They Don't Need a Ban: Dick's Sporting Goods Stops Selling 'Assault Rifles'

https:// mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/business/dicks-major-gun-retailer-will-stop-selling-assault-style-rifles.html

Domino effect next, let's see how long Cabela's and BassPro outlets hold out for.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20180228201843/http://www.gunssavelife.com/emergency-action-call-state-representative-else-youre-felon-90-days/
ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=10000HB1469&GA=100&SessionId=91&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=101959&DocNum=1469&GAID=14&Session=
archive.is/biEmL
archive.fo/pxYjX
archive.is/0bjrE
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/4918/all-actions?r=3
archive.fo/SCM8V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't they do this once before or was that another chain?

Regardless Dicks is a shit place to buy guns and is consistently overpriced.

Reminder: these companies were against Trump before day one when they were directly aiding or abetting the leftist political machine. If Dicks wants to lose business then it's their decision.

Why sage the thread?

They already did it once before. Then several months later, the evil assault rifles came back out for sale.
Same thing with walmart.

They already did this after Sandy Hook, no?
I was at a store maybe what, 2 years back looking for a shotgun barrel, don't recall seeing any AR's there.

CNN junior anchor, David Hogg, is targeting FedEx for shipping guns and ammunition now.
(((They))) are attacking firearm logistics: retailers, shippers, et al.

Dick's owns 'Field and Stream' which did sell AR pattern guns post-Sandy Hoax

Who goes out of there way to get gouged for Fudd shit rifles?

fuddshits get the rope too, fucking faggots.

it's funny.

Meanwhile in Illinois, they are trying to push a law that makes owning 2, 15-round magazines a class 2 felony. web.archive.org/web/20180228201843/http://www.gunssavelife.com/emergency-action-call-state-representative-else-youre-felon-90-days/

niggers kill people and other niggers with pistols so they of course wont be affected.
cant stop jamal from chicongo jacking your car
Oy vey goyim you have ta see the head shrink over a crank call, fucking kykes

also ex-post facto laws are unconstitutional, if any one gets arrested for currently possessing two 15-round magazines they can challenge the arrest on two grounds.

FUCK ILLINOIS
t. Missouri

Let them expose themselves

Kek, they trade profit for virtue signal.

Bass pro shop bought cabellas dumb ass.
I know someone that works as IT for them, guns are a huge seller. They ain't going anywhere.

We have way too many rednecks in my area that they would be closing stores if they stopped selling guns. No one gives a fuck about Dicks, the cocks were failing before GI Joes sold to them. They were already losing their shirts to online sales and their selection has always been shit. Cabela's and Bass Pro are a bit more hardcore and they know who their base it.

Useless brick and morter store. I buy guns online.

It's a pretty shit OP. We have higher standards here when we don't have to deal with reddit and half refugees.

Only niggers and white niggers shop brick and mortar for anything besides food.

Sure you can challenge it. That doesn't stop them from fucking your life up in the meantime.

Is that legal? I know they have the right to refuse service to anyone, but targeting somebody based on age, even though they can legally buy something has to be discrimination.

KILL YOURSELF.

Okay, I'm sure that no other gun shops will sell guns to 18 yr olds. This sounds like a terrible business decision.

Well they did it for tobacco and alcohol. I don't believe they care. They create "public health and safety" laws all the time which conflict with other laws they put in regarding discrimination. Amazing how they selectively apply those protections when it depends on what they desire and it's perfectly ok isn't it?

It also sounds like illegal discrimination.

So it's purely a PR thing

I'm trying to get another 2 ARs for an emergency in case the Jews do pull them this time, and everywhere fucking sold out. Need to look for a show this weekend near me (by which I mean within a 14 hour drive).

dres up as in drag, then let the jews try not selling to you and find 7 savage jews to sue for "sexual/gender discrimination."

You left out the best part, they simply tacked the bits about guns onto a bill about the sexual exploitation of children. So when any Representative dares to vote against this bill because they don't think owning 15 rounds magazines or body armor should be felonies, they WILL be accused of defending pedophiles come election time.

Shit's fucked.
ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=10000HB1469&GA=100&SessionId=91&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=101959&DocNum=1469&GAID=14&Session=

No thanks.
This is just another dying brick and mortar retailer trying to use publicity to fend off chapter 11 for another month or two.

