Games that are better than they have any right to be

Let's see'em Holla Forums. Games that by all metrics should have been complete shit, but somehow managed to actually be playable and to some extent fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

lollipopchainsaw.wikia.com/wiki/Soundtrack
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Life is Strange

what the fuck are you people smoking

holy fuck that name makes no sense.

it's set at an elementary school, giving birth to the "sandbox shooter" genre

Not only was this a good movie-licensed game, it was a pretty good multi-format game. It was like finding a fucking unicorn.

I don't you know what the word contrarian means.

LiS was, as far as mechanics go, a step forward for VNs. While the ending itself was just A/B choice, the game did react to player input more than, say, Telltale games, and it had better puzzles (still babby-tier, but definitely better than the usual shit you find in these games).

Stopped reading there. Fuck off back to reddit with youre shitty meme

ever heard of a dictionary?

Please fuck off and stay gone.

Guess you don't know basic English, then?

I think you at least need to play Ace Attorney to clear yourself of your shit taste.

Life is Strange is shitty writing, piss-poor puzzles, and fucking garbage "episodic" releases, and acting like a retarded 12-year old is the best retort you have? Please fucking kill yourselves. Shitters like you are ruining the board.

Doesn't he go to Fuckganistan in the game though?

Didn't say HAWX is good, said it was better than it has any right to be. And it is a passable Ace Combat clone. It gets the mechanics down, but without the soul.

He presented a case for his suggestion, you're the one flailing like a god damn toddler bitching about the purity of your board.

when did this word become so popular? Is it the new cuck?

Check em

Reminder to report all contrarian posting. It's a raid by intl or some other faggot website.

That's funny, I don't see one. Are you sure you're not retarded and autistic?

I've literally never heard of either of those games and have no opinion on them.

I'm pretty sure it's a shitposting/division tactic.

Yeah that was pretty incredible how they actually did it.

Are you a newfag ? Retarded as it is, it's nothing new at all.

Hawx (fuck that name to hell) was easy as shit

no, it's the new "privileged" and "entitled"

Spiderman 2 (movie tie-in) for the PS2

Argumentum ad populum. Aka, kill yourself.

i will never stop shilling these two games

I'm gonna get hated for this, but deep inside you know it to be true

k

The movie game is also bretty good

More like the funslinger amirite

haha us reddit huh

Hawx had ONE good mission
The Rio de Janeiro one

Go play a real tactical shooter like smat or JOps

So basically a good licensed games thread

I played Enter the matrix on the Gamecube and liked it. Was Path of Neo better, worse, or the same?

Its broken as shit but a hilarious experience. Combat feels satisfying.

Enter the Matrix could have been good, but as it is it's a shit game.

Battle for Bikini Bottom was the shit, I still wonder how that game managed to be as fun as it was.b

ok drumpfkin, we get it, ur 'cool'

It's still tons of fun, but playing is once you're older lets you realize how fucking broken that game was. I once encountered a glitch on the Vertigo level with all the Agent Smiths. I knocked one off the skyscaper, and somehow his gun ended up on the ground. You weren't supposed to ever get the gun, and it wasn't coded for the agents to dodge it or something, so I was able to shoot my way through the level. I'm still confused about how that happened to this day.

No, Holla Forums, you have to pretend you're a neo nazi when you start shit up.

hahaha, of course its good. its wearing the doom title and has the todd howard seal of approval after all. this thread is about games you didnt expect to be good.

Not even joking, I love Spidey 2 on PC.

My nigga, yes

Im being completely honest when I say that this is one of the most fun licensed games out there. Its an action RPG of the last half of Fellowship + Two Towers, and theres LOTS to do. You can play as Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf, Frodo, or Eowyn, and they all have their own separate story to follow with their own locations and bosses etc. Legolas and Aragorns story is similar for obvious reasons though.

Its fun leveling and picking skills while finding rare and cool items. Theres so many secret rare items, I feel like I never truly found everything.

One of if not the best LOTR games out there. The console version is good too, but this is leagues better and has tons more replayability.

LOTR had a lot of good games back in the day. The movie tie-ins came back when EA still knew how to churn out a fun product, even if it was a movie license game.

Oh fuck yes, that, The Hobbit and ROTK were all 10/10 GBA titles.

