more like 4chan by the day.

I have the thread open in another tab and there wasn't a single instance of avatarfagging. There was just the one shitpost at the start and we actually had a right good thread afterwards. Now I regret not saving all the webms and gifs that one guy posted of Spectre Knight, King Knight and the coming OST.

To reply to that one guy at the end:

Agreed. Shovel Knight also has the advantage of not needing to pause the game to make the most of him. That said I do feel like fighting enemies is a lot more creative as Plague Knight; these different flasks he gets are just so useful and ask you to plan ahead. I think what annoys me the most is that Shovel Knight's smaller mana bar at the start discourages experimenting with relics, whereas Plague Knight's recharging bar encourages you to go nuts.

I'm not sure which of the two has a higher skill ceiling; I feel like Plague Knight gets more chances (e.g bursts, double jump, a third jump ability) which is great for your first go-through. Shovel Knight often needs to bounce on foes just right to get to some secrets, so I don't feel like I'm getting the most out of him until I've done a few levels.

Pfffthahahaha rule 8 exists so Mark can ban anybody who posts something he doesn't like.
Monitor the logs, there is a chance I get banned for making this post.

Until political opinions are stifled and literal trannies are on the janitor team this place will never be as bad as 4cuck. I do think the 4AM drama was fucking retarded though, nothing came of it and as far as I can tell all of the usual faggots it was meant to scare off are still around, doing the exact same shit as before.

Stifling political opinions is fine if all political opinions of both side of an argument are removed. This is the video game board after all, politics have no place here. Just make sure to be apolitical and treat all political opinions equally unfairly.

The problem is liberalism is considered the default, it is "neutral" to think trannies aren't degenerate and niggers are somehow good. Anything remotely right-wing gets dismissed as a Holla Forums shitpost. Disallowing politics just creates a liberal hugbox environment and you end up with 4/v/. I also forgot loli is banned there now, but I wouldn't put it past Jim to eventually pull that kind of shit here too to "improve our image". I'm not trying to turn this into a meta shitting thread, so I'm going to stop posting now because I couldn't give less of a fuck about Shovel Knight.

Nice try, but I'm not going to let you pull me into this argument, it's exactly what you want.

Yo, what's the sauce on that gif?

You both are the worst side of the spectrum. And the old thread is back already. Yay, democracy won.

So about that Spectre Knight coming next year.

Kimi No Na Wa. Good movie. See it.

If you don't agree with 8ch's politics you've no business being here. Literally every other site will provide you the liberal hugbox you so need, but this is our turf.

Polar Knight is my favorite Knight too user. What other video games do you like?

tbh I thought this thread was about smurfs

I know the story is for laughs and light-hearted jollies but I kinda wanna see how their story mode clash goes.

It is? Where? I can't see it in the catalog.

I'm looking forward to Spectre Knight as well.

Never mind, I was confused.

okay I'll bite; what's Spectre Knight?

How new are you? Fuck off if you don't know anything about video games.

Every day until you get it.

I still can't fucking believe king nig got voted in as a playable character over literally anyone else
It's no wonder they're putting him off for last

>hurr durr you don't know anything about vidya

This. King Knight is one of the most boring fucking characters in the game. What the fuck will his special abilities be? Making confetti rain?
I wanted Treasure, Mole, or Polar. They had way more potential.

reported for shitposting and attempting to derail the thread

Yeah its been really bad lately, to bad mark is to scared to have meta threads.

Are you trying to derail the thread with smug anime girls or something

Well hello, newfriend! Specter Knight is an antagonist and boss fight in Shovel Knight, a 2D platformer where you play as a knight - who uses a shovel! You can dig up dirt and secrets, bounce on foes, and use magic power-ups to deliver shovel justice! Taking inspiration from Mega Man, the game has been well received across the board, widely considered one of the best indie platformers in recent years. You can probably get it for a very cheap price if you are curious on most gaming platforms. But if you would prefer to save your money and test the waters by pirating it, I'm sure the developers will be happy that someone cared enough about their game to spend some of their time on it!