Dick's is a gun store the way a supermarket is a pharmacy; I'm not surprised in the least.

I will never support Dick's, they are incompetent. 2 years ago, I tried getting a fishing license before because it was close by and the price is the same no matter where you go the cashier said you could get a license at gun lodge shop but the counter said they don't sell it so I left and went to Walmart.

archive.is/biEmL

When Toomey said it did not, Trump shot back: “You know why? Because you're afraid of the NRA.”

Complaining about Dicks ffs when Trump has gone full kike

Maybe you should cry about it to your reddit pals. Get you some upboats so you can feel better about yourself. XD
Cunt.

They should rename the chain to Pussies :^)

Defend this treason you scumbag

Defend this treason you scumbag

Isn't Dicks just a fucking clothing store for out of shape house wives who think spending hundreds of their husbands dollar on work out clothes will magically make them fit?? I live in Missouri and even the dicks here has like 5 guns. But fuck they will push the idea that you just CAN'T work out in an old tshirt and shorts

This may be worthwhile, shitlord.

Don't forget the overpriced auto accessories and coleman coolers.

You should only buy guns from actual gun dealers. People who are gunsmiths and can work on your guns.
Your going to want to know them if bad shit happens.

Arrowhead dicks?

they did that for the AWB. added LEO grants, new laws to defend women, etc. all to ban your guns. it was basically a rider.

Those 15 round clip, auto fire athletic shirts are triggering me

They did that shit for most of the laws and acts they put in place against the 2nd. That is how they have gotten as far as they have. Slow creep. Now they need to do it in a hurry because time is out.

Maybe? I just found this on google. Good job IDing yourself out

Anyways, point is, it's all PR. They clearly don't makes sales on guns and loosing the whole 2 assault rifles the company sells is not going to make any loss in sales. The right already doesn't shop there and the left will give them an extra sale for about a month. In short, no one cares.

I never liked Dick's. Their shit was always overpriced.

Someone said they barely sold any guns and the shooting is just their excuse to stop selling guns, which barely sold anyway and were taking up space. That doesn't exactly look like serious gun store anyway.. and who would even think of buying a gun at a sports store. Seems like you'd wanna go to some place with a rifle range so you can try it.

haha, maybe that someone was you

Why and how the fuck can such huge frankenstein bills that affect unrelated facets of life be voted on as if they were a single issue?

yes

What, an user can't have experienced many places?

You still have to have a brick and mortar to do the transfer, numb nuts. Do you even own any guns?

Not if you or someone you know has a FFL.

Took them long enough tbh.

Hit them with discrimination lawsuits

This is indefensible.

Is killing a politician a class 1 felony? What's the difference?

t-this is actually absolutely disgusting, I am sick reading that

LOL, bullshit. Neither one of them are going to buckle. Dick's does far more sporting goods and is usually located in the mall. Hunters aren't going there much.

If we lose Cabela's and BassPro, it's over.

Who wants an AR-15 anyway? I'd much rather have a Mossberg shotgun. Fuck, I just realized Moss(((berg))). Does anyone know if Mossberg is jew owned?

I can't get upset at anything Trump says anymore because, well, Trump is a shit-talker and bait-master supreme. We'll see what actually happens. In all likelihood, nothing, or maybe a bump-stock ban with a phase-out period for all your bump-stock purchasing needs.

I mean, if I really needed a bump stock, the shit has hit the fan, and no one is going to give two fucks if I just mod a rifle to go legit full auto. I'd rather buy a small generator to run my drill press than stockpile bump stocks.

Remember the names of every such company, and tell anyone you know and yourself never to deal with them again, if you haven't already.

Also OP is a phoneposter. Here's the archive of the OP link: archive.fo/pxYjX

Smells like woman logic.

The Mossberg namesake was a Swede, if I remember correctly, so that name does not echo.

to

CUCKS SPORTING SHEEEIIIITTT

its the principle, and its sickening

Eh, I'm more hacked off at the 21yr age limits that are being imposed.

Yeah, there's a cross in the logo, so I didn't think so, but I haven't ever googled a (((berg))) and had it not be a jew.

kys

Torfags are usually trash, but wew lad.
There's no chess in this. Trump is flushing his presidency down the toilet.