Ok maybe not The Hobbit, but it's still an 8

Life is Strange can be a lot of fun if you're one of those faggots who likes to pretend to be MST3K with friends. It almost feels like it was designed from the ground up to be mocked. Just don't pay money for it.

Was goign to post this.

It's a mystery. Instead I will post this game, which was a fun enough 3D beat-em-up that let me throw people through windows a lot, which I wish was possible in more video games. Also it completely ditched Tom Cruise's likeness and made the hero a fun grizzled supercop like from an 80s action movie.

This is why you never put that shit on your fucking cover. It gets dated as fuck.

That wasn't any good at all.

A game can still be shit and still be better than you expected.

Eat Lead on the otherhand didn't live up to its title. It should have been batshit crazy shootan instead of just boring regular shootan.

sure is Unpopular Opinion in here, reddit.

"Contrarian" on this board used to be an outsider term that faggots from Holla Forums would spout to imply that we don't play AAA shit because we're edgy hipsters who just want to be different. For instance, "Fuck those Holla Forums hipsters, they only dislike Fallout 4 because they want to be contrarian"

These days, the definition has kind of reversed a little. 8/v/ is full of faggots from 4chan and 8/b/, who all mix to promote their shit taste and b8 all over the board. They constantly shit up our threads with
They think they are being courageous and heroic by going against what they think is the "Holla Forums hivemind," when in reality they're just being faggots who like showing off how much Jew dick they suck. The term's been going around a lot lately because 4chan cancerfucks are going around acting "contrary" to the norm on this board as opposed to actually providing arguments or lurking moar.

nah its something you Holla Forumsgays brought in

Strikes me more as a Redditor /lefty/ type or the high schooler libertarian.

I'm assuming he was rooting for Bernie or Gary Johnson. Could also be a Eurocuck.

Also this was rad

It does, it takes place in buttfuckistan with you killing a whole bunch of terrorists (or was it mercs?) all trying to get 50 Cents concert payment that is in the form of a diamond encrusted skull back.

Hit and Run was fantastic for a Tie-in GTA clone that probably only came about because SEGA got mad about the previous kinda mediocre Crazy Taxi clone.

TD: EoD, not sure how much of a surprise it is but this game is so close to perfection. Only downsides I could say is customization slightly lacking (it could be perfect if it copied Dirt to Daytona's customization I feel) and it maybe doesn't utilize all the fun modes they have often enough in career mode (not saying they don't try, there's just so may crazy modes they stuffed into it).

nice strawman images Holla Forums

i was coming here to post this, i'm kinda glad to see it getting some love on Holla Forums despite the looming fear that ubisoft will fucking ruin it with any future operator or patch

this one was fun too, ubisoft must have a secret B team that's actually their A-team for their smaller titles

casting my nomination for henry hatsworth.

None of those images misinterpret those arguments, people actually believe thae

Here is an unbiased review of the game.

Will I get hate for this?

probably because Holla Forums hates games

It's not even a gunwank game, but they still made an effort.

Hell no mah nigga. But I have it on PS2

Anyone know if the 2nd one on ps2 any good?

this game was actually funny and the soundtrack was WAY better than it should have.

the main menu music is Cherry boom by The Runaways

I have the soundtrack to this, but it's from the game.

Do you know the entire tracklist? I wanna download the music from the game in higher quality.

I hope you understand the common mistake you made here, user

there a ninja turtles song in the game.

Licensed Music:

Lollipop – The Chordettes
Pac Man Fever – Buckner & Garcia
Rock ‘N’ Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) – Skrillex
The Way of the Fist – Five Finger Death Punch
Stop Reading, Start Doing Pushups - Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows
Riot Rhythm – Sleigh Bells
Turtle Crazy – Toy Dolls
1,000 Cigarettes – MSTRKRFT
Heroes Of Our Time – Dragonforce
Nemesis – Arch Enemy
Needled 24/7 – Children of Bodom
Mickey – Toni Basil
You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) – Dead or Alive
Empire State Human – The Human League
Cherry Bomb - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Speed - Atari Teenage Riot

forgot the link

lollipopchainsaw.wikia.com/wiki/Soundtrack

Man, you can fuck me silly user.
Thanks!

Let's just go down the list of shit this game has going against it right out of the gate:
>licensed SAO game
All logic dictates that this game should have been a steaming pile of dog shit, and yet it's got relatively fast paced gameplay, decently paced grinding, rewards playing with every weapon and special skill set for shits and giggles, and has a massive world to explore that isn't just a series of narrow valleys. By all rights, this should have been a train wreck, and yet it manages to be above average in most respects.

