What is the biggest driving force that makes you want to play a vidya over again? Is it the music, a particular moment...

What is the biggest driving force that makes you want to play a vidya over again? Is it the music, a particular moment, the spectacular gameplay, the atmosphere? For me it's the OST. Embed motivated me to try the pirated download of Majoras Mask 3D, which was gathering digital dust.

Nothing.
==Nothing is creative anymore.
Nothing takes the pain away
Nothing whisks me into a different world
Video games are no longer made to be romanticised with enriching gameplay, but to cater to the most shallow common denominator
It doesn't help anymore
Everything hurts.

I constantly think think think of great ideas to do for animations and video games, and they appear, but I have near damn zero motivation to work on it, then I get a horrible desperation. My inner artist screaming and begging for oxygen, slowly falling apart. A bitter, aching, trembling man, brittle and falling apart at the seams. God, help me. Please. Help me.

Calm down, drama queen.

I like playing old side scrolling games like SMB3 or Donkey Kong Country. It's a combination of the music, pixel art, gameplay and SNES controllers that draw me into it.

The only thing that can help you now is a rope and a ceiling.

I hate to say this, but you pretty much have to just do it (even if it is just baby steps towards what you want to do). Had the same issues myself, getting myself in a mood to actually work on it was hard, but once I started, it was easy to keep at it. Alternatively, get someone else involved. Use them to push you to actually work on sh!t. Or just set goals/milestones for each week/day to give yourself some reason to get it done.

Back on topic, I would say just watching someone play a game/talk about the game. Bonus points if I see someone playing horribly, as that will have me playing it even faster to see just how terrible said person was.

Your post isn't wrong but
What hole did you crawl out of?

How many times have you replayed them?

You don't lack motivation, you lack work ethic.

Get off your ass and fucking do something for once in your life. If you do enough of that you'll eventually get ready to act on the passion for vidya and animation you clearly have.
STOP PROCRASTINATING YOU DUMB SHIT.

It depends. Games with fun and competitive mechanics, which I can constantly repeat until I reach the skill ceiling, are great. If I'm playing for other factors like the experience, then great area design, art and writing are majorly important too.

And of course, a great moment to build up to. Radiant Dawn has a lot of great tension points for me - the Endgame chapters of each part, especially the massive 5-level finale - motivates me every time.

shut up and go into STEM like everyone else so you don't starve

I thought that was too expensive or whatever.

A fair challenge. If a game is difficult enough to keep me excited, but fair/easy enough that losses feel like they are entirely my fault and that I could have prevented them, then I'll throw in another credit and start over again.

Non-linearity, immersive atmosphere, gameplay and soundtrack that isn't repetitive and is well thought out, the list could go on.

but what's the biggest factor in that list?

probably non repetitive gameplay and atmosphere to be as honest as possible.

Just music at this point if the whole score is good enough, very rarely I'll do some autistic self-imposed challenge run. I've already played everything I had any sense of nostalgia for to death.

terminal autism

He'll only starve if he's dumb enough to listen to you.

maybe the feeling of being younger.
all the important video game bits can help the old memories stay alive though.

Fantastic gameplay

The music more than anything else. Nothing makes me want to play an old favorite again like hearing a good tune from it.

sound is a good memory trigger, and usually what i remember with the most clarity

Challenge with meaningful depth. RPGs and adventure games like Zelda, in spite of the open endedness sometimes, still at their best have multiple orders of magnitude less replays than my favorite arcade games.

Mostly just nostalgia, put in shadow of the colossus the other day and it was still good. Though autism is a factor too, I'll play ds1 and bloodborne to min/max and gem farm to shit on people.

Music has always been something i love about games, but I think what draws me back to certain games is simple the interaction between characters. Not the super serious scenes like in mass effect or any of the main stream kind of games where most of the scenes are made to further each dialogue, but more of the trail scenes.

Lets use op's game as an example. When you finally make the baby goron stop crying, i didn't find that shit enthralling but the gorons reactions. Each one of them falls asleep cause that baby finally shuts the fuck up and when they do wake up, they realize, "oh shit, its still fucken cold out." Shit like this always makes me laugh and makes me want to reply the game just to experience that humour again.

Its the little details that draw as back in, each person has a different tick that makes them like shit.

Good question op

That reminds me, has DSCM revived the multiplayer for DaS?