The only possibility of chess at this point is if Trump knows the meteor is on the way and he is intentionally trying to rile the populous up so they won't get sent to FEMA camps. That's the only possibility. Everything else points towards complete betrayal.

Anyone who hasn't been banned and left here is poor quality poster, that is all that has been promoted since Trump started ill thought policies

Trump says take the guns. No Due Process

I hope this nigger chokes on those words.
IM SO FUCKING MAD

It could be out of touch liberals being in charge. But it's more likely the suits realize that pandering to the left travels further than pissing off a few disorganized people, even if they are your life blood. GG should have taught you that.

Please tell me you have this with audio.
That fucking look of glee.

Explain this shit to me. 2A groups are very black pilled

Does that mean Walmart or Target is considering banning toilet cleaner and aluminum?

So it seems quite clear that (((they))) have found the fire and are trying to put it out. The thing isn’t that (((they))) have to convince a majority of the group that guns and the agency they give to the group should be removed, all (((they))) need to do is make the group think the majority believes this. This sort of thing is why retailers and e-celebs are now boycotting “assault weapons”. It’s to make the gun owners who pay attention and falsely trust them to believe that the majority of gun owners are against it. This in turn, makes the person feel isolated and causes them to give in to peer pressure. This is how the left and progressives have been gaining power and pushing (((their))) anti-white agenda without any serious backlash until now. It’s how they made the conservatives go to cuckservatives and now it’s how (((they))) are getting Trump to cave in on the 2A (which is especially more effective on him since he is a single individual who needs votes from big states and one of them is Florida). This is the water that has weakened the flame whenever it got too big. But, this water can be turned into gasoline once the group and the individuals in it realize that they are being manipulated by peer pressure, and a false one at that. If the group realizes it is under attack and that contempt for (((their))) lies will completely neutralize it, the fire will never stop growing.

Might be him trying to use his trademark strategy of making the enemy believe they are winning even when they aren’t. He hasn’t been doing anything about the guns and has been pushing legislature for the wall and deporting shitskins under (((their))) crooked noses while this is going on. Though, it would be a good idea to share this shit. Once the people realize how happy these people are to steal their guns, they won’t be as inclined to think it’s for “our children’s safety and peace keeping” any more.

They sell surplus. So, they know they’ll be out of stock with sales roaring right now anyway.

I read that we lost some elections yesterday, gave up some seats to the Dems. Not sure at all what's going to happen this Fall with the midterms….

I don't care if you broke the law, but you're supposed to go pick up gun you buy online through an FFL. Just so you don't embarrass yourself someplace that actually matters.

Cash at a gun show is the best. No pesky e-mails or armslist ads that they could ever possibly track you from.

If they can die for their country, they can have a gun.

Until a bill is signed, I'm not ruling out 4d chess.

Dicks doesn't even want to sell guns.They only really stock shotguns. No handguns. I got a shotgun there once and they made it as painful as possible. Only 1 person in the department and he has to do all the paper work and call NCIC. So if someone is ahead of you it could take an hour just waiting your turn. Last time I was in there the whole store was a ghost town.

Cabala's has computer kiosks you fill out your paperwork on. Multiple guys on the counter. People in the back room that do nothing but process NCIC calls. They stock everything. They sell TONS of used guns. Half the mailer they send out is guns. The place is always PACKED.

Fixed.

FEMA camps are not even a remote possibility. US military would have to get involved, and they would storm Congress before they'd obey an order like that. Look at what they did with outright disobeying orders from Obama to help ISIS.

That is a punchable face.

get that cock out of your mouth, OP. archive.is/0bjrE

Dicks is going the way of Sports Athority. Most of their stores are attached to failing malls.Already on their long slow death march like sears and JCPenny. Just look at the earnings reports for the last few years.

Caballas and BassPro stores are way bigger and strong enough to stand on their own. People drive in from out of town or state to visit.

Dicks is overpriced and a fucking retarded store. Do they feel in charge? this is just gonna make them lose even more business.
I went there to buy 25 caliber pellets and some rifle ammo. the pellets were twice as much as on amazon, and the ammo I wanted they didnt even have. spun around 1488 degrees and just ordered the shit online. how this shitty place is in business is beyond me.