It's pretty shit.

Kill yourself.

This was actually oddly fun. Shit, but fun for reasons that should be wrong.

Driv3r was too much fun. I never experienced any of the glitches this game is infamous for, except some geometry seizures here and there, and falling through the Niece map if you drive really fast off of one of the hills next to one of the buildings.

Path of neo is a fucking masterpiece

It was fun, but hasn't aged well

I hear these games are good but the one thing keeping me from playing any of them is FUCKING KITTYTOE. Why can't I make my own beater and beat all that pussy?!?

I can't speak for the other games since I haven't played any of them, but I was watching a stream of Lost Song, and it looked pretty damn bad. It had shit graphics, stiff animations, boring looking combat, god awful art direction and enemy designs, and a ton of other red flags. Hollow Realization is probably the black sheep of the SAO games since it doesn't have any of those problems.
As for playing as Kirito, that's a huge annoyance to me, too, especially since the game starts by letting you alter your appearance and set a name (mostly so you don't have 4 Kiritos on your party list in multiplayer). It's not quite as bad in the JP version since they never say his name, but there's tons of places in the localization where they shoehorned his name in for god only knows what reason. The bottom line is that a game that uses Hollow Realization's combat and skill systems but in an original IP would be really fucking good, but held back by the SAO license, HR can only ever be decent.

do you have autism

It was a GTA clone that managed to be more entertaining than most actual GTA games. I certainly had more fun playing this than I did IV.

I believe you, you sound like an ok guy

you act like a false flagging Holla Forums user instead of a believable character.
F-, see me after class.

Eat Lead! Someone else remembers that game, I remember laughing my ass off when the 2D wolfenstien people showed up and took cover by literally STANDING SIDEWAYS.

what kind of fucking argument is that? The game is about police raids and sieges, of course that's all you do in the game. That's like calling Forza or Gran Turismo "Race Other Car/Race Against the Clock: The Game".

I got hooked on this trashy JRPG series that nobody's ever even heard of. Fairly interesting battle systems and setting(s). Even if you have no interest in playing them, I'd say at least peruse their soundtracks. It's clear that all the budget went into the music. They even went full autist and developed their own language that the songs are sung in with excessive lore and backstory setting it all up.

TOY STORY 2

Serious Sam
Diablo
Battlefield
SWAT 4
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Didn't Finland lost some clay and their access to the Arctic Sea because of it?

Yea, but only after the Soviet Union lost like 1.3 million men. The Red Army was practically an IRL Zerg hive.

MY MELANIN ENRICHED BRETHREN

I didn't find the gameplay very interesting but the setpieces are great.

A victory so Pyrrhic the Finns might as well have won.

Well, the thread isn't "games that are amazing", it's "games that are better then they should be".

Maerlow briggs was a fucking xbox live arcade game. Considering that the amount of polish and level of visuals it has it's absurd.

This was the first game I played when I built my first PC rig. No idea why I chose to play it over all the other games I already had, but couldn't run before then.

Aside from the webs, not that good of a game. I have no idea why the fuck none of the other spidey games after that refuse to use the web mechanics from it

wasn't that game a rushed buggy mess? Like literally unplayable.

They had James Gunn help with the localization too.

The constant shitting on the boyfriend head ruined a lot of the humor for me. Guy was too legitimately miserable to laugh at.

Not, him and I never play Driv3r so I don't know but I did play Parallel Lines. That one is genuinely good but is living in the crevice that is in between how shit Driv3r and how well San Fran did. I was actually gonna ask him if he meant Parallel Lines instead.

I still kick Homer's relatives and get a good laugh, 2nd best simpsons game after the arcade, driving is a bitch though.

good music good

The first one was a mediocre, soulless gta ripoff.
Then this one came out with its co-op and absurd side missions.
I remember there was a flying side mission where the runway you start on is a busy road, my friend and I had to redo that one so many times because our planes kept exploding from getting hit by cars.

oh yeah and I also enjoyed the Iphone version of the simpsons arcade, not the building bullshit.

Nice game, i remember stopped playing GTA when i got this.

Fuck off and literally kill yourself.

I know how to fucking use both words properly and I won't let contrarian of all my insults be taken from me. Fuck the retards. I'll wage one man keyboard war on every last one of them.