If you ever give it a go, please let us know what parts you played and whether you liked it or not and why. That's one of my favourite things about videogame boards - all the videogame discussion!

None, shit game.

just report and filter the shitposting, it's been getting pretty bad lately

Mostly right, Cuckitsu is still there, now a tripfag. But aside from him and DMX, the avatarfags left after they couldn't attention whore anymore. Rule 8 is still really retarded as its only used to delete posts the Redditor kike and his mod team don't like.

I like King Knight's pompous ego, though from what little they showed he looks like he'll be very similar to Shovel Knight. But who were the alternatives? And isn't the plan to give us all of the knights as playable characters by the end?
I'm a late arrival to the game so Iunno what the story is, please no bully.

Polar knight, much wider range of attack, shockwaves and other abilities based on his size, and overall a much heavier character to control, affecting the platforming.
Treasure Knight with his anchor grappling hook and vacuum chest could have had some interesting stuff.

All playable bosses was a kickstarter goal that was never reached, so these are the ones we're getting

And goddammit if we're going to have a shovel knight clone we could have gotten nega shovel knight or xbox hueg shovel knight instead and at least got a better story with it
Now we're just going to get something that's boring and insufferable to play through

yeah, i'm sure he's the new one

Thank you! I'll give it a download.

Dude, that stinks. You think they'll reconsider given how crazy successful this game ended up being?
And hey. Maybe King Knight will be good. I didn't expect Plague Knight to be a great laugh, but he is, and he even has fun research lab antics to help him out some more! How the heck did Plague Knight win the vote?

Black knight, because the edgy child within me still exists, and he always preferred vile over X.

This is all shitposting and you're being ironic r-right user?

Yeah, I like Plague Knight too. He has bombs. Ka-boom!

It's already taking them a fucking ridiculous amount of time to do just one character, it's already been years since the game came out and they've barely got started on the second one
All the sweet indiebucks in the world couldn't keep them working for that long

And plague knight may not have been the most interesting gameplay concept on the surface, but plague doctors and alchemists are both fucking awesome, and he's both of those

Oh, not at all user, I love high pitched anime woman laugh! I'm just not expecting it from the mirror darkly of the hero. Shouldn't the Black Knight have a gruff, booming laugh so you know he's some manly menace? That's what I expected, and I find it funny, not awful, that he doesn't.

Plague knight, because there's a lot more room for perfecting, though it can feel pretty wacky to play at times.
The character is also better

Specter Knight hype

Are they going to make a new Shovel Knight game in the future? Because they've been whoring him out like he's Mario, without the history to back him up.

It is, yeah. I think some of that is just because of how much marketing deals and shit they've had since the game is a massive runaway success.

Or at least, that's the optimist's take. Ideally the longest part of this should just be conceiving the character playstyles; programming and adding level design elements can't be that hard with all the groundwork they've got done already, can it?

All the DLCs have been free so far, so can't really agree here

I mean there isn't a dynasty of games starring him to merit the sort of brand recognition and whoring out that Shovel Knight has been getting with all of his cameos in other games.

There are the facts that the protagonist has an endearing look, the game has proven support from a successful kick-starter, and everyone who knows about the game knows that it is good.

His whole existence is a joke. He can't get the girl he wants because she wants the goody two shoes hero; so he orbits her and tries to white knight while she is possessed. He fucks up Plague Knight's romance due to misunderstandings, so he can't even be trusted to not fuck up another person's love life.

Plague knight is better

It is weird how much he's been in.
There was that motorbike game, and that cooking indie game. He's in Gunvolt 2 as well. Going to be in Yooka-Laylee. Plus Indivisible. I know there are more but I can't remember them. I know Rivals of Aether wants to do indie guest characters and they'll probably put him in if they can get him. Is there a list of all his cameos somewhere?

That's fucking retarded. Just be open with your damn biases.

The float flask is the best plague knight upgrade though.

i just posted a costanza
is someone avatarfagging as costanza?

Shovel Knight X when
Shovel Knight Battle Network when

I wouldn't mind someone avatarfagging as Costanza.