Thats really interesting
Do you have more info?

Oh god yes. I stopped into a cabelas on a road trip because we needed a camp stove (we found that almost all the camp grounds don't allow open fires wtf) and we must have spent like two hours in there lol so many guns

Not that this isn't abhorrent corporate virtue signaling, but who the hell buys guns from big box retailers anyway?

This is her moment. She has been pushing for gun confiscation for a quarter of a century.

Nice try, but no way even Holla Forumstards would be dumb enough to fall for that.

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/4918/all-actions?r=3

archive.fo/SCM8V

The bill tracker is good evidence that kikes did the Parkland, Florida shooting.

Look at the "ALL ACTIONS" section toward the bottom of the bill tracker (this is a bill that defines "white supremacy" as "domestic terrorism").

On Feb. 14, the day of the shooting, you'll notice Congress pushed this bill forward. February 14 was also the day the ADL, media, etc. were calling Nick Cruz a white supremacist.

Look at the Findings section of this bill, a patently bullshit list of acts of "white supremacist" violence." They basically just needed a "white supremacist" act of violence to push the bill through. Ridiculous.

Dick's Sporting Goods Is the worst large chain store I've been to for sporting equipment can't even get line an a fishing reel whith out filling out a liability form.

And Walmart is raising the age for purchasing to 21.

< hating white people who have been brainwashed by movies & TV
< wanting to kill white people
sod.

This is a shocking time. Behold:

^ this is so incredibly shocking. Antigun site posts Florida story BEFORE the shooting took place, and by over an hour.

I think the issue here is checking server times to make sure not just an error

But the congressional bill tracker is definite–cannot be disputed. Feb 14th date and the bill definitely says "white supremacist" violence.

(pretty serious bill re implications, also)

Not sure how they can wriggle out of that one. Pretty fucking coincidental lol given sheriff holding off during shooting, hogg's parents, etc.

The date was set correctly on the 13th and the 15th. I believe therefore the date was probably right on the 14th.

And the time is accurate now.

You can see the images yourself. I hit F5 on the page, and they had only minutes ago updated it. The maximum deviation would be < 1 hour. This is sufficient for me to know that they most recently modified the story about the shooting before the shooting even took place.

Shocking, but we are living in astonishing times. Chilling, even.

You should forward it to every possible media outlet who might report.

Also, the bill tracker ties in Congress directly. That's why that's important.

Be my guest. I've ditched the socials.

reddit, pls go and stay go.

Best way is put it in comments on news sites that have right-wing inclined audience but non-pol types.

breitbart, dailycaller, thegatewaypundit, foxnews

plus email it to alex jones. if you can lay out how it's authentic, people will look at it. i don't know enough about it.

And I don't know if Alex Jones is some type of honey pot, but he does seem to publish stuff about guns/false flags, even if he doesn't name the Jew.

I'd say commenting on news sites is big, because all you need is the right person seeing something–just one–and the information takes on major significance at that point and will be spread.

Key is, I don't know enough about proving what you're claiming. Maybe if you can provide some easy short normie-friendly thing, then I am happy to spread.

lawsuit!

refusing service on basis of age

Let's call them what they are folks. Traitors.

kys

Won't succeed. What do you think laws regarding alcohol and tobacco are? Age-based denial of service.
Nope. If anyone had the Clijsters to sue over muh childrunz rahts, they would have done so years ago. Nobody gives a fuck about kids, or "young adults" or whatever spin you want to put on it. Children have no rights in this country, thankfully, so denying them the "right" to buy a literal weapon of war to kill minorities with is a non-issue.

I always wondered why Dick's had more images of nigger athletes on their store interiors than other sports & outdoors stores. Now I don't.

FFL is just for selling right? I assume I don't need an FFL to own one, but say I wanted to sell one I bought later on would it fall under private sales or would I need to get an FFL myself?

Chances are Dick's wasn't making much in the way of profit off their gun selection anyway. They saw this as a way to trim the loss while virtue signaling to the faggots that go to stores like this anyway. All their shit is overpriced, noticed this while attempting to purchase some cheap ammo they had on sale. Their selection is shit and they really aren't equipped to be a gun store.