Fuck you, I am not losing that insult.

It's crazy how many gta clones are better than gta.

It's a great insult indeed, one of the few that actually manages to seriously sting people that usually don't react to anything else.

You see some faggot goin in a thread and just (1) posting "X is shit, lol you're a faggot if you like it, I'm not saying why doe".
Just call him "contrarian" and he'll get all bootyblasted. I don't even know why, they hate that shit. You could call them faggots, cucks, retards, anything really, and they'd laught it off. But contrarian? Oh no, that shit don't fly with them.

I'd guess it's because it accurately describes those tards and they hate being dismissed so easily. Instead of getting a long and detailed answer about how they are wrong (just so they can reply with "u hab utism"), you just say "you're just a contrarian" and the conversation dies there.
I guess it's the same feeling bitches get when they are called "attention whores" and see everyone else lose interest in them.

It's the most lazy "form of argument" you can possibly make, just slap a "not" somewhere or revert the meaning of words, how is that an art?
Here, let me code "contrarian" for you:

function contrary (thing){ return (!thing);}

people that use the word contrarian are often contrarians themselves

No, we aren't.

fucking this was the best $1 game I've ever played !!!

given how shit resistance 2 was this is way better that it should be

its like a better half life 2 because of the crazy guns you get.

I physically laughed out loud. This post is humorous.

How do they do it?

I love perceptive anons.

GTA doesn't need to innovate as much since people will buy it on recognition alone, the clones have to use the same template but innovate so that people have a reason to buy them.

Simple - they didn't try to make a game that was "marketable", they just tried to made a game that was fun.

This game was pretty fun.

With GTA you basically know what you're getting, where as with clones or other Rockstar games they have the potential to be more interesting, like Manhunt or Bully.

I wish I could play SR2 blind again, because I had an absolute blast with it. There was so much shit to do and the character customization was amazing and is still better than 3 or 4's.

Well I wouldnt doubt that, because they can make a fun game every once in a while like the recent Rayman games, Red Steel 2, and Far Cry Blood Dragon. But for every one of those they make plenty of Watch Dogs and Ass Creed Unity shit.

good times

Such a shame the PC port of SR2 is completely broken. The console versions are legitimately the better versions, only because they're actually playable.

You can disagree on Holla Forums, but the problem is contrarian shitposters that are currently invading this board and derailing shit are ONLY disagreeing.

The difference is easy to demonstrate. It is the difference between;
and

Polite sage for off topic

contrarian
kənˈtrɛːrɪən/Submit
noun
a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion, especially in stock exchange dealing.
"it has become fashionable to be a stock-market contrarian"
adjective
opposing or rejecting popular opinion or current practice.
"the comment came more from a contrarian disposition than moral conviction"

The people who are telling everyone to learn what contrarian means do not know what contrarian means

Example: People thinking expressing your dislike for Life is Strange on Holla Forums makes you a contrarian.

I was looking forward to reading this thread, but now it's not worth it.

Tell me more

If I had to guess, including realistic webs would require effort for a game that's meant to be a quick post-movie cashgrab. It also means that the brain dead garbage eaters will have to think a bit rather than just hold R2, and thinking makes garbage eaters angry.

You're image doesn't mention he used his own rusty rifle, or that he woke up a week after getting half his face blown off (the day the war ended).

It's worth it if it's that price. Frankly Necrovision is a pretty run of the mill horror-ish shooter. The only thing making it stand out is that it's in WWI, overall it's a pretty mediocre (and at times buggy) game

Got half his face blown off by a mortar shell because the Soviets gave up on sending soldiers and counter-snipers at him and simply started bombing the hell out of his general area just to get rid of him.

One of the rare occasions where the Russians were out-Russian'd.

Are you faggots from Reddit or something? It is a shit game.

It's not even remotely horror. I feel like once you got to the part where you fight the giant mecha-scorpion in your steambot mech and the flying wizard comes out of it should've tipped you off

I think the point is that you look like an actual retard with the comic. I'd venture to say the majority of us don't give a shit for your comic, or the argument for that matter. I know a bunch of people are tired of seeing you edgy meme masters battle it out with the tween girl sjws over keyboards.

It's like the biggest catch 22. Holla Forums gets out of that low spot from the initial google shit, but now every thread has some shitty Jew/Cuck shit stuffed in. I just want to hear about these games and cool shit like