$20chan is still three times worse.

I was one of the posters in the other thread and there was zero content in it that warranted it getting deleted.
It was actually a quite normal video game thread.
This thread instead is utter shit and yet the mods don't telete it or delete shitposts within it.
This isn't right, there's something going on.

Seems a bit too fucking OP.

Are there any new levels or do the DLC just use the same old?

Didn't you know? The head kike is protecting the cancer and only the cancer.

It's the same level layout but in Plague Knight they changed a few things to fit his gameplay, they'll probably do the same here.

It doesn't matter, with Rule 8 mods can do whatever the fuck they want.

I understand Mark, but his way of execution is fucking idiotic. If it's about "Only the things I like stay", that's cool, but he should be more fucking open about it.

do you have an archive of that?

I'd be glad if we got rid of this cuckchan tier waifu cancer.

You can make /waifu/ board or some shit, keep it out of here.

But here's the deal, he'd have to admit that he was wrong and swallow his pride like the cakes he devours.

He openly says he's against that Ritsu nigger, but does jack shit about it, so everybody has to suffer under this dumb new rule, when he instead could've just focused on getting rid of the epicenter of the cancer.

sadly I don't, I only managed to grab that screen from someone else.

I asked Mark about it in the meta thread; he said it was an accident and I'll believe it. Because accidents do happen.
Everyone complaining about meta, please take it to the meta thread.

Same old but with twists. Expect the game to be balanced around Spectre Knight's moveset like Plague Knight was. e.g more enemies in the way to glide across stuff, wall runs, etc. Basically, what is easier for some characters should be harder for Specter Knight and vice versa, just like how Shovel and Plague have strengths and cons.

He's already in a Mega Man fangame.

From last thread.

/metav/ sure was successful, huh.

I'd rather have a Shovel Knight 64. The 2D indie platformer market has been saturated as hell for years, and while Shovel Knight broke the mold with its hype and high production values, I think Yacht Club's time and effort would be better spent trying to bring the mechanics to 3D. There haven't really been any good attempts to do the Mega Man-like obstacle course structure on a 3D plane, so a Shovel Knight 64 could potentially be very innovative and a good step forward from the original.

Good 3D platformers have been made, but they require a completely different design philosophy.

How do you play as Plague Knight? I downloaded the game but only could use Shovel, do I have to beat it? I already beat it once

Shovel Knight.
I'd fuck Plague Knight, though.

You need a password in the main menu

Make sure you got the Plague of Shadows version of the game? It's an update if you bought it on a console or Steam, if you pirated it you gotta find the new version. Getting it the normal way stipulates you beat it as Shovel Knight.

Can also hold down the attack button and punch in Up, Up, Right, Down, Left, Left on the title screen.

what

Hey, it works.
Do you think they'll make updates for the other knights?

it's been a fairly long time i've even been on there and i doubt i could post anyways since the last time they ranged ban me because of shitposting too hard for no good reason at all but i'm surprised at the lack of a youtube/twitch thread on an-hirochan tbh ; i'm honestly surprised

This is fun to imagine. It'd be a big gamble and be a completely different game, mind, but fun to imagine.

Mona, how did you find 8ch?

There was a crowdfunder milestone goal to get all the knights, but they fell short and will only make three.
They're planning Specter Knight and King Knight, who won the votes.

I wanted to play as Polar Knight but that's cool, I guess.

Plague Knight was my favorite. That movement was just 10/10. I wish they actually bothered making levels around it though.

Same.

Look, everyone has weird fetishes, but don't put that shit in decent vidya.

I'm not exactly sure how I could even elaborate further. I said it pretty bluntly.

He got the crazy-ass qt scienceslut in the end though so it all pans out. Plaguey dodged a hell of a bullet.

While you are correct, I agree with what said.

but why do you want to fug plague knight

He was never into her in the first place. That was pretty bad, though.Hopefully the next two stories are not centered on romance.

Trips demand I answer.
I like armour and he's cute.

Kill yourself faggot.

no u